Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Maharana Pratap - A Jat ??????????

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay
    Maharana Pratap's Gotra was Sisodia.
    Sisodiya is a branch of gahlote. His (Pratap) got (n not gotra) was gahlote only. It was derived from Guhil, Raviji is right. It was Guhilawat/Gahlawat/Gahlote. Sisodiya is nowhere a seperate got. Some Rajputs may be writing it.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by crsnadar
    BADE BOL SE TAUBA-

But I think Maharana Pratap ne aisa kuchh nahi kiya so JAT SHIROMANI MAHARAJA SURAJMAL ne nahi kiya ho.

But I don't know why he got good publicity than Maharaja Surajmal Jat.

I read in a book that once Maharaja Surajmal Jat was offering him the help for fighting against Mughals with 20,000 soldiers but he refused.

So
    First MAHARAJA SURAJAMAL JAT
    Then MAHARANA PRATAP (howeevr he was also a very Brave & HONOURABLE SAUL)
    yonto, haldighati me khali 3000 sena thi rana pratap ki. half of them were muslims about 1500 under Hasan Khan Mewati. Out of remaining 1500 about 1000 were Jats. Out of remaining 500 mostly were bheels and local tribes. Rajputs were hardly not even hundred in that battle. Un ke pas tir talwar aur bhale bhi nahin the. Patthar ludhka ludhka ke Akbar ki sena ko darane ki koshish kar rahe the. Within just an hour that battle of haldi ghati was over. His chetak could not even cross a small drain and died. And this neele ghode ka aswar us neele ghode ne pakad pakad ke rowe tha. Kori bhar ke us ki dead body ki. Us ka bhai Shakti Singh us ke khilaf tha. Us ka baap Udai or beta Amar mughlan ke pithhu the. Bus ek ya hi Rajputi khandan te alagh paida hoya tha jo revolt kare tha. Vo bhi koi Desh or Dharam ke liye nahin sirf apni Chittore ke liye. Aise to bhatere Jat apne gaavon ke liye ladte mare, bhatere bhai un ke bhi chope dhor marye, ek adha naam bhai Jaton ke bhi chope dhor ka itihas me likh dyo.

Vo jo Akbar utth ke bhi nahin aaya Rana Pratap se ladne, us ki Kabra Jaton ne phunk di thi Sikandara me. Vo bhi khule aamm Aurangjeb ke Raaj me.
    Last edited by sktewatia; June 6th, 2006 at 04:50 AM.

Login to view details.
    But n e way, Rana Sanga was bit powerful not as much as Surajmal was. Its true yet that they converted into Rajputs from Jats. Hence, I interfered.

Vaise, is desh ka nash bhi Rana Sanga ne hi kiya tha Babur ko bula ke.
    Last edited by sktewatia; June 6th, 2006 at 05:13 AM.

Login to view details.
    Rahul Nadar ji

You are doing good work but Pratap and Surajmal were not contemporaries. Please correct your post.

its all about politics!!

Maharaja Surajmal Jat ke saath nayay nahi hua.
    Unki pratima maine to aaj tak nahi dekhi.....ha ek baar unka chitra dekha tha JatSabha me tundla (near agra) me.
    I hope ki aanewaale samay me shayad dekhne ko mil jaaye kisi chaurahe par.
    kuchh phool mala mai bhi chadha lunga.
    bye
    FIGHT FOR A BRIGHTER INDIA

Login to view details.
    Unki pratima maine to aaj tak nahi dekhi.....ha ek baar unka chitra dekha tha JatSabha me tundla (near agra) me.
    bye
    Maharaja Suraj Mal

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Maharaja Suraj Mal (17071763) was ruler of Bharatpur in Rajasthan in India. He is known as "Plato" of Jat caste in India. His exact date of birth is not known. He was born in the month of February 1707. He was one of the eighteen living sons of Thakur Badan Singh. Maharaja Suraj Mal created Raja Brajendra Bahadur, married 14 wives, including, (a) Maharani Kishori, (b) Rani Lakshmi, (c) Rani Hansia, (d) Rani Ganga, (e) Rani Kavaria, (f) Rani Khet Kumari.

Maharaja Surajmal

In the early 17th century, the peasant folk of Bharatpur were being terrorized and ill treated by the Mughals. At this point of time Churaman, a powerful Jat village headman rose against this tyranny but was defeated harshly by the Mughals. This did not remain for long, since the Jats once again came together under the leadership of Badan Singh, and controlled a vast expanse of territory. The Mughal emperor recognized him and the title of ‘Raja’ (king) was conferred upon him in 1724.
    Deeg was the first capital of the Bharatpur state with Badan Singh being proclaimed its ruler in 1722. He was responsible for conceiving and constructing the royal palace on the southern side of the garden, now called Purana Mahal or old palace. Because of its strategic location and proximity to Mathura and Agra, Deeg was vulnerable to repeated attacks by invaders. In 1730, crown prince Suraj Mal is reported to have erected the strong fortress with towering walls and a deepwater moat with high ramparts about 20 feet wide in the southern portion of the town. In the same year he built the fortress at Kumher.
    Raja Badan Singh’s heir, Raja Suraj Mal, was the most famous of the Bharatpur rulers, ruling at a time of constant upheaval around him. Raja Surajmal used all his power and wealth to a good cause, and built numerous forts and palaces across his kingdom, one of them being the Lohagarh (iron) Fort, which was one of the strongest ever built in Indian history. The inaccessible Lohagarh fort could withstand repeated attacks of British forces led by Lord Lake in 1805 when they laid siege for over six weeks. Having lost over 3000 soldiers, the British forces had to retreat and strike a compromise with the Bharatpur ruler. Of the two gates in the fort, one in the north is known as Ashtdhaatu (eight metalled) gate while the one facing the south is called Chowburja (four-pillared) gate.
    Maharaja Suraj Mal conquered the site of Bharatpur from Khemkaran Sogaria, the son of Rustam, in the year 1733 and established the Bharatpur town in the year 1743. He fortified the city by building a massive wall around the city. He started living in Bharatpur in year 1753. Maharaja Suraj Mal attacked Delhi on May 9, 1753. He defeated Nawab of Delhi Ghazi-ud-din (second) on May 10, 1753 and captured Delhi. The Nawab of Delhi, in revenge of the defeat, instigated Marathas to attack Suraj Mal. The Marathas laid siege over the Kumbher fort on January 1, 1754. Suraj Mal fought with bravery and gave strong resistance. The Marathas could not conquer the Kumbher fort.
    The Marathas were defeated by Afghan armies at the Third Battle of Panipat and a hundred thousand Maratha survivors reached Suraj Mal’s territory while returning south, sans arms, sans clothes and sans food. Maharaja Suraj Mal and Maharani Kishori received them with tender warmth and hospitality, giving free rations to every Maratha solder or camp follower. The wounded were

Login to view details.
    ne way plz carry on. try to contact soka norman, he sometimes here on Jatland.com as smecker+. Please let me know something about deeg-kama road. some Januthal is there. plz let me know something about it.

you are doing good work!

Deeg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Deeg is a town in Bharatpur District of Rajasthan state in India. It is situated in the north of Bharatpur at a distance of 32 km. It is an ancient town. It finds mention in Skanda Purana as “Dirgha” or “Dirghapura”. Deeg was the first capital of the newly carved out Jat state of Bharatpur, when Badan Singh was proclaimed its ruler in 1722. In 1730, the Maharaja Suraj Mal erected the strong fortress of Deeg. After Suraj Mal moved the capital to Bharatpur, Deeg became the second capital of the rulers of Bharatpur princely state. It is known for its number of forts, palaces, gardens and fountains.

Now a days Deeg is famous for the three-day fair held in the month of September, when the forts of Deeg are brought to liveliness. Deeg has various kinds of palaces, the most famous among them is "Sawan-Bhadon". The palace has a hollow ceiling with rolling iron spheres in it; when water is made to flow into the ceiling, these spheres collide with each other and produce a sound like raining clouds.

Login to view details.
    bye
    Aaj tuck kis jat ke saath nyay hua?

Aaj tuck koi Jat rajasthan ka CM nahin bana.

Kya Jat politics me kamzor tha? Mere vichar se braj ka Jat politics me sub se jyada mahir tha. Surajmal kya Rajasthan aur Braj ka nahin tha kya? n e way Dr. Phaujdar ko contact karo. his mobile is 09414023100

I've never met him. but he seems 2 b a good jat. may be future PM?

stopping a jat from becoming CM of Rajasthan has much bigger issue. people can tolerate a PM and world ruler but why just not CM Jat in Rajasthan?

Login to view details.
    chal koi baat naahain. braj ki chaupayee seekh le.

girdhar kaviray seekh le! surdas seekh le! bihari seekh le!

raskhan or meer taquee meer a te chhode diyo.

aur aaj ke baad mo te braj me baat kariyo.

upper wale sub ke sub teeno jat the!

Login to view details.
    Laathi me gunn bahut hain sada rakhiye sang.
    Gahri nadi naaro jahaan, tahann bachave ang.

Tahann bachave ang jhapat kutta e maare
    aur dusman dawagir ke mastak e jhare
    kah girdhar kaviray

suno ho dhur ke baathi

sub hathiyarin chhodi ke haath me lee je laathee

ub is me batao common sense se kya ki ye girdhar brahmin hai ke jat hai?

aur hai to kyon hai?

Login to view details.
    e bhaiya

ya rana phana e rana pratap pratup e sub dekh linge.

mere mama kaan kha ge mere seoul ke

Login to view details.
    ek mera bada mama sub jante the ballu ke bare me. baaki sub mere charon nana us ki hi katha gaya kare the.

phir mujhe us ki research karni padee. chittore me aaj bhi 1.70 lakh jatt hain.

Wah Sir Ji Wah,

Dear Sir,
    Very nice...!!!
    Ye lathi waali chaupai to kuchh jyada hi badhiya thi.
    Namste Sir

Last CM was a Jat and the present one too (technically)

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia
    Aaj tuck kis jat ke saath nyay hua?

Aaj tuck koi Jat rajasthan ka CM nahin bana.

Kya Jat politics me kamzor tha? Mere vichar se braj ka Jat politics me sub se jyada mahir tha. Surajmal kya Rajasthan aur Braj ka nahin tha kya? n e way Dr. Phaujdar ko contact karo. his mobile is 09414023100

I've never met him. but he seems 2 b a good jat. may be future PM?

stopping a jat from becoming CM of Rajasthan has much bigger issue. people can tolerate a PM and world ruler but why just not CM Jat in Rajasthan?

Dr. Tewatia,

The last CM of Rajasthan Gehlot was a Jat - He is from the congress party and definately a Jat.

So we have had Jat CM in Rajasthan , and the present CM Vasundhara Raje Sindhia , though she is not a Jat , she is married to a Jat.
    Her husband is a Jat, so technically she is a Jatni too as she is a Jat Bahu

So there you go
    Foot Soldier - Azad Hind Fauj - becasue the struggle is not over yet

Quote Originally Posted by vjkharub
    Dr. Tewatia,

The last CM of Rajasthan Gehlot was a Jat - He is from the congress party and definately a Jat.

Let me correct you, the last CM of Rajasthan Mr. Ashok Gahlot was not a Jat, infact he is a Mali.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Unhappy Be Sensible Guys

Hello Everyone,

I find the whole debate quite erratic and misguiding.

The most rediculous thing is Ravi Chuadhry doesnt even know that Rana Sanga and Rana Pratap were two different people. One existed in times of Babar and the other in times of Akbar.

Rana Ajit Singh, desendent of Maharana Pratap, of Mewar never claimed that he is a Jat. Let us not be afraid of calling a spade a spade.

Looks like the whole idea behind this discussion is spitting venom against Rajputs. Please realize that our enimy is not the Rajputs, but our Ignorance.

Dr Tewatiya ji says that Jaisalmer is named after some city somewhere in scandinavia.. how hilarious... who was Jaisal Singh then? President of that country? If there are 1.7 Lakh Jats in Chittorgarh, it doesnt make ruler a jat. If it was so, then how come Kashmir was ruled by a Hindu king where the majority population a muslim.

There are several theories on caste system in India. 4 varnas were the base. If we agree that Rajputs were not the caste, where do Jats, Ahirs and Gujjars fit in that system?

Moreover, this discussion was started based on belief of someone in some far off village, I discard it as invalid.

Let us be brave and accept that Rajasthan was called Rajputana and not Jatistan before independence. Let us not temper the history.

There are memebers in the forum who do not have any prior knowledge of our history and they will believe this to be true and will end up becoming matter of laugh when they tell this in public.

Thanks,
    Bharat Singh Sinsinwar

r u sure ???

r Gehlot's mali also ??? i thought only saini are mali
    Foot Soldier - Azad Hind Fauj - becasue the struggle is not over yet

Quote Originally Posted by vjkharub
    r u sure ???

r Gehlot's mali also ??? i thought only saini are mali

Yeah ! I am sure that Ashok Gahlot is a Mali.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Ya

Some branch of SAINIs also use "GAHLOT" surname & Fomere CM of Rj is one of them.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by chhotasinsinwar
    Hello Everyone,

I find the whole debate quite erratic and misguiding.

The most rediculous thing is Ravi Chuadhry doesnt even know that Rana Sanga and Rana Pratap were two different people. One existed in times of Babar and the other in times of Akbar.

Rana Ajit Singh, desendent of Maharana Pratap, of Mewar never claimed that he is a Jat. Let us not be afraid of calling a spade a spade.

Looks like the whole idea behind this discussion is spitting venom against Rajputs. Please realize that our enimy is not the Rajputs, but our Ignorance.

Dr Tewatiya ji says that Jaisalmer is named after some city somewhere in scandinavia.. how hilarious... who was Jaisal Singh then? President of that country? If there are 1.7 Lakh Jats in Chittorgarh, it doesnt make ruler a jat. If it was so, then how come Kashmir was ruled by a Hindu king where the majority population a muslim.

There are several theories on caste system in India. 4 varnas were the base. If we agree that Rajputs were not the caste, where do Jats, Ahirs and Gujjars fit in that system?

Moreover, this discussion was started based on belief of someone in some far off village, I discard it as invalid.

Let us be brave and accept that Rajasthan was called Rajputana and not Jatistan before independence. Let us not temper the history.

There are memebers in the forum who do not have any prior knowledge of our history and they will believe this to be true and will end up becoming matter of laugh when they tell this in public.

Thanks,
    Bharat Singh Sinsinwar
    Don't you become a laughing stock when you believe, read and propound mythical theories when Rajputs are born from Havan kund by unnatural means at mount Abu?

To the best of my knowledge Jaisel till today is not an Indian name. I've never come across any Jaisel Singh, Jaisel Ram, Jaisel Chand till today not only in Rajputs but in any other caste also. What we are trying to say over there is that similarity of Jaiselmer is there with ijesselmeir in Jutland. Whether Jats came from that Jutland or Jat followers of this Jaisel Rajput went to scandinavia to found that Jutland and ijesselmeir is worth thinking. However, that Jutland and ijesselmeir are more ancient than the birth of Rajputs.
    Last edited by sktewatia; July 1st, 2006 at 08:29 AM.