Thread: $8,000 Raised

$8,000 Raised

Dear All

We are happy and proud to announce that with the kind support of nearly 100 people, we were able to raise $8,000 for our favorite charity – NAJC (North American Jat Charities, Inc.) - through the fund raiser golf tournament that was organized yesterday, June 24, 2006. I must mention here that most of this money will go to the NAJC Scholarship fund. By now, most of you know that NAJC, Inc. (founded by Mr. Ram Arya in 1994) awards approx. 20 scholarships annually to jat students pursuing college education in India.

Although 76 golfers had pre-paid/confirmed their participation, only 62 were able to show up (including 16 Indians & 1 Pakistani); this was mainly because the weathermen called for 70% chance of rain. 14 last-minute cancellations were understandable - esp. keeping in mind that most people, who cancelled, were to drive between one to two hours to get to the golf course. Somehow, it seemed that the rain gods were jats because in spite of running 10 minutes behind schedule all golfers made it to the club house safe and dry; it started raining cats and dogs within five minutes of our finishing.

As was promised, Mrs. & Mr. Ram Arya picked up the tab for golf, lunch, snacks, and dinner ($3,500+); no surprise here – at least for those of us, who know the Aryas. Because of this wonderful gesture from Santosh & Ram Arya, our expenses were almost zero; hence every penny collected during the fund-raiser, went straight to NAJC.

Credit of keeping the expenses close to zero must also go to kind-hearted people such as Ajai Sirohi, Michael Facemyer, and Dev & Sumedha Dabas, who brought a lot of items that we were able to raffle off and raise $300 in the process. For most prizes, we were able to obtain gift certificates from various golf courses including the host course, Holly Hills Golf Club.

The tournament, played in the 4-man scramble format, was won with a score of 12 under par by the team of Ajai Sirohi, Manpreet Gill, Navdeep Chadha, and Ali Chaudhry. Ajai also won the longest drive contest with a drive of 300+ yards. Navdeep won $100 for winning the closest to the pin on a 165 yard long par 3 hole; he beat Mr. Arya by a couple feet.

Our sincere thanks to all those who participated, donated, or volunteered. It wouldn’t have been possible without your support.

Best Wishes

NAJC, Inc.

Thats great work Kapoor. You said "Although 76 golfers had pre-paid/confirmed their participation, only 62 were able to show up (including 16 Indians & 1 Pakistani)....."

You meant non-Jat Indians I guess. It's good to expand beyond Jat community for fund-raising.

-vinod

Congratulations...

Congratulations to each and everyone who made contributions for NAJC. May your tribe increase.
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Congratulations to NAJC Inc. and to the students looking for scholarships. Nice work in deed.
    I wish we here as well can create such charity funds to help our fellow beings, who deserve and can do it not.

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal
    But I do nothing upon Myself, and yet I am mine own executioner!!!!!

A Truly Commendable Deed

Mr & Mrs. Arya's spirit of community service is truly inspiring.

Thanks a lot to all others who made this event possible and helped raise money for the welfare of our comminuty ... (Kapoor Singh Ji, Col. Malik .. Dabas family .. other organisers)

A true example to follow for "all talk" members on this forum .. those all who are full of noble and innovative ideas to help the community but fail on the action front (that includes me too) .....

Lets follow the lead and do something ourselves
    Last edited by kharub; June 27th, 2006 at 08:11 PM.
    Foot Soldier - Azad Hind Fauj - becasue the struggle is not over yet

Congrtas

I must congratulate NAJC for their nice work .

Thanks everyone!!!

[/QUOTE]You meant non-Jat Indians I guess. It's good to expand beyond Jat community for fund-raising.

-vinod[/QUOTE]

Yea Vinod, the demographical breakdown of the people who either played or paid (but could not play) was quite varied and interesting:

Indians – 17 (including 3 ladies, 2 kids under18, 1 Sikh jat, 1 Pakistani muslim jat, 1 non-jat)
    Blacks – 2 (1 lady)
    Whites – 57 (including 3 ladies)
    All volunteers on the day of the tournament were non-Indian girls/ladies.

In addition, there are at least 20 more individuals/businesses (none of them Indian), who expressed their inability to attend but sent donations anyway. Donations are still trickling in; it seems that we will end up with close to $9,000.

Most of us usually have a very stereotypical image of the Americans as very self-centered people. In my opinion (although I have lived here for only 6-7 yrs), they are the most giving and charitable people – I am talking of the general public not the President or his policies. Americans gave $300 billion to charity last year (I hope I got the numbers right); the average amount of contribution comes out to $1,000/person. As much as we would like to think otherwise, I think Indians (even those of us, who make more than a decent living) are still slow and hesitant in giving to charity. Saving for a rainy day is a good habit but giving away 1-2% of your fortune is even better. The feel-good factor of being able to do something for others has its own positive impact on one’s mind, body, and spirit.

Sincere thanks to Col. Malik, Shobhit, VJK, and Vikas for their words of encouragement for NAJC.

NAJC Golf Outing

Kapoor Singh worked the hardest to make this charity event a success. NAJC and I personally are thankful to a hardworker and dedicated person like Kapoor.

IMHO, there is no better person than Mr. Arya to learn modesty from. He’s always eager to give credit to others; even for work done by him. This event would not have been even half as successful but for his personal contacts, monetary contribution, and time invested.

NAJC is lucky to have such a Godfather. I will happily take the title of an apprentice – after all there is so much to learn from him.

Many Congratulations
    To Mr Ram Sarup Arya Ji
    Mr Kapoor Singh And All Members Of Najc
    Carry On Good Work
    God Bless Your Godfather And All Members

Dharmpal Dudee
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

kapor hi, my nickname is lemon, in varuna house and a class junior. nice to know a raist is doing a wonderful service( as expected) for the community . keep it up. regards