Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: To Admins and Mods of Jatland...

To Admins and Mods of Jatland...

The issue: Usage of Big, Bold, colored text in forums.

Just to clarify, I am not raising this issue against any individual. This is just to improve 'forum etiquette' and step towards betterment of Jatland.

As this being a public forum, members are free to express their views by means of non-offensive text or pictures, I've seen over and again in forums that members are using all uppercase letters or bigger fonts or flashy colors of texts in their messages. I think this is just to get more attention to their posts. It's a shame that rather than quality text, they prefer the flashy and attractive stuff. In the end, they end messing up with a thread which looks more like a kids drawing or an advertising site. One has to toil to read such posts. Note that I am not saying that all these posts don't have good contents but good posts can be lost due to these flashy texts. For me, it's really difficult to understand why they do it. In a public forum like this, you just have to express yourself in words. Other members are not obliged to read all your posts.

I raised this issue before in one of my PM/mail to admins of Jatland but it was just ignored. I went through some posts today and decided to raise this point publicly now. If admins or mods think that the point raised is valid, pl. devise a way to tackle it. One of suggestions from my side...Writing such posts should make one such member eligible to get some warning points and a warning message from admins.

What other worthy members think about this proposal? Critics are welcome as well with their suggestions. What ever we discuss here, the final decision will rest in the hands of Admins/mods.

Navin
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Navin, I fully agree with you...

-vinod
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Mei bhi.Katti nyu ki nyu.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Navin....i don't agree with you. So far attracting the readers is concerned...its completely baseless....we get good readers irrespective of the simplicity of the FONTS and good readers dont get carried away with Jazzy colors or BOLD letters and if this is the case then sorry to say that those are not really good readers and also people see and search contents of their interest and also if the option is there to use different fonts/colours and bold then why not use them but people should be aware to use them sensibly. Using different fonts type or color simply expresses the personality of the WRITER and its just the way we dress differently everyday and try to look smart and better everyday. I like bright colors and sometimes use them in my posts but only when i want to highlight some quote/sentence for some specific reason so that the readers quickly get an idea what my post is related to or in which context. And using smilies is expressing our emotions and expressions to some extent in an impressive way to show people whether we are happy/sad/confused....you know what i mean
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

HI SUNITA.
    BUT Y U ALWAYS USE THE EQUATION JAT = 16 X 2 = 8
    AJKAL JAT IS THE BEST COMMUNITY ,WELL EDUCATED AND AS U C ALSO ON JAT LAND ,DAT HOW MUCH GROWTH JATS HAVE IN RECENT YEARS ..............

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda
    Navin....i don't agree with you. So far attracting the readers is concerned...its completely baseless....we get good readers irrespective of the simplicity of the FONTS and good readers dont get carried away with Jazzy colors or BOLD letters and if this is the case then sorry to say that those are not really good readers and also people see and search contents of their interest and also if the option is there to use different fonts/colours and bold then why not use them but people should be aware to use them sensibly. Using different fonts type or color simply expresses the personality of the WRITER and its just the way we dress differently everyday and try to look smart and better everyday. I like bright colors and sometimes use them in my posts but only when i want to highlight some quote/sentence for some specific reason so that the readers quickly get an idea what my post is related to or in which context. And using smilies is expressing our emotions and expressions to some extent in an impressive way to show people whether we are happy/sad/confused....you know what i mean

Was this related to the topic of this thread???? Ask me in PM....and the answer will be MERI MARJI....waise to ye signature maine apney liye choose kiya hai....isi liye samney likha hai....I AM WHAT I AM....par tu bi ginnti mai aagya itni bawli baat pooch kai toD:D:[QUOTE=anadijatdeswal]HI SUNITA.
    BUT Y U ALWAYS USE THE EQUATION JAT = 16 X 2 = 8
    AJKAL JAT IS THE BEST COMMUNITY ,WELL EDUCATED AND AS U C ALSO ON JAT LAND ,DAT HOW MUCH GROWTH JATS HAVE IN RECENT YEARS ..............[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by sunitahooda; May 23rd, 2006 at 12:32 PM.

i don't agree..

i too don't agree with u...
    as u know...if a haryanvi language is used without the spl effects then it won't be having dat grace...it should be decorative in both aspects with words and the environment.
    As we know that words are not enough to express the feelings. The way the comment is said..or the way the post is posted one cannot determine the depth of authors words just by reading normal texts.
    Every word should be dipped in emotions, color and fonts style are used to give a dynamic character to the words..
    Bhawnaoon ko vayakt karne ke liye..bhoomika banani avashyak hai.....
    if words are just said in normal way without the decorative stuff.. they seems to be formal.....yeah like u are wearing formal clothes on weekdays and on weekends u wear casuals... same way in general talk forum being formal is good..and in humor and timepass there should be something which express the feelings..
    bright colors are used to show the fire or dynamic nature of words..and light colors are used to show passiveness..
    so as per me..Colors and fonts shows the art of expressing the views..giving livelyness to the words..
    Vishal Dhanda
    SPOKESPERSON

THATHI CHORA....
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!

Sunita ji,
    It's good that u like bright colors and try to make ur writings impressive using these colors but there should be a decorum. If someone writes a size 5 text..others will using even bigger. Everyone is educated here...and must have done his/her graduation in college. Do you remember from your school/college times using colored pens other than blue(black for Hindi) in your work. Even at degree level we weren't supposed to use colors other than blue. Did u use Green/Red colors in ur Matric/+2/Degree exams...what ever u say answer is no. I remember in the final year project report, I has many points to highlight in the project report but we couldn't use colors/fonts other than the normal ones. And if our that work, be it homework/exam/proje ct report was well read by examiners...why can't we have the same here.

You post was in bold letters but it didn't create any special effect but it put u in a different class where u opted to choose a different font than other jatland members. Reason is not clear at all!

Try this thing one day: Write a paragraph in normal english etiquettes...try reading it and take down the time it took. Now write the same in all bold letter and in some fluorescent color. Try reading it again...and see the time it too. And see the difference urself...and it was my point.

Navin

Quote Originally Posted by rockingguy
    i too don't agree with u...
    as u know...if a haryanvi language is used without the spl effects then it won't be having dat grace...it should be decorative in both aspects with words and the environment.
    As we know that words are not enough to express the feelings. The way the comment is said..or the way the post is posted one cannot determine the depth of authors words just by reading normal texts.
    Every word should be dipped in emotions, color and fonts style are used to give a dynamic character to the words..
    Bhawnaoon ko vayakt karne ke liye..bhoomika banani avashyak hai.....
    if words are just said in normal way without the decorative stuff.. they seems to be formal.....yeah like u are wearing formal clothes on weekdays and on weekends u wear casuals... same way in general talk forum being formal is good..and in humor and timepass there should be something which express the feelings..
    bright colors are used to show the fire or dynamic nature of words..and light colors are used to show passiveness..
    so as per me..Colors and fonts shows the art of expressing the views..giving livelyness to the words..
    Vishal bhai,
    My reply to ur post will be same as given to Sunita's post.

Moreover for Haryanwi language, I use it frequently on Jatland. And I think my posts were rarely missed by other members. Make the language impressive by it's contents...not by outlook!

Navin

Even my posts are never ever missed by anyone. And i like bright colors but have you seen bright colours in my post? I dont use colours until its really required. And i dont think that there is some marks giving committe who is there to give us marks like we used to get. Its not examination hall i think. Same thing i said that if content is so important then why you point out on such thing...let people use colours and change fonts....impressive content is impressive....colors just add a bit to it cant make it magical
    Quote Originally Posted by itsnavin
    Vishal bhai,
    My reply to ur post will be same as given to Sunita's post.

Moreover for Haryanwi language, I use it frequently on Jatland. And I think my posts were rarely missed by other members. Make the language impressive by it's contents...not by outlook!

Navin

Even my posts are never ever missed by anyone. And i like bright colors but have you seen bright colours in my post? I dont use colours until its really required. And i dont think that there is some marks giving committe who is there to give us marks like we used to get. Its not examination hall i think. Same thing i said that if content is so important then why you point out on such thing...let people use colours and change fonts....impressive content is impressive....colors just add a bit to it cant make it magical
    Sunita ji
    Don't take the literal meaning of what I am saying. I know it's not an exam hall but there is some thing called forum rules. And these have to be defined not only in terms of contents but in terms of outlook as well. Jatland is not the only forum where I am active, there are many more...and options to use different colors are available there as well but it's only on Jatland that all such options are exploited to a very high extent. Highlighting text is important whenever it is needed but always writing in a highlighted text...I won't recommend it!

Anyway, it's our site...and we are free. Use your freedom positively.

Navin

k rolla hogya??
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by deepshika
    k rolla hogya??
    Kuch khaas konya...nyon-ye guthham-guthha howen sain!

Khilaari si kar rey they....Gulabo

Talking

Khilaari si kar rey they....Gulabo

manne bhi lelyo ne......manne bhi ghana swaad aaya karre.....
    chalo-chalo line mein khadde ho jao....bhiit ke shaarre laag lyo...DNDeswal uncle baint leke aa rahe hain.......ee gulabo bol baali baith ja ne........aaj yeh donu.....shunita er naveen bhai chitwanne sein......
    :D :D :D :p :p :p
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Ummhuu...ummhuu...konya lete-konya lete...kar ley ke karega....:p :D :p :D :p :D
    Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya
    chalo-chalo line mein khadde ho jao....bhiit ke shaarre laag lyo...DNDeswal uncle baint leke aa rahe hain.......ee gulabo bol baali baith ja ne........aaj yeh donu.....shunita er naveen bhai chitwanne sein......
    :D :D :D :p

arr main bhi soo lane me./......

haan keshu main bhi suun lane me.... meraa bhi kasoota jee karya kare,,,, hahahahaha

Nyon na chittein...ibbey te aur bhee chok karna hai. Par tu kyon vakeel bane sai!! Deswal ji..tere bhee ghee saa ghaal dengey...likad le bol-bala.

Quote Originally Posted by ram6april
    haan keshu main bhi suun lane me.... meraa bhi kasoota jee karya kare,,,, hahahahaha
    Ramlal te pehle ye bheet ke laag rhya sai...katti taiyar hai dande khaan ne.

Shanti !!

केशव और दूसरे भाईयो,

वैसे नवीन की बात ठीक है - किसी सिस्टम का दुरुपयोग करना ठीक नहीं होता । कल एक खागड आया था - उसने खूब मोटे-मोटे अक्षर लिखे - लाल फोंट में - अब तो खैर, उसकी छुट्टी हो गई है !

मैं हिन्दी लिखते हुए 4 नम्बर फोंट का प्रयोग करता हूं, पर यह तकनीकी कारणों से है - इससे कम इस्तेमाल करने पर आप उसको पढ नहीं पाओगे । इसलिये ये सिलसिला यहीं खतम करो । और यह सिस्टम अलग अलग साइज और रंग का सब जगह है - हाटमेल आदि में भी है - यह हमारे पर ही निर्भर करता है कि हम इसका गलत इस्तेमाल नहीं करें, इसको बंद करवाना ठीक नहीं । इस जाटलैंड पर बहुत कम ही लोग हैं जो मोटे-मोटे और रंगीन फोंट का इस्तेमाल करते हैं ।
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय