View Poll Results: Will Chautala Return to power (Poll)?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 50.59%
  • No

74 43.53%
  • I do not vote. Thus, I am an "anarchist libertarian."

10 5.88%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Chautala return to power? (With Poll)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Never argue with an idiot........ rohit bhai u r absolutly right.....fully agree.

Quote Originally Posted by rohittewatia
    Bhai rathee merre tey mistake hoh gaayi...

Never argue with an idiot. They will only pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Cool hmmm..........

Quote Originally Posted by nd-chora
    Never argue with an idiot........ rohit bhai u r absolutly right.....fully agree.
    tewatia bhai ki gellyan difference of opinion to haii....chaloo koi baat naa........arr ek aadhi baar galat baat bhi likhi jaya karen.........koi baat naa unneee bhi likh dii.....koi dikkaatt koni......

parr tuu HAND PUMP heyy..........tu kyaa naam kaa agree hoyaa haandeeyy saii.......????:eek:

HHHMMMMMMMMMMM NDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    Rozz Suraj Ki Tarah Ugg Kar Doobna Nai Chaahtaa..!!
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar

1. I have spent 90% of my life in India and 50% in my village till date. I wonder what the corresponding figures for you have been?

2. I have invested atleast 50% of my earnings in my village. Let us see how much you will be doing for you village.

3. I left UK and moved over to India when I was just 23 and spent good 25 years there. I had all the options of settling in UK or USA even at that time. I am moving again full time by end of July and will be spending good 5 days per week in my village among farmers. Wish you join me under a tree some day in the middle of the heat of June and see how much you can do..

To me your words are empty till you match them with actions on the ground. Raising voice on Jatland is easier than on the ground. Wish you see me some day in real how voice is raised on ground... I hope this should be enough on Jatland..rest on ground when we meet...

RK^2

Maybe you have good intetions. But the execution of your intentions is leading nowhere.

People live 100% of their lives in the village and are as useless as a bottle of salt.

You really cannot claim empathy to be on your side when you address "corrupt" leaders with "ji."

Even though I respect you for a lot of things, but you "brown-nosing" the politicians just does not go down too well with me. I apologize in advance for the harsh word. But reality is unavoidably harsh.

I really do not think that I need to live in a village or throw money around to improve anything.

Rasing their voice against corruption and bad administration is more than every citizens fair share of contribution to their society. Corruption happens becuase we have developed immunity for it. We let it happen. We continue to give our leaders one chance after another, endlessly in sequence with their blunders.

And then on the top of it we call them "Ji." Next time you trave in a DTC and they catch a pickpocket, eat your words and call him "Pickpocket Ji." Calling leaders like Chautala as "Chautala ji" would be several thousand times worse than that.

My logic says that people invest money where they can expect a return. No one just throws their money around for no apparent reason. Return could be "non-monetary" and aceptable.

I had rather stick to my advocacy of free markets and let others follow the cause. That surely will give a reason to entreprenuers to invest money in Haryana.

Money comes from out of our state, while it would create employment within our state. Could it be any better?

I just totally disagree with you that we can find a solution for our myseries in our current form of leadership. Times have changed. We need to move on. It is high time that we start being honest to ourselves.

lets just begin by behing honest about what we really feel about our leaders instead of kissing them up. We the middle class excape their wrath. But there are millions others who rely on our leadership for their everyday lives.

Let us stop betraying those in need.

[QUOTE=dahiyarules]Maybe you have good intetions. But the execution of your intentions is leading nowhere.

People live 100% of their lives in the village and are as useless as a bottle of salt.

RK^2: Do you think your so called good intentions are leading anywhere ? Is your life in USA any better than the so called useless bottle of salt for the villagers of India?

You really cannot claim empathy to be on your side when you address "corrupt" leaders with "ji."

RK^2: Do you think by abusing some one you can change him/ her and that too on internet where one is not reading what we are writing? Will you dare to abuse any of these so called corrupt leaders on their face? Why don't you set an example of your bravery in public by your actions rather than giving high sounding moralistic lectures.

Even though I respect you for a lot of things, but you "brown-nosing" the politicians just does not go down too well with me. I apologize in advance for the harsh word. But reality is unavoidably harsh.

RK^2: Reality is universal and not just for me. I hope your eyes also see some reality. I want to see some real action from your side in dealing with these so called corrupt politicians and not just lectures on internet. Visit India and say all this in a public meeting in front of the house of any such politician.

I really do not think that I need to live in a village or throw money around to improve anything.

RK^2: In that case stop giving lectures. Don't shed these crocodile tears for villagers if you can not live with them.

Rasing their voice against corruption and bad administration is more than every citizens fair share of contribution to their society. Corruption happens becuase we have developed immunity for it. We let it happen. We continue to give our leaders one chance after another, endlessly in sequence with their blunders.

RK^2: If lung power is the only think you think can solve all problems, Good luck to you and all those who agree with your approach.

My logic says that people invest money where they can expect a return. No one just throws their money around for no apparent reason. Return could be "non-monetary" and aceptable.

RK^2: Your logic is not the final word. We all have our own logics in life.

I just totally disagree with you that we can find a solution for our myseries in our current form of leadership. Times have changed. We need to move on. It is high time that we start being honest to ourselves.

RK^2: Agreed. However I find no honesty in your actions as they don't match your words. Beating drums sitting far away can not be called honest action.

Wish you join me under a tree some day in the middle of the heat of June ..

RK^2

Rajendraji,

To divert and lighten up this not so interesting topic for me, I can say that sitting under a good Neem tree playing Chaupar (the game of dice played since Mahabharta) during the hot month of June (just before the arrival of Monsoon), is one of the few good memories I have from the tough old days.
    Birbal Singh

bohat chokhha bhai ROHIT........ tu bhi level naapan laag gya ke....... level naapan pai to yha pehle hi bhateri JUTTPATRAM holli..... tu to madak si dheel kar leta bhai...................
    Quote Originally Posted by rohittewatia
    Bhai rathee merre tey mistake hoh gaayi...

Never argue with an idiot. They will only pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Awsarvaadi Soch

Let me introduced myself as the son of Prof. Sampat Singh, who happens to be a 5 time MLA, 2 term minister, 1 time leader of opposition. I did my BBA, and MBA from the US, and currently working with an NGO, Indian Council for Youth and development.

Its too early of a question. Neutrally if I see the overall performance of the INLD (Chautala) Government then I would say that they did what no other government did in the past. I rememember that I visited the chautal village in 1991, and the entire village had cemented roads. The question that struck me was when would my or other villages would have such roads. When the INLD government came to power, and we were the second in the cabinet. With the government CC (cemented) roads came to exist in most villages. My constituency is Bhattu Kalan, and we were the second in the cabinet. We have 52 villgaes, and believe it or not that 90% of the villages have cemented roads. All 52 villages have waterworks, and work to provide water pipelines in 5 villages to the dhanis (farm houses) was done. More than 50% of the farmhouses were provided with electricity under the MPLAD scheme provided by MPs Ajay Singh, Sumitra Mahajan, and Sushil Indora. "Badopal" is a village on the NH, and no matter what happened in the country, the village never had a power breakdown. We provided permanent government jobs to more than 800 people (from 1987 the total job provided in this constituency by us is around 5,000). Our constituency falls under three police stations. 99% of criminal and civil cases were taken care of at the panchayati level. 90% of the jodh (ponds) of villages were given brick walls. Every village has en elderly home (Vridh Ashram). Two minors were established covery more than 1000 acres. All mini minors (khala) were remodelled and were done 9inch from 4 inch providing more water.

Yet we lost by 10,000 votes. For Cemented roads people said "isme kya sir phode". Only 10% of the 800 employments we gave casted teir votes to us. A known person of a village had 80 acres completey "banjar" of a value Rs 50,000. We started and finished the work of a minor crossing his land, and with availablity of water his land cost went to Rs 400,000 per acres, he was the first one to run away from us saying that we din't give his nephew a job. A lot of people demanded "pillay card" (yellow cards for people BPL) and blamed us for not providing to them, but they didn't have the slighest of the knowledge that those cards were issued only with the schemes of the central government who conducted surveys on timed basis. These are just a few of the examples.

For elections we went to people thinking we did the best any MLA could do for them, but we came out as sinners. I would like to ask you with so much of pain and interest we did so much, but with the result would we able to take the same pain we did before especially when people have "avsarvaadi soch". People whom we gave jobs had more interests in the transfers which the expected government could provide, sarpanch had more interest in grant so they could get commissions, etc.

There are talks of corruption that the Chautala government took part in, which I don't want to go deep in. Since the government depends of its MLAs to prove majority, I just highlighted about what we did for people and what we got in return. The memories are short lived, and people tend to forget those who hurt them. Its all "wave" game. Its not about voting Chautala in the next term, it will be about voting out Congress. Thats what happened with Badal. People wanted to take him out, so congress got the votes.

oooooo bhai Gaurav eibb khul jaange inke Deede............ na to nuoey kehte haande..... "CHAUTALA ne naas kar diya" arre Sunn lo........ issa ho ke NAAS........ jissa BHAI GAURAV ne bataya.............. issa NAAS to HAAM bhi chahwe mharre GAAM bhi hojja........................
    Quote Originally Posted by gauravgg
    Let me introduced myself as the son of Prof. Sampat Singh, who happens to be a 5 time MLA, 2 term minister, 1 time leader of opposition. I did my BBA, and MBA from the US, and currently working with an NGO, Indian Council for Youth and development.

Its too early of a question. Neutrally if I see the overall performance of the INLD (Chautala) Government then I would say that they did what no other government did in the past. I rememember that I visited the chautal village in 1991, and the entire village had cemented roads. The question that struck me was when would my or other villages would have such roads. When the INLD government came to power, and we were the second in the cabinet. With the government CC (cemented) roads came to exist in most villages. My constituency is Bhattu Kalan, and we were the second in the cabinet. We have 52 villgaes, and believe it or not that 90% of the villages have cemented roads. All 52 villages have waterworks, and work to provide water pipelines in 5 villages to the dhanis (farm houses) was done. More than 50% of the farmhouses were provided with electricity under the MPLAD scheme provided by MPs Ajay Singh, Sumitra Mahajan, and Sushil Indora. "Badopal" is a village on the NH, and no matter what happened in the country, the village never had a power breakdown. We provided permanent government jobs to more than 800 people (from 1987 the total job provided in this constituency by us is around 5,000). Our constituency falls under three police stations. 99% of criminal and civil cases were taken care of at the panchayati level. 90% of the jodh (ponds) of villages were given brick walls. Every village has en elderly home (Vridh Ashram). Two minors were established covery more than 1000 acres. All mini minors (khala) were remodelled and were done 9inch from 4 inch providing more water.

Yet we lost by 10,000 votes. For Cemented roads people said "isme kya sir phode". Only 10% of the 800 employments we gave casted teir votes to us. A known person of a village had 80 acres completey "banjar" of a value Rs 50,000. We started and finished the work of a minor crossing his land, and with availablity of water his land cost went to Rs 400,000 per acres, he was the first one to run away from us saying that we din't give his nephew a job. A lot of people demanded "pillay card" (yellow cards for people BPL) and blamed us for not providing to them, but they didn't have the slighest of the knowledge that those cards were issued only with the schemes of the central government who conducted surveys on timed basis. These are just a few of the examples.

For elections we went to people thinking we did the best any MLA could do for them, but we came out as sinners. I would like to ask you with so much of pain and interest we did so much, but with the result would we able to take the same pain we did before especially when people have "avsarvaadi soch". People whom we gave jobs had more interests in the transfers which the expected government could provide, sarpanch had more interest in grant so they could get commissions, etc.

There are talks of corruption that the Chautala government took part in, which I don't want to go deep in. Since the government depends of its MLAs to prove majority, I just highlighted about what we did for people and what we got in return. The memories are short lived, and people tend to forget those who hurt them. Its all "wave" game. Its not about voting Chautala in the next term, it will be about voting out Congress. Thats what happened with Badal. People wanted to take him out, so congress got the votes.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Politicians are just like Wives ...... Neither you can live with them, nor you can live without them(Original)
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

hey man.........

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet
    oooooo bhai Gaurav eibb khul jaange inke Deede............ na to nuoey kehte haande..... "CHAUTALA ne naas kar diya" arre Sunn lo........ issa ho ke NAAS........ jissa BHAI GAURAV ne bataya.............. issa NAAS to HAAM bhi chahwe mharre GAAM bhi hojja........................
    hey parshantey............

THEEK KAHI AAPNEY
    Rozz Suraj Ki Tarah Ugg Kar Doobna Nai Chaahtaa..!!
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gauravgg

Hi Gaurav,

First of all, very warm welcome on Jatland. Your words carry lots of meaning as you certainly know the true inside story of Chautala government. I agree with almost what all you said. My only question remains that if Chautala government did so much for Haryana, why did people vote it out? Was it just for the sake of change or more than that? Wasn't it because of high handedness of Chautalasons ? I have been on record on Jatland that Jats rarely vote for the people who undertake development. Voters punished many great leaders known for development. We all know how Ch Charan Singh was voted in again and again inspite of the fact that he rarely carried out any infrastructural development in his constituency. Whereas Ch Bansilal was shown the door inspite of the fact that he did wonders for Haryana. Don't you think it was more of the emotional hurt which Chautala government caused to majority of people in Haryana ? Issues like transfers and Sarpanch expecting commissions are universal and can not be the sole basis of defeat. I would like to hear your comments on the real cause of defeat of Chautala government.

Thanks
    Rajendra
    Last edited by rkumar; May 19th, 2006 at 09:56 PM.

[QUOTE=rkumar]Hi Gaurav,

. We all know how Ch Charan Singh was voted in again and again inspite of the fact that he rarely carried out any infrastructural development in his constituency. Thanks
    Rajendra[/QUOTER]
    Respected Rk ji
    I belong to Chaprauli, the home for Charan Singh and Ajit Singh. Today if chaprauli decides to not to vote for Ajit singh, No one can save him from loosing and the reason he is getting votes is because of his dad's name.

If we talk about infrastrusture then there is hardly anything we can count to his credit, But the good sign is that youth in the Baghpat belt is realising this and is going for someone who works, not just carry his Dads name behind him.

Though ours was the only house in whole chaprauli who was against Charan Singh and Still is against Ajit Singh's Policies because they are never put into action.

--
    Regards
    Vikas Chaudhary

Quote Originally Posted by desijat
    Politicians are just like Wives ...... Neither you can live with them, nor you can live without them(Original)
    Bhai Vikas, who told you wives are like that?

Charan Singh

Can some body tell me (I really would like to know) how can we call Charan Singh great although he came in power just because he was against Indira Gandhi and later kiss mooh se congress se hi support le ke PM ban bethya

Quote Originally Posted by chhillar
    Can some body tell me (I really would like to know) how can we call Charan Singh great although he came in power just because he was against Indira Gandhi and later kiss mooh se congress se hi support le ke PM ban bethya
    I Dont call him great, and his son is not even a good human (As heard) forget the politician part of him.

Dear Vikash,

Ch. Charan Singh was great leader, because power didn't corrupt him.
    He was a great Economic thinker whose political/economic philosophy revolved around Village, Farmer and Mazdoor. The role of women was paramount in his economic philosophy of rural india.
    He was a rare honest politician and perhaps was respected for this, beyond regional and cast boundries.
    Your family didn't support him does't make him a villian or less popular.
    Till date he is the most respected jat leader after Ch. Chhoturam.
    I am from kiloi( Rohtak) contituancy and remember his Charismatic presense changing fortune of a MLA condidate( Sh Harichand Hooda) just after one meeting at Bhalauth village.
    His journey from a "chhapar to Priminister House" is a great tale of a Great Human Being.

Bhai Gaurav welcomeon on Jatland. I agree with you on some points. INLD Govt in general and Prof. Sampat in particular have done a great job as per the rural development is concerned.

The main reason for Sh. Chautala and his party loosing the election is ignorance of their workers. There are numerous incidents when Chautala and his sons have insulted in public not only the workers but senior party leaders as well. Overall maral of the party workers fefore the election was very low.
    That worked as oil in fire of change. Bhai Nichod ye hai ki Duryodhan aur Dushashan ka saath dene ke liye to guru Dronacharya aur Bhisham ko bhi haar ka muh dekhna pada tha. It is time for you guys for retrospection.

Sh. Chautala is a great fighter and can come back.. CBI inquiry looks like a drama and lacks much substance. I keep wandering about the value of the properties in question. No property is less than 100-150 crore. What a joke. This approach is self defeating.

Bhai Sumit , i have a simple answer from you. What did you do for those kids..Jiss ke hisse ka dhoodh tu gatgat pee jaya karta?? Otherwise.. tubb mein ye hi kahunga ki "Thotha channa bhaje ghana" Bhai Raj Rathee aali baat bhi yaad rakhiye, kanhi aaltu-phaltu logon ke chakar mein ake te anarchy na bangya se?

Birbalji, Ek achha Teacher bhi to NEEM ki tarah hi hota hai..SWAAD mein kadwa but chamatkari ausdheeya gunowala!!

cheers!
    Last edited by spdeshwal; May 20th, 2006 at 04:11 PM.

RK^2: Do you think your so called good intentions are leading anywhere ? Is your life in USA any better than the so called useless bottle of salt for the villagers of India?
    I had my awakening in this country. I have met and conversed with people from a very broad specturm of the global society. It has been a wonderul learning experience.

I have the confidence to distinguish good from bad. I have the courage to denounce evil. I learnt it all over here. Doesnt sound like a bottle of salt to me.

RK^2: Do you think by abusing some one you can change him/ her and that too on internet where one is not reading what we are writing? Will you dare to abuse any of these so called corrupt leaders on their face? Why don't you set an example of your bravery in public by your actions rather than giving high sounding moralistic lectures.
    I am not abusing any leader. Infact "chor" is a very mild description of a person like him.

I admit that it may not be an easy thing to say what I really feel about Mr. Chautala on his face. Not because I would have a problem with hit. But, maybe because Mr. Chautala won't have the courage to listen to the truth.

I am not being brave or chivalrous or anything like it. I am just trying to be honest to myself and to others. I really think that it is the moral responsiblity of every citizen in a free society to denounce bad leadership. If you do not do so, you are not just cheating yourself, but you are cheating upon so many others who may look upon someone like us to take the initiative to bring down the "walls of jerricho."

This is exactly the point I am trying to make. Something really isn't right, if citizens of a democratic society cannot criticize bad leadership. Why do we need "courage" and "chivalry" to come out and speak against our "democratically elected leaders."

"Fear" of established leadership used to be a thing from the days of monarchies. Democracies were established just to take care of that "fear"

What is the purposeof living in the "world's largest democracy," where people have to "fear" their elected leaders.

This is despicable and shameful.

RK^2: Reality is universal and not just for me. I hope your eyes also see some reality. I want to see some real action from your side in dealing with these so called corrupt politicians and not just lectures on internet. Visit India and say all this in a public meeting in front of the house of any such politician. [/Quote]

I am not lecturing. Neither do I wish to preach. But I do reserve my due right to express myself.

I do not wish to indulge in any sort activism. Overtuning of an established regime only to be replaced by another regime is not the solution.

The solution lies in our mentality. We really need to look at things objectively. OUr analysis needs to be devoid of any fear or prejudie. Logic is the requirement of the hour.

I think any sane minded person should have realized by now that individual do things better, when on their own, rather than relying on an established regime.

Absolute power always corrupt. But relying too much on our leaderhip and and enrusting them with the pettiest of all things possible, we gamble a lot of our present and our future.

We need more options. We need to seizen control of our lives from the established regimes. Free markets ensure individual leadership. An elected leader can fail on just all his or her "campaign promises," and still get away with it, becuase the whole equation lacks accountability.

On the other hand, with privately availabl alternatives, atleast someone can be held accountable for failure of services.

How about have a private supply of power, irrigation, fertilizers and other agricultural necessities, to start with. The farmer would not have to rely on an unaccountable government atleast. If the private suppliers fails the farmer in any way, he could be held accountable for the farmers' losses and thus compensate them for it.

This brings to my mind the private supply of drinking water in many villages in Haryana. Quality drinking water is available in abundance. The taps run every morning and evening as promised by the supplier, come rain or shine.

Before this, drinking water used to be a reponsibility of the government. I grew up from a toddler all the way to a college student. The government water pipe between Bhadani and Kheri-Asra was broken for all these years. No one fixed it for nearly 15 years. And then one day, a private contractor came, and taps have been running ever since.

How abou private schooling. where teachers get paid only after student's results are declared. They do not get paid if the results are not up to the mark. Meanwhile, parents hold tuition money as collateral with a neutral institution.

Such education system could be funded by parents who can afford it and by charity. deficits can be funded by corporation who do business in Harayana, who would get tax breaks in exchange.

It would be a win-win situation.

There are alternatives to government. People need to realize it. I cannot go to Haryana and force these ideas down people throat. I beleive in voluntaryism. If you volunteer to seek liberty along with me, you are more than welcome to follow me. Otherwise, there is always an alternative.

But the government would never lt alternatives happen. Because government looses power and control due to existence of alternatives. Who would need a government if ther were alternatives?

Thats why government restricts alternatives by adopting socialist policies.

That is why, at the end of it all, it is a struggle against socialism.

RK^2: In that case stop giving lectures. Don't shed these crocodile tears for villagers if you can not live with them.
    Do not make me feel as if I am on a vacation. I work very hard. The last time I had a nice and warm bed for a night was on 31st October 2005. I have been working or doing something every night since then. Not a single say off since then. During the last 2 years, I have just had a week of. And probaly, I will go on like this till next year.

People wonder how I do it. But, I just tell myself everytime, that it makes me stronger. No regrets!

RK^2: If lung power is the only think you think can solve all problems, Good luck to you and all those who agree with your approach.
    I do no beleive in lung power or muscle power.

It is the intellectual power that matters. All strong and effective leaders were not passoutsof "Chandgi Ram's Akhada Academy." But they all were thinkers. Thats what I do. I think. Doesnt hurt anyone.

No doubts i guess!!!

Well as we all knw that " HISTORY REPEATS ITS SELF".....whatever case it may be........same goes here......no wonder if chautala govt comes back to power........we as humans have a tendency to look on the other side of the fence..... coz its really hard to remain contended with something we already have........
    And this adage is very much in tune when we talk bout political parties coz it has happened every now n then.......its a vicious circle which knows no stagnation......KEEP WATCHING!!!!
    Anything anyone else can do, you can do better!!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

lath maar diya bhai

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet
    Eibb saarra mamla simajh main aaya meri JATSINGH ji..... aapn kyoun JAT-DALIT ekta pai itna jor dere ho.... Hmmmmmmmmmmm........aachhha......... BOHAT BADHIYA............................pehlam main tera hi number aaewga Bhai......... dookhi na howwe tu..... MAYAWATI eibb lok KUWARRI hai..............ROOKKA @ KUWARRI MAYAWAT................
    :D Bhai jat mahaan yo ke likh diya. jitsingh ji to ekta ke baat kar rahe thee :D aapne to Mayawati ke Batau bana diye:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Last edited by drjatin; May 20th, 2006 at 10:05 PM.

Yes

If Congress does not perform very well, yes Chautala Govt would be back with full majority and chances are very high as of now.
    As per many people including me Chautala Govt performed very well last time and still they were voted out. So for sure Hooda Govt need to do far better than that to stay in power.

4 years back when I was in India, There was only Chautala Govt in Haryana who were buying wheat from farmers. Even Farmers from UP were forced to sell in haryana as they were not getting same rate in UP.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."