Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kindly stop closing down the threads in a arbitary manner

Kindly stop closing down the threads in a arbitary manner

I have seen that all of a sudden one of the "Administrators" will make entry out of blue and will say Thread closed because off topic discussion going on.When we discuss things it is bit natural that off topic things too will come in and they are important Massala towards development of the thread.Otherwise be around here to guide the thread in proper direction.This is like as if babies of first standard are being directed to behave in a PARTICULAR MANNER.THIS IS DAMN capricious TO SAY THE LEAST.Latest casualty is the thread "KYA".It is bad for the development of this portal and speaks bad of the manner in which some of the mods behave.This is sickening really.
    Last edited by devdahiya; September 13th, 2007 at 07:06 AM.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to devdahiya For This Useful Post:

sarojchoudhary (January 16th, 2012)

Thumbs up Kya

One Should Be Specific Before Doing Anything
    Or Why He /she Is Doing So?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya View Post
    This is sickening really.
    Agreed. During the posting session on the thread 'KYA' I was at work and then off to bed. Checked it out this morning and it was closed. I wanted to post my views against some others but couldnt as it was already locked. Please stop this ' जिसकी लाठी उसकी भैंस' policy. These "off-topic" posts could be deleted but whats the point in locking the whole thread? We aint polluting the internet environment by posting our views here unless they are sheer outrageous. I have a suggestion for this: When such threads become old (say 5-6months), generate a poll whether to keep that thread on website or not and hence you can save some space by deleting those unwanted threads and remove the poll later on too.

Sir, i agree with you on this but MOderators ko bhi to nayi-nayi cheejein try karney ka mauka milna chahiye....How will they learn HOW TO CLOSE A THREAD IF THEY DONT REALLY CLOSE....and Pannu how many Off-Topic posts can they delete? On-Topic tai hum kadey-kadey batlaya karein:D so closing the Thread is much easier effort....JUST A CLICK AWAY
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Thodi vaar me yu taga bhi or kitte chala jaya gaa :D jaise log aayenge sab apne vichar prakat karenge or fer hum kis bare me vichar ker rahe the iska pata nahi rahega :D:D

Talking

I have seen that all of a sudden one of the "Administrators" will make entry out of blue and will say Thread closed because off topic discussion going on.When we discuss things it is bit natural that off topic things too will come in and they are important Massala towards development of the thread.Otherwise be around here to guide the thread in proper direction.This is like as if babies of first standard are being directed to behave in a PARTICULAR MANNER.THIS IS DAMN capricious TO SAY THE LEAST.Latest casualty is the thread "KYA".It is bad for the development of this portal and speaks bad of the manner in which some of the mods behave.This is sickening really.
    I do agree with you Dev Sahab on this issue...Deliberately closing thread is not the way that shd be tried. One day It may happen that members too banned or deleted...:D

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    Sir, i agree with you on this but MOderators ko bhi to nayi-nayi cheejein try karney ka mauka milna chahiye....How will they learn HOW TO CLOSE A THREAD IF THEY DONT REALLY CLOSE....and Pannu how many Off-Topic posts can they delete? On-Topic tai hum kadey-kadey batlaya karein:D so closing the Thread is much easier effort....JUST A CLICK AWAY

Lolz...So it means our moderators are laymen...ha ha ha...:D

Plz moderators dont ban me for this...:D:D
    Satendra Chaudhary (Vaire)
    "Not everyone can become an Artist, but an artist can come from anywhere"

"Age is not the criteria for being experienced"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Its pathetiic to say the least .
    We do understand the dificluty of moderators if too many threads are there , but policies can be used so that we have less number of threads !
    for example , every new joke in humour section does not deserve a new thread

I request not to foolow the policy of closing things arbitrarily , it just dismotivates people ( especially new members ) from posting and offcourse things are bound to get off topic at times !!!!!!!!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    And it is even more disheartening that moderators fail to have a look at the genuine requests ( i have made one on the humour section ( tau bhartu ka murgi farm ) ) for commenting on the kind of stuff thats going on there.

Though i do appreciate that when i personally reached one of the moderators , i got an response and i was satisfied

Please be a little flexible when it comes to the realms of human emotions and realted things , because at times we do carry forward things which give us instant happiness and fun There is nothing wrong in it , it just prepares the ground work for a better discussion next time

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vivekdh View Post
    Thodi vaar me yu taga bhi or kitte chala jaya gaa :D jaise log aayenge sab apne vichar prakat karenge or fer hum kis bare me vichar ker rahe the iska pata nahi rahega :D:D

But is se yeh to pata chal hi jata hai ke...kaun kaun moderator hai...:D

I think that at least one of the moderator must revert back to this thread...

abhi moderaters aake vo gaana gayene
    meri marzi
    me chahe ye karu me chahae vo karu
    me chahe thread ko lock karu
    me chahe thread ko chaalu rakhu
    meri marzi
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

Respected Dev ji,
    Moderators hardly ever interfere in Timepass/Humor section however off-topic people might go and whatever development the main topic might achieve but in General Talk/Current Affairs forums members are expected to contribute to the discussion rather than making it some funny affair and the main topic gettting lost.

As regards 'Kya', if out of 65 posts more than 50 are Off-topic, what am I expected to do?

regards,
    Bharti.

Quote Originally Posted by bharti View Post
    Respected Dev ji,
    Moderators hardly ever interfere in Timepass/Humor section however off-topic people might go and whatever development the main topic might achieve but in General Talk/Current Affairs forums members are expected to contribute to the discussion rather than making it some funny affair and the main topic gettting lost.

As regards 'Kya', if out of 65 posts more than 50 are Off-topic, what am I expected to do?

regards,
    Bharti.

Aap isse chalte rehnne dette...This was expected out of you Bahu Rani.

Please stop those who are going off topic.

Bharti Ji

Please stop those who are not contributing to the topic if 15 are discussing on the right track is it worth to close the thread ? In my view no. Please let us know the fault of writer of this thread or those who are contributing in the positive manner.

Regards

Respected Dev ji,

regards,
    Bharti.
    WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE.

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

in a democracy, going off-topic is an offence!!!!!! wow...how abut spoon feeding to write on-topic? cn u safeguard 2 buddies exchanges? give us break
    A flask of wine, a book of verse
    And thou beside me, singing in wilderness
    When wilderness is paradise.

Respected Dev ji,

regards,
    Bharti.
    bachi karkaria n jag suraiya write serious issues in a lighter vein n ensemble with miscellaneous things.

ur say madam?
    A flask of wine, a book of verse
    And thou beside me, singing in wilderness
    When wilderness is paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by seemasindhu View Post
    bachi karkaria n jag suraiya write serious issues in a lighter vein n ensemble with miscellaneous things.

ur say madam?

Hey-2......kai orr bi sein.

Smile

Respected Dev ji,

regards,
    Bharti.
    Thanx for reverting here...

Well, none of the members wish to go off the topic deliberately, but it may happen to make the thread a bit interesting and it sometimes adds to develop the interest of the respected members to the thread. But, after few posts the discussion is again on track...

So it accomplishes two objectives synchronously... First one is that thread is prevented from going more murkier and Second one is that Discussion is also carried forward...again on the track !:p

Also, it is written on the Jatland forums list (just below General Talk)..."
    Talk about anything under the sun, not just about Jatland.":D:p...All can see that !

So moderators, HOLD UR NERVES:p...and Just CHILL !:D

Jhi thread pe Madam Sunita Hooda kucch post kar deti hain, woh thread kade bhand nahin hona chaheeye. Woh thread off-topic ho hi nahin sakta. :p

Off-topic ne off-topic kukar kare ko????????

Baaki mein Bharti gailan hun. Sab pacche pad liye uske. Apne Chacha
    ne bhi na baksi.

Bharti nueh line pe laaye ja inn sabh ne. :eek:

Talking What about this Rathee Sahab !

:D
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_rathee View Post
    Jhi thread pe Madam Sunita Hooda kucch post kar deti hain, woh thread kade bhand nahin hona chaheeye. Woh thread off-topic ho hi nahin sakta. :p

Off-topic ne off-topic kukar kare ko????????

Baaki mein Bharti gailan hun. Sab pacche pad liye uske. Apne Chacha
    ne bhi na baksi.

Bharti nueh line pe laaye ja inn sabh ne. :eek:
    Wellllllll....Rahtee Jii,

Following is the one of your posts (eventually I got this in a Closed Thread "LOVE")...where a serious issue was raised by one of the respected members...So u reverted this way...at one point of time

":D :D :D I propose Vinod set up a training institute for Jat boys!!!!

(Vinod you edited the best part, man!!! Really cracked me up..)"

Now Respected Rathee Sahab, Could you Please Justify that why this message of yours not to be tagged as OFF-TRACK message or Post?

Bharti Ji, thoda Rathee Sahab ko bhi line par laiye...Marg Darshan Kijiye inka bhi...:D...Shayad beech me line bhool jate hain :D...:p

Plz be cool, as this is only my reply to your post...And I m waiting ...

Quote Originally Posted by vairesatendra View Post
    :D

Now Respected Rathee Sahab, Could you Please Justify that why this message of yours not to be tagged as OFF-TRACK message or Post?

Bharti Ji, thoda Rathee Sahab ko bhi line par laiye...Marg Darshan Kijiye inka bhi...:D...Shayad beech me line bhool jate hain :D...:p

Plz be cool, as this is only my reply to your post...And I m waiting ...

:D:D:eek:

"Rathee sahab" tae sae eh saara off-track. Kade on-track hoya eh kona.
    Bahota nae on-track lyaan ka poora haanga lya liya lekin thori haan
    mein pher nyuh-ka-nyuh.

Jib-eh tae mein ghana post karta koni...na tae saari thread bhand hon laag ja saen. :p:p