Thread: Active X

Question Active X

On some email sites, when i try to attach a file i get the Active X installation warning like on Lycos. When i tried to install i got many versions on software downloading sites. Would anybody please tell me wat exactly is this Active X ? n which version i should download so that i can easily use new Yahoo n upload files on Lycos ?
    Improve Instead Of Rejecting...

Request to Editor

Mr Editor,
    please delete this thread as no respon
    se here :D
    Last edited by parity; November 25th, 2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: to add colors, font style n emoticon

Smile

Sukarma,

I assume that you are not a techie so pls don't install any Active X from net unless you are well aware about that.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Smile Thank You

Thank u Vijay,
    Finally some response for this thread :D
    Vaise i av installed Active X from Lycos as it is a very good n reliable site internationally.
    But still thanx a lot

No request for deletion of threads in Techtalk atleast..

Quote Originally Posted by parity View Post
    On some email sites, when i try to attach a file i get the Active X installation warning like on Lycos. When i tried to install i got many versions on software downloading sites. Would anybody please tell me wat exactly is this Active X ? n which version i should download so that i can easily use new Yahoo n upload files on Lycos ?
    Active-X is basically a Microsoft based technology used on the internet to make interactive web pages that look and behave like computer programs, rather than static pages. This technology is a combination of (OLE) Object Linking and Embedding) and (COM) Component Object Model.

In your case as you refer Lycos and you face warning of Active-X installation Here Active-X helps to enables sound, Java applets and animations to be integrated in a Web page.

Hope you know the role of Active -X in a Web Page !!
    PLAY IT TILL YOUR FINGERS BLEED!!

Thumbs up

Finally u answered
    I was wondering where u av gone, as almost all the tech threads get ur response n this 1 was pending
    Yeah i understood now the role of Active X
    Thank u

Not gone anywhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by parity View Post
    Finally u answered
    I was wondering where u av gone, as almost all the tech threads get ur response n this 1 was pending
    Yeah i understood now the role of Active X
    Thank u
    Yeah.. i waz too late to reply thought someone will reply you shortly...!!
    PLAY IT TILL YOUR FINGERS BLEED!!