Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Game : Australia Vs India

Thumbs up Totally Agree !

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif View Post
    Truely, I thought he deserved the "Man of the Match" award for his 151 and 63 and 2 wickets.
    He is the Real Man of the Match without any doubt.

I had seen many a times where bigger name being declared as Man of the Match and the real and decisive performer were neglected .

Sehwag's extra Half century and 2 wickets (as compared to Tendulkar ) says all and who don't want to admire his standalone inning of 151 when famous Indian Batsman were in a hurry to take comfortable seats in the pavalion
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    He is the Real Man of the Match without any doubt.

I had seen many a times where bigger name being declared as Man of the Match and the real and decisive performer were neglected .

Sehwag's extra Half century and 2 wickets (as compared to Tendulkar ) says all and who don't want to admire his standalone inning of 151 when famous Indian Batsman were in a hurry to take comfortable seats in the pavalion

Well i would try to bring you back to the Kolkata 2001 test , and Laxman was given the MOM instead of Harbhajan , because its important who sets up the game.

Sachin set up the game on the first day , we all know , anything less than 500 in Adelaide in first innings would have been bad.
    I would not say Sehwag didnt deserved it , but it was a 50-50 take with Sachins inning giving the confidence to all !

You take out Sachin's innings, you are still left with something; You take out Sehwag's innings, you're left with nothing. Sehwag's innings was the difference between a draw and a defeat.

I like what Indian Express said about Viru: 'Sehwag on his day can keep the Aussies at bay'.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Sachin set up the game on the first day , we all know , anything less than 500 in Adelaide in first innings would have been bad.
    I would not say Sehwag didnt deserved it , but it was a 50-50 take with Sachins inning giving the confidence to all !
    Exactly
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

We as fans are fighting over who Man of the Match should have been. Ok. But who are we?? What about the players involved? What if they too argue the way we are doing here. Can we expect the unity in team then? Such awards don't really matter(unless ur a debutant) and should not be fought over for. Period.

Thanks,
    Sumit

Profession and Money

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    We as fans are fighting over who Man of the Match should have been. Ok. But who are we?? What about the players involved? What if they too argue the way we are doing here. Can we expect the unity in team then? Such awards don't really matter(unless ur a debutant) and should not be fought over for. Period.

Thanks,
    Sumit
    Dear Mr. Sumit,

While, the players in dressing room may or may not be discussing the issue, one would think that the affected player would definitely be thinking about it, since it affects them professionally and more importantly "Financially".

The man of the match award is not a simple cup/trophy, I guess it also comes with a check. Further more award one has, he is likely to have his rates in advertising going up. In any case it is a thing to be proud off and does become a precious pieced of your Drawing Room.

There is no doubt, Sachin did play a wonderful innings, but I feel Sehwag did a wonderful all round job. His 151 in second innings was precious for getting a draw result. His 63 in the first inning was as crucial as Sachin's 153. And how can we ignore the two important wicket he got, whereas team's more distinguished and accomplished off spinner did not get even one.

So on "one on one" basis, probably his case was much stronger.

I think the psychology of not likely to see Sachin playing on that ground hereafter might have to do some thing for decision. Any way it was a wonderful performance.

And by the way, no one is fighting here. People have their views on the subject based on their own logic. We all see the things with different perception.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Dear Sir,

I am still unsure if it really affects them 'financially'. Secondly, I doubt the players perform on field thinking that better performance would help them achieve earn more through advertisements. I mean, come on, they are there to play and they just play. And, believe me, no sports-person likes to lose. Money would be the last thing they would think about while on ground.

Wish they both had shared the award. But then another one would have said why not me. :-)

As you rightly said Sir, we all have different perceptions.

Thanks,
    Sumit

Dear Mr. Sumit,

While, the players in dressing room may or may not be discussing the issue, one would think that the affected player would definitely be thinking about it, since it affects them professionally and more importantly "Financially".

The man of the match award is not a simple cup/trophy, I guess it also comes with a check. Further more award one has, he is likely to have his rates in advertising going up. In any case it is a thing to be proud off and does become a precious pieced of your Drawing Room.

There is no doubt, Sachin did play a wonderful innings, but I feel Sehwag did a wonderful all round job. His 151 in second innings was precious for getting a draw result. His 63 in the first inning was as crucial as Sachin's 153. And how can we ignore the two important wicket he got, whereas team's more distinguished and accomplished off spinner did not get even one.

So on "one on one" basis, probably his case was much stronger.

I think the psychology of not likely to see Sachin playing on that ground hereafter might have to do some thing for decision. Any way it was a wonderful performance.

And by the way, no one is fighting here. People have their views on the subject based on their own logic. We all see the things with different perception.

I think it is a misnormer that these young people are not as good as the stalwarts are. Remember all these stalwarts were also young at the start of their career. This reminds me of one of my favorite songs from Movie "Samjhauta" (I never saw the movie though)
    I might be wrong but I still feel that we do not have enough batsman to play for 50 overs in the current team.
    Last edited by arunshamli; February 1st, 2008 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arunshamli View Post
    I might be wrong but I still feel that we do not have enough batsman to play for 50 overs in the current team.
    What are you talking about, Arun! I am sure you would like to reassess your statement. After watching today's game, I feel we don't have enough batsmen to play out even 20 overs.

I find this carving for youngsters completely bullsh*t. Hayden is about to turn 37 and he's still a vital cog in Australia's One-day scheme of things.

Comeon folks, this aint boxing, athletics or tennis where if you are over 30, you are over the hill.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!

Quote Originally Posted by kabir View Post
    What are you talking about, Arun! I am sure you would like to reassess your statement. After watching today's game, I feel we don't have enough batsmen to play out even 20 overs.

I find this carving for youngsters completely bullsh*t. Hayden is about to turn 37 and he's still a vital cog in Australia's One-day scheme of things.

Comeon folks, this aint boxing, athletics or tennis where if you are over 30, you are over the hill.
    ha..hhhaaa...you are right Kabir.

As I said in one of my earlier post, Yuvraj and Dhoni both are completely out of form. and leaving Lakshman, Ganguly and Dravid out of the squad, we are are left with two quality batsman only. Sachin and Sehwag and may be Pathan up to some extent. I agreed some of the older players are not great fielder but they are great batsman. and I think they were definitely needed against very good bowling attack of Srilanka and Australia. These young players may do well in fielding( I am not sure about that either?) but as far as the batting is concerned most of them fall in 20-30 range, which is not enough.

Transcript of the Case (Harbhajan V Symonds)

"Mine is a peaceful religion, I will kill you if you insult it"

Maybe you are right Kabir. But, in my opinion, T20 ain't for the 'Indian' 37s or 38s. The shortest version of the game is in its nascent stage and even though it is not going to grow at the rate ODI grew, and we need to groom youngsters for it. Obviously, we are wrong if we expect them to win all the matches they play. Just that we were outplayed comprehensively today.

Let's understand that the players never play to lose. And they are the best in India.

Just my opinion,
    Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by kabir View Post

Let's not forget that these 'old' experienced players too were given a chance in their 'young' early days. We need to make the upcoming players responsible too. And that's exactly how one experiences.
    By the way, I was equally amazed when Dravid and Ganguly were 'thrown' (that is the word) out. But then, now that has happened, let's not crib about it. And, I do have faith in the youngsters for I believe that they are no less talented. It is just a matter of confidence. Ofcourse, talent is inborn but also it can be learned with sheer determination and hard work. Had this not been true we would still have had Kambli's services. As per their coach Mr. Ramakant Achrekar, Kambli was way superior than Sachin in terms of talent. But Sachin kept working hard and reached where he is today. Kambli, everyone knows, thought he was born-master and paid the price of complacency.

Thanks,
    Sumit

Thanks,
    Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by arunshamli View Post
    ha..hhhaaa...you are right Kabir.

As I said in one of my earlier post, Yuvraj and Dhoni both are completely out of form. and leaving Lakshman, Ganguly and Dravid out of the squad, we are are left with two quality batsman only. Sachin and Sehwag and may be Pathan up to some extent. I agreed some of the older players are not great fielder but they are great batsman. and I think they were definitely needed against very good bowling attack of Srilanka and Australia. These young players may do well in fielding( I am not sure about that either?) but as far as the batting is concerned most of them fall in 20-30 range, which is not enough.
    Last edited by sumitsehrawat; February 1st, 2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

Peet lo ne pakad ke in dedda ne!

These were the words of a furious Jatni after watching the dismal performance of the Indian team yesterday at MCG Melbourne
    Only consolation was that at least ten Jat families were seen after the Deewali get together.

Cheers!
    Last edited by spdeshwal; February 2nd, 2008 at 04:42 AM.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    These were the words of a furious Jatni after watching the dismal performance of the Indian team yesterday at MCG Melbourne
    Only consolation was that at least ten Jat families were seen after the Deewali get together.

Cheers!

ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

nice one !!!!

it happens mostly with my father as well , when idian team plays poorly , he is like :

mere susraan ke baski kimai bhi koni :D

regarding the argument of man of match , i really believe , it is not that important for the players of that 1 man of match award , I still think , first inning 151 is more impressive, as it sets up the game !!! Sehwag really played well , and i would not have minded if he would have got MOM , but i dont mind if sachin got it !!

regaridng the young vs old brigade !! i really believe indian cricket is not that organised in this sense , there should be a sensible mix , i would always want dravid , laxman , ganguly with the team , invaluable experience , they are like second to a coach when it comes for a youngster !!!

but the idea should be to keep rotating , we focus too much on the hypes , if each player plays 80 % of times , we can have 125 % of team , i.e 15*1.25 = 19 players and then it makes more sense to do away with one senior with one youngster at a time.

just something totally different , lachhu ( laxman ) should always be in against aussies , whether it is test , 50 over , 20-20 !!:D He is so good against australia !!! :D:p

Thumbs up

Had this not been true we would still have had Kambli's services. As per their coach Mr. Ramakant Achrekar, Kambli was way superior than Sachin in terms of talent. But Sachin kept working hard and reached where he is today. Kambli, everyone knows, thought he was born-master and paid the price of complacency.

Sharjah Cricket Ground. Semi-final was India Vs Australia. India batting second and 1-2 overs left ( sorry can't remember exactly ) while India needed 22 runs. Shane Warne just got a wicket on first delivery of his fresh over. Next batsman was Vinod kambli. Kambli arrived at crease and took guard. Next five deliveries from Warne to Kambli and the result was 6,6,4,4,2 and match was over. Could Sachin show something like that EVER.

You are right that Kambli was far superior than Sachin but he was thrown out without any reason even when he was performing good. It was 1996 world Cup Semi-final match ( against Sri Lanka ... if i remember correctly ), when crowd became mad Kambli was at crease and playing well. The match was stopped and sri Lankan were declared winners. Kambli was into tears because match was lost without 'playing' it completely. Selectors throwed him out because of weak personality ( read his tears ). Was that weak personality or a regret that Indian fans accepted ( and reacted ) the defeat much before the result. Kambli's love for game ( for India ) was shaken at that time. He tried hard to came out of that. Rest selector played in and out game with him later on and a great player retired predatedly with an ordinary profile.
    Last edited by vijay; February 4th, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

Well, I think Sachin can still better that 6,6,4,4,2 against Murali if Warne is unavailable. Of what I know Kambli's talent was appreciated throughout India but he lacked discipline. Anyways...

Thanks,
    Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Sharjah Cricket Ground. Semi-final was India Vs Australia. India batting second and 1-2 overs left ( sorry can't remember exactly ) while India needed 22 runs. Shane Warne just got a wicket on first delivery of his fresh over. Next batsman was Vinod kambli. Kambli arrived at crease and took guard. Next five deliveries from Warne to Kambli and the result was 6,6,4,4,2 and match was over. Could Sachin show something like that EVER.

You are right that Kambli was far superior than Sachin but he was thrown out without any reason even when he was performing good. It was 1996 world Cup Semi-final match ( against Sri Lanka ... if i remember correctly ), when crowd became mad Kambli was at crease and playing well. The match was stopped and sri Lankan were declared winners. Kambli was into tears because match was lost without 'playing' it completely. Selectors throwed him out because of weak personality ( read his tears ). Was that weak personality or a regret that Indian fans accepted ( and reacted ) the defeat much before the result. Kambli's love for game ( for India ) was shaken at that time. He tried hard to came out of that. Rest selector played in and out game with him later on and a great player retired predatedly with an ordinary profile.

Smile

Well, I think Sachin can still better that 6,6,4,4,2 against Murali if Warne is unavailable.
    I saw Sachin dispatching Akram's best yorker for a six towards mid on in his heydays and Sultan of swing just wondering that what is going on. Watched Sachin taking on Imran, Walsh, McGrath, Warne, Murli, Donald, Pollock, Shoaib, Akram, Waqaar and dominating them so many times ......... such a GREAT player.

But Sachin can't do that at this stage of his career ......... As he is not a Kapil, Richards, Gilchrist, Sehwag, Srikant, Afridi, Gibbs or Yuvraj.

It seems that One Day games are just like one day wonders.

India beat Aussies easily and in the next game Sri Lankan hammered India comprehensively and followed by Aussies thrashing Sri Lanka.

What's next ?

Login to view details.
    India beating the aussies once again !!

would be ideal !!! :D