View Poll Results: Is Reservations a Healty Practice?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 11.63%
  • No

37 86.05%
  • No Comments

0 0%
  • Don't Want to Participate

1 2.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anti- Reservation Movement!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by chhillar
    I don't like reservation either Kharab Saab. Yes, it is fundamentally wrong and not healthy...agreed

BUT reservation has been there and will be there in India (for a long time it looks like). So...hadicapped or not if you are included it helps. Talking about being handicapped, most of our Jats are handicapped in terms of education, poverty, job situation and what not.
    Best land in India!?!? says who? Most of Haryana is dry...sara pani to Punjab ke paas he bhai, there are only .5" tubewells in Haryana.
    Log bhukhe maran laag re sein gamman mein!!!

Arr isi jhoothe pride, race arr name ke chakkar mein khul ke mazdoori bhi nahin kar sakte Jat bechare

Who says we have best resources and oppurtunities...we as Jats never had them and we still don't have them.
    shame shame or disgrace...zaroorat mand ko poochho ki usko kya chahiye...gareeb zamindaar ko ghar mein kam se kam ek naukri karne wala beta chahiye

Nonetheless we need to have quality education in our kids so that they won't need it tomorrow as much as they do today

Finally I am in support for Jat to be included in reservation quota if reservation has to be

In my frank opinion all the jats hoping for or in support of reservation (only if it has to be) are NOT AT ALL a disgrace on our name and race ....
    bhai reservation ka laabh sirf amir sc/obc uthaa rahe hain aur uthate rhavenge
    if a poor sc who earns 3000pm can his son study till 12th or can he spend 1000pm(only rent of room and food included? on his sons education if he gets a seat into engineering
    Reservation is a bullshit and caste is certainly not a crieteria

In India nothing is seen without considering caste (or else what is jatland.com)...reservation is not good but if it has to be than better be part of it, thats all I wanted to say

Login to view details.

Thumbs down

for me its a shame to be part of the reservation system....there r so many people who r qualified but they do not get a chance just becoz they r not SC/ST,,,,,,and politicians know how to take advantage...they learned a good policy from GORAS "divide and Rule",,,,,,not only for jobs but see in politics the kind of ministers have come...they dont know how to spk in English and they go for trips to foreign countries to sign treaties,,,,,,,,shame on them ,,,and also shame on us ..coz we do not use our rights......we dont vote and if we do we get wrong people in politics,,,arr pher ye hota hai jis per aaj hum discuss kar rahe hai

Azim Premji's comments on reservation!

Dear Friends,

I've received these comments in mail... initially, I thought of posting it in humor section but I found the correct forum to post here only...

Wipro chairman Mr. Azim Premji's comment on reservation:

I think we should have job reservations in all the fields. I completely support the PM and all the politicians for promoting this. Let's start the reservation with our cricket team. We should have 10 percent reservation for Muslims. 30 percent for OBC, SC/ST like that.

Cricket rules should be modified accordingly. The boundary circle should be reduced for an SC/ST player. The four hit by an OBC player should be considered as a six and a six hit by an OBC player should be counted as 8 runs. An OBC player scoring 60 runs should be declared as a century.

We should influence ICC and make rules so that the pace bowlers like Shoaib Akhtar should not bowl fast balls to our OBC player. Bowlers should bowl maximum speed of 80 kilometer per hour to an OBC player. Any delivery above this speed should be made illegal.

Also we should have reservation in Olympics. In the 100 meters race, an OBC player should be given a gold medal if he runs 80 meters.

There can be reservation in Government jobs also. Let's recruit SC/ST and
    OBC pilots for aircrafts which are carrying the ministers and politicians
    (that can really help the country...)

Ensure that only SC/ST and OBC doctors do the operations for the ministers and other politicians. (Another way of saving the country...)

Let's be creative and think of ways and means to guide INDIA forward...
    Lets show the world that INDIA is a GREAT country.
    Let's be proud of being an INDIAN...

May the good breed of politicians like ARJUN SINGH long live...
    A "No" uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a "Yes" merely uttered to please, or what is worse to avoid trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by crsnadar
    Reaility

GENERAL CATEGORY= Encouraged by Respect, Fight against the Waves.
    OBC= Depressed by less Respect of category, Float in calm water
    SC/ST= No Respect, Float with Waves

Current Situation
    For us (JATS)
    "Agar reservation hoga to JATon ko bhi uska hissa dena hi hoga", this should be our move otherwise we may suffer (ye naare waare, aandolan waandolan to hote hi rahte hai). Including JATs in central OBC list is the solution of this problem, because uske baad OBC WOBC ka funda hi khatam ho jaayega jab sabki watt lag jayegi.

Waise bhi JATon ke upar tag to lag hi gaya hai OBC ka to kyo naa inki aisi ki taisi kar hi di jaaye.
    What do u think?
    Big NO is my answer! I don't want to compromise on quality. Moreover, I don't support caste based reservations.

Navin
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Question Look At this....Rang de Basanti in Delhi

Look At this....Rang de Basanti in Delhi.. I have got by a mail..

Rang De Basanti in Delhi

Police not protecting them… only reason.. they asked for a life with Equality

They can remember those books which said "Right to Speech"..

They can remember those books which said "Right of Equality"..

Some of the most intelligent students in India…

On an HUNGER STRIKE for 96 hours…. 125 collapsed

Begging for their right to talk..

Class rooms sold for the votes..

Media prohibited from covering..

No Political Parties are on a verge of speech

Lets give a hand to all the students, we can make a revolution

Pass it on to as many people u know..

Please give a drop of sweat to your Country..

Its we who live here in the future.
    Deepak Sejwal
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone who thinks about the india first should protest this reservation bill

As far as iniadn Doctors, IIITians and professionals from other reputed institutes are the best in the world.
    If reservation comes into account then the India will not be able to produce that much superior professionals as producing now.So everyone should protest this reservation bill, this way only the people who deserves to be there they only will be there.

Question JAAT bhaiyo...jarra utho aour....is brahmano ke dwara control sytem ko control kar000

my dear jaat brothers and sisters
    i read very curiously about ur views and positions. i respect ur emotions and views but i m dead agains the ppl who are claiming that htey hold best land of india , othhers who express their emotional and catharsis that its against our values such ppl i think forgotten that how one JAAT assassinated by brahmins.....i.e. Natwar singh.who was best foreign ministry by diplomatic skills. back ground being prince from JAt raj gharana Bharat and married to prsent CM of punjab's sister, if i m not wrong!!!!
    here i want ask thsese ppl who are opposing resevation that who will benefit from resevation in education....JAT....if u ppl know it because JAT of rajasthan and delhi already got themselves inclided in OBC category and now its clearly visible that JAT are going to dominate indian educational institute and services!!!!!!!!! resevation in services has provided opportnities to jat to become IAS<IPS<IRS<IES<IMS<IFS<IAAS<ALL A group serices and now if PPL who are opposing this they look in statistics of selection then every year 6 to 9 ppl are becoming officer in above line.

now ppl who are talking about agriculture i wanna to ask them few qns ...do they hve ans for them...if not then study well and do research if u r real JAT wanna to creat a new histry of in as histry of jats. tell me ..HOW MANY JATS ARE ias, ips,irs, customofficer, ifs, etc....? HOW MANY jatS ARE gorners TODAY ?
    HOW MANY GORNERS HAVE BEEN IN FROM OUR COMMUNITY? HOW MANY PRESIDENTS HAVE SEEN FROM JAT COMMUNITYY? HOW MANY PRIM MINISTERS HVE BEEN INDIA ?...ONLY CHARAN SINGH AND CH DEVILAAL STABBED IN BACK!! HOW MANY SECRATOTRIES OF GOVT OF INDIA HAVE BEEN FROM OUR COMMUNITY? HOW MANY CHEIF DEFENCE HVE BEEN FROM OUR COMMUNITY..? HOW CABINET SECRATORIES FROM OUR COMMUNITY? HOW HIGH COURT AND SUPREME COURT JAUDGES AND CHEIF JUSTICE HVE U SEEN IN INDIAN HISTRY? NOW TELL ME HOW MANY STUDENT ARE HELDING POST OF DIRECTORS OF IITs, IIMs (ONLY lAKHNOW IF I M NOT WRONG), AIIMS, AICTE, CSIR, ICAR, NDRI,IIS,. BARC,..................................ETC? HOW MANY VCs OF UNIVERSITIES HVE BEEN OPPOINTED FROM OUR COMMUNITY?
    these are few qns to those ppl who think that they hve fertile land under their control so they contrl every thing in inda ......they liittle know about indian politcal sytem, education sytem...they hve been living some where in fortress on unawareness...power does not lie in hold land and controlling few small busines.....like in gurgaon , delhi munirka, or in harya or in punjab wher u ppl are in majo=rity but how much know we ppl hve that is more imortant in agfter 1995 WTo's birth.
    now ppl tell how many JATS have present in media......vvery 3 or 4 person are their...i think ppl know about tarun tejpal story very well....
    in recent survey we hve carried out in JNU delhi where JATs have presentation in faculty less then 1.3 % mean only 4 faculites are from our community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    go in DU how many prffessors u will find there? Just hving some college on name of jat are not enough!!!!!!!!!!!
    how many writer are from our community...........?
    today how many industrialists are from JAT community..........u ppl must hve heard about DLF story....he is JAT guy!!! but how many are mor like that.....JAT of delhi and HARyan ahve sold their land to Business man and today they are just living on rent getting from their houses..in delhi and .....now today the area of delhi whci was held by jats is under control is controoled by Punjabi, brahmin, baniya, jains etc............
    now today jats in delhi do not hve the educatiopn what they should hve taken!!! now go to rajasthan where jat are dominatinf every where in jobs, education ...........but even they faught for new that until and unless we will not in this list we can not get dual benefits.....mean benefit of general cagory and obc.........now JATs started domnatting OBC list because they are competant...like meena in ST list!!! then why u ppl oppose it but u ppl should fight that we should be included in obcs........evry one here is guided by sayings of brahmins that tum to abb other bachee hue chammar ban gaiye????? if think we will hve more JATs thrrough obc in IIMS, IITS.....we wiil hve more enter preneures...engineers, doctors...ppl u don't know what is these brahmeens do in inise sytem...u ppl can not clain that we hve qulity because its the matter of recognition..brahmeen and we indian claim that india had invented zero(0) but western countries and world does not recognise...so its the same issue...and I M 100% sure that either u ppl oppose or support u will se that our community is going dominate all engineriin , management, research etc institute soon!!!! specially from rajasthan!!! i hve been debated this issue over TV, in JNU and in media because hving an Eperience directly from the sytem.....this place is not enough to debate if u ppl would hve come at som3 plate form i would hve even debated about what historical requirement resevation for jats? what is socially need for resevation to jat? why constitutinally reaqured?
    it is my appeal to all jat community that first u ppl leave the mind set of becoming only farmer and try to be Enterpreneurs, busnessmen, ministrs, PM , PREsident< manager, judges, IAS, IPS,.......control media.......universities.........industry......... .economy.......then u only talk about that we don't need resevation.........its like a poors man in his ego says i m most comfortable and happy in this world because i hve no proble!!! is it tru that if he thinks he is most rich in this world and does need to exercise his right in society as active member and influence the making policy by the government ........aand trnsform all policies in his favour which can make him equall to elits in society!!!!
    all my brother are invited to comment over this..
    my self rajbeer singh basera
    doing PhD in science policy in JNU, new delhi

Quote Originally Posted by harishdahiya
    SANDEEP BHAI,
    iska illage reservation nahi haryana ke education boards mein change hai........agar schooling hi achi nahi ho payegi to reservation ka sahara le kar vo kuch ban kar bhi kuch nahi ke jaisa hoga.........hamari haryana sarkar ko is baare mein dhayn dena chaiye..........CBSE education system lagu karna chaiye.........schoolo mein english Ist class se hi shikani chaiye.........

I agree 100% with Vj.
    A big NO to reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by vjkharub
    We should be dead set against reservation because it is not healthy .. it is just fundamentally wrong ........... because Jats are OBC in certain states does not mean that reservation is a correct policy ....

Jats should be ashamed of themselves for claiming reservation .... or for hoping to get it

Reservation is like artificial legs for a handicapped ... are we handicapped ????

We dominate the best land in india .... the heart of economic development and growth and if we will look upto reservation for our development and progress .... then shame on us .... we are worthless ...

If we cant progress with the best of resources and opportunities we have ,,, then what will me make out of the reservation anyways ....

In my frank opinion all the jats hoping for or in support of reservation are a disgrace on our name and race ....
    जाट महान
    ----------
    बेगानों में वफ़ा की तलाश ना कर ‘साहिल’,
    तेरे तो अपने भी अक्सर बेवफा निकलते हैं l

If we start thinking about "only" Jatism and ask for reservation because we don't have many Jats in IAS, IPS, etc, then we would be thinking in an extreme selfish manner. This way we would be playing the spirit of Jatism prior to Hindustani. I would consider thinking for the country as a whole so that interests of every citizen is considered to be equal. So, no reservation for anybody.
    gaurav

The Dalit Card

Its a shame that we are talking about reservation rather than quality in the 21st century. I see the political angel of it in a number of ways.

V.P. Singh became a messiah of the SC/BC after implementing the Mandal commision reoprt. He was a less known figure in the nation but after this act, he certainly did make his name as "shaheed", which can never be forgotten in a "good", or "bad" or anyway. Arjun Singh is the same name. Although he has been the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh but that wasn't enough to bring his name in the minds of the generations to come. He has played the same card that V.P. Singh played. Every person in every corner of the country now knows his name.

Regional parties are all about castesim. Paswan, Mulayam Singh, Lalu Yadav, Mayawati, etc. competely base their future on caste factors. They can never oppose such a decision since it will contradict their basic foundation. The support of such regional parties is must to run any government at the center ever since the alliance era came into existence. BJP is not completely silent since it has to take in consideration its strong vote bank of brahmins, and other upper castes. Navjot Sidhu, the B.J.P. M.P., is the only politician speaking against reservation.

Now since the card has been played, the Congress is in a dilema as it can not back track because then there will be a whole new front against it for not giving the so called "rights" to the OBCs. They will stress on the increase in seats, which is for now impossible practically, but our governments have been strangely very impressive in promises.

I have seen so many elections, and I would strongly accept that casteism is the sole criteria. The Jats, Rajputs, Brahmins, Sikh, etc always are divided when it comes to voting, but votes belonging to SC/BC, OBCs, etc are usually united. The trends are changing slowly but it will take time.

If reservation has to be implemented then instead of "caste", "financial status" of the person should be judged as the criteria. Most of the farmers would fall in that category, who are already under huge debt and facing drought or natural calamities. Also, people below poverty line would have the benefits. Its very normal to see in villages that there are farmers (upper and lower castes) who can not afford a good two day meal.

Yet if the government wants to implement reservation then do it properly. "agar desh ka battha bithana he hai to poori tarah bithao taaki naash acchi tarah ho. make reservation in movies, in private jobs, in buses, airplanes, let there be different seating arrangements for different castes, etc etc." aisa hi chalta raha to saans lene ka bhi quota banana padega.

The time is to walk hand in hand since the rural india is becoming poorer. But the government of India is all ready to breakaway that harmony. On one hand the constution of india says that "all are equal", but with the implementation of reservation bill, the contituion should also be changed that "all are not equal, people belonging to specific castes are equal in their own castes only".
    gaurav

so what do u expect me to do?u want me to take a sword and slit arjun singh's throat????i just expressed my views.i just said i m against it and i do support those who are protesting against it.instead of passing any comments on my views u do what u want to......
    Quote Originally Posted by rakesh_sehrawat
    So miss deepika, from where they came.... we, ourselves are the fighters, if we think... but what can we do just we can write here as our blood is too cold to take action...

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepika
    If one has ability to excel then his caste or community can never be a hurdle.Its bull **** that goverment is playing games with students,keeping education at stake....Its well said "Politicis is a dirty game' and ofcourse only dirty people can play it proficiently ,so did ARJUN SINGH.I feel ashamed for having politicans like him in our nation.We again need freedom fighters to fight for the rights.

Quote Originally Posted by deepika
    so what do u expect me to do?u want me to take a sword and slit arjun singh's throat????i just expressed my views.i just said i m against it and i do support those who are protesting against it.instead of passing any comments on my views u do what u want to......

well said I m in total agreement with you........

Defining moment

Last edited by bharatrattan; May 29th, 2006 at 04:24 AM.

Login to view details.
    I request to add a new option to POLL
    and that can be

" If reservation exists, jats should be included"

thanks

Lightbulb

Dear Members of JatLand
    Here, I am posting to give this discussion a new turn. Let's not favor or go against the RESERVATION, just do one thing; I am attaching a DOCUMENT with this reply. Copy it, Read it, modify it as you like, write more points and attach it again (or write in the post, as you feel like). In this way, we can make a way to solve this dilemma.

Hope You all participate in it.

Lalit Nashier

No reservation - Equal opportunity for all.

Positive Points:
    1. The person, who has ability and talent, can do/achieve anything. As there is no reservation, he/she will get equal opportunities.
    2. Our politics can improve.

Negative Points:
    1. People who don't have enough resources for survival will never get the chance.
    Solution: They can be helped in other way like government can help them finically. Means, HELP PPL WHO REALLY NEED, BUT NOT ACCORDING TO CASTE.

Reservation - Not equal opportunity for all.

It can be of two types:
    A. EQUAL Reservation for all community

Positive Points:
    1. People, who are in favor of reservation, become happy. Hahahahahahahhaaha

Negative Points:
    1. Competition will be centered within a community.
    2. Zero benefits. Because opportunity for people become less.

B. Unequal reservation or reservation for only selected castes

Positive Points:

Negative Points:
    1. People who have reservation will get better chance, because in most of the cases their family has enough. If they don't have quota, they can still survive.
    2. Fights for reservation. (some people will not be satisfied)
    3. Bad politics.
    Last edited by lalit_nashier; June 19th, 2006 at 10:54 PM.
    I'm sometimes too frank for polite correspondence. This sometimes irks people, so I apologize in advance -- my intentions are always to be clear, not curt.

Why , How , Where - It's in my nature.

पढ़्ये-ओड़ तैं कढ़्या-ओड़ स्याणा हो सै

भांग रगड़ क पिया करूँ , मैं कुण्डी सोट्टे आला सुं !!

Reality!!

Ek buraai hai mujhme
    "SACH BOLNE KI"

Either there should be
    "No Attachment of OBC tag to JATs (whether in UP, Rajasthan or Delhi at state level which only insult JATs & of no benefit)"

else

"There should be inclusion the name of caste in Central List of OBC."

Shouting without knowing the fact is of no means.
    Observe first the situation & then react.

Personally
    "A not only big big NO to Reservation" but "A complete NO to Reservation"
    FIGHT FOR A BRIGHTER INDIA

anti reservation movement

dear friends i want to share some of the things with you ppl regarding reservation. as the govt.says resevation is necessary to uplift the poor ppl but what the reality is govt. is hailing the ppl and want to increase the vote bank, it is all politics for the votes not for the welfare of the poor ppl,if govt. is realy interested to prompt the poors, some of the poits should be kept in mind while making such type of policies which divide the community on caste basis, i do not believe in castism but this is not fair.i suggest some of the points which should be taken atmost priority-

*their school education or even education at college level may be free
    * their scholarship may be increased
    * uniform as well as meal may be provided
    *there may be facility for their tution
    * their all expenditure of books,medical treatment,hostel vagant may be bear by the govt. itself
    what i want to say that all facility should be provided but when there is compition, compition means compition no reservation, there should not be any liberity at this point for anybody and even then if govt.is interested in resevation so it should be on economic condition basis.

May Be The Future Is Like This:-

Sun is rising as usual in the east. Im standing here outside the school,waiting for my 10 yr kid. He studies in class 2. Only this year he could get admission into the school. For the last5 yrs, admissions were closed for the general category students. School bell rings. I can see a lot of happy children coming out of the gate, i waited for half an hour and my kid came at last after other children. Genaral students are not allowed to cross the gate unless other OBC/SC/ST students have crossed the gates.
    OBC/SC/ST fathers drive away their children in classy cars. But i hv to walk back home with my kid a 5km stretch. I lost my car some years back when Govt. came with a rule that general people have to deposit a tax equal to cost of their cars. Failing which i had to sell the car. As far as buses are concerned, the seats in buses are reserved for OBC/SC/ST. So no place there also.

After walking some 5km in scorching heat i finally reached home.It was wednesday ... **** , no electricity.Every mon,wed,thu,sat is power cut in the houses of General category population .So that SC/ST/OBC can be uplifted by providing them with every opportunity and in that consideration electricity is an important factor. Its 10:00 pm in night no electricity at home. Its very hot inside the four walls of home .So i dare to step out in park with my wife and kid.I seated myself with my family on a secluded bench in garden. It was hardly 5 min ... a guard came to us strolling in the park.He asked me what caste you belong to. I said with some hesitation .. G..General. He asked me to pay a fine of Rs.200 and get out of the park. My Fault... The bench i was sitting on was meant for again the SC/ST/OBC. For their upliftment, peace of mind is an essential things. So govt came with this decision to reserve benches for them.Kudos to them...

Its early in the morning ...the newspaper wala just knocked the door.I took the newspaper and started reading ..,its independence day . i never used to forget this days some 20 yrs back. My kid hardly knows wat 15th august is,because i never told him any stories of greatness of our country or anything realted to country.I don't feel like telling him the failures after freedom.

On front page of newspaper, in a corner their is a news about a OBC member getting 6 months impriosonment in "BAL SUDHAR GRAHA" from a juvenile court for murdering and raping a six year old girl. Yes the rules have been amended ,since the last 5 years.The Culprit was a 25 year old OBC so age relaxation was provided for trial of crime. So he was taken to juvenile court, since there is an age relaxation for OBC/SC/ST.

About 11 am some one gave me the BAD news about demise of one of my neighbour and friend Mr.Mehta. I went to his house for condolence next day,his body was lying there still rotting in the heat.I asked his son about the Cremation .His son told me "Many reserved category have died yesterday so we are not getting entry to creamtion ground ".

This rule is the latest from Govt.Where the seats in creamtion ground will be reserved for SC/ST/OBC for their upliftment. Finally, next day Mehta ji was creamted.i could see the sun setting through the Flames burning a libarated Body, liberated from caste n creed.I was

surprised sun still sets in the west.? it was about 9 pm , i was about to sleep in my bed my son came to me with innocence in his eyes , inquisitively he asked me the question:"what is reservation?" i asked him where you listened that. he suddenly burst in tears .. i asked him to keep..quiet But i could listen through his sobs "mujhe bhi reservation chahiye". How can i convince him its no other toy in the market i can get for him? He kept cryin that night ,claiming many of "his classmates have got reservation".

To make him quiet i said ok ,i'll buy you reservation at your next B'day.

HOPE he understands the bloody concept soon...
    A "No" uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a "Yes" merely uttered to please, or what is worse to avoid trouble.