Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What are Jats

God

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia View Post
    there is no god, no soul, is my personal opinion. even Bhagat said so. Indulging in such questions is wastage of time. please follow the middle path like Budha. He was asked several times, this question but replied neither in negative or positive.
    Bahi saheb I would go with your opinion. God is a matter of belief, whose existance has not been proved all there millenia humanity has thrived on the earth.

More important question is human conduct and values so that "shrishti" continues to survive.
    - In the ordinary course of nature thousands upon thousands are born every day, but he alone is truly born whose birth leads to the elevation of his race.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    even Lala Hardayal thought so. He has written a nice book "Hints for Self Culture" by Jaico Publication in Delhi. Its wonderful and worth reading.

but this shuddhodhan putra was really too great.

all jat emperors like ajatshatru, asoka, kanishka, harsha.. had to pass thru the footsteps of this great man

Soka, what I quoted earlier "Thade rahiyo o banke yaar re" is a famous old hindi movie song in India. It means "Be firm on your stand, O my unusual friend!". Regarding resemblence with gypsies I feel all basic words in Eurasia are same. For example I'm comparing English words with hindi words

Eye-Annkh
    nose-naak
    mouth-munh
    hand-hath
    paw-paon
    character-chariter
    mother-matri-mata
    father-pitri-pita
    brother-biraderi

etc.
    Last edited by sktewatia; May 29th, 2007 at 06:29 PM.

Jat - a great riddle !

Well, finding true history of a community which is thriving on the planet from tens of thousands of years, if not lakhs or millions, is a complex task. Many facts do not need proof. Sampuran ji has said above that God's existence has not been proved. I say that God does exist and there is ample proof of His existence. Each individual has the right to express opinion but we have to adopt some consensus on certain facts. Some of us even do not agree that Pandavas and Shri Krishna were Jats and that our community was part of all the four Varnas - according to the profession followed by an individual.

Puzzled by the Jat riddle, I only write a two-liner :

धरती, आसमान, चाँद सितारे सब कुछ है भगवान की माया ।
    ये "जाट" है किस बला का नाम, मैं अब तक समझ न पाया ॥

For reading pleasure, please see my thread Jat Ramayan (General Talk forum)
    Last edited by dndeswal; May 30th, 2007 at 11:17 AM.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by bls31 View Post
    Even in UP River Jumna divides the Jats ( Parway) .Even we ,the Jats of Kasimpur,are diffrent from those of village Bawali about a few Km away.
    I am from Chaprauli, first village that comes when you cross Yamuna from Smalkha, My grandfather's best friend is from a village near Smalkha but honestly i havent seen any difference besides language, but here on jatland i came accross this difference.

May be just that it being an online portal, we all try to show are supremacy over others forgetting we all belong to same cast/creed/clan or whatever.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Login to view details.
    We never created Brahman, Kshatriya, Vaishya, Sudra etc. Its true really. And difficult question comes again that way if we try to categorise the Jat/(zatt, so called caste) of Krishna. He was super yogi means a Brahmin par excellence. He was a good fighter to the extent when even Arjun could not kill Bhishma he personally got down from Rath and was prepared to kill Bhishma, he was a super driver also, Charioter, he was again a gwal bal, nomad a charwaha, shanti-doot peace broker, peasants leader against the tyrant ruler Kamsa etc. etc.

Jats created Jats only like Deswal, Tewatia, Kharab, Gujar, Heer..etc. only. There was no specific profession/unch/neech among them.

Rama burnt jungles. to make people civilised from junglee life. He was in no way chakravarty/imperialist. His own sons just after a few miles caught his aswamedh yagya ghoda. He himself handed over Lanka empire to Vibhishan and Mathura empire to Shatrughna. That means He was in no way interseted in imperialism but to propagate some noble culture/agriculture.

Jat always practiced agriculture and was interested in its propagation. Eating non-veg not only brings the curse of the animals whom you kill but its otherwise also harmful to your body (it raises your blood pressure etc.) However, Swami Dayananda, teaches general public through his geometric progression benefits about cow slaughter but above two points are also true.

Regarding Jats caste till today no one can categorise them. They perform yagna etc. themselves and many of them became high priests in Arya Samaj, Sikhism, Budhism, Jainism....etc.

They are abundantly found at border and in past also made good soldiers. They were good emperors also, they are peasants means vaisya etc. and often described in history as Sudra rulers! so where is this Brahman, Kshatriya, Vaisya, Sudra in Jats?
    Last edited by sktewatia; May 29th, 2007 at 06:26 PM.

Login to view details.
    we have to adopt some consensus on certain facts.

I hope right now its aarakshan in India, where some consensus is required by Jats. Neither me nor my generation needs it. But I feel a common Jat needs it. Whether Jat is too fool or too intelligent again remains a puzzle

Login to view details.
    Jab tuck sooraj chand rahega, ye Jat Bhagwan ko hi dhoondhta rahega aur bhagwan inhen Rajasthan ke jaton me milega.
    Last edited by sktewatia; May 31st, 2007 at 10:32 AM.

[SIZE=3]
    Jab tuck sooraj chand rahega, ye Jat Bhagwan ko hi dhoondhta rahega aur bhagwan inhen Rajasthan ke jaton me milega.
    Couldnt really get this one?
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Login to view details.
    Jat himself is called Devta-Jutt Devta. Even Dev Samhita describes them "These (Jat) people are like Gods with their firm vows in their hands".

I appreciate Rajasthan Jats in this regard that they took very practical concrete decision and not only that got it implemented also by coming in OBC, a few years back.
    Last edited by sktewatia; May 31st, 2007 at 10:37 AM.

Login to view details.
    Though not to be under-estimated, Jat had rich philosophical knowledge also (Indian philiosophy) recognised till today top in world.

Good environment and surplus food in north-western Indian sub continent gave Jat enough time and opportunity not only to build powerful armies but to ponder upon meta-physics also. This was further improved as he moved towards east along Ganges. Once upon a time there were as many as 62 sects in Bihar including Budhism and Jainism.

Wisdom of Jat lies in the fact that he knew the hierarchy of these needs. Like health comes first even if we go for yoga, similarly, Jat did go for scientific and philosophical research when his other needs were satisfied.
    Last edited by sktewatia; May 31st, 2007 at 10:42 AM.

will it be for Soka Norman to tell what Lake Meotis were whom Herodotus mentions. Here in India aksar some Hassan Khan Mewati/Meoti appears on the side of hindus including rana pratap and others and at the same time some nahar appears who's concerened about problems of Meo Chaudharies. and again Chhotu Ram is there who started to be called as Chhotu Khan.

Ties between Jats and Meos seems to much older. Lake Meoti's are mentioned by Herodotus along with Getae. I do recall one Ramanad, later Aditya Vesh, who faught election from Mewat with unprecedented victory.
    savescu go mad:eek:
    he want to declare this year ,the year of Tomiris,queen of massa-getae
    lake meotis ,the place of massagetae.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomyris
    Last edited by smeker; June 12th, 2007 at 04:21 PM.

Login to view details.
    Simple funda...

Where everything fails... jat prevails!!

Baat khatam

Dear Sir
    I believe that any group with common aspirations, common ethnocity, common culture and habits, common language and common inhabited area [common attitude?]can be classified as a group. Like Jats. Within these groups are subgroups who differ a little from the parent group but are still part of the main group.

The sub group develops due to geographical just like the example you have given of Yamuna and trans yamuna or could be due to historical, even financial or political reasons.There will be differences between any two individuals of the same group and sometimes there cud be similarities which are more common to other main groups than the mother group.

About the individual traits which you have mentioned. ..The individual traits are directly proportional to the environment [of up bringing, of values].Like no two fingerprints are akin, nor any two individuals howsoever similar. Maybe you have stereotyped the image of a jat in your mind that is why you find the differences mind boggling.

Jats have been always federalsitic and democratic in their outlook. Each individual holds his opinion, each village acts independant. This approach has its benefits like ....no one is interested what happens out of his village but this is also the very reason for the jats downfall especially in political terms, there was no unity to sustain jat rule over a longer period of time.

The only issue i feel which united the Jats was agriculture. Due to the love of the land the jats have converted to other religions also like Muslim Jats in Pakistan

Login to view details.

Dear Mr.Chahal

It is very distressing to know that Religion is being associated with the Whole clan and identity of being a JAT.

Why cant we accept the fact that we are a ethinic community where religion is second place You are talking about hinduism but does anyone actually Know the whole definition of hinduism as far as I know it is a religion that was based on old Vedic religion where the beliefs were amalgmated and this came out as a religious practice as for Idol worship I have only recently seen Temples in Haryana and even now it is the Small or big temples of the Village patron Saint (Dada Bhaian) in our case who is more important than a temple with Idols and a pujari, you would know this I presume. also in most of these small temples I am et to see a Idol. We wash the place, Light a lamp and leave grains and Parsad for the birds and animals.

Can you now tell me our religion. a very important Hindu north Indian day of Carva Chauth has only been very recently adopted by Jats.

WE ARE AN ETHINIC GROUP LIKE THE PATHANS, KURDS ETC AND IT WOULD BE VERY WRONG TO ASSIGN JATS TO A PARTICULAR RELIGION.

Without written clear records it is very difficult to say where we came from but I can say one thing I AM PROUD TO BE A JAT and not worried about my religion.

Login to view details.
    Are Not We Human Beings First?

We are like ethnic groups like the Pathans, kurds etc

I agree to Vishals view that we are somewhat like Pathans etc. Pathans have one religion Islam though , but Jats are divided into Hindu, Muslim and Sikh. Like Pathans have Pakhtunwali [The way of the Pakhtuns]we have a similar unwriiten code of conduct which we are expected to follow. Like the pakhtunwali is given precedence over Islam by Pathans, similarly Jats have conducted themselves many a times . Jat First, religion later.

More than the religious divide is the language difference. The Punjabi is spoken in Pakistani and Indian Punjab while the Hindu Jats speak totally different language Jatki/ Haryanavi.There seems to be very less similarity between the two languages. How and why this happenned no one knows.

Also i feel we keep saying about jats glory in the ancient times but what happenned in the medieval period?? There is no mention of jats even in derogatory terms ?? Why so ? This is all the more perplexing since Jats and sub castes like Gujar/Ahir have always inhabited land surrounding the capital, whether Agra or Delhi. They were not converted to islam probabily due the feeling of muslims to be superior .Nor did they ever rebel against the muslims. Why? In later Mughals time when the mughals became weak the jats again rose and estabilished kingdoms.

Also i feel it is the Hindu Jats who lack behind in progress than the Muslim and Sikh jats . This was i believe because of lack of religious leadership and also the fertlity of land, since Malwa, Doaba etc are more fertile.Religion was always treated secondary by us. I feel that this maybe the reason that the Hindu Jats disrespect of authority other than which is his own or presumed to be in his favour. They feel it is humilating to submit to anyone.I feel we need to develop the Jat religion as it would make us learn discipline and respect of authority, so that in future we can take the place which is rightfully ours, otherwise i foresee that the jats will be lost in the huge amalgamation of various races.

regards.....Arun
    Quote Originally Posted by romy View Post
    It is very distressing to know that Religion is being associated with the Whole clan and identity of being a JAT.

Why cant we accept the fact that we are a ethinic community where religion is second place You are talking about hinduism but does anyone actually Know the whole definition of hinduism as far as I know it is a religion that was based on old Vedic religion where the beliefs were amalgmated and this came out as a religious practice as for Idol worship I have only recently seen Temples in Haryana and even now it is the Small or big temples of the Village patron Saint (Dada Bhaian) in our case who is more important than a temple with Idols and a pujari, you would know this I presume. also in most of these small temples I am et to see a Idol. We wash the place, Light a lamp and leave grains and Parsad for the birds and animals.

Can you now tell me our religion. a very important Hindu north Indian day of Carva Chauth has only been very recently adopted by Jats.

WE ARE AN ETHINIC GROUP LIKE THE PATHANS, KURDS ETC AND IT WOULD BE VERY WRONG TO ASSIGN JATS TO A PARTICULAR RELIGION.

Without written clear records it is very difficult to say where we came from but I can say one thing I AM PROUD TO BE A JAT and not worried about my religion.

for many ,the religion is more important then ethnicity.
    you gona observ this in the near future.

Smile

Ethnicity is the way we think what we were and what were our roots ( where from we belong ) ........

But this NextGen just thinks practically...... inspite of all the odds..... kudos

Welcome to the New Earth ...... but Jupiter seeks intellectuals ........

choice is all yours
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.