Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Reservation of JAT's in Haryana.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by aakankshac View Post
    The thread on IIM in Haryana has a few posts which emphasise the need for a new education model to be implemented.

sorry to say buddy, but if u wud have got any idea of the conditions of the schools in villages, u would have not said this.

forget abt the new model of education........even the primary things are nt available for students.

Login to view details.
    i expect people to come and say abt the qns i have put not about other irrelevant issues.
    Last edited by sumitdalal; June 16th, 2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: because i wanted to use red colour to highlight my points which i forgot to use.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    Dear Sumit,

Here, in the post u urself told that u r lil rude here. U gave a scenerio and threw a challenge.I After that u asked not to discuss abt reservation and asked not to write in favor or against. U used bold fonts also(hope u know what that mean). I am really confused what to write here. I mean what do u expect from members to write her. Anyway, I can easily understand ur state of mind and emotions u have. But give us some options to write on. What u said is all correct but i have few concerns if i agree with u.
    Dont call JAT, Sher, Mard and all coz there is no difference bw a Jat and a Chamar. I see both as HUmans. Jats are nowhere better than a Chamar or Chudha... do u agree ??? I agree. Both can do any kind of task. A chudha can be as Gutsy as a JAt and bold as well as couragous. Dont differentiate JATs then by using such words.
    This is not an argument to prove u wrong but with an agreement with ur post along with my own perception in a different way. Rest after ur reply.
    Read ur another thread of PVR incident. I wanted to write reams on that but ppl already wrote a lot.

Devender

Ram ram bhai,

i will ans u point by point.

1)i didnt gave any scenario, i have told u the ground realities.

2)I said not to discuss in favour or against of reservation because we have already discussed over this issue many times.Now its the time to take decision.All those who doesnt support reservation either stop doing this or if they think that they are capable enough to thrive without reservation , i ask them to put themselves on same footing as of those who need reservation...........and than perform.

So no descussion plz........either understand the conditions of the jats suffering in villages or take this challange.

3)I have not even once compared jats with sher and all.
    i only quoted some of the members words in one of the thread in the website.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Prima facie would differ with Sumit but i can imagine and understand the essence he is talking about.

In essence lets support reservation for the underprivileged , my personal views have been written somewhere on the forums , i repeat it again , it has to be on ECONOMIC basis only.

Or more better but , on RESOURCE ALLOCATION basis.

Its the way we look at it , and sumit is right in pointing that we on the forums are the privileged ones of the society , ofcourse many would say that we have put in the hard work but ofcourse resources were there to utilize.

And the rhetoric can be extended to all kind of activities that can be categorised into giving back to the society.

And no shame for me to keep repeating, each one of us is good enough to take care of 1 child's education , 10k of us on the site! And the number we a ctially do is far and few!

I put it in the ategory of " GIVING BACK TO THE SOCIETY". We all should!

Hello bhai,

Reality is much different from the education and practical experience u are having.The way u keep advocating reservation on economic basis..........u dont know ground reality problems.I will tell u two basic problems in Haryana villages these days to give u some idea.

1)Senior citizen pension(budhapa pension)
    In every village around 20% people who are below 50 are having this pension by enrolling their names in the list by influence of money and power.........and around 30% people in village who are above 60 who are eligible for this scheme have not got their enrollment .........i believe u know the reason.

2)Yellow cards for BPL.
    In every village there are about 50 people who have got yellow cards and who have properties in lakhs.

I hope u have got my point.In a country like india reservation on economic basis sound very enthusiastic but enrollment of economical established people in the list of economical backward is not tough and tricky.

ECONOMIC BASIS FOR RESERVATION IS NOT PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE IN INDIA.

(I have given facts for my ans. against the economic basis.Plz if anybody wants to come up disagreement, come up with some facts).

Anyways bro, missing u a lot.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    Arrey Jakhode aale bhai tun iss baat ne hude ee likh leve hey us tagge pe .... mere yaar nyara sang kyane randhey tha .... thode aur inputs aa jyate uspe er wo arakshan ki duvidha aale members ke liye aacha full fledged material tyar ho jyata .... thats what I requested earlier .... anyways .... agar usse mein merge karva sako to bahut aacha hoga ... mere khyal te ye sari baat ho rahi hein hude bhi ....

Baki aapne aacha kahya hai .... I feel that most of the opposing people will be on the other side if they think themselves .... if they wouldnt have enough money to send themselves or their children to some other countries like Australia, newzealand, ireland, Uk, USA etc. for studies .... what would them/their children be doing in India .... though them/their children were more competant than the ones who got admitted due to this reservation. Reservation in todays time is not BHEEKH as quoted its only to have enough space for the people with calibre of 80% but they cant make it because the competitor of 60% from other reserved category snatches his seat.

Eeeb apni khudi ne itna buland kukar karein ek sare ke sare jat ya general un 50 seattan mein hazzar balak aa badein .... rahengi to we 50 hi .... unki khudi buland hoe pache bhi koe 50 ee to aa sakein sein un seetan pe ... baki to ye 20% aale meena ee le jyange .... ha ha .... eeb na hove selection er na byont ho ghar ka BIDESH mein balak padhan ka to ke dhan dhan karega wo JAT jiski history itni aachi rahi .... jisne apne itihas pe garv karna chahiye .... er wo apni aatma ne nue bhi na kahe pave ek usne kam mehanat kari ... kyonki uski ghar ki halat ko dekhte hue 80% bhatere they .... to ya to wo kime galat rasta apnavega ya bigadega ....

To mein nue kahun sun ek bhai jisne apne pe itna bharosa ho ... to un bhaiyan ne khud ya apne balak ya khud BIDESH na bhejne chahiye wo bharat ka reservation corrupted competition chod ke .... let them build themselves hard enough to find out some way out of it .... aur mein sure hun ki jo aisa karega ... to wo bahut ooncha jaega .... and such people only will bring some change .... but dont think ki aisa experiment wo log khud pe nahi karenge ....

Maine to mostly apne rohtak mein aisa dekha hai ki .... jin balkan ka hude na ho tha kitte er ghar kyan dhore paisa aacha tha ... to bhej diye bahar padhan .... er bahar jae pache to sabne bera se koe ulta na badta ... apne aale jugadu to thadde sein hey .... haan mehanat to karni pade ee se no doubt .... par we aache likad jyan hein .... er isse isse jat dekhe hein joki un bahar likade aud er aaj ke time pe kafi aache settled bachon se kafi padhai mein aur har terah se aache they .... they are working as teachers in private schools .... pher kisse gande politician ke peeche hand phir ke kisse ne sarkari naurki le li .... lekin pher bhi wohe ....LANDA DHAI KA SE ..... UNKE BALKAN TAHI ... kyonki ek naukri .... er aadhi tankha to doodh, pani , bijli etc ke billan mein chali ja se ... er bachi aud private school choos lein se balak padhan mein .....

Khair its nice call .... hope ki jo koe iss category mein sein we kuch to gireban jhankenge ....

Ram ram hooda sahab,

agar aapko lagta hai ki hume usse thread mai he discuss karna chahiye toh we can delete this thread......i dont have any problem with this.If we can transfer all our posts there.Watever u say.

Reservation Vs Standing upto the challenge

Hello All.

What Sumit has tossed up here, is very true in the real case scenario.
    But, the main concern is, if we start demanding for equal terms in reservation, it will give rise to another chaotic situation, like what Gujjars are upto now. They are ready to go to extremes to get it implemented. End result, huge loss to the public property, which will again be an imposed burden on common man including the needy Jats. And, it can not be a feasible solution in the first place. Even if Jats are given their share in reservation, how about the other general castes. They will have every right to fight for 'emselves then. One can imagine what it can lead to. Reservation for all. Ain't it funny !!

As far as standing up to the challenge is concerned, it seems to be the most rewarding method. But, needs so much of perseverance from people like you & me who don't have that much time to devote to it, even if we want to support them from the core of our hearts. So, we all end up discussing only here and actual implementation never happens. But, in actual, a little support from us can do wonders.

As Sumit said, our youth in villages (so is the case with many of 'em in urban areas as well) dont find a mentor to show them the way. They have a zeal to learn. I have seen 'em joining English speaking courses, trying to get 'emselves aquainted with personality traits, but again lag behind without any proper guidance and support. It is all about getting into the right environment. I have seen few of them rising upto the situation and take up the challenge. Trust me, they went through. That happened just because they got a helping hand at the right time. Whenever, I go to my village , atleast once in a month, I find many of them coming for advices.Even their parents look upto us for some mentoring. Thats where people like us can prove handy. Most heartening aspect of our youth in villages is, they are a bundle of energy. It's all about harnessing it. Make a good image of yourself in their minds and they always listen to you. Half of the work is done as soon as they start lending their ears to your constructive thoughts.

I know, it is always easier said than done. But, it has to start somewhere, someday. Unless we visit our roots, our villages and contribute back to them, their psychology can never change. If we could do a little on that front, we should consider ourselves lucky and can take pride in it.
    Sumit, thanks much for coming up with the idea. It shouldn't matter where do we discuss all these things, as long as it contributes to our near, dear and needy ones. Rest is upto you people to decide. I have many more things to say and would like to contribute a step further. But, as I said, time constraint again hampers me from doing it. Will try writing more in my subsequent post.

Bye for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    Eeeb apni khudi ne itna buland kukar karein ek sare ke sare jat ya general un 50 seattan mein hazzar balak aa badein .... rahengi to we 50 hi .... unki khudi buland hoe pache bhi koe 50 ee to aa sakein sein un seetan pe ... baki to ye 20% aale meena ee le jyange .... ha ha .... eeb na hove selection er na byont ho ghar ka BIDESH mein balak padhan ka to ke dhan dhan karega wo JAT jiski history itni aachi rahi .... jisne apne itihas pe garv karna chahiye .... er wo apni aatma ne nue bhi na kahe pave ek usne kam mehanat kari ... kyonki uski ghar ki halat ko dekhte hue 80% bhatere they .... to ya to wo kime galat rasta apnavega ya bigadega ....

To mein nue kahun sun ek bhai jisne apne pe itna bharosa ho ... to un bhaiyan ne khud ya apne balak ya khud BIDESH na bhejne chahiye wo bharat ka reservation corrupted competition chod ke .... let them build themselves hard enough to find out some way out of it .... aur mein sure hun ki jo aisa karega ... to wo bahut ooncha jaega .... and such people only will bring some change .... but dont think ki aisa experiment wo log khud pe nahi karenge ....

Maine to mostly apne rohtak mein aisa dekha hai ki .... jin balkan ka hude na ho tha kitte er ghar kyan dhore paisa aacha tha ... to bhej diye bahar padhan .... er bahar jae pache to sabne bera se koe ulta na badta ... apne aale jugadu to thadde sein hey .... haan mehanat to karni pade ee se no doubt .... par we aache likad jyan hein .... er isse isse jat dekhe hein joki un bahar likade aud er aaj ke time pe kafi aache settled bachon se kafi padhai mein aur har terah se aache they .... they are working as teachers in private schools .... pher kisse gande politician ke peeche hand phir ke kisse ne sarkari naurki le li .... lekin pher bhi wohe ....LANDA DHAI KA SE ..... UNKE BALKAN TAHI ... kyonki ek naukri .... er aadhi tankha to doodh, pani , bijli etc ke billan mein chali ja se ... er bachi aud private school choos lein se balak padhan mein .....

Khair its nice call .... hope ki jo koe iss category mein sein we kuch to gireban jhankenge ....
    भाई jitender जी, आप मेरी बात का यह निशकर्ष कदाचित ना निकालना की मैं जाट आरक्षण की खिलाफत कर रहा हूँ. परंतु इतना ज़रूर कहना चाहूँगा की आप भारत सरकार के पीछे ही क्यूँ लट्ठ ले कर पड़े हैं...अगर meena, yaadav, gujjar 50% आरक्षण ले भी लेते हैं, तो आप bill gates के साथ काम कीजिए...azim premji के साथ काम कीजिए...tata के साथ काम कीजिए...narayana murthy के साथ काम कीजिए.

i may b stirring the hornet's nest when i say tht "i consider more than 80% of ppl working for govt. as incompetent souls". i dont wanna debate on this, but this is wat i feel...nd i call this as "बाबू मानसिकता".

i'm supporting jaat reservation just for the mere fact tht there r thousands of down-trodden jaats tht really need to hv a single govt. job in their family...एक family से एक ऊपर उठेगा, तो बाकियों को भी उठाएगा...nd thts where the issue of creamy layer among jats will cum into picture (...पहले गाँव तो बस जान दो...we can talk on this issue later-on)
    however, for the moment, the need of the hour is to support jaat reservation...blind-foldedly. this reservation is badly required by our these brothers who really need the upliftment. बहुत हो चुकी ये खेतों की नलाई भराई...लाम्नियाँ और भैंस चराई.

so folks wake up to the call of the moment...dont b so indifferent to yr fellow brothers...pls...pls...nd pls...support the cause.

Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 17th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    भाई jitender जी, आप मेरी बात का यह निशकर्ष कदाचित ना निकालना की मैं जाट आरक्षण की खिलाफत कर रहा हूँ. परंतु इतना ज़रूर कहना चाहूँगा की आप भारत सरकार के पीछे ही क्यूँ लट्ठ ले कर पड़े हैं...अगर meena, yaadav, gujjar 50% आरक्षण ले भी लेते हैं, तो आप bill gates के साथ काम कीजिए...azim premji के साथ काम कीजिए...tata के साथ काम कीजिए...narayana murthy के साथ काम कीजिए.
    Bhai saab isme koe bura manan ki baat na .... aapke vichar aapne rakh diye ... mere mein rakh dyun ... harek ka apna mat ho sake hai ...

Par yahan mein aapko uss khatarnak paryas ki taraf dhyan dilana chahunga jisme apne poojniya pradhanmantri ji ne ye aarakshan inn billgates, tata aur azim premji par bhi lagu karne ka ahwan kiya tha ... MUMBAI mein bhari sabha mein ... to bhai ji wo din door nahi jab private sector mein bhi ye log kar denge ... uske baad se ye companies bhi china ki tarf jane lagi hein ....

Nice thoughts bhai Sanjeev

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevnandal View Post
    Hello All.

What Sumit has tossed up here, is very true in the real case scenario.
    But, the main concern is, if we start demanding for equal terms in reservation, it will give rise to another chaotic situation, like what Gujjars are upto now. They are ready to go to extremes to get it implemented. End result, huge loss to the public property, which will again be an imposed burden on common man including the needy Jats. And, it can not be a feasible solution in the first place. Even if Jats are given their share in reservation, how about the other general castes. They will have every right to fight for 'emselves then. One can imagine what it can lead to. Reservation for all. Ain't it funny !!

Bhai hoga nahi ye to ho liya hai .... peeche brahmano ne bhi awaj uthai thi .... to aaj ke time pe koe party reservation abolish nahi kar paegi lagta hai ... to better to put each and everybody in reservation ... nue mar kat machegi jibbe ye politicians samajhenge ... na to iss sindhia ki dhala jhutthe waide karke gaddi pe baith jyange er apne maje karenge ... eeb bera pattya na isne ek nue bhi ho sake hai vote ke jhutthey wadyan te ....

As far as standing up to the challenge is concerned, it seems to be the most rewarding method. But, needs so much of perseverance from people like you & me who don't have that much time to devote to it, even if we want to support them from the core of our hearts. So, we all end up discussing only here and actual implementation never happens. But, in actual, a little support from us can do wonders.

As Sumit said, our youth in villages (so is the case with many of 'em in urban areas as well) dont find a mentor to show them the way. They have a zeal to learn. I have seen 'em joining English speaking courses, trying to get 'emselves aquainted with personality traits, but again lag behind without any proper guidance and support. It is all about getting into the right environment. I have seen few of them rising upto the situation and take up the challenge. Trust me, they went through. That happened just because they got a helping hand at the right time. Whenever, I go to my village , atleast once in a month, I find many of them coming for advices.Even their parents look upto us for some mentoring. Thats where people like us can prove handy. Most heartening aspect of our youth in villages is, they are a bundle of energy. It's all about harnessing it. Make a good image of yourself in their minds and they always listen to you. Half of the work is done as soon as they start lending their ears to your constructive thoughts.

I know, it is always easier said than done. But, it has to start somewhere, someday. Unless we visit our roots, our villages and contribute back to them, their psychology can never change. If we could do a little on that front, we should consider ourselves lucky and can take pride in it.
    Sumit, thanks much for coming up with the idea. It shouldn't matter where do we discuss all these things, as long as it contributes to our near, dear and needy ones. Rest is upto you people to decide. I have many more things to say and would like to contribute a step further. But, as I said, time constraint again hampers me from doing it. Will try writing more in my subsequent post.

Bye for now.
    You are right sumit we should give back to the society from where we emerged ... no doubt that will have much more affect .... but if this is joined with some more available seats to compete that will be more beneficial. You are right that we keep talking here on this platform and nobody is able to present on the ground .... but still I feel it might help somewhere to get points or analysis for the people on ground to spread.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitdalal View Post
    Hello bhai,

Reality is much different from the education and practical experience u are having.The way u keep advocating reservation on economic basis..........u dont know ground reality problems.I will tell u two basic problems in Haryana villages these days to give u some idea.

1)Senior citizen pension(budhapa pension)

2)Yellow cards for BPL.

ECONOMIC BASIS FOR RESERVATION IS NOT PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE IN INDIA.

(I have given facts for my ans. against the economic basis.Plz if anybody wants to come up disagreement, come up with some facts).
    Sumit,

Missing you too!

On the topic , Wont say that i have enough practical experience but will say that i have discussed enough with people and talked about it a lot ( and that includes you as well ) to understand the ground realities.
    You are very right in describing the two problems and i agree with you completely that there are inefficacies in the system.

Infact in such a big system , there are bound to be inefficacies, but that surely does not mean we replace one with other.

I am sorry not to put any fats , but lets be logical about it. I ask you one simple question : If i present to you a 2 children of age 5 years , 2 youth of age 20 years and 2 old people of age 50 years.
    Both the children are suffering from malnutrition and it is your responsibility to get them right food , both the young guys are unemployed equally talented , and it is your responsibility to get them right job or means of living , and both the old men are helpless , abandoned by family, no means of living!
    Let us also hypothesise that all people are similar in apperance and body etc etc.
    The Sumit Dalal I know will not ask me which one of them is Jat ? And i am 100 % sure on this.
    He will be compassionate of all and will work on getting the things done rather than wasting an iota of time on differentiating between who is who ?

See , when i am saying that economic wellness should be one of the basis , i am not at all suggesting that fraudulent economic level is also the basis. For sure i am counting out the inefficacies and you being attached to that grass root level do know about the inefficacies and you feel about it.

Just doing things for a caste is going to be damaging in the long run , it will spread hatredness among the people and the will lead to conflicting aspirations.

Lets work towards removing the inefficacies , not introducing them.

I hope u appreciate the point!

sorry to say buddy, but if u wud have got any idea of the conditions of the schools in villages, u would have not said this.

forget abt the new model of education........even the primary things are nt available for students.
    Clearly, the current system has not worked. If thought wisely and in detail of what a new model can incorporate and do. It can take action and provide the primary neccessities that the current system has failed to provide.

Process (summary):
    Indentification of failings and weaknesses of current system -> Determination of changes required-> Investigation of possible solutions -> Design of new model-> Implementation

I have a very good idea of the conditions of schools in villages. I am not sure what gave you the idea that I don't?? :-) My grandfather, Ch. Priya Vart was very active in promoting education in rural areas and establishing educational institutes for many decades.

"Assumption is the mother of all mistakes"

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by aakankshac View Post
    Clearly, the current system has not worked. If thought wisely and in detail of what a new model can incorporate and do. It can take action and provide the primary neccessities that the current system has failed to provide.

Process (summary):
    Indentification of failings and weaknesses of current system -> Determination of changes required-> Investigation of possible solutions -> Design of new model-> Implementation

I have a very good idea of the conditions of schools in villages. I am not sure what gave you the idea that I don't?? :-) My grandfather, Ch. Priya Vart was very active in promoting education in rural areas and establishing educational institutes for many decades.

"Assumption is the mother of all mistakes"

Well said.I appreciate ur inclination towards the new model for education.I like to discuss further about ur idea.........might b this is wat time demands.

Ram ram bhai,

i will ans u point by point.

1)i didnt gave any scenario, i have told u the ground realities..... That was not a scenerio... correct.. that is a fact agreed till certain point.

2)I said not to discuss in favour or against of reservation because we have already discussed over this issue many times.Now its the time to take decision.
    All those who doesnt support reservation either stop doing this or if they think that they are capable enough to thrive without reservation , i ask them to put themselves on same footing as of those who need reservation... ........and than perform.

So no descussion plz........either understand the conditions of the jats suffering in villages or take this challange.

3)I have not even once compared jats with sher and all.
    i only quoted some of the members words in one of the thread in the website.
    First i wrote a long post against this one of urs. But now i just say... carry on and All The Best.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevnandal View Post
    Needs so much of perseverance from people like you & me who don't have that much time to devote to it, even if we want to support them from the core of our hearts. So, we all end up discussing only here and actual implementation never happens. But, in actual, a little support from us can do wonders.

As Sumit said, our youth in villages (so is the case with many of 'em in urban areas as well) dont find a mentor to show them the way.

I know, it is always easier said than done. But, it has to start somewhere, someday. Unless we visit our roots, our villages and contribute back to them, their psychology can never change.
    A very constuctive and heartening post indeed. Pretty much matches what Sumit is yearning for (although unconsciously may be ) , MENTORING is something that has to be looked at seriosuly. We are lagging on tapping the resources and the human energy and capital we have at hand.

Being priviliged enough to know , we must feel a certain sense of responsibility to pass on the information.

Resrvation is Must for Every Cast-Let us Do or Die for it..Let us kill thousands!!

Reservation, though initially an affirmative action, has reduced to a political cheap trick. Craving for ever diminishing resources is nothing but obvious and every human being, irrespective of cast and creed would strive to grab as much big share as he can. The history is the evidence that ONLY the fittest survive and fittest are the ones who subscribe to best of resources.

I think every cast should demand for reserrvation that too an illogical share e,g every cast can demand for an exclusive 50% share, they should use force and every possible means ..and soon India will be in engulfed in "Internal War".."Mayhem" everywhere..Killings thosusands of people..same kind of situation will be there in India ..what is there in some African countries who are at war within themselves.

I think once millions are buthchered by their very brethren, then citizens of our great country India will realise that there should not be any reservation and only affirmative action should exist in the truest sense..

If this is the solution to eradicate this injustice:-- let it happen earlier the
    better!!

Soemtimes, i brood that India will be a nice and more accomodating place as we progress economically & step higher on the social ladder..but to my surprise the kind of incident that are happening on reservation..marathi chauvinism..et al ...point to an altogether different thing..

Let India burn.!!!.so that we can at least understand the true meaning of fair and affirmative world.. till then Njoy..fight individually to grab as much share of resources as you can..Reservation should not be there..if at all it has to stay as a concept let there be reservations who really need it..!!
    Last edited by vikasgulia; June 17th, 2008 at 10:52 PM.
    Vikas Gulia
    JAT- Just Adore Them
    "जाट गन्ना न दे, भेली दे दे"

I tried my level best to be away from this burning issue,but people's attitude made me loose my patience.

All those people who are being selfish(sorry for this word . i might b sounding too rude......but enough is enough) and say that JATS dont need reservation i just throw one challange to u.

LET YOUR CHILDREN STUDY IN VILLAGE GOVT. SCHOOLS FROM PRIMARY TO XII.LET YOUR CHILDREN MANAGE WITH THE SAME ENVIRONMENT WHICH KIDS IN VILLAGES GET.YOUR KIDS WILL STILL B ABLE TO CRACK CAT OR EVEN IAS(afterall u people have faith and guts).YOUR KIDS IN PRIVATE SCHOOLS MIGHT HAVE STARTED SPEAKING ENGLISH FROM THEIR INITIAL SCHOOLING AND HERE IN VILLAGE SCHOOLS A TOPPER OF FOUR VILLAGES CANT SPEAK CONTINUOSLY IN ENLISH EVEN FOR A MINUTE AND U EXPECT HIM TO SHOW GUTS AND FAITH TO CRACK CAT.LET YOUR CHILDREN DO THE SAME HOUSEHOLD WORK WHICH JAT KIDS DO IN VILLAGES FROM AGRICULTURE TO CATTLES.THAN ONLY THERE WILL BE EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITIES.BETWEEN ALL THOSE WHO ARE AGINST RESERVATION AND THOSE WHO NEED IT.

Either take this challange or plz be quiet over this issue.If u cant understand and support your people dont creat problems for them.Dont be selfish, if u and ur kids dont require reservation because u have enough opportunities to progress, atleast think of the village kids who have .....NO EDUCATION....NO MOTIVATION.....NO GUIDANCE.

ANOTHER REQUEST:Plz dont start a debate on this thread whether we need reservation or not.No need to discuss abt the issue again and again.The only thing is either u think and understand the plight of rural jats or show enough guts to take the challange thrown by me.

Prove that u r a jat either by standing for ur people who are suffering in villages by supporting reservation OR by showing guts and taking up the challange.

NOTE:i know people might put qns regarding my views , so i m making it quiet clear.I m totally against reservation and support that it should be removed from my country, but if others are having than we too want it.
    EITHER NO RESERVATION AT ALL OR RESERAVTION FOR JATS TOO.
    Regards,
    Sumit Dalal.
    Tell one thing honestly after practically thinking over it... do yu think if Jats get reservation, it ll raech the real needy... i mean will the ppl who are in real need...like the villagers yu ve mentioned who are deprived of all facilities..... get the benefit of reservation.....???
    In another post of yours abt economic criteria yu urself ve mentioned... how system is failed.... n ppl who ve properties take yellow card n those below 50 take old age pension...so similar ll happen in the case of reservation... the needy wont get benefitted by this ... it ll only help who are already in better position.
    Major problem in this country is failure of system.... they cant provide quality education,,, cant provide baisc amenities to all.... n so much more....!!!
    Reservation is no solution... it ll create gap n hatred among the casts,, nothing else.
    NO reservation n better n free education for all should be the motto.
    Keep Believing in Yourself and Your Dreams

Off Topic - but relevant

something similar like yellow card n other helps... Haryana Govt. gives scholarship to reserved classes in schools and colleges.. i got to know abt the college scenario... these guys take admission every year... take scholarship n then drop out..next year they come again,, n do the same. Then govt gave bicycles to all these underpriveleged classes students... they took it... n same... nxt year again they take admission n take again cycle n on the spot sell the new one in some price less than the cost. This is no story, its happening in real.... Govt. is spending crores of budget in terms of giving incentives to them, so that they can get education, but they do take admission, grab the incentives , but no outcome.

And now our dear Haryana Govt is planning to distribute computers to all of them,,, to make them tech savvy..... n we know how technically trained they are going to be with that....!!!

I fail to understand.... Doesnt Govt. know wats happening in reality......still doing it...spending or i shud say wasting big amount of money on such a futile effort .... if its not a political gimmick....wat else...???
    Keep Believing in Yourself and Your Dreams

Smile This will never help any community by any means !

If people think that reservation can ensure a better position for the community in social and financial circles than definitely it's a false preception. In contrast, it creates a wider gap among the clans and community itself ...... courtesy to the 'NICE' political and administrative system of Independent Republic of India. The best thing about the present system is that if you have resources than it doesn't matter whether you fall into the category of reserved people or not .... your future is assured ( not talking about fate/fortune ).

Let's talk about the burning topic. In Rajasthan, Gujjar's are on Railway Tracks for reservation. Let's suppose that somehow they manage to get it ( rare possibilities ), do you think they will emerge out as winners. NO. Col. Bainsla's political ambitions lead him to lost his credibility within the community and he is fighting for that ONLY.

Let me clear the equation for you people here behind the Gujjar Movement in Rajasthan. Meena's have 4 MP seats, 16-20 seats in assembly ( SC reservation) and Gujjar are eyeing on that only. It's irony that poor people are sacrificing their lives for the mighty and corrupt ones. The movement is reaching Jaipur and one day 'we' asked a Gujjar that what for are you fighting ? Poor soul replied that their leaders told them that they are going to be rich within three months. That's the essence of this movement, perception, ambitions and off courese FUTURE.

For the people who talk about hard work :

My forefathers have some land in a villege in Ganganagar Distt of Rajasthan. Without any arguement ...... best fertile area in India ..... in Ghagghar Besin. 95% population of that villege is SC and ST. Those 95% SC/ST since last 60 years are living in poverty by their own wish but having all the opprtunities to work hard and get richer. They possess lands worth of crores ( due to the govt. policies only ). I spent two years there and analyze them so closely. A person having a land of worth approx. 10 Crores is more than ready to work as a 70 Rs/day labourer instead of cultivating his own fields. GOD BLESS. ( Don't want to tell some other details as some people may got irritated )

So, what's an opportunity if you don't work and if you are hard working .... opportunities will come to you by itself.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    NR Narayanmurthy rightly said "India is the only country where people are interested in becoming "backward"

I believe in myself and believe that I can fight competition rather than pretending to be "backward" just for sake of job or some petty benefits.

Its just a game of politics....and it sucks !!!!!
    Rightly said Anil .....

Not only general people but a race who claim themselves as a greatest warrior race ( as few people declare here ) wish that govt should feed their family as they themselves can't.:rolleyes:
    Last edited by vijay; June 18th, 2008 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    Why can't people fight for better educational facilities in villages the same way as they fight for caste based reservations? Why this premium on backwardness? High time this stops for all and India becomes a casteless nation.
    That's real irony.. RK Sir ..... better educational facilities means quality competition but people just want to secure their future without any hard work and having a sky high ego of Jatism.