Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Game : Australia Vs India

Unhappy Sehwag is out

sehwag is out aftr 29 i guess its better than Yuvi's 2 runs :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by satveer41 View Post
    sehwag is out aftr 29 i guess its better than Yuvi's 2 runs :rolleyes:
    Indian team nae kehna padega; maka 'gaali-galauch' aer susri ball nae bhoole paache, apna balla tha khud es andi Brett Lee nae hi seedha maro! :rolleyes: Bhaiyee re Na rahega baans na bajegee bansuri! :D

Aer kahun bhi kae....Bera na kae baat sai, aadhe time to ennae uski ball aanti hi konya deekhti!
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

I am not a great fan of Sehwag but his presence does make a difference in the performance of the Indian team.

First two test matches you saw Dravid crawl at a snails pace and try and block everything. He had his mind made up that he was going to block all deliveries. When this happens the bowler gets his tail up and has no fear of being hit and now instead of worrying about his line and length he starts to experiment. You see the variations, the stares and the speed goes up as well. This is exactly what happened in the first two matches.

On the other hand when his poor deliveries are being hit and even some good ones are going for runs, he begins to think more about his line and length. It is all about the approach and it was sehwag's approach during the last tour that put the Australians on the back foot and we could see it here again. He might not have scored as many runs but the impact of the brief innings was huge.

It is the same approach you see the Australians using all the time and it is nice to see someone take the same aggressive approach in the Indian team as well.
    I would engage you in a battle of wits but I refuse to duel with an unarmed person.

Thumbs up Ooooops ..... they done it really !

Indians punched hard on Aussie pride ... an exclusive victory.

Well done Team India.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    yups i am proud of them and also proud that they played the game and dropping all charges and stopping crying was just to make everyone feel they will do the talking on the field !!!

And i agree with Amit , positive play surs each one !

And i count Sehwag and Pathan in these categories , they make all others to be in high spirits !

Well done team India !

And above all , this again proves ki jab tak sir pe danda na ho , india team kuch nahi karti !!! :D

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by amitchhikara View Post
    I am not a great fan of Sehwag but his presence does make a difference in the performance of the Indian team.
    Me too.... but you are right here that Sehwag's presence makes a difference ( whether he is in form or not ). He played a short life at crease but that started the phenomenon while others make sure to continue that till end.

Who want to forget that Sehwag can do some jugglery with a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by amitchhikara View Post
    First two test matches you saw Dravid crawl at a snails pace and try and block everything. He had his mind made up that he was going to block all deliveries. This is exactly what happened in the first two matches.
    Dravid is the best test player India have in present scenario provided the fact that he must be used at right place and right time.

Sehwag, Sehwag, Sehwag, Sehwag...the man brings a confidence that this team severly lacked.

Login to view details.
    I will have my money on Indians in Adelaide !!!!

Sehwag is due , so is jaffer and dhoni , ( as per law of averages , they need to score some runs ) and batting looks more stable after pathan is in !

and as vijay said , my favo dravid will again grind the aussies !!!!

looks very positive for team india !

aussies will try to come out hard but they really dont have that much class they used to have !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    and as vijay said , my favo dravid will again grind the aussies !!!!

My favourite ....... Dravid

Being a class player, having an exceptional team spirit ( everybody knows his sacrifices for the team .... except haters ) and a gentleman.
    Last edited by vijay; January 19th, 2008 at 10:03 PM.

Login to view details.
    WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN 4th test after Dravid , saurav & laxman being droped from ODI TEAM.

ANDYJAT

Quote Originally Posted by andyjat View Post
    WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN 4th test after Dravid , saurav & laxman being droped from ODI TEAM.
    BCCI never seems comfortable unless a few players have sleepless nights.:rolleyes:

Login to view details.
    While their seems some logic in their decision (as told by TOI), i quite didnt understand leaving out Ganguly despite his fantastic performance of late.

Anyhow, BCCI is known for their screw ups & bad management. They should've atleast witheld the decision until the final tests. It's likely to deflate some of those players and can have an impact on the outcome of the test.

I think It is Fair! Team Selection for ODI

I think it is a fair selection. Firstly, the Captain has the team he wanted. Ganguly as a Captain always insited on the team he wanted and more often than not got it. So, he should not have disappointment about being dropped if the Captain did not want him.

Having slow runners between the wicket specially when the grounds are big and boundries are hard to come by, is like fighting a battle with one hand tied at the back. Similarly, a long chase in bigger grounds will help in preventing the boundries and the players who can perform that would be better suited for the game.

Fielding is an essential part of any professional team in ODI. I think it is a good step in right direction. The only problem is No 3 position in the team. Gautam Gambhir is likely to get that position. When you compare him with the former No3 players like Dravid or Laxman, I think the gap is too much both on techniques as well as temprament. Let us hope he matures at this position. I would prefer Robin Uthappa at that position or Sachin coming down at No 3. However Sachin's preference of opening is well known and I don't think any one would like to change that. My choice of playing 11 would be as under:

Sehwag
    Tendulkar
    Uthappa/ Rohit Sharma
    Suresh Raina
    Yuvraj
    Dhoni
    Pathan/Rohit Sharma
    Harbhajan/Chawla
    R P Singh/ Praveen Kumar
    Sreesanth/ Praveen Kumar
    Ishant Sharma/ Praveen Kumar
    12th Man: Dinesh Karthik

Actually, I would like to give a fairly good run to Rohit Sharma.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Sorry Sir !

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif View Post
    I think it is a fair selection. Firstly, the Captain has the team he wanted.
    Azharuddin needed some followers to execute his 'ideas'.

I wonder if a player needs just a Captains nod to stay in team instead of his performance on field.

Having slow runners between the wicket specially when the grounds are big
    Pitch length remains the same everywhere ....

I think it is a good step in right direction. The only problem is No 3 position in the team. Gautam Gambhir is likely to get that position. When you compare him with the former No3 players like Dravid or Laxman, I think the gap is too much both on techniques as well as temprament.
    Gautam Gambhir is a nice player but can't be compared with class of Dravid.... instead i see Robin Uthappa much mature than him at every place

Sehwag
    Tendulkar
    Uthappa/ Rohit Sharma
    Suresh Raina
    Yuvraj
    Dhoni
    Pathan/Rohit Sharma
    Harbhajan/Chawla
    R P Singh/ Praveen Kumar
    Sreesanth/ Praveen Kumar
    Ishant Sharma/ Praveen Kumar
    12th Man: Dinesh Karthik

Actually, I would like to give a fairly good run to Rohit Sharma.
    Rohit Sharma is a good bet but don't you think that Suresh Raina is given much importance..... performing in 2 matches out of 20 must not be considered as a criteria .... i suppose

Let's not talk about Yuvraj and his attitude problems ( previously Sehwag .... typical Jat mentality )
    Last edited by vijay; January 23rd, 2008 at 12:17 AM.

considering out of form Yuvraj, Dhoni and inexperienced Raina, Uthapa and Rohit, we do not have a very strong batting lineup. bowling looks ok. but most of the ODI's are won by the batsman and not the bowlers.

Lets hope Yuvraj and Dhoni will regain their confidence before the one day series starts and the new players will be able to adjust themselves according to the conditions there in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Azharuddin needed some followers to execute his 'ideas'.

I wonder if a player needs just a Captains nod to stay in team instead of his performance on field.

Off course the performance on the field is the first thing. The question is, if the two players are bringing two different things to the table, the Captain should be able to pick one that suits his plans.

Pitch length remains the same everywhere ....
    Thus when the ground is big a faster player will run 3 and not 1. If the ground is small, then off course one would be aiming to get 4 every time.

Gautam Gambhir is a nice player but can't be compared with class of Dravid.... instead i see Robin Uthappa much mature than him at every place

In the shorter version of the game, Uthappa does bring the ability to accelerate the run rate.

Rohit Sharma is a good bet but don't you think that Suresh Raina is given much importance..... performing in 2 matches out of 20 must not be considered as a criteria .... i suppose

Suresh Raina is extremely talented player and had played some useful knocks in the short career he has had so far. He was shown the door when not performing, which was fair. He has worked hard and has come back on performance.
    Let's not talk about Yuvraj and his attitude problems ( previously Sehwag .... typical Jat mentality )
    I think, fielding in the shorter version of the game is as important as batting and bowlings are.

When we are looking at fast paced cricket, light feet are always a bonus.

I remember Gavaskar scoring 33 not out in 60 Overs in the first World Cup India participated.

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Let us give Chance to youth

Quote Originally Posted by arunshamli View Post
    considering out of form Yuvraj, Dhoni and inexperienced Raina, Uthapa and Rohit, we do not have a very strong batting lineup. bowling looks ok. but most of the ODI's are won by the batsman and not the bowlers.

Lets hope Yuvraj and Dhoni will regain their confidence before the one day series starts and the new players will be able to adjust themselves according to the conditions there in Australia.
    I think it is a misnormer that these young people are not as good as the stalwarts are. Remember all these stalwarts were also young at the start of their career. This reminds me of one of my favorite songs from Movie "Samjhauta" (I never saw the movie though)

Jo aaj hain mashoor kal woh bhi the naye
    Ek mauka jo mila to woh age badh gaye
    Mauka naye khoon ko agar diya na jayega
    Kala mein nayapan kahan se aa payege?

And we have just seen a famous victory scripted by young bowling attack of R P Singh, Pathan and Ishant Sharma. Who could have thought of it before the game?

I think on their day, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina and Uthappa could be as effective as Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman. In any case these players are plus 30-40 runs when they enter the field purely on their fielding as against the players they are replacing.

I will put my money on youth. I am sure they would do well. In a competition, the biggest force multiplier is the "Surprise" factor. More effectively a captain uses it, better would it be for the team's success.

Sreesanth on the other hand should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his bowling.

I had been talking about inclusion of Sehwag in the test team inspite of him being out of form. I am happy to see him play and do well. Look at the confidence it brings to the team and discomfort to the opposition.

Login to view details.
    Sorry but even after being a big fan of Raina's fielding , i ddont bet on his batting abilities.

Rohit Sharma is a good bet from whatever he has shown.

Sehwag
    Tendulkar
    Gambhir ( he is maturing by the day )
    Yuvraj
    Dhoni
    Rohit Sharma
    Utthappa
    Irfan Pathan
    Harbhajan
    RP Singh
    Ishant / SreeSanth

And i would make sure i bowl tendulkar , yuvraj ( not the slog overs though , sehwag , sharma ( if he can bowl , he can i guess ) consistently and fill up at least 15 - 20 overs per match. Sehwag being the most bowled as he is a good bowler , underutilized till now i guess.

...the funniest and the most laughable thing is that after Australia's loss to India in Perth (aer mannae bera sai ya baat isleye hui hogee kyunkae Gagan mera cartoon ude le kar ke gaya tha! :rolleyes... there has already been much talk in the cricketing circles that it was really due to the fact that"The Australians were not playing in their usual 'aggressive' nature after the Sydney fiasco!" ?????????????....
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Sehwag Reinvented

Finally, Sehwag got to his form. The good thing has been that he has scored his first century in second innings on the 5th day wicket. This should be a befitting reply to his distractors. He has shown the maturity and played for the team's cause under extreme pressure. His depature early would have meant a victory for Australia. He kept the innings together when his more distinguished and technically perfect collegues fell apart.

Congratulations to Sehwag. I hope his run of form continues for a very long time because with famous four inching towards retirement, he would have to take on a lot of responsibilities. My suggestion to Sehwag would be to let his bat do most of the talking.

Truely, I thought he deserved the "Man of the Match" award for his 151 and 63 and 2 wickets.

Let us hope he fires in one day series as well.