Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Game : Australia Vs India

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

I partially agree with you; I was refering to playing to the situation!

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif View Post
    I think the meaning of phrase “It is the War our there” has been understood wrongly. If a literally meaning of this phrase is implemented then it does not remain the sports and looses the very charm of it. I also told my players that “ There are no rewards for Runners Up” but runners up do get rewards. Another slogan that we used is “Winner takes it all”, that does not mean that the Winner takes all Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. The game needs to be played in the spirit of it and for entertaining the spectators....................
    It's all in one's perspective & what satisfies you. I'm all up for "playing and winning fair & square" and "The better (team) on the day wins" but I'm also against letting the opposition take you for a ride!

What my coach & I meant by "It's a war out there (on the field)" is:

1) Winning is everything! You play to win.

2) It's not for entertainment. If you want entertainment, get into the stands or play in your own backyard.

3) You strategize & counter strategize as per the situation on the day, on the field but your objective is to win & only win.
    [Ex: If the ref's decides to play for the home/other team, you elevate your own game that you beat the opposition & in that situation the opposition includes the bloody ref.; If the opposition plays rough, physical you do the same. Else they will break your legs and all you will win is sympathy. I don't play for sympathy!)]

4) In today's world, the sportsmanship has been redefined to off field tactics or when the whistle goes off - You're friends again! But when on the field, the only friend's you've got are your team mates.
    [Ex: If you must need to commit a foul you do it. It's called a professional foul. It doesn't matter if you broke his legs or broke your own for the cause. For sportsmanship - You always shake hands & buddy up off the field. I've experienced this & have been on the recieving end too. This is understood worldwide now. If you still wish to ignore it under the pretext of the old school of thinking, you will only end up on the recieving side - bruised & bruised badly.]

There's a lot more to it why it's a war on the field but to keep the thread short, i'll put down one last & important one.....

5) Like in a war you dont wait for your enemy to shoot & miss, it'd be foolish to allow your opponent to draw first blood. 'Cuz if you're doing so you're throwing yourself to his & luck's mercy, expecting them to miss. What if they dont?

Doesn't this take us back to strategy?

In the context of the Ind vs Aus game, we were fools & are paying the price for being on the backfoot allowing the Aussies to draw first blood, despite knowing that they will always be up to something!

In the end, maybe I'm wrong. May be. But, I only play offense. The only way I know of winning is to score more goals than your opponent else you'd either lose or draw - both are not the options one should focus on. The objective is to WIN! <I play football >

The difference between the sport & the war is you socialize - shake hands & become friends (new/again) or whatever, once the final whistle goes off. That's what's left of the sportsman's spirit.

How many really remember Courtney Walsh for ending up on the losing side for showing the spirit in 1987? or How many really question the greatness of Maradona for the "Hand of God"?

My point is when one remembers the winners - for ex: of the World Cup 2006, they will not always blame the Italians for the head-butt controvercy against the French. The Italians will only be remembered as the side that lifted the covetted trophy!!!

Last edited by asuhag; January 10th, 2008 at 03:59 PM.

aussie cricket ethics: buffaloe nationalism-love cricket and play war.

a joke from me:

Procter: you called symonds monkey?
    bhajji: i admit i am a surd, but i have ability to discern not to call a marsupial a monkey
    A flask of wine, a book of verse
    And thou beside me, singing in wilderness
    When wilderness is paradise.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by seemasindhu View Post
    aussie cricket ethics: buffaloe nationalism-love cricket and play war.

a joke from me:

bhajji: i admit i am a surd, but i have ability to discern not to call a marsupial a monkey
    please don't mind mam...

...but joke thoda sa tough tha..
    FIGHT FOR A BRIGHTER INDIA

Quote Originally Posted by seemasindhu View Post
    A joke from me:

...Hmmmm! Well Seema, your joke inspired me to go ahead and try and think of one too...
    But I am expressing it here for everyone in the only way I prefer I can- By going totally visual in the form of A Cartoon!

Go ahead, click on the attachment below! :D:rolleyes:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bhajji and Symonds.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	2496  
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

LOL ! Awesome !

I should take it to the next test match in Perth !
    My way or my way ?

Thumbs up Excellent !

Excellent work, Shail

Your cartoons are always a pleasure to look upon.
    So realistic and stirical when we read them .... i mean what they say

PS : How can I ever forget that CCJW ( hope you got it ), the best cartoon from you so far. I still laugh whenever i remember that fantastic piece of work :D
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Thanks!

Yup, I had a lot of fun myself sketching this one... The best part was when trying to make Symonds look like a langur always on Bhajji's back!!!...

(I had even thought of just having Bhajji say, "Can't get this Monkey off my back!"... )

Gagan, Perth aale match mein to le jaa, but if they come after you for any reasons... remember: I don't know you! HAHAHA! :D

Vijay, I remember the Computer chair warriors very well, who knows maybe I shall have to resurrect it one of these days, considering we are getting a whole slew of them these days on jatland! :rolleyes::D
    Last edited by shailendra; January 12th, 2008 at 01:53 AM.
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Bhajji was playing well...very well....best bowler....

Sehwag in 3rd Aussie Test?

Virender Sehwag (113) struck a scintillating century on the third and final day of the practice match against ACT XI here to push his candidature for the third Test in Perth, beginning next week. :D

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus...0801121040.htm

Jaffer out, Sehwag in.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    Vijay, I remember the Computer chair warriors very well, who knows maybe I shall have to resurrect it one of these days, considering we are getting a whole slew of them these days on jatland! :rolleyes::D

Exactly...... that's what i was thinking about .

I wonder if you ever released that cartoon in Australia or somehow Ricky & company visited jatland as guests, as Aussies seems inspired by the enthu and team spirit of those warriors .... on and off the playground
    Last edited by vijay; January 12th, 2008 at 07:59 PM.

Smile

Here comes the gud news .... Sehwag is back in business

Inspite of all this on and off ground action Cricket is still alive. No matter how Aussie team is pretending to stand firm on their point of views but deep down they are at backfoot right now. Time to attack and Sehwag is the key, who can demolish Aussie pride within a couple of hours. Spare Yuvraj for some romantic duets :rolleyes: while Sehwag take on the Aussies. Dravid is handling the cherry gracefully at his own place. No confusion about rest of the squad ..... i suppose

Login to view details.
    I would Kumble needs to show some offensive strategies !!

Open with Sehwag.

I am a purist when it comes to cricket , but this time i wont mind a Dhoni coming in at 3 , the max he has contributed is nothing basically . Ask him to virtually slog.

Replace Yuvi with jaffer or karthik. i would prefer jaffer.

anything on stumps , hit out !! ( No cutting the ball ) !! just play in front of wicket shots !!! slogging , cross batted.

And i wish they can win the toss and put some 200 runs in a flash !!!!

That will put aussies in nice shape.

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra;158785
    [B
    Gagan[/B], Perth aale match mein to le jaa, but if they come after you for any reasons... remember: I don't know you! HAHAHA! :D

Badde bhai !
    Koi dikkat ae konya!
    Aaapnae jisse 2-4 Jat team mai bharti karle BCCI aale
    tai inki sari problem ae na solve ho ja !
    My way or my way ?

Thode dhayan te bhai Gagan,

Saale saare ke saare Langooran ki ddaal Khir-khier karte haande sein, kade tere late paad giren!

Bahoot bhadiya cartoon bhai Guhandee!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    anything on stumps , hit out !! ( No cutting the ball ) !! just play in front of wicket shots !!! slogging , cross batted.

And i wish they can win the toss and put some 200 runs in a flash !!!!

That way, they certainly will. Only, the score will be 200 all out just after lunch!

Just to jog your memory, a similar thing happened at the MCG in 2003-04; Sehwag raced away to 195 in not time. Soon as he was out, India crumbled, posting just 360-odd in their first innings. The tourists got some real-time thrashing from the Aussies in the match.

I still believe that Sehwag should slog, that's the only way he plays. But to ask Jaffer and others to come and try running amok, that will be suicidal.

Suprising you may find it, but Sehwag blazing at the top doesn't always help. The aforementioned innings was not the only time where the Delhi bat played a big innings and still India lost. In 2005, he scored 201 against Pakistan in Bangalore only to end up on the losing side.

My take is: everyone should have his task cut out. Jaffer must play the way he plays. Mind you it's the unforgiving WACA track. Shaun Tait and Brett Lee are literally going to keep the Indians on their toes, with the ball shaping in to their throat and helmet in no time after hitting the deck!
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!

Login to view details.

India mein muft ki advice...

Everyone loves to play the coach!:rolleyes:

No harm until Gary Kirsten comes and takes charge.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by kabir View Post
    That way, they certainly will. Only, the score will be 200 all out just after lunch!

Just to jog your memory, a similar thing happened at the MCG in 2003-04; Sehwag raced away to 195 in not time. Soon as he was out, India crumbled, posting just 360-odd in their first innings. The tourists got some real-time thrashing from the Aussies in the match.

I still believe that Sehwag should slog, that's the only way he plays. But to ask Jaffer and others to come and try running amok, that will be suicidal.

Suprising you may find it, but Sehwag blazing at the top doesn't always help. The aforementioned innings was not the only time where the Delhi bat played a big innings and still India lost. In 2005, he scored 201 against Pakistan in Bangalore only to end up on the losing side.

My take is: everyone should have his task cut out. Jaffer must play the way he plays. Mind you it's the unforgiving WACA track. Shaun Tait and Brett Lee are literally going to keep the Indians on their toes, with the ball shaping in to their throat and helmet in no time after hitting the deck!

I guess i only mentioned about Dhoni , I am not asking Dravid and co to slog.

I remmeber what happened at MCG last time , but that was not because we slaughtered aussies on the first day , but beacuse we batted poorly after Sehwag's blazing innings.

I am only asking strokemakes and poor technicians ( i count Sehwag , Ganguly , Dhoni , Yuvi in this category ) to blaze out keeping in mind that when they do take offensive strategies , generally they succeed.

Smile

Time to move on - Kumble !

India withdraw charge against Hogg after a meeting between Kumble and Ponting while Harbhajan's case will be decided after the series.

Sportsmanship or Diplomacy (throwing the ball into Aussie court) ?

One-liner

Inspired by a fellow Jlander, known for her penchant for one-liners, I've come up with mine, in Hindi albeit, for the Kumble's (or was it the BCCI's?) move:

थूक कर चाटना!
    Last edited by kabir; January 15th, 2008 at 03:27 PM.