Thread: A Successful Jat Meeting: AJA Chicago

A Successful Jat Meeting: AJA Chicago

Dear Members,

I received following report on Chicago Jat meeting held on 26th May 2006, from Dharampal Singh Dudee. He is currently unable to post it so I am posting it on his behalf.
    ---------------------------------------------
    ASSOCIATION OF JATS IN AMERICA

Highlights from the Annual 2006 celebrations in the Chicago area on the 27th of May, 2006 :
    • Members arrived in record numbers from UK, India and all over USA. They greeted each other during the social hour.
    • Kids participated in sports activities deftly organized by Youth Secretary Swati Kumar.
    • Visiting guests and members introduced themselves and updated on the developments in their personal/ professional lives.
    • President Savita Kumar thanked members for their support. Thanks to her exemplary leadership AJA had the best year in a decade !
    • Treasury Secretary Ashish Chaudhry gave an account of finances of AJA and the need for increased contributions/ donations.
    • Visiting dignitary Dharmpal Dudee paid glowing tributes to the valiant Jats who fought in World War I in Europe.
    • Senior member Krishna Kumar thanked Dharmpal Dudee for his tireless service to the community. Book titled “History of Haryana Sarvkhap – Freedom Fighters and Martyrs” authored by Dharmpal Dudee was presented for international release.
    • Offg. Cultural Secy. Gargi Kumar made sure all agenda items were covered timely and kept the evening rolling.
    • Winners of sporting activities were awarded ribbons. Dharmpal Dudee did the honors.
    • Impressed by the work done by the women-team, members nominated women in key roles for yet another year in the executive committee.
    • Future President Sunita Sahu promised to work hard to live upto the trust members have reposed in her.
    • Then members dispersed for dinner from an area caterer.
    • DJ Anil Jha exceeded expectations by his musical scores. He had members clamoring for more of his vocal performance.
    • Child prodigy - Shreya Chaudhry delighted everyone with her poem. Gifted singers Krishna Kumar, Sarla Mathur and Raj Singh sang a string of hummable songs.
    • Members burst into peels of laughter at the Jat jokes narrated by Amarjeet Singh and Udaivir S. Sirohi.
    • At the prodding of the DJ, couples sway danced to tunes of yore.
    • Not to be outdone, later all members took to dance floor and showed off their jigs and jives.
    • Members thanked DJ Anil Jha and party for the rendition of songs and making the evening a memorable one.
    • As the night drew closer, members called it a day. They promised to keep in touch and show up for the Diwali function.

Special Thanks to members/ visitors who traveled long distances to be with their fellow Jats.
    1. Dharmpal Dudee and family from UK and Lexington, KY.
    2. Saarthak Singh from Louisville, KY.
    3. Raj Singh and family from Dayton, OH.
    4. Vidya Tomar and family from Minneapolis, MN.
    5. Ashish Tomar and family from India and Minneapolis, MN.
    6. Narender Panwar from India.
    -------------------------------------------
    -Vinod

(Pictures are attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	1367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	1368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	1369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	1370  
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

(More picture)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	1371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	1372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	1373  
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

My comments: Its really great to see that poeple are keeping up the practice of regular meetings and discussions vibrantly alive. Looking at such regional progress and developments we can imagine what could we do if we can come together. I am sure there are lots of people on Jatland from Chicago, please put your thoughts and give feedback if you happened to attend the meeting. I am surprised that this meeting wasn't advertised on Jatland.

Members visit this site and discuss politics and Mallika Sherawat. It would be great if members could support such efforts and start thinking of actively participating in strenghtening our community.

-vinod

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks View Post
    My comments: Its really great to see that poeple are keeping up the practice of regular meetings and discussions vibrantly alive. Looking at such regional progress and developments we can imagine what could we do if we can come together. I am sure there are lots of people on Jatland from Chicago, please put your thoughts and give feedback if you happened to attend the meeting. I am surprised that this meeting wasn't advertised on Jatland.

Members visit this site and discuss politics and Mallika Sherawat. It would be great if members could support such efforts and start thinking of actively participating in strenghtening our community.

-vinod
    vinod ji is sucessful meeting ke bare mai jankar kaphi acha laga.....

netra

Sangwan Bhai

Sunkar acha laga ki bahar itna acha function kia jat bhaio ne.

Ab kam se kam ye to tension nahi ki bahar jaa ke akelapan mehsus hoga:p
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Excellent

Dear Vinod,

Midwest Chapter is very active community. There are a lot of Indians in Chicago and area around. We can take some tips from this to further improve our own diwali function.

Anjana has done well to post the pictures of the picnic. I think we need to post the details of all the activities those took place at the Picnic.

It is so heartening to learn that AJA is doing so well in so many places. It further motivates us to get an intigration done.

Thanks for posting this report.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Very Encouraging...

Dear Vinod,

Good to see that a lot of JATS are meeting each other in a far away land. May the tribe grow and prosper.

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Dear Vinod & All
    .Thank you very much.
    Kisi Community- organigation ko banane mae.
    InterNet site per likne sy kam nahi chalta hae.
    Personal contact aur team work bahut jaruri hae
    Basic ground work- faundation Banani padti hae

JAT VIDYA AUR NAT VIDYA KA JUGAD BHI JARURI HAE

TAN-MAAN- DHAN KI KURWANI DENI PADTI HAE
    ROME- TAJ MAHAL 1 DIN MAE NAHI BANTA HAE
    DUNIYA MAE TODNA AASAN HAE- JODNA MUSKIL HAE.
    TODANE WALE SY JODNE WALA MAHAN HOTA HAE.
    It need lots of planning & hard work like any big event.
    It was planned last year In Chicago & Lexington. We want this on world level in big way. It gone through all ups & Downs. Some people agreed & changed mind. Some put condition of chief guest. other let down on last movement.
    Mostly AJA Chapters were invited. I given the list of AJA people .

It was put on this site as well by Alkesh Chaudhry. Not a single person replied. See above thread. This is good lesson for all. We are doing these events for last 40 years with out net. But we must make a good use of internet.
    Cheers

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...GO+28+MAY+2006
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed