Dear Mr. Dabas, I didn't question anybody's contribution to Jats and you don't have to mention your contribution to Jats to make your argument and justify your point of view. You chose to do so but that doesn't make it stronger. As far as contribution to Jats is concerened, I or my family or my relatives may or may not have done anything, so, I would refrain from spilling those beans. I don't think that is either a point of discussion or a criterion to discuss the issue at the core of this thread.

Non-competence is the wrong and illogical argument for reservation. That won't fly. Nothing ideal about it. That was never a basis and I don't think that SC/ST reservation is a proof that SC/ST are incompetent and other castes are smarter and competent. Reservation is about getting representation, getting a chance to participate, and share in the system.

What Jats should think is that the pie is already split and they also want part of it. And yes, they must get the part of the pie. However, Jats need to make the logical case based on the "criterion" the pie is being split. Jats have to show that they fit the criterion, and I believe that shouldn't be hard to make based on the history the self-styled upper caste have written---other than the lotere part of course.

Jats having the fear of getting labelled OBC to not participate is silly.