Thread: I Will Go With Two small Suitcases: Kalam

I Will Go With Two small Suitcases: Kalam

When I was browsing news links this morning, I came accross this article about our beloved President Bharat Ratna Dr.Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam and thought of sharing with members. I delibrately chose to write this thread under the Social Responsibility Section as it conveys a great social message that I am sure touches everyone's life at some point of time. I would like to high light particularly this important Message from the President:

Don't take gifts that come with a purpose and build families with character and good value system. He also qouted Manusmriti in support of this, "by accepting gifts the devine light in the person gets extingushed"

I fully agree with this view and say that many a times gifts influence a persons integrity and honesty. Specially people in public service shouldn't accept gift at all.

At last I would like to say that although our polity has failed to acknowledge its social responsibility by not giving him a second term but he has not. It might be his last official speech but things he said and done during his tennure as President and before should guide India through years to come.
    May God bless him with long and healthy life!

Please o through this and share your views : http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/jul/19prezpoll8.htm

Sateypal
    Last edited by spdeshwal; July 20th, 2007 at 02:22 AM.

Salute to Dr. Abdul Kalam

Among ex-Presidents, only R. Venkataraman is now alive. Ex-Presidents are offered a bungalow in Lutyens Delhi – Venkataraman is also occupying one such bungalow.

Earlier, Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy had shown an example – from Rashtrapati Bhawan, he straightway went to his home town in Andhra Pradesh and never came back to Delhi.

Dr. Abdul Kalam is a living example of simplicity and patriotism. But such nice guys are soon forgotten by masses and politicians.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Any takes on Pratibha Patil? Will she go back to Jalgaon or take a Bunglow(my vote goes for bunglow)?

I really dont get this, why cant we have another Dr. Kalam as our president?

I think to be a president one needs to polish shoes of leading politicians, specially those who are the party leaders. If not president then atleast you would be made a governer.... Shouldnt the system be changed and made truly democratic? I mean common man choosing them?
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

What happens to the divine light when you put the hanging of terrorists in the back burner?

SP Deshwal: Don't take gifts that come with a purpose and build families with character and good value system. He also qouted Manusmriti in support of this, "by accepting gifts the devine light in the person gets extingushed"
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds... Albert Einstien

Dear chhillar Bhai,

Don't you think that Persident is bound by certain convetions and procedures under the current judicial system. Our judicial system is full of loopholes and terrorist or other criminals involved in heinous crimes take advantage of that.
    Even if the judiciary has capability and will to deliver but executive which is full of sycophants and criminals helped by pseudo secularists doesn't allow it tofunction and deliver. Infact President has to rely on the comments from the Home Ministery and he did sent the communique to home minisitey within hours of his office received the mercy appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    Dear chhillar Bhai,

Don't you think that Persident is bound by certain convetions and procedures under the current judicial system. Our judicial system is full of loopholes and terrorist or other criminals involved in heinous crimes take advantage of that.
    Even if the judiciary has capability and will to deliver but executive which is full of sycophants and criminals helped by pseudo secularists doesn't allow it tofunction and deliver. Infact President has to rely on the comments from the Home Ministery and he did sent the communique to home minisitey within hours of his office received the mercy appeal.

Dear Deshwal Ji, Just so you know Supreme Court has already given its decision it is just that he could not collect enough guts to decide on his own.

Also, I am one of the big critics of judicial system in India nevertheless I have faith in Supreme Court of India. SC really means business.

Another point, whether he walks away with two suit cases or more does not mean he has done his job well. Problem with India being a poor country is that it hates those who have money or would like to have money, we counts too much on people who don't have greed for money, tell me how does lack of greed for money guarantees the sincerity and efficiency of a human being for any particular given job. Remeber, there is no harm in making money money as long as you do it lawfully.

I am not trying to despise Kalam as a scientist or a human being either but as a president….. well…unnnnhhh not sure.
    I know loads of people at work and society too who don’t really care about money or material pleasures much but are totally insincere to their work.

For me a person should be sincere about what he is doing beyond that whether he likes to enjoy expensive watches, champagnes or golden bathroom knobs OR two suite cases does not really matter to me.
    Last edited by chhillar; July 25th, 2007 at 11:10 AM.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds... Albert Einstien

Quote Originally Posted by chhillar View Post
    I am not trying to despise Kalam as a scientist or a human being either but as a president….. well…unnnnhhh not sure.
    I know loads of people at work and society too who don’t really care about money or material pleasures much but are totally insincere to their work.

For me a person should be sincere about what he is doing beyond that whether he likes to enjoy expensive watches, champagnes or golden bathroom knobs OR two suite cases does not really matter to me.
    Baat to theek kaho ho Chillar saab ... a person should use his powers and do justice to his chair. There he is for the duties linked to that chair. He could have lead an example and could have brought a new change in the coming presidents also.

Yes, I agree that like TN Sheshan he should have used his powers and not to bend or byepass these corrupt politicians just to avoid them .....

He is a great man and though he is having all in his heart and he knew what the system is lacking and how it can be corrected but he doesnt acted much towards it by fighting the system.

He very well understood that the current generation of politicians is totally corrupt and he always walk towards children to impart good education and teachings, so that the new generation atleast will think in right direction and will be good citizens.

His 2020 vision and joining the rivers etc. were really good thoughts.

http://www.jagran.com/news/details.aspx?id=3557290

He points out to media and asks them to be creative and have following courages:

Courage of Different thought
    Courage of discovering new
    Courage to find new ways
    Courage to fight with problems
    Courage to provide correct information/news

But the problem is that he himself somewhere took the lighter and easier path and avoided any kind of controversies. Though its easy at our level to say these things but this is the way only that our system can be rectified. Sheshan took those hard steps and thats why todays Election commission is this much strong.

Kalam also should have taken strong decisions like ... for the Mohd Afzal case .... he could have openly denied to left it pending ... he should have fought for transparency ... no body knows where that file is and who is the culprit .... it seems that he also indirectly helped that militant to hide behind these loopholes and corrupt politicians. If even after the denial they had passed it then he could have willingly left the chair before his tenure .... telling people the truth and lack of powers even to the first person of country. This would have been krantikari step.

He has powers in this case as it is totally dependent on him ... he could have openly cleared the things to press and people of country that this is the case. These these people are pressuring me and that needs to be returned and that militant must be punished. He didnt did it and took the shortcut of keeping mum.

Chillar saab is right .... he is simple ... he is good scientist ... he is imandar ... but that hardly matters if he havent very well knew his powers and used them for welfare of country being the first person of the country. He lacked somewhere some of the courages that he himself has quoted for media.

Even though, being a person he is highly respectable and he will be remembered for long for his services to the country (not much as president)

For the BJP lovers ...

What was in him when BJP first nominated and elected him?
    What he lost during these years that now BJP have not found him capable as president?

What nonsense and shabby politics is this .... they speak so large about nationality and act like this. ISS HAMAM MEIN SAB NANGE HEIN ....

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    Dear chhillar Bhai,

Satyepal ji, man behlane ke liye galib ye khayal aacha hai ... lekin kahin na kahin phir bhi kasar rahe gae ... mere khayal se being a president he could have brought some transparency atleast in this case .... I have never find any news or link for what he replied to that appeal and whether he has any further powers to go further in this.

Jab SC ne usko saja de di ... president ne mana kar diya ... phir kahan rahe gae wo file ... and why it is not executed till now? Couldnt he asked them for the proceedings as he has rejected? Couldnt he have talked openly and addressed the nation of these kind of lackings in the system. At least transparency should have been there for what happened.

God knows sir but aise to kaam nahi chalega na .... president ne mana kar diya ... er wa file khoogi pher ... ha ha .... to pher koon tooh ke lyavega isne ... kam te kam koe bhala aadmi nue to bata de iss desh ki janta ne ek asal mein huya ke ... kunse department ke chuhe kutarge us ne ... jiste humne nue bera pat jya ek Pani kit mare hai ... yo te wahe baat ho rahi hai .... Hagge aud pe ... jo bhi aave hai ... wohe matti ger jya hai ... ek dikhega na ... kisse ka Panh bharo te bharo ... .... being a president he could have put a board before that S**t that here is the S**t lying ... so beware ... agli be ho sake hai uss gande aadmi ne jo is S**t ne dab rahya hai .,... janta na chun ke bhejti ... eeb to benefit of doubt rahega matdata ne bhi ... er pher te usse gohchi ne MP/MLA bana ke bheje jange ...
    Last edited by jitendershooda; July 25th, 2007 at 03:24 PM.