Thread: S/W required to download movie from handicam

S/W required to download movie from handicam

Ram Ram Bhai o,

I have a Sony handycam , when i convert the recorded movie into PC, it is only for 10 min recording because it used AVI format and this format takes 3 GB disk space for 10 min clip

so pls suggest if any other software there so i can create a complete movie in one shot

AVI on PC require 9-12GB for one hour.
    Use AVI to MPEG converter..
    Take care when using converter availabe format"VCD, SVCD or DVD"
    Need help, sned me PM,

Thanks
    Ajay

Quote Originally Posted by mukul_baliyan View Post
    Ram Ram Bhai o,

I have a Sony handycam , when i convert the recorded movie into PC, it is only for 10 min recording because it used AVI format and this format takes 3 GB disk space for 10 min clip

so pls suggest if any other software there so i can create a complete movie in one shot
    --Ajay--
    "Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none"

Try using XP movie maker. works fine with me. 1 hour for under 700 megs

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

use

Hi Mukul;

You can use DV cable to transfer videos. I have canon and use firewire cable/DV interface, I think it works with Sony as well and it would transfer the whole video and doesn't eat up much space as well.

Nidhi

Quote Originally Posted by mukul_baliyan View Post
    Ram Ram Bhai o,

I use Pinnacle Studio to capture using Firewire in AVI format on my PC. Normally it takes 13GB for 1 hour. Then I use TMPGENC3.0 Express to decode this to any format VCD, DVD, DivX or anything...The decoding takes around 12 hours but quality is amazing even for VCD. It's working like a dream for me!
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

cable if just interface...
    All tape(Analog,Hi-8 or miniDV) store data in AVI format..
    one need to convert that into compress format(meand MPEG)..

And if any body want to edit video, do before converting to MPEG.
    i used/using BOILSOFT.. good one it gives you lot of option...
    crack is also available on net...

Quote Originally Posted by nidhijethoo View Post
    Hi Mukul;

You can use DV cable to transfer videos. I have canon and use firewire cable/DV interface, I think it works with Sony as well and it would transfer the whole video and doesn't eat up much space as well.

Nidhi
    --Ajay--
    "Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none"