Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Jats in Indian epics

Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb View Post
    I don't remember wether I said german as Jats though I do feel that germani may be a jat tribe of germans and mann heyer bullar schillar may have been the same clans as found in Indian Jats however this I didn't post here.

About Anatolia I don't say all are Jats I simply say that jats have a God similar to lord Shiva in discription.

I think you got me wrong.
    Yes,posibly i get you wrong .jats are in anatolia too ,more difuse in population or more concentrate in some regions.

I propose Simply IE Jats .

Not Aryan as the term does not represent any race and a later term than Jat.

As, had Jat been a later term to Aryan than we could have Jats only in indian area.

I think you are reffering to genetic studies when you trace origin to Western Himalayas but here the spread to west is much earlier than 1000 bc.

I read Iranian story of sahnama here the parthian king has three sons one rule parthia and iran second rule turan and India and third goes to anatolia ,some relate them to azats well thinking area of inhabitance may be a jat story.

i refer not only to the genetic study,but the name story. is someting older then 1000bc.I had refer to 3000BC,1000years earlier then schytians and not at the year 1000BC.
    The story you mention,must refer to Parthia(300 BC-220Ad).Parthian empire was spread from Anatolia to Pakistan.So the story must be real.Is also a letter in Iran museum ,send by king Decebal to king Pacorus in which he name Pacorus cousin,so they are relatives.I know only that parthians wear the so call massa getae-sarmatian clothes.This white clothes seem to be be very succesful as they are spread on so vast area even in France replacing the celtic clothes .

Some people might have claimed this but many more people associated Jat with Indo-Aryans and Indo-Schythian than with indigeous Indus valley people. Sikh Jats specifically take pride in associating with Europian tribes where Bharatpur Jat take pride associating with Yadavas, now people started taking pride by associating with Indus valley people. Looks like main thing is "taking pride" not the quest for truth. The fact that some elements of Indus valley culture are still pervalent doesnt imply that Jats are purely Indus valley people. There has been lots of intermixing.

Colonial scholars had passion of classifying people in classes, races, groups. I could see in tribe and castes survey books (in liberary in the campus) that different races of people are classified with different size, shape of head and noses. One guy even gave a fomulae that mean width of nose relates to the caste he belongs. Lets be careful in relying too much on anthopometry data when people have access to better technologies today.

By the way it will be helpful to see Imperial Gatetteer of British to see how the process of writing history and culture of India conducted...

http://dsal.uchicago.edu/reference/gazetteer/

-vinod

Note...no other group other than JATS in higher class was mentioned as the inhabitants of this civilization in british report submitted to ASI.

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks View Post
    Some people might have claimed this but many more people associated Jat with Indo-Aryans and Indo-Schythian than with indigeous Indus valley people. Sikh Jats specifically take pride in associating with Europian tribes where Bharatpur Jat take pride associating with Yadavas, now people started taking pride by associating with Indus valley people. Looks like main thing is "taking pride" not the quest for truth. The fact that some elements of Indus valley culture are still pervalent doesnt imply that Jats are purely Indus valley people. There has been lots of intermixing.

Colonial scholars had passion of classifying people in classes, races, groups. I could see in tribe and castes survey books (in liberary in the campus) that different races of people are classified with different size, shape of head and noses. One guy even gave a fomulae that mean width of nose relates to the caste he belongs. Lets be careful in relying too much on anthopometry data when people have access to better technologies today.

By the way it will be helpful to see Imperial Gatetteer of British to see how the process of writing history and culture of India conducted...

http://dsal.uchicago.edu/reference/gazetteer/

-vinod
    Hopeless .....
    Same old style of commenting without reading any argument for or against

Before starting any allegation you should first read argument than deny ,if it is not valid .

I still remember some of your earlier stands and emphatic denials than reading some book and making 180 degree or 90 degree turn whatever that was.

We are open to your suggestions and criticism as we all want truth but that at least should have some argument or base.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    My simple question to you is like Joon: who lived in this area where present Jats are living?

If you say Indus Valley people. Then again where had they come from and where have they gone now? And also where, when and at what time Aryan Invasion took place? If at all it did then where had gone those people, so called Aryans?

Jadunath Sircar says that among all the people of Indian Subcontinent, Jat has the best claim of Vedic Aryan descent.
    Last edited by sktewatia; November 18th, 2006 at 02:31 PM.

Login to view details.

Smile

No Jat (means caste), race and people of the world could establish its hold for such a long time, in such a wide spread fertile/best area of the world, as Jat (it means Jat, Jutt, got etc.) did.

Aur phir is Jat jati ke chidiyaghar me duniyan ki tamamm ruling dynasties(ke got) milte hain.
    Last edited by sktewatia; November 18th, 2006 at 02:34 PM.

Are you agree whit what wikipedia say abt jat.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jat
    Last edited by smeker; November 18th, 2006 at 01:03 AM.

The article, is quite well researched.

In brief, it concludes, that the modern State of Haryana, constituted
    the area of Kurukshetra since very ancient times and this area was
    where the vedic culture evolved.

Migrations were away from this area, both east and West.

The Indus( Sindu) valley is not too far off. the Sarsvati also flowed through Kurukshetra

The areas of Gandhar etc are alos discussed

From a jat perspective, we may take note of clan names, like
    Karaskara, Aratta, ( later Rat-hi)
    etc

List members may be interested in reading the article below:

Vishal Agarwal, "Is There Vedic Evidence for the Indo-Aryan
    Immigration to India?", Dialogue (Journal of Astha Bharati, New
    Delhi), vol. 8, No. 1, July-September 2006, pp. 122-145.

http://www.omilosmeleton.gr/english/...enceforAMT.pdf

Login to view details.
    One legend says that Jats are born from the daughters of Daksha Prajapati. He had three daughters: Diti, Aditi and Danu. Diti's sons were called Daityas or Assur, henece so many Assur gots are there in Jats like Jatasara (Jat Assur), Kadvasra (Kadv-Assur), Bains-assur/Bhainsassur (Sanskritised as Mahishassur of Indian Epics), Morasur, Narasur (of Mahabharta, Mor and Nahra Jats) etc. Aditi's sons were called Adityas/Devas can be compared with Vedic/post vedic Aryan stories, and present Deol got of Jats. Danu's sons were called Danavs modern Danes/scandinavians etc. They still are the tallest people of the world. Scandinavia also has been compared by many with skandh-nabh, meaning Sainikon ka Desh, the soldiers country.

These three are seen often at war with one another, in Indian epics, particularly Dev and Assurs (Adityas and Daityas), yet pauranic stories from time to time keep reminding that Dev and assurs though are enemies but originally are from same stock.

Kephart Kelvin mentions that Getic people dating back to 7700 BC were the ancestors of the nordic branch of Aryans who inhabit modern Scandinavia etc. today.

Indo-Jats seem to be dominated by Devas because epics are soft towards them and bit harsh towards Assurs. Modern Syrian area seems to be dominated originally by Assurs and hence its name Assyria. Further north europe Jats were dominated by Danu's sons Danavs. This seems to be inference after all.
    Last edited by sktewatia; November 18th, 2006 at 03:02 PM.

Jats and Aryans

Quote Originally Posted by ravichaudhary View Post
    The article, is quite well researched.

In brief, it concludes, that the modern State of Haryana, constituted
    the area of Kurukshetra since very ancient times and this area was
    where the vedic culture evolved.

Migrations were away from this area, both east and West.

The Indus( Sindu) valley is not too far off. the Sarsvati also flowed through Kurukshetra

The areas of Gandhar etc are alos discussed

From a jat perspective, we may take note of clan names, like
    Karaskara, Aratta, ( later Rat-hi)
    etc

List members may be interested in reading the article below:

Vishal Agarwal, "Is There Vedic Evidence for the Indo-Aryan
    Immigration to India?", Dialogue (Journal of Astha Bharati, New
    Delhi), vol. 8, No. 1, July-September 2006, pp. 122-145.

http://www.omilosmeleton.gr/english/...enceforAMT.pdf
    Ravi ji

This is a mere a mythical story about some ghandarv kanya urvashi termed apsara and indian pururava who learnt yagna and vedic dharma and than spread that in india all article is about his decendants one said they went from AFGHANISTAN to kuru lands and than kasi videhas ,other says that they went from punjab to kuru lands called kurukshetra not any city kurukshetra synonimous with it.

I wonder why we have this self degrading wish to join some groups who are very clear about us being not aryans..

Now please read article little seriously. and try to see what they have for JATS in their interpretation....

Quote ....

Much of ancient sanskrit and vedic literature consider people and region of central and western punjab as impure and outsiders ....

That is land of sapatasindhva or land of Jats than where were these vedic aryan Jats.

Article further makes it clear if some one is any doubt...

Quote..

BSD 49 first sutra 1.1.2.10 define Aryavarta or land arya west of Kalkvana (Allahbad) east of Adarsana point of sarswati diappers in to desert south of Himalayas and north of Vindayas ...

that is western Haryana total punjab sindh area of jat inhabitance has been excluded from possiblity of being aryans.

So can we be happy that gurgaon bhiwani atleast are included and may be aryan ...

Sorry further explanation makes it clear who are aryans in next sutra ...

Aryavarta is region of ganga yamuna doab area....

So almost comlete area of JATLAND according to priests are inhabited by non aryans as that is advised as outside the Aryavarta,and Jats are non aryan according to these texts.

So who are Aryans Pandey ji mishra ji saxena tiwari etc...etc..

Stll we may be adament than we have to assume that after puruva and urvashi story we lived first in allahbad mainpuri jhansi kanpur and later come to haryana and punjab ..

LOOKS CONVINCING???????

And what article say about people of Jatland JATS OF Souvira =punjab, Sindh.malwa Rajastha etc...
    These are mixed people and if any one visit these areas than one must take a bath...

Perphps Ravi ji missed it it is right in this article itself...

My suggestion was why are we having a wish to be included in a group of people who clearly say you are not among us.

It is a short of degrading ourselves by asking regonition from some one who wants to take a bath after visting your country.

I often write about the worst effect of this Vedic literature on the History of India and in particular about Jats which our own Jats fails to understand.

Now let me make it clear how...

This article is written by Vishal who people know represent one group that want vedic people to be identified as original indian and there by claimant to all heritage that belonged to India's original inhabitants as Jats.

Now if we take there version right than all problems arise in INDIAN history . HOWEVER IF WE ACCEPT THE TRUTH WHICH EVEN THESE VEDIC TEXTS SAY CLEARLY THAN HISTORY OF INDIA AND JATS IS VERY CLEAR LIKE A MIRROR.

Now if we take their version than problem comes ...

Why if people of kurukshetra were decendants of pururava and urvashi than how they become non aryan in next sutras..

Natural inference is there Kuru land is different...

Why people of souvira and sindu malwa are considered different because they followed a different religion unlike thier vedic.

Now if we take hindutava version as correct than from kuru to west punjab than to sindhu suvira we should see aryans but it is not than it means there route was diferent .
    There may be two routes one to Ghandar Parsia and Arrata and other to ganga jamuna basin clearly avoiding punjab and sindhusauvira regions it could be possible if they lived simewhere in kashmir intially for some time before moving one branch to gangayamuna doab area by kuru land of hastinapur and other to ghandara and parsia and arrata and indus valley and jatland of punjab was not accesible to them or they were not perffered over Shiva worship of jats and so callled him God of Anaryas.

I can clearly prove lacunae in Vishal theory that is so evident like this Arrata nation being in punjab funny...but that will be a wate of time as they have prejudiced approach ..

Let me clear this guy that Arrata was clearly mentioned in different texts along with sumerian texts as, lord of arrata and E..

It is clearly defined as a country of mountains and valley where lipus lezuli,and silver(check spelling)is extracted and traded ...

Now where are these sources in punjab and where are those montains area is
    properly identified with Jiroft area of iran and belochistan or helmund valley that fullfills these conditions and had later vedic influence...

Again most common natural reasoning is while describing movement in a particular direction we start with a place nearer and move away like towars east as kuru panchal ,kasi videha towards west ghandaras parsia arrata that make arrrata most wstern than arrata in punjab .
    And again if they moved east to kuru so it meant were living west of kurukshetra than how can you fit all nations arrata ghndara souvira in almost the same regions.
    I mean just for a mere wish of being related they want to make a mesh of interpretation and outsiders religion as of Sapthasindava region as impure now they also want to be called inhabitants of this area otherwise Jats may say that we were more advanced than your vedic rituals via Indus culture.

And if we don't fall for the lobbying of these Hindutava history destroyers history is very clear as .....

Vedic people came and settled in Ghandara region and uravashi was a ghndarv kanya that fall for native.

The original religion of India and its people is not vedic as till that episode they didnot know vedic rituals that are taught to him, ghandarvas who put this condition that if you learn this you will become one of us and can marry her,in short ask him for accepting that religion which he learnt via yagna.

Now arrival of vedic religion is very late as till than we find well developed kashi videhas identities that is very later period than ancient Indus valley civilzation..It is crystal clear.

Now after learning his decendants spread in eastern side via kuru hastinapur to ganga valley and on western side from afghanistan to parsia and kamran area that later witnesses zorastrian religion similar to vedic religion.

Indus valley Jats didn't acept this faith and are termed Anaryas or impure and others things.

all Jats historians know that sindhusouvira region is described as devoid of brahman priests who were sent later to this area may be during jaidarth or somebody else and is recorded as such in ancient sanskrit texts...

Now every scientific and literary evidence point out who we are but other group just want to claim if any was good in Indian heritage and leaving us in a confusion we have to see to such attempts and put our history ion proper contexts insead of being confused and fooled by them.

Just think if we accept their version(like aggrawal kalyanraman) than ...

Aryans vedics were architect of INDUS VALLEY PEOPLE

And Jats were not Aryan than it means....

We came from outside and conquered these regions from aryans people ...

But do you see any signh of invasion on aryan and replacement of native aryans .. .. a theory that even these hindutava gang fear to propose but mean the same.

But science says we are the people that lived here from the day one and all facts relate us to its civilzation ...

Let us not fall for a false auro created aropund vedas and aryan words and try to bring a true JAT history.

Ravi ji

Contrary to your suggestion I could not find any evidence in this article that Sarswati flowed through Haryana .

That karkasara and arrata were used for some people in fact they are the name of nations.

I also don't know some clan as Karkasara though there are karwasara Jats if you want to hint the some similarity of name but even than article does not relate them to either aryan or jats.

Quote Originally Posted by smeker View Post
    The story you mention,must refer to Parthia(300 BC-220Ad).Parthian empire was spread from Anatolia to Pakistan.So the story must be real.Is also a letter in Iran museum ,send by king Decebal to king Pacorus in which he name Pacorus cousin,so they are relatives.I know only that parthians wear the so call massa getae-sarmatian clothes.This white clothes seem to be be very succesful as they are spread on so vast area even in France replacing the celtic clothes .
    True I Reffered to parthians known as parthiar or parthva by indian texts.

Though parthian is a nativity term their rulers and aristocracy called them zats like sorana who defeated romans.

Rustam of Sahnama is identified with surena or soren zat and your refernce regarding decebal has further validated the sahnama story of all being zats and sons of same father.

Rustam came to India also and married an indian princess.

Well if you see history after christ jat area of indus had always been a bone of contention and part of diferent empires indian turanian iranian etc in different periods.

Quote Originally Posted by smeker View Post
    Are you agree whit what wikipedia say abt jat.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jat
    Soko

History Of JATS is like a mega hit film with many film roles wrapped in alumnium covers but with no name of film or director on them.

Some were identified by Arabs (from seventh century onward)some by britishers ( role in serindia and makran) etc...

So ,authentically we are claiming them only.

For the rest(like Indus Valley ) fight is on.....

I had read this article before it was posted here. I agree with Narender that group represented by Vishal Aggarwal is not a group whose profession is not true history but propaganda.
    Like Narender we should develop sound knowledge of Brahamanas, AB and BSS specifically, and understand the unbiased version of history. I dont know much about migration details in BSS but came across few instances in Sharma's "Republics of Ancient India" where it is claimed (with proper ref) that Videha(Videga) went to Mithila from Punjab following Himalaya foot hills, so did Kosala people. Lichhavi(Rskavi), Malla and Sakyas too were Aryan people from Punjab. Basically during Brahaman period monarchies had upper hand in Kuru Panchal land and freedom loving people went east to seek new frontiers(700-600BC). These people were named derogatrily in Manu's book and in Brahama literature. After some time people in Punjab itself established republic politics whose account is seen in Panini's and Greek historians' books. But these people are not mentioned to come anywhere else but punjab.

-vinod

Soko

History Of JATS is like a mega hit film with many film roles wrapped in alumnium covers but with no name of film or director on them.

Some were identified by Arabs (from seventh century onward)some by britishers ( role in serindia and makran) etc...

So ,authentically we are claiming them only.

For the rest(like Indus Valley ) fight is on.....

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks View Post
    I dont know much about migration details in BSS but came across few instances in Sharma's "Republics of Ancient India" where it is claimed (with proper ref) that Videha(Videga) went to Mithila from Punjab following Himalaya foot hills, so did Kosala people. Lichhavi(Rskavi), Malla and Sakyas too were Aryan people from Punjab. Basically during Brahaman period monarchies had upper hand in Kuru Panchal land and freedom loving people went east to seek new frontiers(700-600BC). These people were named derogatrily in Manu's book and in Brahama literature. After some time people in Punjab itself established republic politics whose account is seen in Panini's and Greek historians' books. But these people are not mentioned to come anywhere else but punjab.

-vinod
    Sharma's book is a must read.

Though he himself is more sympathetic to the Invasionist cause, his book is well documented, and depicts society as largely republican.

Monarchial systems, have received more notice,in history, in part as more literature exists about them. That gets to be self feeding.

Ravi Chaudhary

Narender,
    You should bring these points up for discussion with Vishal Agarwal... You could compile this and post in IndiaArcheology yahoogroup, which includes him and many other scholars who need to know more about Jat culture before talking about continuity of Sarawati civilisation in Haryana and punjab region...

-vinod

Ravi ji

This is a mere a mythical story about some ghandarv kanya urvashi termed apsara and indian pururava who learnt yagna and vedic dharma and than spread that in india all article is about his decendants one said they went from AFGHANISTAN to kuru lands and than kasi videhas ,other says that they went from punjab to kuru lands called kurukshetra not any city kurukshetra synonimous with it.

I wonder why we have this self degrading wish to join some groups who are very clear about us being not aryans..

Now please read article little seriously. and try to see what they have for JATS in their interpretation....

Quote ....

Much of ancient sanskrit and vedic literature consider people and region of central and western punjab as impure and outsiders ....

That is land of sapatasindhva or land of Jats than where were these vedic aryan Jats.

Quote..

BSD 49 first sutra 1.1.2.10 define Aryavarta or land arya west of Kalkvana (Allahbad) east of Adarsana point of sarswati diappers in to desert south of Himalayas and north of Vindayas ...

that is western Haryana total punjab sindh area of jat inhabitance has been excluded from possiblity of being aryans.

So can we be happy that gurgaon bhiwani atleast are included and may be aryan ...

So almost comlete area of JATLAND according to priests are inhabited by non aryans as that is advised as outside the Aryavarta,and Jats are non aryan according to these texts.

Stll we may be adament than we have to assume that after puruva and urvashi story we lived first in allahbad mainpuri jhansi kanpur and later come to haryana and punjab ..

LOOKS CONVINCING???????

And what article say about people of Jatland JATS OF Souvira =punjab, Sindh.malwa Rajastha etc...
    These are mixed people and if any one visit these areas than one must take a bath...

My suggestion was why are we having a wish to be included in a group of people who clearly say you are not among us.

It is a short of degrading ourselves by asking regonition from some one who wants to take a bath after visting your country.

Ravi ji

Quote ....

Quote..

LOOKS CONVINCING???????

Narendra

The whole point is that it is a mythical story.

Myths usually have a kernel ot truth.

Our task is to discover that kernel.

The article makes the main point about people going east or west, that gives an indication of what the text , composed along time ago then said.

Since that is the only evidence for migration, east or west, the translation becomes important, as does the issue of whether it was correctly recorded in the original text, or was the original text modified?

I have the same issue, as to translations of ancient texts, as to how they are translated ,and from whose perspective they are translated.

We do not have to accept , what was written, as the gospel truth, especially as opinions go.

Stay open

Best regards

Ravi.