Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Denigatory remarks about Jats in books

Denigatory remarks about Jats in books

Hi members,

I found in a book Published by Sadhana Publications, Delhi in which there is a denigatory sentence about Jats, I have written following letter to Publisher. Our members at Delhi may take steps to correct the facts. Similar errors are there in NCERT text books also. We need to correct them. Here is my letter;

To,
    Mrss Sadhana Publications,
    K-4/4, Model Town,
    Delhi – 110009.

Dear Sir,

I purchased the book titled

“हमारे पूजनीय तीर्थ और पर्यटन स्žथल” – Hamare Poojaniye Teerth aur
    Paryatan Sthal, published by you.
    I am living in Madhya Pradesh. On page 94 of the above book while
    reading about Narsinghpur I find a sentence

“सन् १७८२ ई. के पश्žचात एक जाट लुटेरा .....नरसिंह पुर में आ बसा ।” –
    meaning “A jat robber after 1782 AD .....settled in Narsinghpur .

I am pained to read this sentence. It is a very denigatory remark
    about Jat community. You have not quoted any source for it. Jat rulers
    were the founders of Narsinghpur. How can they be the robbers? I am
    quoting what an international site says about this town:

“Narsinghpur or Narsimhapur is a town in Madhya Pradesh state of
    central India. Narsinghpur is the administrative headquarters of
    Narsinghpur District.
    Narsinghpur has a large temple of Lord Narsingh. This temple was
    constructed by Jat Sardar in the 18th century. Khirwar clan Jats came to
    this place from Brij and founded the city of Narsinghpur, where they
    ruled for a long period. Khirwars of Narsinghpur were followers of god
    Narsingh. Here they constructed two temples of Narsingh avatar.” (See
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narsinghpur)

There was a debate yesterday on this subject in Parliament which has
    taken a serious view about this derogatory sentence about Jats who are
    the protectors of this country.

Hope you will correct these facts in your book and intimate me.
    Otherwise I will go to court to seek the redresal.

Thanks,
    Yours faithfully,
    Laxman Burdak
    Laxman Burdak

Dear Laxmanji,

I fully endorse your views and whole heartedly support your actions.
    Hope, the publisher of the book correct the facts and get back to you soon.

Sateypal

I really do not think that any libel should be taken seriously by anyone of us.

Deeds speak more than words. Lets keep working hard at whatever we are doing. Maybe 50 years from now they will have something nice to say baout us when they look back at our generation of Jats.

Actions suggested; outlook

Outlook magazine : feedback -Denigratory remarks on jats

Burdak ji
    has done to write.
    We shudl all write to magaiznes, write artciles, get them punlished.

Outlook ran a story on this

http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp...extbooks&sid=1

It's History, Once Again

""Ravi Shankar Prasad of BJP objected that in the book Modern India
    History by Bipin Chandra, reintroduced by the NCERT, revised in 2005,
    the Jats have been called 'luteraa' or looters, Guru Gobind Singh took
    'mastab' from Bahadur Shah Zafar and that above all, 'Lokmanya Tilak,
    Aurobindo Ghosh and Bipin Chandra Pal have been called terrorists -
    that they created terror'""

They have posted my feedback

http://www.outlookindia.com/rantsmag...extbooks&sid=1
    Daily Letters | 19 Aug, 2006 02:13:32AM (IST)
    Indian History textbooks are notoriously ignorant, of or denigratory
    of the Jats and their contributions to the Indian polity,and their
    resistance to foreign invasions.

For those wishing to learn a bit more

Visit and join the Jathistory group at

url :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jathistory

or search for Yahoo jathistory

Perhaps one the editors can contact me directly

Ravi Chaudhary

RAVI CHAUDHARY
    TORONTO CANADA

We should all do more of this.
    People wishing to give feedback should click on link below:

http://www.outlookindia.com/rantsmag...extbooks&sid=1

Some discussion did take place on the subject in thread Ncert & Jat Hostory some time back. I have nothing to add except that contained in my post therein.

In my view, we should take others along with us in this fight - such as Sikhs and Rajputs. History books in schools contain such remarks against all such forward communities - Marathas too. There is no harm if such chapters are put in books at higher level - universities etc. But if young minds are taught such themes, they treat such information as true. Some organisation like Jat Mahasabha etc. and some mediamen could be involved in it.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Thats good thing you did Laxman ji. And could anybody provide information about the person, supposedly lootera, in question?

-vinod
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules View Post
    I really do not think that any libel should be taken seriously by anyone of us.
    Mr Dahiya we aint living in Gandhi era. Either you are too cool as a Jat or you never get offended by any such kinda remarks.
    Jaton ka to khoon ubal jaata hai koi bhi ulti baat sunkar or aap kahte ho ki koi action nahi liya jaana chahiye.

Very good n prompt action taken Mr Burdak....thr would be good reaction sooner....if we need more kind of this letters thn we all can send it to this publisher..or any other thing to remove this kind off errors from book..

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    If the jats be called robbers after gokula/surajmal period then when did suddenly jats become robber? what were Jats doing before that and since when? were they robbers since beginning? whom have they looted before that? if some robbers came in their land and they robbed them back then what was the harm? after all moghuls, muslims, british etc. were not the robbers? why did they come to jatland around delhi? then should Jats must have appealed against them in some international human rights commission at that time? should they have taken ghazni of mahmood to the court? n if at all then to which court? bhagat singh was also a terrorist that way?

my mom filed a writ petition in high court regarding the deletion in NCERT books in BJP's time. She wanted full debate in court on history. BJP people are also the face of other side of the coin. They loud jats in later medieval period not as robbers!! but neither BJP nor Left nor Congress louds Jats in history books when they attacked Ghazni of Mahmood. They dont loud when nakli sanyogita swayamber is shown in Purana quila light n sound show.

I think some well planned and discussed combined pettition should be moved in the court. Urging and requesting the court to see the past incidents of Jats for thousands of years and then to decide whether they should be called as robbers or not? let the history come out whichever way it comes.after all jats will be recognised before surajmal at least!!!!!

I caution in this regard that we should not come in any propaganda. Jat history was destroyed/distorted by all whether Left or Right/saffron. More there are court cases on history more it'll come out. Like marx said that labours are nothing to loose their chains similar is with jat history more it is discussed more it'll come out. writing to such book writers is a good step but these book writers must be asked that when did these Jats loot this most fertile land of the world from Indus to Ganges? and from whom they had looted this land? why their books are silent about this great loot? Lootere's always come from desert or backward land to good land and not vice versa. always looteres like nadir shah, ahmad shah, babur, allexander, taimur, british etc. came to this best land for what? for donating jats something? till today their central place (Delhi) is inhabited by all castes n tribes by the people from all over India, including these writers. what these writers are doing in the central place delhi originally owned, developed and founded by jats?

no tribe in the world made history more than what jats did. but in their present land their history in text books is almost zero and whatever for name sake is there that is derogatory. their rice/grain/cane bowl fertile land and labour have been looted by all others since times unknown and even then they are the looters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by sktewatia; August 21st, 2006 at 04:15 AM.

Very True.

The issue is not limited to the use of some words but loot of entire Jat history where Left BJP Congress are players of the same team.

IITian BRAIN always go for the iceberg concealed under the tip

Login to view details.
    there is another book, the very famous one "India from Curzon to Nehru" written by Durgadas a kayastha writer. He was associated with nehru. At one point he writes, "Jats were a backward caste and we did not used to share food with them"

At another point he involves them in the conspiracy of murder of Gandhi. He writes, "Gandhi used to say that if Delhi is gone then India is gone. He was afraid of Jats of Bharatpur"

"Nehru immediately cautioned Lord Mountbetten, and in turn he immediately tightened the security of Delhi from South side"

"Moreover, the revolver with which Gandhi was killed was also found to be from the armoury of Alwar state"

"Mountbatten immediately laid the seige of Delhi, lest the troops of Bharatpur march towards Delhi, then Delhi will again be a state as ever ruled by Jats"

This book is very famous. Some Jat boys in IIT who used to prepare for Civil Services immediately braught it to my notice then. Anybody can access it on net, google, just by typing a few words.

I was deeply moved that time that this is the view of the famous historians at that time. Every bad thing is associated with Jats. They labour a lot. They grow grains/canes and feed whole India. Whole world's eye's were always associated on them write since cyrus/allexander/chingez/nadir............n, they were very good people n great,........ Jats were robbers.

It sounds similar to the fact that Mauryas are the pride of history. Till today we used 3/4 lions symbol of Asoka for Indian Govt. Yet they are described as Sudras/Mahasudras in purans/history. Voh!!!!!!1 Indian historians!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Tewatia, you are right. As per Kayasths, they used to be accountants for khap govts just as Bhats used to be singers, all employed by Jats... somebody said, problem with history is that so many people who know nothing about history are trying to change it... These stereotypical metaphors still continue to dominate Indian mindset...
    Hindus in US are dying to change California textbooks and whereas they don't realize their hypocracy while its comes to India text books... BJP is no better, they are raising voice just because they are in opposition... anyway, things will change for sure...

-vinod

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia View Post
    there is another book, the very famous one "India from Curzon to Nehru" written by Durgadas a kayastha writer. He was associated with nehru. At one point he writes, "Jats were a backward caste and we did not used to share food with them"

At another point he involves them in the conspiracy of murder of Gandhi. He writes, "Gandhi used to say that if Delhi is gone then India is gone. He was afraid of Jats of Bharatpur"

"Nehru immediately cautioned Lord Mountbetten, and in turn he immediately tightened the security of Delhi from South side"

"Moreover, the revolver with which Gandhi was killed was also found to be from the armoury of Alwar state"

"Mountbatten immediately laid the seige of Delhi, lest the troops of Bharatpur march towards Delhi, then Delhi will again be a state as ever ruled by Jats"

This book is very famous. Some Jat boys in IIT who used to prepare for Civil Services immediately braught it to my notice then. Anybody can access it on net, google, just by typing a few words.

I was deeply moved that time that this is the view of the famous historians at that time. Every bad thing is associated with Jats. They labour a lot. They grow grains/canes and feed whole India. Whole world's eye's were always associated on them write since cyrus/allexander/chingez/nadir............n, they were very good people n great,........ Jats were robbers.

It sounds similar to the fact that Mauryas are the pride of history. Till today we used 3/4 lions symbol of Asoka for Indian Govt. Yet they are described as Sudras/Mahasudras in purans/history. Voh!!!!!!1 Indian historians!!!!!!!!!!

what is their reason to call jats looters?
    while jat feed half of India.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeker View Post
    what is their reason to call jats looters?
    while jat feed half of India.
    iferiority complex. like the one the roman emperors used to feel from gets dacia. jats produce the best warriors and sportsman n best scientists. the kind of whom were not born before.

kayastha was a new tribe less then 1000 years back and their composition includes all the tribes. who were good just in reading n writing n nothing else.

Login to view details.
    statistics can be gathered from the army how many kayasthas have died over there n how many jats in defence of India.

Login to view details.
    nealy after 1000 BC, Jats started spreading to east (and south) in the form of republics and mahajanpadas. There slowly they started mingling with local tribes and races. Jat system or Jat culture was now being adopted by tthe races and people who were of mixed breed. There it became a Jati (caste) system. When the people this Jat(i) system came back again in contact with Jats they tried to preach their Jat(i) culture to these original Jats. Little knowing that whom they are teaching or preaching were rather their ancestors and gurus and they were already much ahead of them in this Jatt vidyas. Jats rebuffed the new Jat(i) system of these new castes. There after they started writing derogatory remarks about Jats.

From the decade Jats have done good deeds always.. Nut we never took any step to preserve our history>>> This community never believed in flattering, buttering & always left their impresion by their great works. Jats never accepted Brahmin's theory. It's only Brahmin"s conspiracy that Jats are declined in their social staus in the eye of world....... No wit's the time to awake........ Great work Burdak JI.............
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

latest news, read today's times of india; a famous historian supports that its was true, nothing danigatry about it, i cant get why everybody r so jealous of Jats, for more info just read today's Times of India

hume inhe sabak jaroor sikhana chaiye,

Rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia View Post
    my mom filed a writ petition in high court regarding the deletion in NCERT books in BJP's time. She wanted full debate in court on history. BJP people are also the face of other side of the coin. They loud jats in later medieval period not as robbers!! but neither BJP nor Left nor Congress louds Jats in history books when they attacked Ghazni of Mahmood. They dont loud when nakli sanyogita swayamber is shown in Purana quila light n sound show.

I think some well planned and discussed combined pettition should be moved in the court. Urging and requesting the court to see the past incidents of Jats for thousands of years and then to decide whether they should be called as robbers or not? let the history come out whichever way it comes.after all jats will be recognised before surajmal at least!!!!!
    Tewatiaji Ram Ram
    I really doubt court cases solve any problems. More so the one about undoing false history. The so called experts that Courts will have to rely on are the same leftists and rightists, each with their agendas and prejudices.

Only viable option, though a painfully time consuming one, is acquisition of political power. The path shown by Sh Chhotu Ram in the last century is the correct way for the masses to regain their lost pride.
    - In the ordinary course of nature thousands upon thousands are born every day, but he alone is truly born whose birth leads to the elevation of his race.

PROUD MOVEMENTs OF JAT HISTORY

Dear ALl
    We should fight for Denigatory remarks about jats in history books.
    We should also fight for truth & Justice and not among ourself.
    At the same time we should try to write our true jat history.
    Replace these bad remarks with proud movements of Jat history.
    How many Jats know our history & Proud movement.
    HERE ARE FEW LINES TO START WITH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When jats stopped muslim Mir Kasim in Sindh .
    Jats fighted with Mahomand Gajnavi
    RamLal Khokar Jat Bounded Mahmond Ghori
    Harvir Gulia bounded Tamur lung
    Jatwan of Hansi stopped Ghori at Hansi Fort.
    Deeds of Gokula, RajaRam , Maharaja Surajmal & Jawahar Singh.
    Maharaja Ranjit Singh & Bhagat Singh.
    Raja Nahar Singh & 1857 freedom Fighters
    Maha Raja Mahinder Partap & INA
    Jat Regiment proud history of 211 years.
    Brig Hoshiar Singh & China war of 5 Jat Regiment.
    Barki & Dograi in 1965 war with PAK.
    I heard all these deeds of 3 Jat Regiment from Brig. Hayde at Jat regiment Re-union at Baraeley in 2003.

. I also met the 3rd Jat BN in colaba when I was in navy.I made many friends& have good time in Bombay. The war story was told to me in details by Nk Karan singh & ramparsad of my village Ghasola, charkhi dadri.this story is also in my book.
    There are 25 jat BN in jat regt.and every unit has finest hour of glory in their 211 years of army history
    .There was finest hour in1914 when 6jat became 1st Royal jat BN . My grand father was guest of king&queen of England. hon capt Hem raj bahadur was appointed ADC to king of England

During 1971 war 4 Jat bn save FAZILKA
    from paki. 82 jats made supreme sacrifice including my uncle Magey Ram Dudee. The names are on FAZILKA MEMORIAL.
    According Col Raj singh a jat & CO of the BN that was Proud movement for Jat regiment.

When COL HOSHIAR SINGH awarded PARAMVIR CHAKARA that was also finest hour

There are so many golden pages in history, & some are missing.
    We should write a true history of this great race.
    I have tried my best to write this in my book.
    France to Kargil- History of Indian Army.
    Shaheed Gorav Gatha.
    Jaihind