Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: To Admins and Mods of Jatland...

hi .........

Quote Originally Posted by itsnavin
    Sootrdhaar ki bhee kisi ne suni ya nahin...iski taraf kisi ka dhayan hee nahin hai...And if I started commenting on each post, I'll be one of 'misguided' members...who are discussing everything except the main aim of thread...In the begining I read some of the relevent post, now I am posting this message without reading them as their outlook tells the whole story. It would be better to initiate another thread to fight over this issue.

I hope to see some relevant posts now onwards...baaki aapki marji...Spamming karni to woh sahi...

Navin
    respected bhai saab....

i agree with u tht u did want to say smthng u thought was disturbing...... bt dear bhai it was jus a chota sa matter nd nt AN ISSUE ... so i think tht u can jus mail to the moderaters abt such things rather making senseing it like this ..... nd some people here like tht vinod feel soo much happy nd achieved by saing such things under these kind of banners........

i dont feel nything wrong in wt u said........ bt its jus a little thing ..... bt see kya bann gaya hai iss thread kaa..... we dont need preachers here like tht SUPER COMMANDO DHRUV ro something like tht bt jus chill out...

we reach out to jatland jus to many nice people here because here at chd i feel scarcity of this atmosphere...... nd thn wt is the problem these SO CAALED SUPERMEN have with uss....... there r many other things to do rather disscussing these stupid things...

nyways let him say wtever he feel li ke......... enjoy......
    Rozz Suraj Ki Tarah Ugg Kar Doobna Nai Chaahtaa..!!
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ratheetheraist
    so i think tht u can jus mail to the moderaters abt such things rather making senseing it like this .....
    FYI..I started this thread two months after I mailed admins of this issue. I didn't even get an ack. for my mail...that's why I wanted to discuss this issue more openly...

Rest...what u mentioned about Vinod & others post...I m not responsible for what they posted...let them come forward and make their stand clear....but not here...in another thread...

Navin
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

naveen,
    did u mail to satyehwar.he is the best person to contact regarding any issue.because once i tried to contact someone else regarding a urgent need to delete some posts on jatland.and the reply igot was-believe us we all have real jobs to do in our lives.and that made me feel like if i had committed a sin.
    ritu

FYI..I started this thread two months after I mailed admins of this issue. I didn't even get an ack. for my mail...that's why I wanted to discuss this issue more openly...

Rest...what u mentioned about Vinod & others post...I m not responsible for what they posted...let them come forward and make their stand clear....but not here...in another thread...

Navin

Navin, ofcourse you don't have to take responsibility for what other say...
    I felt that technical issue of using big fonts is not quite unrelated to habit of inserting improper and unintegible comments in threads... Some people showed surprise why this is such a big issue, they would know if they had seen slow development of this trend here... this could be seen by browsing through posts of relevent parties in past, I don't have time to gather all evidences...

Vikas, I think you are quite stubborn in not heeding to the anything said here... So you would continue your habits of jeering and ridiculing people because others also rejoice in your comments and people like you get encouraged... in that case noone can do anything but your rubbish comments don't bother me at all...

This is my last post in this thread becuase I will leaving for a Sanskrit camp(http://www.desiumd.org/camp) in afternoon and will be away from internet for 4 days...

-vinod
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Dear All,

Navin Bhai, the issue you raised is absolutely genuine. But there is a problem in a forum like this to enforce a certain type of 'Discipline' as far as asking, requesting or even thinking of forcing members to use a particular kind of language or fonts. Yes, it does irritate one when a seemingly serious topic is hijacked by illogical comments or off the cuff remarks. I have also observed the streak of intolerance in some of us (including me). It is time we all do some introspection.

I know Dev well and believe that I know Vinod too. It is not for me to be judgemental. We all know whether what we say or write is wrong or right. I have no doubt that in a few days time Vinod will be pulling Dev's leg once again and Dev will be calling Vinod, Binoode...

I believe that out of a population of nearly 7-8 Billion people on this earth, we are a very lucky few hundreds who consider this to be our home and meet and exchange our thoughts, which perhaps we can't exchange with our relatives even. I may be wrong but I trust some of the members here more than many of my relatives.

I hope what I have written makes sense. Well, if it doesn't, I tried. And that is important.

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks
    Navin, ofcourse you don't have to take responsibility for what other say...
    I felt that technical issue of using big fonts is not quite unrelated to habit of inserting improper and unintegible comments in threads... Some people showed surprise why this is such a big issue, they would know if they had seen slow development of this trend here... this could be seen by browsing through posts of relevent parties in past, I don't have time to gather all evidences...

Vikas, I think you are quite stubborn in not heeding to the anything said here... So you would continue your habits of jeering and ridiculing people because others also rejoice in your comments and people like you get encouraged... in that case noone can do anything but your rubbish comments don't bother me at all...

This is my last post in this thread becuase I will leaving for a Sanskrit camp(http://www.desiumd.org/camp) in afternoon and will be away from internet for 4 days...

-vinod

There is nothing wrong with Vikas at all....i can vauch for that.........Please stop this undesired tirade here once for all. Wish you best of luck for the Sanskrit camp....Yes i for one rejoice Vikas's comments...any problem with that.....?
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan
    Dear All,

Navin Bhai, the issue you raised is absolutely genuine. But there is a problem in a forum like this to enforce a certain type of 'Discipline' as far as asking, requesting or even thinking of forcing members to use a particular kind of language or fonts. Yes, it does irritate one when a seemingly serious topic is hijacked by illogical comments or off the cuff remarks. I have also observed the streak of intolerance in some of us (including me). It is time we all do some introspection.

I know Dev well and believe that I know Vinod too. It is not for me to be judgemental. We all know whether what we say or write is wrong or right. I have no doubt that in a few days time Vinod will be pulling Dev's leg once again and Dev will be calling Vinod, Binoode...

I believe that out of a population of nearly 7-8 Billion people on this earth, we are a very lucky few hundreds who consider this to be our home and meet and exchange our thoughts, which perhaps we can't exchange with our relatives even. I may be wrong but I trust some of the members here more than many of my relatives.

I hope what I have written makes sense. Well, if it doesn't, I tried. And that is important.

Regards,

JS Malik

With due regards...i agree with you jaggu sir.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by ritu
    naveen,
    did u mail to satyehwar.he is the best person to contact regarding any issue.because once i tried to contact someone else regarding a urgent need to delete some posts on jatland.and the reply igot was-believe us we all have real jobs to do in our lives.and that made me feel like if i had committed a sin.
    ritu
    I don't know the name of the guy whom I mailed but I mailed admins of jatland by the link provided on the site. Anyway, there is no point of making it a rule just by going with my mail...it needs support from all or most of active members. Moreover Admins and mods are like "Sanjay" of Mahabharata...they are seeing ever thread and they know what they need to do...ofcourse they are all responsible guys. I don't blame them for neglecting my mail but I just exercised my right of freedom to suggest something to make the site better.

Navin
    Last edited by itsnavin; May 25th, 2006 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan
    Jagmohan ji
    I am happy that u agree with the message conveyed throgh this thread. Jatland is a very informal site like millions other on the internet. I know many public forums where even abusing each other is also legalised. And there are sites where even by a smallest of mistakes u can get urself banned. But these are two extremes...here on Jatland, I never commented on what we talk in the threads...what I am talking of is just presentation...let it be simple and shouldn't look aggressive.

Tell me how would you react if you see one of replies to your post in RED color and font size as 6?? As a matured person, u just can neglect that post or start a ho-halla on that post. But how long?? There has to be something to put a little "ankush" on presentation part of posts.

I hope you agree

Rgds
    Navin
    Last edited by itsnavin; May 25th, 2006 at 11:25 PM.

Issues raised by Navin are very genuine.

I joined this site five months back and it was such a great site that I recommended this to many of my non jat friends.

After seeing many posts yesterday I repented my earlier decision.One who has seen yesterdays posts of jats abusing each other talking of UP and Haryana and degrading remarks about lady members , should be worried about the image we present to outside world.

Earlier every section was unique, humor section was great but when they posted any thing in current affair the tone always used to change to a serious note.

After some new enterants we saw an attempt (intended or unintended)by these guys to create groups where they go for more BHINN KI BHINN Stuff .

As a result we find more avoidable fights between members.

Again the first address to any member with a long oooooo....vinoddey or parshantae...or huddaee is really insulting and can be avoided .It doesn't matter in humor section but certainly doesn't look nice in other threads.

Than this fill in the balanks style with one word than .......than four smileys than.. oooooo.. than one word than.. eeee.. looks strange in other sections except humor.I agree smileys do help in expression but what expression one wants to convey when one uses four different smileys at the same spot.

These days this strange political sycophancy and threats to other members make me wonder wether jatland is the only way to political propoganda.

Though I didn't want to post in this thread earlier but the precarious secenario of people commenting, See these are educated jats ,made me change my mind.

PS.. Dev Shaeb AND Jagmohan ji timely intervention by seneiors like you can always stem this wrong trend,however if you think its ok than I have no objection.

Thumbs up

Very well said bhaisaab
    24k Golden stuff!
    I agree wholeheartly with u!

I hope ppl will try to understand now on n make this virtual village the best place for JATS!

thanks all

rock on
    Jit
    Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb
    Issues raised by Navin are very genuine.

I joined this site five months back and it was such a great site that I recommended this to many of my non jat friends.

After seeing many posts yesterday I repented my earlier decision.One who has seen yesterdays posts of jats abusing each other talking of UP and Haryana and degrading remarks about lady members , should be worried about the image we present to outside world.

Earlier every section was unique, humor section was great but when they posted any thing in current affair the tone always used to change to a serious note.

After some new enterants we saw an attempt (intended or unintended)by these guys to create groups where they go for more BHINN KI BHINN Stuff .

As a result we find more avoidable fights between members.

Again the first address to any member with a long oooooo....vinoddey or parshantae...or huddaee is really insulting and can be avoided .It doesn't matter in humor section but certainly doesn't look nice in other threads.

Than this fill in the balanks style with one word than .......than four smileys than.. oooooo.. than one word than.. eeee.. looks strange in other sections except humor.I agree smileys do help in expression but what expression one wants to convey when one uses four different smileys at the same spot.

These days this strange political sycophancy and threats to other members make me wonder wether jatland is the only way to political propoganda.

Though I didn't want to post in this thread earlier but the precarious secenario of people commenting, See these are educated jats ,made me change my mind.

PS.. Dev Shaeb AND Jagmohan ji timely intervention by seneiors like you can always stem this wrong trend,however if you think its ok than I have no objection.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks
    My post is nothing but an attempt to speak out which many people agree but don't think it worth to argue about... -vinod

Totally Agree with you Vinod, but till this time i also did not find it worth to argue or waste my time over this....
    There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it

- Oscar Wilde

Arrow

I am not sure what the whole 10 page debate has been about (have not read the thread), but the original post is very relevant... Inappropriate fonts etc is a valid reason for warnings etc going forward... The mods have been discussing a policy on this.

At the same time, if someone wants to use a diferent color or font, we need to be ok with that. The problem is with using big/multicolor fonts etc... Obviously, it will be a matter of judgement, so we'll figure it out as we go along.

Also, please DO NOT discuss off topic issues in a thread. Start a new thread if needed...

Hope this settles the debate. The thread is now closed.

The issue: Usage of Big, Bold, colored text in forums.

Just to clarify, I am not raising this issue against any individual. This is just to improve 'forum etiquette' and step towards betterment of Jatland.

As this being a public forum, members are free to express their views by means of non-offensive text or pictures, I've seen over and again in forums that members are using all uppercase letters or bigger fonts or flashy colors of texts in their messages. I think this is just to get more attention to their posts. It's a shame that rather than quality text, they prefer the flashy and attractive stuff. In the end, they end messing up with a thread which looks more like a kids drawing or an advertising site. One has to toil to read such posts. Note that I am not saying that all these posts don't have good contents but good posts can be lost due to these flashy texts. For me, it's really difficult to understand why they do it. In a public forum like this, you just have to express yourself in words. Other members are not obliged to read all your posts.

I raised this issue before in one of my PM/mail to admins of Jatland but it was just ignored. I went through some posts today and decided to raise this point publicly now. If admins or mods think that the point raised is valid, pl. devise a way to tackle it. One of suggestions from my side...Writing such posts should make one such member eligible to get some warning points and a warning message from admins.

What other worthy members think about this proposal? Critics are welcome as well with their suggestions. What ever we discuss here, the final decision will rest in the hands of Admins/mods.

Navin