Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Maharana Pratap - A Jat ??????????

Exclamation Maharana Pratap - A Jat ??????????

Hi There Brethren,

I was having a conversation with one of my village elders over the phone and he told me that Maharana Pratap was a Jat. As per him Maharana Pratap had a very Jat boli .... his dialect was a Jat dialect and the same dialect was spoken by Kharub elders in satrod Khap about 100 odd years ago , (now the dialect is a bit corrupted with a strong hint of Khanda kheri accent)

I am not trying to raise rumors ..... i am just trying to get some of our scholarly members to shed light on this claim and put forward their views and proofs, so as to support it or dismiss it .......
    Foot Soldier - Azad Hind Fauj - becasue the struggle is not over yet

Maharana Pratap was Rajput!
    not a Jat n its for sure!

rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Caste of Maharana Pratap

Hi

Maharana Pratap was a Gujar. I hope on this website nearly everybody knows that Rajput is not a caste, it is status which was given by Brahmins.

And as far as I understand VJ Kharub knows that Maharana Pratap was Rajput but he is trying to find out caste of Maharan Pratap.

I would also like to know the real caste of Maharan Pratap because I am also curious, wether he was gujjar or jat.

Best Regards

Sanjeev

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    My mother is gahlote. but jat n not rajput. The very name of Chittore was Jittore, wherefrom Chittore is derived. Even alberuni mentioned it as Jattore n not Chittore. The coins of More (Maurya, the Asoka) and Sibi (modern Sibia Jats) have been unearthed from the fort. Till today More and Sibi clans are nowhere found in Rajputs. These are Jat clans. Bappa Rawal's mother was known as morni. When Maurya samrajya of Jats declined it was devided into four parts. One was at Magadh, another at Kashmir, one at Ujjain and One at Jittore, the modern Chittore.

Rana Pratap was not Gujar. That way however, n e body can be related to n e one. When Sivaji was crwoned brahmans related his fore fathers also from the gahlote Rajputs of Jittore. Marathas otherwise were Haihayya Yadavs who in turn were a branch of Jats. For about 1000 years Jats were mixing with the local population of modern Maharashtra and the mixed race acquired predominently Jat like characteristics. That's why most of the clans of Marathas are of Jats only.

Conversion of other tribes into Rajputs by fictitious means (like Mount Abu episode) continued as late as the crowning of Sivaji. Smith opined rather Brahmana origin of Mewar. But that is due to Brahmanisation of Jats into Rajputs. It should be understood in this context only.

However, looking on other cities and districts nearby, they are all named after Jats. Like Sirohi is till today no Rajput surname but its Jat surname. One director of IIT Del was Sirohi. Banswara (Bains Jat again not found in Rajputs till today), Tonk(district)/Tokus jats of Takhshila fame having maharaja Ambhi during Porus/Allexander Reign........

Above all Jaiselmer is till today a place as ijjesselmeir in the the county of Jutland on Denmark Holland Penninsula.

Its all beyond doubt that Rajasthan's original name was Jatistan only.

Rajputs are new converts to typical formal hinduism from various roiginal tribes like Jats, Gujars, Marathas, Ahirs, Pahadis etc. While in Rajasthan most of them are converts from Jats.
    Last edited by sktewatia; June 1st, 2006 at 10:24 AM.

To understand the background of Sangram singh, also known as Rana Pratap or Rana Sangha, one needs to understand the background of the Mewar/Marwar area.

This is all a Jat area. Upto the 15th century they knew themselves as Jats not Rajputs.

The gots of the Udaipur Rajputs originate from Bal, and transform into Guhil, Gehlaut, and a branch is Sisodia. We also find Rana.

See the post below in the Jathistoy group, which can give the reader , some indepth views.

Ravi Chaudhary

1 Bal- Baliyan Clans I
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JatHistory/messages/141

and see msg # 141, 142, 143, 145

Bal- Baliyan Clans I
    I have redone message # 4, which is now redundant THE SURYAVANSHI BAL- BALAAN- BALIYAN CLAN. (Pp234 to 237) Source: Jat Viron ka Ithihas (Hindi), History of... Ravi Chaudhary

142 Baliyan clan I I- by Mahendra Baliyan
    Mahendra Singh Baliyan wrote a small booklet in Hindi. Jat Parichaya, - Khap BAL or Baliyan (Introduction to the Jats - the republic of the Clan Bal or... Ravi Chaudhary

143 Bal- Baliyan- Gehlaut clans
    ON THE GEHLAUT, GUHILAWAT, MUNDTOR GEHLAWAT GOTRAS- ( BRANCHES OF THE BAL/BALIYAN CLAN.) Source: Jat Viron ka Ithihas (Hindi), History of the Jats, Author; ... Ravi Chaudhary ravichaudhar...
    Jan 25, 2003

145 Shivaji's clan - Bal- Baliyan- Gehlaut
    ADVERTISEMENT Shivaji, Rise of the Maharatta power and empire, (PP 529- 530) Source: Jat Viron ka Ithihas (Hindi), History of the Jats, Author; Dilip Singh...

Quote Originally Posted by vjkharub
    Hby Kharub elders in satrod Khap about 100 odd years ago , (now the dialect is a bit corrupted with a strong hint of Khanda kheri accent)

if possible, We would like more information on the Satrod Khap

Ravi Chaudhary

Ravi Bhai Sahab,

I will get that ASAP ....... as i am not in India .. i will give my dad or grandpa a call tomororw and get whatever info i can and post it here by tomorrow evening .

Cheers,
    VJ

Quote Originally Posted by rajoura
    Hi

Maharana Pratap was a Gujar. I hope on this website nearly everybody knows that Rajput is not a caste, it is status which was given by Brahmins.

And as far as I understand VJ Kharub knows that Maharana Pratap was Rajput but he is trying to find out caste of Maharan Pratap.

I would also like to know the real caste of Maharan Pratap because I am also curious, wether he was gujjar or jat.

Best Regards

Sanjeev
    Sanjeev Bhai,

Aap sahi hai. Rajpoot koi cast nahi thi jo ladta tha wahi kchatriya khalata tha aur History kahati hai phale bhi kisano ke ladke ladaee ladte the aaj bhi foj main ladte hai. Rajaa ka ladka Rajpootra khalaata tha wo hee Rajpoot ho gaye.

VJ....good thread and the inputs given by all members, i gained some knowledge on words like Rajput and the caste system
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Maharana Pratap's Gotra was Sisodia.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

so is Sisodia a jat gotra ???????

Well, i think Sisodia gotra is common in Jats and Rajputs.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Dear VJ

Eight villages of kharb of Satrol have a common ancesstory .After defeat of tomar or taur king of delhi his sons dispersed and one of them came to haryana.He had three sons jatu satrola and one more I forgot.satrol khap has its name derived from satrola and two of its adjecent khaps or tapas are jatu and ....? on the names of brothers of satrola.Information is well documented and present in either qanungo or Rose book on cast and tribes of north west .I read it long back so I forgot some details.Interesting point is their are no taur or tomars in satrol though satrola was son of taur king,again if we think any single got than maximum villages are of kharb gotr.Mola ,Badchappar though have pannus and other gots but they say we are living on the lands of kharbs.That relates kharbs again to taurs.Again tomars are related to pandavas as per tomar records and pandas of Haridawar relate kharbs to tomars in a way both say same story.

But one point which strongly negates kharb and taur theory is we don't find satrola in ancesstory list untill and unless he has been called by some other name.

l think kharbs of satrol speak a typical deswali haryanvi and you know despite political power khanda kheri is always under the presssure of kharbs of surrounding villages.

Satrod Khap

Narender Bhai Sahab,

I was under the impression that its called Satrol Khap because 70 villages constitute this Khap ..... 70 Villages = Satrol Khap ....

Are you sure it has something to do with somebody's name ???
    Last edited by kharub; June 2nd, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

Yes that is commonly held belief and I was also under the same impression.
    Name of this khap is SATROL.
    You will get these details in H.A.Rose book the cast and tribes of north west India.

I will post soon exact page no. and other details missed in my last post.

Satrol Khap

Had a long chat with my dad just now .... and found out some more info on the Satrol Khap ...

Our village : Ugalan and apparently other Kharub Villages in the khap are not so old settlements ....... they were setteled not longer than 250 years ago ...

The migration is said to be from around Hauj Khas in Delhi ... there are still a numbers of Kharub's residing around that area ...... There are still a few Kharub villages in Delhi ...

He also mentioned that his elders (most of them now deceased) also mentioned something to do with Taur Clan ....

But i donot understand this link .. how is Kharub's and taurs linked ??

Nowhere Kharub's and Tomers co-exist ??

So what is the link ??

Does that mean that Kharub is a relatively new gotra ???

Quote Originally Posted by vijay
    Well, i think Sisodia gotra is common in Jats and Rajputs.
    Yes...like Tomars.
    But Rana Partap was a Rajput...that's for sure..
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

yeah VJ..

There r KHARUB inhabited vilaages in delhi too- MUNDHELA KALAAAN is d major one(near mitraau- so called sabme batti kubaddhi arr gangsters ka gaam ) , near to KAIR village, siddipur loha
    Quote Originally Posted by vjkharub
    Had a long chat with my dad just now .... and found out some more info on the Satrol Khap ...

Our village : Ugalan and apparently other Kharub Villages in the khap are not so old settlements ....... they were setteled not longer than 250 years ago ...

The migration is said to be from around Hauj Khas in Delhi ... there are still a numbers of Kharub's residing around that area ...... There are still a few Kharub villages in Delhi ...

He also mentioned that his elders (most of them now deceased) also mentioned something to do with Taur Clan ....

But i donot understand this link .. how is Kharub's and taurs linked ??

Nowhere Kharub's and Tomers co-exist ??

So what is the link ??

Does that mean that Kharub is a relatively new gotra ???
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

No Matters!

BADE BOL SE TAUBA-

But I think Maharana Pratap ne aisa kuchh nahi kiya so JAT SHIROMANI MAHARAJA SURAJMAL ne nahi kiya ho.

But I don't know why he got good publicity than Maharaja Surajmal Jat.

I read in a book that once Maharaja Surajmal Jat was offering him the help for fighting against Mughals with 20,000 soldiers but he refused.

So
    First MAHARAJA SURAJAMAL JAT
    Then MAHARANA PRATAP (howeevr he was also a very Brave & HONOURABLE SAUL)
    FIGHT FOR A BRIGHTER INDIA

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    BHAIO CHNADRAWAL FILM MEIN... GAADA LUHAR NYU KEHWE THA... "MEIN MAHARANA PRATAP KA VANSHAJ SOON"

AUR KOI JAT GAADA LUHAR NAHI SEI......HISTORY MEIN BHI NAHI LIKHA KAHIN...THAT MEANS..... MAHARANA PRATAP WAS NOT A JAT...

FER WOH CHAHE KUCHH BHI HO.... JAT NAHI THAA....BAAT KHATAM!!!!!!

YES MAHARAJA SURAJMAL WAS A GREAT GREAT JAT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by crsnadar
    BADE BOL SE TAUBA-

But I think Maharana Pratap ne aisa kuchh nahi kiya so JAT SHIROMANI MAHARAJA SURAJMAL ne nahi kiya ho.

But I don't know why he got good publicity than Maharaja Surajmal Jat.

I read in a book that once Maharaja Surajmal Jat was offering him the help for fighting against Mughals with 20,000 soldiers but he refused.

So
    First MAHARAJA SURAJAMAL JAT
    Then MAHARANA PRATAP (howeevr he was also a very Brave & HONOURABLE SAUL)