Thread: Windows XP & Firefox 2

Question Windows XP & Firefox 2

I use Windows XP service pack 2. Its a very gud OS but now a days i am facing a problem.
    I av set the screen resolution at 1024 x 768 pixels. But whenever i start using Firefox 2 the screen resolution get reduced to 800 x 600 pixels. And i need to set it again in display. Firefox 2 is compatible with my OS.
    Plz tell me is it a mere coincidence or Firefox has some role ? Is there any way through which i can lock the screen resolution ?
    Improve Instead Of Rejecting...

Change the default browser resolution settings!!

Quote Originally Posted by parity View Post
    I av set the screen resolution at 1024 x 768 pixels. But whenever i start using Firefox 2 the screen resolution get reduced to 800 x 600 pixels. And i need to set it again in display. Firefox 2 is compatible with my OS.
    Simple !!

It is because default resolution for any browser settings is 800 x 600 pixels and you have not change the settings to 1024 x 768 pixels during installation of browser in your pc.Also ensure all the plugins are installed.
    PLAY IT TILL YOUR FINGERS BLEED!!

Question Thanx

Thanx for ansewring
    But i have used Opera,Crazy n earlier version of Firefox n right now i am using Avant browser. i never did this resolution setting. this is the first time i am getting this problem.
    Any way out now ?

Best one to use is Netscape Navigator!

Quote Originally Posted by parity View Post
    i never did this resolution setting. this is the first time i am getting this problem.
    Any way out now ?
    When we tried to installed the new Browser it takes by default the resolution settings of PC so it does not required to change the browser resolution settings,for example Internet Explorer.

Avant,Opera have got similar engines with respect to IE so it does take resolution settings of PC.Hence we dont required to adjust the resolution settings again n again.

Where as in case of FireFox we need to select the resolution settings during installation,it wont take PC resolution settings by default and you have not change during installation dats why you are facing crises.

About Crazy browser i have never used it.
    PLAY IT TILL YOUR FINGERS BLEED!!

Thanx abhishek. now its working fine, i changed the properties settings