Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: digital camera

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Re

hahahahahahaha.....

waise you can go for double lens, because sometimes you want to cover a large area in picture but you cannt because ther is not much space to move back and cover maximum (this comes handy in crowded places).

Kodak V570 is one camera having this feature and I have used it. Its simply awesome in terms of results. It also has on camera digital filters (but wonnt suggest going for that if you are just an amateur)

~sandy

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

sony T5

i have sonyT5 n its awesome.mine is d best digicam in my class cos its ultrathin.one can carry it easily in pocket.also it has carl zeiss lens n 5.1 mega pixel resolution.d best thing abt dis is dat only d battery needs 2 b charged.

Quote Originally Posted by parity View Post

U all helped me in selecting a digi cam. Now i have the camera n need ur help in knowing some terms n deciding about the add ons. I know some but wanna know technically also :

5) Macro mode
    6) Red eye reduction
    7) SD card
    8) Multimedia memory card
    Difference in 7 & 8.
    Is the water proof cover really effective ? or shud i go for the normal cover ?

Camera- Canon Power Shot A 530
    Its really gud for a starter. 5 MP, 4x zoom, 1 hr video recording with voice (Acc to the frame), sound recording n much more

Thank u for ur time

I wonder whether you got a cam or not? Cuz so many sweet replies you got here in the end, you have not replied back which one you pick

Well now about your querry i believe Prashant bhai had beautifully explained about battery so i'll skip.

About Macro Mode cant get your point !!

About Red eye reduction
    Normally this feature in camera works during nights. When the photographer shoots the snap in night with the help of flashlights resulting in a red eye appearance of the eye on the photo.

How it happen ? If you shine a flashlights in the person's eye at night, you dont see any sort of reflection. The flash on the camera is bright enough however cause a reflection off of the retina of the eye is what you see red colour from the blood vessels nourishing the eye.

Now How camera works to reduce the Red Eye Reduction? As you might have notice in night when we take snaps the camera flash twice,once right before taken the snap and then again to actually take the snap. The first flash helps the people's pupil to contract reducing red eye, the other flash does the trick to turn on all the lights in the room which also contracts the pupils, thus it helps in reduction of RED EYE factor in the actual snap you had taken.

About Diff in SD and MMC card !!

As there is not much difference among the two but Secure Digital cards is always the user's best choice . As SD cards are faster in the speed compare to MMC cards it has got he capacity of being 4 times as fast as MMC.
    SD can transfer the data upto 10MB per sec where as MMC can transfer data at 2.5MB per second.
    SD got the write protection feature as it has a small switch on the side of card which has locked and unlocked setings. If you locked position then no one can write to the card and erase the data from the card where as MMC aint have such feature.
    SD card is more durable and resistant to electro static discharge than MMC.

About water proof cover really effective !!
    Try to avoid taking snaps in water there are specifically design camera's for under water and raining water photography available in market pls.

Also notice make sure your camera dont fall from your hands too. Service Support in India is vulnerable for such flashy cams. It costs your bill much than your expectation mind you !!

Humm so your choice is Canon A-530 !!

Good one dont get confused its a good piece for starter .
    As many people will recommend their own choice but the bottom line is too many to choose which one is the best ?? No one has the answer yet ..as the final Rule is if your Budget is very high you will get the slimmest, more mega pixels resultin good good quality of pixs ...on .. on ... on..

Start exploring your world now
    PLAY IT TILL YOUR FINGERS BLEED!!

Thanx Abhishek
    I mentioned it that i have the camera now n need help in deciding Add ons. Add ons can only be bought after having the Camera :D

Service support - I cant even avail the benefit of warranty as i bought it from Virginia so extra dhyan to rakhna padega :D

U very beautifully explained the diff between SD n MMC. Tell me 1 more thing, Is it possible to use a SD card in a cell phone ? I have Sony Ericsson K 750i, using 512 MB MMC, when i went for the hunt, shop keeper said cells only support MMCs.
    Yeah, Prashant explained very clearly but i am still confused about the use of these two. If i want to use camera portably then batteries & if doing some work indoor; lyk editing, transferring pics ; then adaptor, Adaptor is same as the cell phone charger. Aisa hi kuch hai kya ?
    I wanted to know wat exactly this Macro mode is ?
    Last edited by parity; December 18th, 2006 at 05:46 PM.
    Improve Instead Of Rejecting...

Hope the things are clear now!!

Tell me 1 more thing, Is it possible to use a SD card in a cell phone ? I have Sony Ericsson K 750i, using 512 MB MMC, when i went for the hunt, shop keeper said cells only support MMCs.
    Yeah, Prashant explained very clearly but i am still confused about the use of these two. If i want to use camera portably then batteries & if doing some work indoor; lyk editing, transferring pics ; then adaptor, Adaptor is same as the cell phone charger. Aisa hi kuch hai kya ?
    I wanted to know wat exactly this Macro mode is ?
    Secure Digital cards aka "Mini-SD cards" can be used in cell phones too.Humm i cant say about yur phone as I have never used any GSM phones in my life, it depends on the compatibility of slots available on the phones. Normally smart phones and PDA's got the options of SD cards as well as MMC cards.

Humm about the Adaptor bulls eye yep it is same as the cell charger. Hey you can see in your cam three I/O ports are available one to connect cam to TV set , second one is USB port to connect printer or scanner or computer and the last one is DC input jack for optional power supply through that you can charge your cell while editing, transferring snaps bla bla ....

Humm yeh Macro mode kya hai ...??? well cant say if I'm wrong as i am shooting the arrow in the air let see if it hits the target.

Macro Mode is somewhat related lens focusing range i believe so.

Macro mode is for clicking pics from a very close focus ranging from 2-10 cm. Its specially used for photographing flowers or insects or any other thing which you want to focus from very close..
    What if God was one of us...?

Thumbs up Thank u all

Thanx Abhishek n Prashant n everyone.
    now sab samajh aa gaya

Question

I think it wud be my last question :D
    Today i went to buy batteries n SD card, one more confusion arose

1) NiMH n NiCD ?
    2) If anyone can suggest me which brand i shud go for Batteries, charger n Memmory card ??
    3) Wud it be cheaper to buy these from USA ?? As I got the camera 5ooo bucks cheaper from there.

Thank u for tym

Wink last reply !!

I think it wud be my last question :D
    Hope so

1) NiMH
    2) Duracell, Energizer for batteries and Panasonic, Olympus, Delkin for cards
    3) Cant think of US for getting batteries and cards, India meain sabkuch milta hai ji vobhi saste dam par......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by aabhisheksirohi View Post
    Hope so

1) NiMH
    2) Duracell, Energizer for batteries and Panasonic, Olympus, Delkin for cards
    3) Cant think of US for getting batteries and cards, India meain sabkuch milta hai ji vobhi saste dam par......
    Na Abhishek wont let u guys live peacefully, it cant be ur last reply, i wud come with some new query :D :D :D
    A very gud studio n camera seller today told me that duracell doesnt manufacture NiMH batteries n chargers. He suggested me Camelion n Uniross.

Camelion charger with 4 batt of 2200 mAH for Rs 700
    Uniross charger with 4 batt of 2300 mAH for Rs 885

I am not a professional so big back up is not required so wat abt mAH, 1800 wud be fine kya ?

For SD card he suggested some MCC; 256 MB for Rs 1200
    I was planning for Sandisc, Transcend or Kingston...

Okay now i wud go for the labels u suggested

Whichever battery charger you buy, make sure it has 'automatic cut-off for excessive temperature and/or voltage' else you will have to keep on checking when your batteries are charged and there is danger of batteries getting overcharged..Don't go with Timer-based cut-off chargers.

Similarly, don't buy the 15 or 30 min chargers, they reduce the life of batteries..In my earlier post I had mentioned Sony charger which comes with 4 rechargeable batteries, try finding that if possible..worth the money and not too costly..I got it for 32$ from amazon.com

For SD card, buy atleast 1gig card with higher speed so that you can create Videos too..kingston, sandisk are good..Never heard the brand names which that shopkeeper is telling :rolleyes: might be some local brands though everything in US is also China made

NiMH batteries n chargers. He suggested me Camelion n Uniross.

Camelion charger with 4 batt of 2200 mAH for Rs 700
    Uniross charger with 4 batt of 2300 mAH for Rs 885

I am not a professional so big back up is not required so wat abt mAH, 1800 wud be fine kya ?

For SD card he suggested some MCC; 256 MB for Rs 1200
    I was planning for Sandisc, Transcend or Kingston...

You pls visit nearby SONY WORLD outlets and ask for NiMH batteries.
    Dont go here and there and take advice of very good studio and camera seller Camelon and Uniross brands are good and cost effective for proffesional studio photographers.Mind you 2300 mAH means 2300 MilliAmps for one hour. The total amount of energy a battery can store.The larger this number longer the battery life and the cost increases at same time.

Humm for SD cards Transcend is good choice but the price you mention is too much. There is lot of margin in this category so pls bargin as much as you can

Thumbs up

Thank u Prashant n Aabhishek

Handicam

Hi ,

Please tell me something about handicams..thier features which one is best..

cheers
    Jitender
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

Quote Originally Posted by jitender_singh View Post

Jitender
    Hi Jitender,

Since, I have not bought a handicam yet, can't tell you the experience but would suggest you to go for ones with 'Direct DVD writing' feature or 'Hard Disk writing' features. Don't buy 'Mini DV' Camcorders, they will be cheaper but going to be obsolete soon.

You can check detailed reviews of camcorders at http://www.dvspot.com/features/index.shtml and
    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

Plz do clear your ideas.

Mini DV is latest’s Hi-8 Tape going Out.

Never go for optical stoarge for critical movies,
    IInd with DVD editing movie is very-2 toughs....
    You can’t delete a shooted BAD shot( When i was in US I shooted some, clip of swimming pool, but later with rewind function I over write, on my Mini_DV camcorder).

And mini DV movie store as AVI form means no compression in future you can convert in required format.. that is not possible with DVD.
    Mini-Dv can store upto 1hour & 30 Minute recording.. on DVD its limited to 30 minutes. to store 2 hours recording you need 4 black DVD.. and handing DVD an another senstice job.... if any scratch on DVD mean all movie gone....
    Now DVD writing is sensitive burning process, any jerk(that is always there in camcorder) make its small life and any big Jerk .means you may visit to service shop.

and resolution for both is Same for DVD & mini DV..
    mini DV is small n form you can put on your shirt pocket(canon ZR500/600/700).

Now let talk about HDD, never go for any device that face lot jerks,, with HDD, HDD are sensitive to jerk(max. life 1-2 years, with jerks)& replace ment costly, camcorder price costly..high power consuming,,, means less running time.... On 30GB you can store 4Hours in AVI format(no compression) after that you have to copy on Desktop/laptop...and you have to compress to keep on your PC
    and after that you have to over write for next storing, means you can not have master copy with you.

30Gb hdd storing equl to 4Mini-DV..

cost of one blan mini DV---100Rs..
    No need to over write for further shooting just buy new.. and keep always master copy with you...

Any want more information talk to me Off Line...

Note: I used DVD & mini DV camcorders (not HDD based)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnauhwar21 View Post
    Hi Jitender,

Since, I have not bought a handicam yet, can't tell you the experience but would suggest you to go for ones with 'Direct DVD writing' feature or 'Hard Disk writing' features. Don't buy 'Mini DV' Camcorders, they will be cheaper but going to be obsolete soon.

You can check detailed reviews of camcorders at http://www.dvspot.com/features/index.shtml and
    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

Well Amar, that was good info. As I said I have not bought handycam yet so didnt have first hand experience. My assumption for mini-dv going obsolete was on the premise that its becoming cheaper day-by-day since the new technologies viz. DVD and HDD are coming. I haven't researched much on camcorders yet as don't feel a need for it but your inputs are helpful for those planning to buy..

Quote Originally Posted by babloo View Post

IInd with DVD editing movie is very-2 toughs....
    You can’t delete a shooted BAD shot( When i was in US I shooted some, clip of swimming pool, but later with rewind function I over write, on my Mini_DV camcorder).

And mini DV movie store as AVI form means no compression in future you can convert in required format.. that is not possible with DVD.
    Mini-Dv can store upto 1hour & 30 Minute recording.. on DVD its limited to 30 minutes. to store 2 hours recording you need 4 black DVD.. and handing DVD an another senstice job.... if any scratch on DVD mean all movie gone....
    Now DVD writing is sensitive burning process, any jerk(that is always there in camcorder) make its small life and any big Jerk .means you may visit to service shop.

and resolution for both is Same for DVD & mini DV..
    mini DV is small n form you can put on your shirt pocket(canon ZR500/600/700).

Note: I used DVD & mini DV camcorders (not HDD based)
    Nice explained !! Amar

But compression is possible and easy task in DVD than Mini DV as you can convert the required format to .VOB, Divix,Mpeg. Well now a days dual DVD are in market and it can store upto 4GB data. Third party software are available free on net to extract data from scratch DVD. Normally handycams are coming as Anti jerk technology. But yeah one need to care while shooting.

Humm resolution depends on the pixel lens!!

Quote Originally Posted by jitender_singh View Post
    Hi ,

cheers
    Jitender

Here are few handycams i can recommend from SONY.

For DVD --> DCR-DVD805E price near about 44k INR
    For Mini DV -->DCR-HC96E price near about 40k INR
    For HDD -->DCR-SR100E price near about 33K INR

Thanks a lot Amar,Prashant and Abhishek..

Cheers
    Jitender
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

bhia mere liya aak nhi tanne camera?

mre yaar batayi jaroor kunsa camera liya. tanne itni research karkai liya hoga tai kassoti hi cheej tohi hogi:D

ar ib bhi nhi liya tai bhai 'all the best' , koi nayi khoj karkai banana paddega
    My way or my way ?