Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Reservation of JAT's in Haryana.

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    tewatia ji u are irritaing the ppl here and later on u are provoking them to quote. It's not fair :p.ur comments have been proved major heart burn for the ppl...plz stop it now otherwise it is likely that u will be banned here for lifetime..it does not sound better to reveal the personal practises adhered by some person..better to make use of ur oxford dictionary as i m working hard too :D
    Salah to aachi di sai aapne..........per koi mane jab na........
    Any how.........good luck
    Yoginder Gulia

Quote Originally Posted by skadian123 View Post

Personal criticism - Habit of only a few (Just ignore them)

It is really unfortunate to have people amongst us who are in the habit of getting personal in their criticism. They are the ones who are responsible for killing a healthy discussion and debate. As Kabir said "Bura jo dekhan main chala Bura na Milya koi;. Jo apna dil jhankya; Mujhsa bura na koi". Yes if one is ashamed then one SHOULD BE ASHAMED of himself or herself but CERTAINLY not because of people to whom the cause of their community is close to their hearts.

These so called enlightened individuals sit in their plush offices and homes thinking that the world is hunky dory outside. They are just concerned about themselves - 'If I am ok, the world is ok', 'what will my friends/colleagues/acquantances call me if I belong to a community which is in the OBC list',etc etc.

I am sure there are only two frogs or at the most, only a handful of frogs in the well who will make lot of noise but the voice of reason and practicality will one day sooner than later, prevail. It's become kind of fashionable to portray yourself as anti-reservation these days without understanding the ground situation (of the community) and without seeing the broader picture of the benefits accruing to the community through reservation.
    better to make use of ur oxford dictionary as i m working hard too :D
    This thread has been merely a show-off of intellectuality and proficiency in english:p.......Ppl are being crazy here...na to lath baaz jaaga eibb.....boxing

PS: Tewatia ji, aapki pepsi aur kitkat deliever kar di courier tai...bas maada sa sabr karo:D
    @prashant
    these three posts r especially for u...tell me wat r u doin' in abv. post ...btw wo courier abhi tak nahi aaya, neither u gave me the AWB no.
    :p:D
    i appreciate yr hidden sense of humor, but its imperative...at least sumtimes to express openly
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 25th, 2008 at 09:45 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    @prashant
    these three posts r especially for u...tell me wat r u doin' in abv. post ...btw wo courier abhi tak nahi aaya, neither u gave me the AWB no. :p:D
    i appreciate yr hidden sense of humor, but its imperative...at least sumtimes to express openly
    No comments on the topic of the thread to strecth it further bcz i guess Mr. Hooda and u have said enough in the favour of reservation. Moreover, Anil bhai and party were not even a bit behind to convince ppl about the drawbacks of it. Though i take pride that at least Haryana and Punjab's jats don't enjoy OBC status:p and often i say to my other castes fellows that we(jats of UP,Delhi nad Rajasthan) grabbed reservation to take advantage as other martial castes are doing in these states but jats of Haryana and Punjab dominate in the whole country in alll spheres. But it is high time to strip out this false pride:tamatar and reservation is necessary for all of us in the present context

PS : mainne aapka AWB miss kar diya..... i guess courier companies are not doing their job efficiently:p..par shaayd pahuch bhi jaaye abhi aap thoda aur sabar kar lo
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Reservation, a reality to contend with

Prashant bhai,

First of all, good to know that you have been able to comprehend the reasoning behind the principle and need for reservation for Jats. As far as show of intellectualism and proficiency in English language is concerned, I am sure Tewatiaji would agree with me, there are many more forums/places where the same can be flaunted if at all that is the intention.

The prime reason for me to be a member of this site is to discuss and work upon causes concerning our community. As far as friendships and acquantances are concerned, there are numerous friendship sites of which you can become a member. Having said that, I would also like to thank Jatland which gave me an opportunity to interact with and know some of the most wonderful people and that too from my own community.

We as a community have a long way to go on the path to upliftment and development and that can only be covered by following the principle which at least I believe in for my community and which is 'ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL'...

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    Last edited by skadian123; June 26th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.

Smile :)

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080627/main5.htm

With an eye on upcoming elections in tribal and backward castes dominated states by the year-end, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs and the Cabinet today cleared a proposal to tap this “valuable” vote bank by including other backward classes (OBCs) in the backlog vacancy scheme that was originally meant for the SC/ST only. The proposal paves the way for a special drive to recruit people belonging to the OBCs for over 28,000 reserved posts in government departments.

With this the government decided to clear the backlog of vacancies through an official order. The backlog of vacancies on reserved posts were earlier filled through special recruitment drives for SCs and STs, but with today’s decision the scheme was now being extended to the OBCs. In addition, the government has earmarked additional funds for education to SC/ST girls in certain specified regions.
    The backlog of vacancies to be filled will be treated as a separate and distinct group not subject to the limit of 50 per cent reservation in a year, said minister of state for PMO Prithviraj Chavan after the meeting.
    The centrally sponsored scheme approved today includes incentive to girls for secondary education entailing a total expenditure of Rs 1,500 crore during the 11th plan.
    The scheme to be made operative from 2008-09 would help promote the enrolment of SC/ST girls in secondary schools and reduce dropout rate at secondary and higher secondary stages.
    The minister said in a Supreme Court order in 1997 it was ruled that the quota of reserved seats could not exceed 50 per cent of the total seats being filled.
    However, Parliament through the 81st amendment to the Constitution had made an exception to this principle enabling the government to fill accumulated vacancies from previous years through special recruitment drives for SCs and STs, this scheme was now being extended to OBCs, the minister said.
    The CCEA has decided to provide 100 per cent central assistance to state governments and union territories besides central and other universities for construction and extension of hostels for ST girls.
    However, in Union Territories and Naxal affected states, certain specified districts would be eligible for 100 per cent central assistance, adding that central universities would be eligible for 90 per cent financial assistance. The scheme was expected to increase the literacy rate of ST students, including those belonging to primitive tribal groups, the minister said. The CCEA has also decided to continue the scheme to provide grant in aid to voluntary organisations working for the welfare of STs.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080627/main5.htm

With an eye on upcoming elections in tribal and backward castes dominated states by the year-end, .

Wonder they can recover what they have lost because of 11.42 % inflation by this ?

Sorry for an off topic comment!

bhai wahe baat sain ak "andhi pisse kutte kha" .aur cast ke log reservation ka phayada utthae to theek jatt ki baari to galat sain . better education honi chahiye achhi baat sain . par aajkal ye better education bahut mahengi ho gai hain ek aam kissan aapne bachcho ko ye dhila nahi sakta. ye reservation unn aam kissan ke liye hain.
    bhaio eb to ya reservation "PG" courses m bi lagu kardi, rok deo issne. better education courses m bi aarakshan , agar ye course karne sain to aarakshan ki jarurat paregi.

Let us think about it....

There are different opinions of individuals regarding the reservation...but one thing I would like to mention here that.. If in any society people are not getting true representation in the system at local and national level there should be provisions of reservation to provide the same (when such system already exists and there is nothing wrong in it). Therefore we need to think whether Jats in Haryana are getting it or not.... I think in Haryana at least in government job, Jats have more than sufficient representation due to the prevalence of Jat CM in past 10-12 years….

Login to view details.

This is hilarious!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/H...ow/3173620.cms

Buoyed by its success in pushing through a quota for OBC students in higher education, the government has now ordered IITs to introduce - with "immediate effect" - quotas in the teaching faculty for scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and OBCs.

IIT directors, not surprisingly, were livid with the decision, though none of the four TOI spoke to were willing to go on record. The high quality of IIT faculty has built the institution into a globally respected brand. Said an IIT-Delhi professor: "It is hard to imagine that even teachers will now use the caste flag to get in."

The government diktat dated June 9, which has been sent to all the IITs, lays down 15% quota for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% quota for OBCs in teaching positions. IITs currently have reservations for backward category candidates for
    administrative posts - from attendants to the level of deputy registrar. However, there is no reservation for faculty members in these premier technological institutes.

The order signed by Seema Raj, director of technical in the HRD ministry, read, "I am directed to say that the matter relating to reservation of SC, ST, OBC categories in recruitment to teaching (faculty) posts in the IITs was considered in the second meeting of the SCIC (Standing Committee of IIT Council) held on 11/2/2008. The recommendations made by the SCIC have been accepted by the chairman of (the) IIT Council. Accordingly, it has been decided to implement reservation for SC, ST, OBC, in recruitment to teaching (faculty) posts in IITs with immediate effect."

For subjects in science and technology, posts will be reserved for lecturers and assistant professors. In areas like management, social and humanities, reservations will be applicable up to the professor level. The ministry allows IITs to dereserve the posts after a year, if they do not get filled "despite all efforts".

Insiders feel that merit, on which brand IIT rests, would be shaken by the decision of the government.

The order specifies that in departments dealing with science and technology subjects, "reservation shall be applied to the extent possible at the school or broad branch of engineering, at least, if not at the individual department level."

The IIT directors TOI contacted, who were yet to convey the order to their faculty members, said they are shocked by the decision.

"Some of the finest people have given up top positions and fat cheques that were offered to them in other parts of the world to come and teach in the IITs, despite the low pay scale that the government offers. With reservation in faculty positions, I see a day, not far from now, when the IITs will crumble," said one director.

Another director said that there had been no bias against hiring backward category candidates to teaching positions if they were found meritorious. "Till now, if a backward category candidate was found on par with another candidate, the former was given preference, but reservation will change the atmosphere on campus," said the director.

All directors agreed that such reservations for faculty posts would mar the quality of education at the institutes.
    The lecturer’s post in the IITs is a contractual one and the basic salary is Rs 10,000 per month. Usually, fresh PhD candidates are taken in at this level.

If their services are found satisfactory, they are promoted to assistant professor and get onto the permanent rolls of the IITs. But now, almost half the posts - 49.5% to be precise - will be reserved at both these levels.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/H...ow/3173620.cms

The government diktat dated June 9, which has been sent to all the IITs, lays down 15% quota for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% quota for OBCs in teaching positions. IITs currently have reservations for backward category candidates for
    administrative posts - from attendants to the level of deputy registrar. However, there is no reservation for faculty members in these premier technological institutes.

The order signed by Seema Raj, director of technical in the HRD ministry, read, "I am directed to say that the matter relating to reservation of SC, ST, OBC categories in recruitment to teaching (faculty) posts in the IITs was considered in the second meeting of the SCIC (Standing Committee of IIT Council) held on 11/2/2008. The recommendations made by the SCIC have been accepted by the chairman of (the) IIT Council. Accordingly, it has been decided to implement reservation for SC, ST, OBC, in recruitment to teaching (faculty) posts in IITs with immediate effect."
    Bhai Anil eb tahin ek aadha Rocket apne upgrah ne le ke aasmaan main chor aaya kerta India ka .. ib Saare ke saare arab sagar main pedya karein-ge .....

Missile chhodya karenge Pakistan pe .... wa ud ke .... lanka main ja ke pedya kare-gi er ped jya dilli pe-bi .... wo Suna hai na "Jisa Guru usa e Chella"

te ib ise Guru ji Pedhaawein-ge te .. ise e Mehaan scientist benaa kareinge .....

Computer main prograame bera ne kisa banega ..... aaj tahin bahar te naukri mil jyaan sain ... pher te ... ye bhi CV le ke lime main laagya kareinge ...... jise baaki saare engineer laage hain ..... er ise e Civil Engineer Paakeinge ........ ke bera Fly over er baddi baddi building kisi aade faddi baningi ....
    Sanjeet Ahlawat
    "Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas." - Marie Curie
    +91 9873485784
    ----
    :p:D

Smile दोगुनी हो सकती है ओबीसी क्रीमी लेयर की आय स

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com...ow/3180896.cms

नई दिल्ली : ओबीसी रिजर्वेशन के दायरे का और अधिक विस्तार करने के कदम के रूप में क्रीमी लेयर की अधिकतम आय सीमा को दोगुना किया जा सकता है। पिछड़ा वर्ग राष्ट्रीय आयोग ( एनसीबीसी ) इस संबंध में मंगलवार को केंद्रीय सामाजिक न्याय एवं सशक्तिकरण मंत्री मीरा कुमार को अपनी रिपोर्ट पेश करने जा रहा है।

एनसीबीसी के सचिव लक्ष्मी चंद ने बताया, 'नई सीलिंग के बारे में हम अपनी सिफारिश मंगलावर को पेश कर देंगे। इससे पहले आयोग के सदस्य सीलिंग की नई रकम के बारे में अंतिम फैसला करेंगे।'

आयोग के सूत्रों ने बताया कि एनसीबीसी ने अपनी मूल्यांकन रिपोर्ट पेश कर दी है और सीलिंग ढाई लाख से बढ़ा कर सालाना पांच लाख रुपये किए जाने की संभावना है।

पहली सीलिंग 1993 में एक लाख रुपये तय की गई थी। चीज़ों के दाम बढ़ने और ओबीसी की आय बढ़ने से सीलिंग की रकम बढ़ाए जाने की मांग लंबे समय से हो रही थी। क्रीमी लेयर में आने वाले ओबीसी के लोग नौकरी और प्रफेशनल कोर्सेज के लिए रिजर्वेशन के लाभ का दावा नहीं कर सकते हैं।

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeetsparp View Post
    Bhai Anil eb tahin ek aadha Rocket apne upgrah ne le ke aasmaan main chor aaya kerta India ka .. ib Saare ke saare arab sagar main pedya karein-ge .....

Missile chhodya karenge Pakistan pe .... wa ud ke .... lanka main ja ke pedya kare-gi er ped jya dilli pe-bi .... wo Suna hai na "Jisa Guru usa e Chella"

te ib ise Guru ji Pedhaawein-ge te .. ise e Mehaan scientist benaa kareinge .....

Computer main prograame bera ne kisa banega ..... aaj tahin bahar te naukri mil jyaan sain ... pher te ... ye bhi CV le ke lime main laagya kareinge ...... jise baaki saare engineer laage hain ..... er ise e Civil Engineer Paakeinge ........ ke bera Fly over er baddi baddi building kisi aade faddi baningi ....
    Sanjeet bhai , u picked sarcasm for this but as one of my friends pointed it out :
    A student who is not selected through merit can destroy his future,
    but a professor not selected through merit can destroy
    the future of all his students.

This is simply not acceptable.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com...ow/3180896.cms

नई दिल्ली : ओबीसी रिजर्वेशन के दायरे का और अधिक विस्तार करने के कदम के रूप में क्रीमी लेयर की अधिकतम आय सीमा को दोगुना किया जा सकता है। पिछड़ा वर्ग राष्ट्रीय आयोग ( एनसीबीसी ) इस संबंध में मंगलवार को केंद्रीय सामाजिक न्याय एवं सशक्तिकरण मंत्री मीरा कुमार को अपनी रिपोर्ट पेश करने जा रहा है।

एनसीबीसी के सचिव लक्ष्मी चंद ने बताया, 'नई सीलिंग के बारे में हम अपनी सिफारिश मंगलावर को पेश कर देंगे। इससे पहले आयोग के सदस्य सीलिंग की नई रकम के बारे में अंतिम फैसला करेंगे।'

आयोग के सूत्रों ने बताया कि एनसीबीसी ने अपनी मूल्यांकन रिपोर्ट पेश कर दी है और सीलिंग ढाई लाख से बढ़ा कर सालाना पांच लाख रुपये किए जाने की संभावना है।

पहली सीलिंग 1993 में एक लाख रुपये तय की गई थी। चीज़ों के दाम बढ़ने और ओबीसी की आय बढ़ने से सीलिंग की रकम बढ़ाए जाने की मांग लंबे समय से हो रही थी। क्रीमी लेयर में आने वाले ओबीसी के लोग नौकरी और प्रफेशनल कोर्सेज के लिए रिजर्वेशन के लाभ का दावा नहीं कर सकते हैं।
    wooh and someone earning 5 lacs per annum needs reservation ?
    Joke for me!!!

2/3rd ( even if one pays the entire tax) of 5lacs is 3.33 lacs and that converts to 27 k per month and is it too less ?

If that is the case again i say one should look at need not greed !

Although the only positive thing that will come out of this is that quality of the intake will not be diminished because the potential candidates would be quality but i am afraid , all those thinking that the reservation will help the "needy" as defined by them will not take place at all. It will help the not needy because they have the resources and also the reservation.

PMT Haryana

College
    BD Sharma
    Number of MBBS Seats 150(15% Reserved for CBSE)
    Remained 128
    ForGen 64
    For Yadavs 64 + 14 = 78

College
    Agroha
    Number of MBBS Seats 50
    Remained 50
    ForGen 25
    For Yadavs 25 + 5 = 30

DENTAL
    College
    Rohtak
    Number of Dental Seats 60(15% Reserved for CBSE)
    Remained 51
    ForGen 25
    For Yadavs 25 + 5 = 30

DENTAL
    College
    Privates
    Number of Dental Seats 700(60% thru this test)
    Remained 420
    ForGen 210
    For Yadavs 210 + 46 = 256

Total Candidates Yadavs %Age
    7595 449 6%

Out of first 70 BCBs - 35 are Yadavs - Means 50%

MBBS Rohtak Benefit 5 Sure + 3 Might be
    MBBS Agroha Benefit 2 Sure + 1 Might be
    Dental Rohtak 2 Sure + 2 might be
    Private Dental 11 Sure + 11 Might be

For details see the attachment ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MBBS_YAd.GIF 
Views:	8 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	2875  

Perhaps who is going through this discussion all will make out the following:

1) Many discrepancies are there in the current reservation system.

a) Like initially it was for 15 years and less percentage. It goes on increasing and that is not good logically or morally.

b) SC also provide judgement of 50% and now creamy layer is going to increase. If not even then the present system is unacceptable.

Now people here are divided in two parts ... One against Jat reservation and others in support of it.

Still both or most of them are in favour of change in the present system.

Both sides are saying that they will get it done. So now its the time to do something.

People in favour of Jat reservation in Haryana

Keep posting what efforts you are doing. Its action time. No need to discuss its pros cons now as it is not going to have any affect.

People in favour to change the present reservation/ against Jat reservation

Here some people who are opposing are putting stress on action and not mere discussions. So its high time for them.

Come on do something to eradicate the discrepancies in reservation system and keep posting here.

So better to put efforts and share with all fellow members.

Alarming statistics - Jats losing out because of not taking reservation benefits

Jitender, Thanks for bringing out the statistics on admission in professional courses. In fact the figures are alarmingly blunt but not surprising.

We all know that our pond has limited fish. If we let other communities fish in it, we would not have sufficient fish to feed our own community. Hence, with limited number of seats, its really sad to know how easily we are letting go the seats which could have easily gone to Jat students with a little help with reservation. And this has been happening for so many years now.

This is just one facet presented by Jitender where the community is losing out as against the other communities vying for limited resources. There are many more aspects. What happens when we have exceptionally bright Jat candidate, qualified enough to fight and win elections from his constituency and do something for the upliftment of his people as well as people of other communities of his area. Still he cannot because the seat is a reserved category seat and would go uncontested to a lower caste undeserving candidate.

Its time to wake up to reality and come out of our jhoothi shaan. I have still not received replies to a few simple questions that I had put forward earlier. Just to quote a few - where does the Shaan of the custodians of Jat pride go when in Rajasthan, Jats plough the fields of Meenas who have moved up the ladder financially because of reservation. What happens to that shaan when Jat constables (after getting the job with heavy ISHWAT)salute the same very Meenas who become IPS on the basis of reservation. What have the Yadavs as a community lost by taking the benefits of reservation. They are still a proud, powerful and influential community in the entire northern India even after coming under the OBC Category relatively long time back...
    Last edited by skadian123; July 10th, 2008 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raka View Post
    baki inn angreja ka pachhe samaj aawe gi kyuki ye Ac ki hawa kha ke thande ho liye.... Ch.Chhoturam aali baat sain inke muuh me silley pani ke chhabke mar ke jagane padenge ye....
    rakesh bhai...in anti-reservationiston ko liquid CO2 ya liquid nitrogen ke cryogenic containers mein band kar do...seele paani ke chhabke maaran tae kuchh na huay...inhein cryogenic storage tanks mein band kar do...i mean freeze them biologically nd take them out after 10 years. :p:D

Quote Originally Posted by ranjitjat View Post
    Now 99% jats are with us.
    We will get reservation now.
    time of unity and positive action now.
    Support. Justice Devi Singh Tevatia
    and COL- OP. Sindhu.
    Com Hawa Singh Sangwan.
    Col Harpat Singh and 28 Jat maha sabhas

dudee uncle carry on the gud work...the rewards r in the offing...its just a matter of time...ham aap ke saath hein

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    i'm against any damn reservation....sab barabar hone chahiye....kise me damm se to leo admission...byont hona chahiye dam dikhan ka..
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    kal ko aur bhi communities awaaz uthaengi......ki jaton ko mila to humko kyun nahi...

fer aur bhi jaatian inculde ho jayengi.....OBC...OBC me bheed ho jayegi..
    aur ye viscous circle chalta rahega....aur ye baat bhi sahi kahi ki........"jab reservation band to ho sakta nahi, kitne e paan peet lyo...." hanga sai to "band karwa ke dikhao" (agar kuchh kar ke dikhana hai to ye reservation hi band karwao...(at least dont b against reservation for jats)...janpath ya ramlila ground mein jaa kae paan peeto...ak yaa reservation nae kathi jad tae khatam karo.

aur ye Band nahi ho sakta "wo ek sabse badi samasya hai".....jo ab la ilaaz ho chuki hai...(is la-ilaaj samasyaa ka hi to samadhaan dhoondna hai...refer my below post, posted earlier)
    bhai sat...pls. b apprised tht no one is in favour for reservation on caste basis...i'm also against any damn reservation...but if exists then y not for jats...or at least have them for those who desperately need it...kaun kehta hai ki aap reservation ka faayada uthao...mat uthao...but at least let the needy one's have it. haryana ke jats ko OBC status dilli se pehle mil jaana chahiye tha...delhi jats r far btr economically then haryana jats...anyway, its n'vr too late. maine pehle bhi main thread mein likha tha, the same has been reciprocated by mr. sunil kadian...refer below posts...

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    i n'vr advocated tht m in favour of reservation on caste basis...i guess no one else out here has advocated tht...so folks stop quoting this.

anil bhai...this is not a joke, neither it is illogical, in fact let this happen, nd mind u this is not short sightedness (or myopia :p ...watever u call it)...if every one frm all different castes tht u've tried to mention, stand up to hv their claim in/on reservation...i wud say this wud b the best thing to happen, in the interest of all...may b then the politicians will decide to stop this crap forever...i mean reservations, quotas etc etc etc nd bla bla bla :D:rolleyes::p
    Quote Originally Posted by skadian123 View Post
    Its time we start living in the real world. Reservation is here to stay indefinitely. The sooner we realise it, the better it is for the community.

My only advice or suggestion to the anti-Jat reservationists is - Agar actual mein anti-reservationist ho aur kucch kar sakte ho toh wipe out reservation completely but before that give a time-frame by when you can wipe it out because Time will not wait for my community.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; July 11th, 2008 at 11:23 AM.