Thread: Old Thread are now Auto-locked

Old Thread are now Auto-locked

Hi

Old threads (where the latest post is older than 60 days) are now closed for posting. If you wish to refer to an older thread, paste the link to that thread in a new post...

Nitin

Nitin,
    I have a request. Could we know logic behind it?
    Also if possible could we have a poll to know public opinion.

-Vinod
    Last edited by vinodks; January 16th, 2007 at 09:25 PM.
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks View Post
    Nitin,
    I have a request. Could we know logic behind it?
    -Vinod
    The test is 2 months from the latest post, not the earliest. If a topic has not been discussed for over 2 months, it often loses its context, and the original participants are no longer following it. If the topic is consistently pertinent, it will remain active/open. A similar policy is followed by many boards.

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks View Post
    Nitin,
    Also if possible could we have a poll to know public opinion.
    -Vinod
    It is a simple administrative decision, so there is no need for a poll.

Btw, if there is a really old thread that you just have to reply to, please let one of the mods know. They can unlock it for you.

Smile

Nitin Sir,

I think 60 days is not a gud time to respond as sometimes we search and find a gud thread which needs attention again. In my personal views time limit must be at least one year to lock/close a thread.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Nitin....shouldn't it be implied to Current Affairs section only? Rest you must have reviewed the Consequences of implying it so it must be appropriate.
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Nitin

I think you didn't think about history section at all.

Some times it takes months to gather evidence regarding some events and when one return with some evidences the thread may be locked.

One may find it difficult to relate to all arguments by quoting a link and History section can't have so many threads as current affair or general talk,So it will be better if this step is not applied to history section.

People are just ignorant about History oF Jats and there is a need to spread awareness about It ,We should encourage all people to know about it and hence any restriction or hinderance via copy right may be detrimental to our own interests.

Red face

ham te store me e jyada badey rhyaa karte!
    old is gold:D
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

ISHTORE mai baddan tai koye na naatey...bas Jat arr Telli aalyan jjisey saudey kadh-kadh kai torture na kar saktey.... arr mai to ibbe STORE mai paddi su
    Quote Originally Posted by deeps View Post
    ham te store me e jyada badey rhyaa karte!
    old is gold:D
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    arr mai to ibbe STORE mai paddi su
    Sunita, tu ke jaale todde sei store mein? :eek:
    Arr sunn bat sirf Jat,Telli aali na hai......eeb to cycle ki ghanti bhi ghani e be baaj li..:p :rolleyes:
    I think 60 days for last post is a little time.......but anyway its upto you mods

Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb View Post
    Nitin

I think you didn't think about history section at all.

Some times it takes months to gather evidence regarding some events and when one return with some evidences the thread may be locked.

One may find it difficult to relate to all arguments by quoting a link and History section can't have so many threads as current affair or general talk,So it will be better if this step is not applied to history section.

People are just ignorant about History oF Jats and there is a need to spread awareness about It ,We should encourage all people to know about it and hence any restriction or hinderance via copy right may be detrimental to our own interests.
    Narender, think you might be right on this. We'll exclude the history forum from the auto locking. I've also unlocked all history threads since June 2006.

We've also increased the time limit on the other forums to 90 days. Lets see if we need to change settings after 3 months...

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

selective

i think only current affairs, general talk shoulod be included in this. in other section like history mauj masti and humour etc one might like to bring addition to the old stuff