Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anti-virus software

Thumbs up Avira

i am using Avira... i found it very good. user friendly.. regular updates (though a bit slow updating) and Free for personal use.
    I have used Avast also... but i will recommend Avira. u can check it here
    http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html

antivirus Software

Dana Ram Choudhary Ji, Any free antivirus software can not be useful for ur laptop, u should purchase a licenced software so that u can get proper updates for it.

Free is always free

PC security

I have been using Avast for last 2 years, no issues so far.
    With it, I have used an antispyware(SUPERAntispyware), which I feel is very important.

Whenever your system gets infected from a virus, download a program hijackthis and take its output. Now paste this output in your thread on some tech blog website. Someone definitely comes to your rescue. Any virus, first of all, attacks your registry entries and that's when the trouble starts. hijackthis takes note of defected entries.

Even FREE is LEGAL !

For a home user, it doesn't make a sense to purchase a license. Because, almost every company offers a free home version for its anti-virus and it is purely legal when you use this free & unlicensed software. Licensed products generally are for an organisation or for commercial use. Best option is, download the home version from the company's website only.

Even home versions of anti-virus softwares keep updating 'emselves as soon as you connect to internet. All you are left with is, install those updates.

Quote Originally Posted by pawankumar View Post
    Dana Ram Choudhary Ji, Any free antivirus software can not be useful for ur laptop, u should purchase a licenced software so that u can get proper updates for it.

Free is always free

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    http://free.avg.com/download-avg-ant...s-free-edition

i am using AVG antivirus and i find it very nice it is very light, so no impact on speed and updates automatically . I think you can try this
    i also suggest AVG antivirus
    Er. sudhesh bola
    Keep Believing in Yourself and Your Dreams

Best Antivirus in its class

Hi All,

Any one concerning about having the best antivirus. Well the one you could find is Kaspersky Antivirus 7.0. Though its not free, Yet it is the best for any who want to have perfect peace of mind.