Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Reservation of JAT's in Haryana.

I favour reservation...... but on socio-economic basis

Caste-based reservation does only one thing perfect - divide society
    Last edited by desijat; June 18th, 2008 at 11:37 PM.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    First of all thanks for providing some different view ....

Example ..... Yadavs are the main beneficiaries of BC quota because their students are more hard working than the others ones. So same case will be with Jats if they got included .... now in OBC the student coming from same strata of we medium family jats despite having less pecentage/marks gets the seats .... what will go wrong if the same seat will be taken by a student of same kind of family of jat?

Hope now your this concern is answered .... that this action of ours will not affect all class but only those students will not get seat who will have less percentage than our students. Please reply.
    Bhai , although i dont think that yadav students are hard working than jats or there is an universal generalisation as such but i cant prove it. What i can say with surity is that mere reservation cannot make someone hardworking , infact it can sometime tone down the spirit. Well in n e case thats not relevant to discussion.

You identified the wrong thats going on correctly , absolutely agree with you on this. ( the text highlighed in bold )! And that is exactly what is happening. [[ I can say that Being a part of the one of the most elite institutions in india and seen people who have come only on reservation basis really putting up a sorry figure!]]

Now replying to your question of what will go wrong: Short term: The jat students will feel satisfied as some of our near ones will get through.
    Long term , tomorrow , some other caste which does not want to be in general category and feels the same as we are feeling today will take up the issue and will be added to the OBC quota! And mind you there are plenty of castes and plenty of people there!
    Their argument would be as perfect as yours is today that they only wnat to marginalise those jat students that are less intellectual than their guys.

If one or two bigger caste get through this , the competition that a jat student faces today while competing through the general category ( and i guess some of the jats do come through OBC in some states) will be similar when one or two castes are added. In some time the role of the general and the reserved class will be reversed.
    And how are we forgetting that there are plenty and i mean it , plenty of people , students , good students , marginalised students , students who are very good and only need a small push , just that lil bit , waiting in the ranks of general category caste as well.

Its more aproblem of numbers , it would have been all too simple if we are talking about 1 million may be.There we could have distributed things more easily. But talking about 1.12 billion people.

May be i am wrong in my calculations and may be your points and further calrifications can satisfy me , but i am not at all convinved! How could just getting into a small % of reserved category help our caste this great deal.

Very naively , it is a free option for sure. In very technical terms , it is always better to have an option , so i totally agree this is going to benefit , but realistically , our free option is someone's liability.

I am a firm believer in the law of averages ( sorry for being mathematical here ) but how come without actually increasing the resources , one can produce a benefit for one while not creating a negative benefit for some one else.
    In very simple terms , if we all believe that reservation is gonna help ( and mind you i am now supposing that its gonna help only very little). If you leverage this action enough , you can create great succeses , cant you ?

Lets do it for all castes then , means just by an simple thing of reservation , we can make a highly developed and successful India !
    Joke or something?
    Completely Illogical to me!

Please note : Neither i am against Jats , nor I am against development of our community.

===============

Was writing something but then something very urgent popped up and the thoughts were lost. Sorry for that , so had to conclude. Will take part when more posts come up.
    Last edited by anilsinghd; June 18th, 2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Reason mentioned at the end of the post.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    I favour reservation...... but on socio-economic basis

Caste-based reservation does only one thing perfect - devide society

Divide was what he meant and i second him on that.

I would like all those who are saying ki if everyone's getting it then we shud as well ! Come on , dont be that short sighted!

And please get over the caste bias. We must pride our culture and traditions but not think of others as inferior.

There aint any room for superiority complex or caste based things to get into our minds! think hard , think again!

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya View Post
    andher nagri chaupat raja...hum kyun juttam-juttan ho rhe saan.

iske bawajuud bhi mein ye kahungga ki jis ki jitani capacity hei uss hisaab se jutt jaein aur apni kaum ko uppar utthhaein..........i am per say not in fevour of reservation but if that be the need of the hour...please get it because i wish our people well ,PAR SACHAI YE HEI KI RESERVATION CAN NEVER BE THE SOLUTION TO OUR REAL PROBLEMS..............please-2 do not fight amongest ourselves....respect the views of each other.....life is too short.bless!
    dev bhaisaheb, i fail to understand y ppl r so focussed to quote juttam-juttan or fighting or respect views or dis-respect views, in any conversation? the purpose of any thread is put forward yr. viewpoint, there is no-intention wat-so-ever frm anyone to start a fight...some one put forth his/her viewpoint, i dont agree...i put forth my points...he doesn't agree !!!
    so wat??? ... we r still a part of discussion. in this context i rpt my words once again "different ppl hv different tastes nd outluk's" we r all not genetically cloned to hv similar thoughts, hence the difference.
    i rpt my words, wch i've said in one of the threads earlier...
    "the views expressed above is my personal opinion, if anyone does'nt like tht, then u hv the option to carry on. nd if u hv a point to say, then say it here on this platform...while doing so, remember to stay away frm any personal givings/takings...also remember, by putting yr. opinion u've just become a part of the discussion, nuthing more".

as the title of the thread says..."challenge" so take my views as challenge...convince me or get convinced. :rolleyes:
    m still waiting anil to answer to my post 4
    3, wch he is tryin' to duck !!! well...enuff said...i guess its his prerogative, to answer or not to...
    ...if he doesn't at least i wud believe his submission to my views !!!
    :p:rolleyes:

Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 19th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Now replying to your question of what will go wrong: Short term: The jat students will feel satisfied as some of our near ones will get through.
    Long term , tomorrow , some other caste which does not want to be in general category and feels the same as we are feeling today will take up the issue and will be added to the OBC quota! And mind you there are plenty of castes and plenty of people there!
    Their argument would be as perfect as yours is today that they only wnat to marginalise those jat students that are less intellectual than their guys.

If one or two bigger caste get through this , the competition that a jat student faces today while competing through the general category ( and i guess some of the jats do come through OBC in some states) will be similar when one or two castes are added. In some time the role of the general and the reserved class will be reversed.
    And how are we forgetting that there are plenty and i mean it , plenty of people , students , good students , marginalised students , students who are very good and only need a small push , just that lil bit , waiting in the ranks of general category caste as well.

Lets do it for all castes then , means just by an simple thing of reservation , we can make a highly developed and successful India !
    Joke or something?
    I would like all those who are saying ki if everyone's getting it then we shud as well ! Come on , dont be that short sighted!

And please get over the caste bias. We must pride our culture and traditions but not think of others as inferior.
    i n'vr advocated tht m in favour of reservation on caste basis...i guess no one else out here has advocated tht...so folks stop quoting this.

anil bhai...this is not a joke, neither it is illogical, in fact let this happen, nd mind u this is not short sightedness (or myopia :p ...watever u call it)...if every one frm all different castes tht u've tried to mention, stand up to hv their claim in/on reservation...i wud say this wud b the best thing to happen, in the interest of all...may b then the politicians will decide to stop this crap forever...i mean reservations, quotas etc etc etc nd bla bla bla :D:rolleyes::p

Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 19th, 2008 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya View Post
    andher nagri chaupat raja...hum kyun juttam-juttan ho rhe saan.

iss desh mein badtamizzi chalti hei.shedule casts ko resrvation diya..thheek tha wo uss waqt oppressed thhe........huwa kya...musse ko mil gi halddi ki ganthh pansaari ho liya..and they were backed up by power hungry politicians because ye sab calculation ka game hei....sc comprise 35% of the total vote bank....now all sc IAS and his/here whole family enjoys that nasty previledge........what a shame and what an ugly face of justice......in that light i must say.........we must kick these politicians and get the reservation ......why not agar loot machi hei tou kyun nahin loot ka hissa banno..........iss desh mein koi logic nahin chalta....yahan dhheengga masti chalti hei.....badtameezzi ka bolbala hei..........hamare logon nei iss desh ke liye bahut kurbaniyan di hein aur hamm se jyada shecular kaum aur koi nahin hei lekin humko hamesha badnaam kiya gaya...katgharre mein khadda kiya gaya..........hammari apni kamiyan ho sakti hein jo hamein hurt kar rahi hein lekin hamare logon ke saath anyay to huwa hei.....it is an honest submission......

iske bawajuud bhi mein ye kahungga ki jis ki jitani capacity hei uss hisaab se jutt jaein aur apni kaum ko uppar utthhaein..........i am per say not in fevour of reservation but if that be the need of the hour...please get it because i wish our people well ,PAR SACHAI YE HEI KI RESERVATION CAN NEVER BE THE SOLUTION TO OUR REAL PROBLEMS..............please-2 do not fight amongest ourselves....respect the views of each other.....life is too short.bless!
    There you go Dev Ji. I knew that you know about the society more than me and you are very right that in this ander nagri .... there is no point of opposing some benefit that is going to happen to our secular community who dont know to get the work done with bent finger like punjabis and others who can earn money making fool of others.

I remember one punjabi used to come to our village in 80s and he was selling clothes. He used to keep his gathri and anaj and everything in one of our houses. He used to cut throats by selling that cloth of high rates and our people/ladies used to give him plenty of anaj. He then started taking bheins from people around village .... he used to sell that on high rates and give money many months later .... this way he became rich. Our people that time were true at heart and now also many are like this only. Ab kuch ye kahenge ki ye to koe jaruri nahi .... aap to generalise kar rahe ho .... haan mein manta hun ki samae ke sath bahut se jat bhi tej/cunning ho gae hein lekin phir bhi bahut theek hein.

Aur jab sari duniya ughadi hoe hande se ... to humne bhi itna NAAK KA BAAL NA BANANA CHAHIYE ....

Dev ji, I know you where you are talking .... ye reservation koe jadu ki pudia nahi hai ... lekin aap jaise logon ke sath aur margdarshan ki bhi jarurat rahegi inko. Lekin ye bhi nahi hai ki isse jaruratmand jaton ko faeda nahi hoga. Iss andher nagri mein humein apni iss secular community ke uthan ke liye dono cheejon ki jarurat hai ...

1) Reservation
    2) Enlightment by the learned people like you and Navin who are trying to give back to the community by their educated moves. Making them aware of what is right and what is wrong. Helping them to come our of darkness of illusion, hatred among themselves, jua-sharab, dahej aur bahut sari kuritiyon se jo inko jakadti ja rahi hein.

Divide was what he meant and i second him on that.

There aint any room for superiority complex or caste based things to get into our minds! think hard , think again!
    Come on Anil ... let us get over the caste basis .... religion basis .... geographical boudaries basis .... why to lay lives of innocent soldiers on borders ... why to oppose china ... its all human kind ... they are also human ... if they will rule sikkim and arunachal ... .and pakistan rule kashmir ... what is wrong in this .... we should think in terms of humanity always. Vasudhaev kutumbkam .... tyag hi jeevan hai ....

Manney iss baat mein koe pride na deekhti ek wa delhi mein admission len aali chori isne chod deti .... er sooki pride leke bsc medical side kar leti ....

My opinion about your caste thing is that ....

1) We never should have any criminal attitude towards other castes ... let them live ... we will never rule them ....
    2) Bhaichara banae rakho .... kisse ne galat mat kaho ... koe choti jati (halanki aaj ke samaj mein aisa kuch nahi hai) ka hai to usko sirf isliye tiraskrit mat karo ki wo uss jati ka hai ...
    3) Respect some learned people out of them
    4) Let them go to any religious places .... let them study anywhere on basis of their kabliyat ... also let people from our community marry them if they are mutually in love.
    5) BUT I will say that doing all this we should keep in mind our own community's good .... we should fight for us ... we are not snatching anything from other ... we are asking for more secular treatment to our community owing to the scnerio that nobody availing these posts is less statuswise than us. By raising voice for reservation we are only quoting for us ... we know our fellow community members will be benefitted ... in my view its not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Oh my God...... Jitender ji you left me speechless. anyway I ll try to answer. First of all,,, I would like to make it clear that I am against all types of reservation,,,, not against of Jat reservation only,,, Nor does it affects me status wise...if it can be helpful fr some. When Jat reservation is there in Delhi n other states... then i don think that Haryana jats are more high esteemed nt to be considered in reservation.
    My concern only is that even after reservation fr jats... it ll hardly reach to the kind of ppl yu mentioned ....clerk or teacher wards,,,, mostly it ll be grabbed by those who can do otherwise also.
    For your first para .... your thoughts are welcome ... yes ... this is the only core of this discussion. We are only discussing these things in terms of going for jats reservation in haryana also. So it means that for this you also feel ok?
    Madam, you are right that a percentage might be taken by others but am sure that it will light up many jats houses of people belonging to this category ... clerks and teachers ... kam se kam harek saal rohtak pmt mein ee 10 balak isse parivaran te aa jyange .... 20-30 bahar faeda ho jyaga ... jaise ki maine example mein bataya tha ki wo family to sudhar gae na .... so this much is more for me in such environment. Also one more thing is there that if jats would be included other will also raise their voice and this way reservation ke khilaf aur aawajein uthengi aur kabhi na kabhi sudhar ki kiran dikhae degi. We all want no reservation or reservation for us too.

Aur Neelam ji, ab sirf baat jats ke shamil hone ya na hone ki hai kripya dhyan dein .... ye hum sabhi ek mat hein ki reservation aachi cheej nahi ... pata nahi kitne bina jarurat ke insan isse le rahe hein aur kitne jarurat mand baithe hein.

Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Reservation if any should be on economic criteria..... per is desh mein wahan bhi dhandhli hogi... gareeb bechara jise pata hi nahin hoga... ya fir jiski sunwai hi koi nahin karega reh jaega... aur paise wale .. low economic status dikha k fir se faayda uthayenge. They always leave scope in policies, terms n conditions,, so that one can manipulate. It doesnt make any sense to me that a son/daughter of an IAS officer ( or in case any high profile officer) gets the benefit of reservation just because he belongs to a SC/ST or BC/OBC category. And this is wat happening in most of the reservation cases, same ll happen in case of Jats.
    I would say there should be no reservation ... neither on economic criteria.

Give people of less economical background

1) FREE EDUCATION TILL GRADUATION
    2) FREE HOSTELS OR LIBRARIES IF THEY FIND BAD ENVIRONMENT AT HOME FOR STUDIES
    3) FREE FORM FILLINGS FOR THEM
    4) FREE CLOTHING/FOOD
    5) FREE COACHING CLASSES

After all this ....
    THERE SHOULD BE NO RESERVATION FOR
    1) ENTERANCE EXAMS
    2) RELAXATION FOR QUALIFYING MARKS
    3) PROMOTION
    4) NAUKRI

This way only we can have quality people on higher posts and this way only country will grow.

But here these things are of no discussion ... as this cant be acheived in present scenerio. Only thing can be acheived is maximum castes in reserved categories ... this way this reservation will go void anyhow ... which is what everyone wants? isnt it?

Bhai , although i dont think that yadav students are hard working than jats or there is an universal generalisation as such but i cant prove it. What i can say with surity is that mere reservation cannot make someone hardworking , infact it can sometime tone down the spirit. Well in n e case thats not relevant to discussion.
    Bhai Anil ... ya to aapki BAAL KI KHAL UTARNE WALI BAAT HAI ....WHY?
    My motto was only to clear this fact that after Yadav's inclusion in BC they are the ones who have their names more in the lists.

Iske peeche karan kuch bhi laga lo ki jo log pahele iss category mein they wo take for granted leke kum tyari karte they ....

Hope to see some more fight among that category now .... as those casts students will now work more harder .... this way this inclusion will bring some brighter students in the lists. ISNT IT?

Same case will be with JATS ... when they will firstly included in OBC they will be more among lists ... after that gradually quality and competition will increase and this will bring hard working guys in their lists too ... they may be from any category ... i have no problem with that .... this is in turn in welfare of the country ....

You identified the wrong thats going on correctly , absolutely agree with you on this. ( the text highlighed in bold )! And that is exactly what is happening. [[ I can say that Being a part of the one of the most elite institutions in india and seen people who have come only on reservation basis really putting up a sorry figure!]]
    Shayad agar aap mere upar wale tarq se sehamat honge to ye shikayat aapki kuch kam ho jaegi ... kyonki aise mein aache bache hi list mein naam paa sakenege ....isnt it?

YOU ARE RIGHT HERE .... I have mentioned everywhere that if somebody in future wishes to raise voice for reservation in any category .... We should support them ..... this way we are stepping towards less reservation ... isnt it?

Mujhey koe gam nahi hoga agar aaj ki 50 seeton ke bajae JATO ko ladne ke liye 65 seat mil jaen ... ab bhi to itni sari jatiyan hein ... phir bhi rahengi ... koe dikkat nahi ... jo marginal bachey they ... jo 51 se 65 tak ki list mein they ... unka bhala hoga ... unke mehanati maa-baap ki aatma shant hogi ... aachey mehanati bachey aaenge ..... ho alsi honge wo rahe jaen ... chahe jat hi kyon na hon ... mujhey koe shikva nahi hoga .... but I found this situation very wrong when deserving are left behind .... and MORI KI EEENT CHAUBARE MEIN CHADHAI JATI HAI .... read another thread where the 20 students who have been dropped of IIT despite of so many attempts for their good performance .... mein aise aise haramkhoro ko janta hun jinhone category ki aad mein rohtak pmt mein admission le liya aur 7-7 saal mein mushkil se mbbs poori ki .... ye kya desh ka bhala karenge .... padhey likhey to bahar te ya bade hospitals mein te ilaj karva lenge ... lekin ye haramkhor marenge aam janta ne ... un balkan ne jo inte jyada kaabil they er inke karan rahe gae ....

Agree .... par bhai kisi bade kaam ko tukdon mein banto .... ab ek jati ke jo aise bachey jaisa aapne batyaa ... bilkul waise hi jaisa aapne bataya waiting in the ranks hein .... agar wo thoda nikal jaenge OBC mein to jo aap wale bachey hein unke liye bhi jegah rahegi ... isnt it?

Let us clear this in your matematical terms .... though am not so sharp as you in maths .... but still i will have a try ...

ab general ki rank wale 51-65 tak ke bachey aise hi baithe rahete hein jaisa aapne bataya .... JAT OBC mein jane se kya hoga .... man lo .... mein jyada kahunga to aap ye kahoge ki you are generalising .... aur jat utne hi mehanati hein jitni aur obc castes .... say 5 jat obc mein aa gae .... say 51-55 wale ... to general list ki queue choti hui ke nahi hui? Means in this case if somebody leaves then 56 rank will get in .... what a good scenerio to get the quality in? Isnt it?

Its more aproblem of numbers , it would have been all too simple if we are talking about 1 million may be.There we could have distributed things more easily. But talking about 1.12 billion people.

May be i am wrong in my calculations and may be your points and further calrifications can satisfy me , but i am not at all convinved! How could just getting into a small % of reserved category help our caste this great deal.

Very naively , it is a free option for sure. In very technical terms , it is always better to have an option , so i totally agree this is going to benefit , but realistically , our free option is someone's liability.

I am a firm believer in the law of averages ( sorry for being mathematical here ) but how come without actually increasing the resources , one can produce a benefit for one while not creating a negative benefit for some one else.
    In very simple terms , if we all believe that reservation is gonna help ( and mind you i am now supposing that its gonna help only very little). If you leverage this action enough , you can create great succeses , cant you ?

Joke or something?

Please note : Neither i am against Jats , nor I am against development of our community.

===============

Was writing something but then something very urgent popped up and the thoughts were lost. Sorry for that , so had to conclude. Will take part when more posts come up.
    Bhai yahan aap kuch itna high fi bol gae ki mujhey kuch palle nahi pada .... so cant able to provide any tarq ... or KU-TARQ dene se behatar hai ki mein aapse gujarish karun ki thoda simple karke samjhaen .... dhanyavad.

Quote Originally Posted by sumitdalal View Post
    Ram ram hooda sahab,

agar aapko lagta hai ki hume usse thread mai he discuss karna chahiye toh we can delete this thread......i dont have any problem with this.If we can transfer all our posts there.Watever u say.
    Bhai Sumit .... Nice photo !!!

now you can see the thread and its on the same discussion those were carried on the previous ones .... please request some moderator to get it merge .... I feel that in that case this will have more impact ... as a complete list will be there for any starter on this issue ....

Moderators ... kindly merge these two threads .....

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    i n'vr advocated tht m in favour of reservation on caste basis...i guess no one else out here has advocated tht...so folks stop quoting this.

anil bhai...this is not a joke, neither it is illogical, in fact let this happen, nd mind u this is not short sightedness (or myopia :p ...watever u call it)...if every one frm all different castes tht u've tried to mention, stand up to hv their claim in/on reservation...i wud say this wud b the best thing to happen, in the interest of all...may b then the politicians will decide to stop this crap forever...i mean reservations, quotas etc etc etc nd bla bla bla :D:rolleyes::p

Well i will answer your other posts may be later but lets get something out of this.

If u r not in favour of caste basis reservation , then you should not be supporting jat reservation.

OR else are you of the view that let us complicate the problem first and then solve it ?
    I guess you are suggesting something similar by saying all the caste get it and then politicians will understand.

For sure we are not the implementors , and on this platform the idea is to discuss about the issues first, and supporting this thing which in principle is wrong is i dont know , what are u going to derive out of that!

People seem to do this rhetoric , " I am not in favour of caste based reservation --- But i support jat reservation because if everyone is getting it , we should as well "!
    It is something like , you pronounce yourself as secular and are also willing to degrade other religions so that ours can come up better.

Ethics are not something which can be situation speicific or scenario based.

Either please stop saying that you are not being caste specific or dont support the reservation.

Login to view details.
    Bhai Sumit .... Nice photo !!!

now you can see the thread and its on the same discussion those were carried on the previous ones .... please request some moderator to get it merge .... I feel that in that case this will have more impact ... as a complete list will be there for any starter on this issue ....

Moderators ... kindly merge these two threads .....

Hooda sahab,

Fotu aapka bhi maine ek no.1 ka lagya kare.

aap theek keh rahe ho.......kuch log aaram se manne wale nahi hai isliye shayad debate lamba kechega(waise i still belive that there is nothing to debate about)

I personally invite people who think that reservation is not the solution for the people suffering in villages to my village.I will be a perfect host and i will take u out on a tour of all neighbouring villages.Sometimes practical observation becomes more imp. than humanity fundamentals.

Meanwhile i request the moderaters to merge this thread with the previous operative ones related to reservation.I started this thread to reach to a decision but i forgot that i belong to a community where people have a habit of doing unreasonable arguments..............WATEVER......PROUD TO B A JAT.

Jaise bhi ho mere apne ho.

Login to view details.
    Quoted
    ===============

Let us suppose we have 10 % reservation , tell me how many of those underprivileged would get through the rigours compared to the elite of us. (i wud b glad even if 25% of those down-trodden jaats reap the benefit of reservation...further details, refer below or go to my post no. 30)

25 % is too big a number , I am very sure that the actual benefit ( and remember I am saying the actual needy benefitting just because of this new optionc alled reservation would not be anywhere more than a %.
    And I can justify it to some extent :
    27% is what we are targeting ! right ? That includes OBC etc etc ....

Worst case imagine that none of the needy jats ( downtrodden and poor and lacking resources ) goes through the 50 % General category!
    Consider a needy student X.
    His situation before reservation :
    He has to compete in the 50 % pool. all his jat friends who are brilliant are also competing with him.

His situation after reservation:
    He has to compete only with 27 % of pool. Although the competition has halved but the seats he can get has also halved.
    Also the top brass of Jats / gujjars / Yadavs / Meenas who would have cleared in any case even if they are put in general category will also fill up their application on the quota category and thus will outshine this needy one in any case.
    do you get the logic? Even now you believe that 25 % will be benefitted ?

So what exactly the service you are determining to the caste would be converted to :
    The elite jats families will get their children in good colleges , they will be engineers and doctors , may be settle abroad , come to Jatland , discuss about reservation issues raisd by some caste and say , lets oppose it and do a service to the "our caste " !

Is that the feedback loop we all are looking at? (...पहले गाँव तो बस जान दो...we can talk on this issue later-on...hw.ever my abv 1st remark is an answer in itself...on this, i wud like u to refer post no. 16 by sanjeev nandal, wch even u...yrself has appreciated...the educated/well settled jats can contribute to this effect in wch ever way they want to, nd for this u dont hv to oppose anything nd still can do service to yr. caste...unlike u nd me, they dont hv. to indulge in this kinda rhetoric over JL...action speak louder than words)

YES , i am not denying my previous opinion , I am just discussing this on an intellectual platform and the reservation on the caste basis defies logic to me. Absurd to me at least. Neither I am sugegsting that there should be a status quo. I really believe that there should not be any reservation and if there is it should be purely on the basis of economic basis..

========================================

Brahm:
    may be after tht we'll talk in totality, abt yr. Integrated development , Holistic development etc etc etc nd bla bla bla. :rolleyes::D

Well its not crap for me at least , and its not mere words! Whatever you have mentioned or the question that was asked, the kind of reposnse the reservation option is a short term fix and plenty of these short term fix will ultimatley make the system crash some day!
    I would rather opt for sacrifice today for a better tomorrow. In that sense we all should support environmental degradation , not worry about greenhouse etc , not worry about water levels going down , not worry about consumption , efficient systems!
    What say ?
    Its straightforward for me , it has to be sacrifice some day , either do it in small today or accumulate it over time and be prepared for a catastrophe!

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitdalal View Post
    aap theek keh rahe ho.......kuch log aaram se manne wale nahi hai isliye shayad debate lamba kechega(waise i still belive that there is nothing to debate about)

I personally invite people who think that reservation is not the solution for the people suffering in villages to my village.I will be a perfect host and i will take u out on a tour of all neighbouring villages.Sometimes practical observation becomes more imp. than humanity fundamentals.

Meanwhile i request the moderaters to merge this thread with the previous operative ones related to reservation.I started this thread to reach to a decision but i forgot that i belong to a community where people have a habit of doing unreasonable arguments..............WATEVER......PROUD TO B A JAT.

Jaise bhi ho mere apne ho.
    And is this not being casteism ?> or being caste specific , For us only at the cost of anything ?

Its simple for me , go for it , but dont then say that you dont want caste based reservation! Or you dont like caste based things!

and Sumit , in the same village it would not be difficult to find people of other castes similar or even worsely placed!

Login to view details.
    Quoted
    ===============

Let us suppose we have 10 % reservation , tell me how many of those underprivileged would get through the rigours compared to the elite of us. (i wud b glad even if 25% of those down-trodden jaats reap the benefit of reservation...further details, refer below or go to my post no. 30)

25 % is too big a number , I am very sure that the actual benefit ( and remember I am saying the actual needy benefitting just because of this new optionc alled reservation would not be anywhere more than a %.
    And I can justify it to some extent :
    27% is what we are targeting ! right ? That includes OBC etc etc ....

Worst case imagine that none of the needy jats ( downtrodden and poor and lacking resources ) goes through the 50 % General category!
    Consider a needy student X.
    His situation before reservation :
    He has to compete in the 50 % pool. all his jat friends who are brilliant are also competing with him.

His situation after reservation:
    He has to compete only with 27 % of pool. Although the competition has halved but the seats he can get has also halved.
    Also the top brass of Jats / gujjars / Yadavs / Meenas who would have cleared in any case even if they are put in general category will also fill up their application on the quota category and thus will outshine this needy one in any case.
    do you get the logic? Even now you believe that 25 % will be benefitted ?

So what exactly the service you are determining to the caste would be converted to :
    The elite jats families will get their children in good colleges , they will be engineers and doctors , may be settle abroad , come to Jatland , discuss about reservation issues raisd by some caste and say , lets oppose it and do a service to the "our caste " !
    Is that the feedback loop we all are looking at? (...पहले गाँव तो बस जान दो...we can talk on this issue later-on...hw.ever my abv 1st remark is an answer in itself...on this, i wud like u to refer post no. 16 by sanjeev nandal, wch even u...yrself has appreciated...the educated/well settled jats can contribute to this effect in wch ever way they want to, nd for this u dont hv to oppose anything nd still can do service to yr. caste...unlike u nd me, they dont hv. to indulge in this kinda rhetoric over JL...action speak louder than words)

YES , i am not denying my previous opinion , I am just discussing this on an intellectual platform and the reservation on the caste basis defies logic to me. Absurd to me at least. Neither I am sugegsting that there should be a status quo. I really believe that there should not be any reservation and if there is it should be purely on the basis of economic basis..

========================================

Brahm:
    may be after tht we'll talk in totality, abt yr. Integrated development , Holistic development etc etc etc nd bla bla bla. :rolleyes::D

Well its not crap for me at least , and its not mere words! Whatever you have mentioned or the question that was asked, the kind of reposnse the reservation option is a short term fix and plenty of these short term fix will ultimatley make the system crash some day!
    I would rather opt for sacrifice today for a better tomorrow. In that sense we all should support environmental degradation , not worry about greenhouse etc , not worry about water levels going down , not worry about consumption , efficient systems!
    What say ?
    Its straightforward for me , it has to be sacrifice some day , either do it in small today or accumulate it over time and be prepared for a catastrophe!

Bhai kitne rang ke pen hai tere pass??

lol

Login to view details.
    Aur jab sari duniya ughadi hoe hande se ... to humne bhi itna NAAK KA BAAL NA BANANA CHAHIYE ....

Dev ji, I know you where you are talking .... ye reservation koe jadu ki pudia nahi hai ... lekin aap jaise logon ke sath aur margdarshan ki bhi jarurat rahegi inko. Lekin ye bhi nahi hai ki isse jaruratmand jaton ko faeda nahi hoga. Iss andher nagri mein humein apni iss secular community ke uthan ke liye dono cheejon ki jarurat hai ...

1) Reservation
    2) Enlightment by the learned people like you and Navin who are trying to give back to the community by their educated moves. Making them aware of what is right and what is wrong. Helping them to come our of darkness of illusion, hatred among themselves, jua-sharab, dahej aur bahut sari kuritiyon se jo inko jakadti ja rahi hein.
    Jitender i can understand your points , but believe this is not the solution.

2) is the only option and i dont there is a huge difference intra villages between castes!! Compare apples with apples! Comparing Punjabi with jat does not make sense on the discussion of reservation.
    do u think the other castes in OBC have not been the same phase as jats.

And nobody appreciates the slackness that can come in when we do get reservation. The kind of pride that we bear always and the kind of laziness and the slack approach , once having the rese rvation , would not it demotivate the upcoming talent further not to raise their level of hard work ? Such huge populations of crores of jats and a few getting through is gonna change everything for you ?
    What it moght do is to may be raise the membership of Jatland by a few 1000 , but will it make sense ?

We all know of the interest people show in good works! Is nt many on the site capable of helping in all kinds to at least 1 deserving student!
    how many do it ?
    Mere lip service will not take us anywhere Bhai!

Lets understand the intricacies and lets not be raged for nothing. Lets get working and focus on things that are going to serve as long term. Lets set up an set up , a working mechanism , an integral and an holistic approach to life in general and then to people!

Is not there enough from the govt to some , does it ever go to the needy?
    In such a big system that is never possible. Its we people who have to do the actual hard work , fairy tale solutions are not possible.

Gujars got it

Gujars got 5% quata
    bhans-katda and jhhota
    Gujars got it by fighting.
    Jats still fighting on papers.
    isko kahate han samjhdari.
    Jats are born aanadi
    2+2 =4
    Bhukhe ky liye do 2 aur do char roti.
    itne si bat hae- jats gugagda mat banao.
    agar support nahi karte to chup raho.
    kheer mae musal to mat maro. samaye ki najakat ko samjho

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080619/main2.htm
    5% quota for Gujjars

14% quota for poor among upper castes

The Rajasthan government has decided to accord 14 per cent reservation to economically backward strata in higher caste like Brahmins, Rajputs, Baniyas and Kayastha. This reservation is being accorded on the basis of interim report submitted by Jutice S.K. Sharma Commission, Raje said. — PTI

Jaipur, June 18
    The Gujjar community will be given 5 per cent reservation as a special category under an agreement reached with the Rajasthan government, bringing an end to nearly month-long agitation by the community for Scheduled Tribe status.

Addressing a joint press conference with Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla here, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje announced 5 per cent quota for Gujjars as also Rebaris and Banjaras.

Apparently keeping in mind the sensitivities of the influential Meena community, which enjoys the ST status in the state, she sought to allay apprehensions about the impact of the quota for Gujjars on the present reservation system.

"This quota would not have any adverse effect on the present reservation system in the state,” she said, adding, “There is a necessity to give special support to some sections”.

Expressing gratitude to Raje and giving her credit for ending the stalemate, Colonel Bainsla said in view of today's announcement the Gujjar agitation would be called off after he reaches Pilupura in Bharatpur, the nerve centre of the agitation.

"We hope there will be no need for any more agitation on the issue,” he said. — PTI
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

What say ?
    mera desh mahaan...m proud 2 b an indian !!! :p:p:p:p:p
    even more prouder abt our so called educated jat intelligentsia.
    lets start livin' holistically, think abt our climate,
    support against environmental degradation, start worrying abt greenhouse, depleting water levels etc etc etc...i've booked 1st available flight to washington...अभी बुश और ओबामा के कान मरोड़ के आता हूँ :p:D
    all JATlanders stop talking abt reservation/quotas...lets unite nd stage a dharna at white house...protest agnst USA policies tht r causing greenhouse effect nd environmental degradation, the biggest culprit...afterall we hv to think in long term to start living holistically...lets do it NOW, b 4 its too late...i know jats can do it, cos
    एक जाट-जाट, दो जाट-मौज, तीन जाट-कंपनी, चार जाट-फौज...i'll sponser tickets to washington for all interested...ticket also includes 1 day sight seeing tour of washington DC nd $ 100.00 worth of casino coupons. :tamatar
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 20th, 2008 at 11:43 AM.

Nice discussion is going on, but one thing is sure, uttering intellectuality without coming on the surface is nonsense:rolleyes:. Big words never make difference if u can't implement those....wo kaha kare na aapne ghar ki to sulti kona, saare gaam ka thekka tha lyo...pehlam main apni biradri ka bhala kar lo....sarre world ka thekka fer tha liyo....
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Nobody is asking you to believe Prashant and i didn't wrote that to convince anybody here. I just put up a real picture what i observed at first hand.

I totally agree with you that people have a bit of sense provided the fact that in which sense they have the sense and how they use that.

I didn't posted here just to oppose or criticize the reservation policy or people ..... by providing some strange/familiar facts i wish to convey the message that only reservation can't help any community unless people like to accept better education as their primary concern/requirement.
    I firmly say if someone is having land worth in crores, he will not work for 70 Rs per day wheter he is SC/ST, illiterate or the greatest moron of the world...ya to wahi baat ho gayi BP tewatia ji waali :

Sundu ne nathu halwai tai poochha:

Sunddu : DaKi ke banan laag rya
    Nathu Halwai : ****** (JALEBI:p)
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!