Thread: For Jat Bhai Studying in Australia:Guidance Needed

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

For Jat Bhai Studying in Australia:Guidance Needed

Dear Jats,
    I want to pursue a PG degree course in australia. I have following doubts. Please let me know if anyone of you can help me :
    1) What is the cost of living there?
    2) Will it work if I produce a certificate from the university that All my education was in English medium only. Can I avoid IELTS like this as time is less.
    3) Tentative dates for admission start
    4) Is IDP education academy reliable source of info and how much they charge from a person?
    5)Which courses are better for career in Australia.
    6) If anyone knows about Bank loans for further studies, please share, How to go for that and what at all is needed for the same.
    Please reply to this post or you can mail me at anilsangwan@yahoo.com
    Thanking you all,
    Anil Sangwan

OK Anil here are some answers which may help you and more information is available from DIMA website.

1. Cost of living is minimum A$12,000 per annum if you live in Sydney, Melbourne it may be marginally lower in smaller cities. But if you are a hard worker and don't mind doing odd jobs you can recover this cost and even save money like so many other students.

2. Usually the information supplied by agents e.g. IDP in India should be accurate enough but they have their own self interest at heart and they only get paid if you get admission through them. Don't allow them to accept courses which do not get you a decent job on completion.

3. You still have to take the English test and a letter from University will not be a ground for waiver. But if your English is good there is no problem.

4. Admissions are open most of the year and sessions start in February and July but February is better and if you have to do a bridging course then it is better to arrive early.

5. Regarding career the most in demand are Medicine, Dentistry,Law, Finance, Accounting, teaching and Health sciences including nursing.
    IT, Engineering (except electrical and civil now), Management, etc. should be avoided if you can help.

6. Don't think you can get a loan in Australia for studies unless you are an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident. You have to show the tuition fee for one year atleast in your account before you can apply for student visa.

Sanjay Deshwal will be able to help you better with immigration formalties and admission to various Universities. His website is;
    www.Deshwal.com.au

Feel free to ask any questions which you may have. Good luck.

Anil,
    Ask Sanjay Deshwal about PR(permanent residency) also.
    Best of luck
    Ishwar
    Understand = Under + Stand

Anil Ji,

In addition to what Shubha Chand ji told you, try the following website: www.immi.gov.au This is Australian Government website which answers each and every question raised by you.

As per my knowledge India now falls under category 3 w.e.f. November 2002; it means you have to show full course fee in your bank account at the time you seek Australian student visa. But the money should be in your account for the last three months.

With best wishes.

Ompati

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot All of you. Hope i shall be getting same valuable information in future too.
    Anil