Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Game : Australia Vs India

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    India beating the aussies once again !!

would be ideal !!! :D

Same here ........

What say if the best of three finals played by India and Sri Lanka...... Aussie's out .......
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    [B][COLOR=darkred]
    But Sachin can't do that at this stage of his career ......... As he is not a Kapil, Richards, Gilchrist, Sehwag, Srikant, Afridi, Gibbs or Yuvraj.
    I am sure I can fly till Jupiter but still cannot understand this. What was that???

:eek::eek:,
    Sumit

Sachin may or may not do a 6,6,4,4,2 a la Kambli but the comparision stops there. The li'l man went on to achieve a near-mythical status, lapping up almost every record up for grabs. And Kambli...sadly...is Kambli, who?

While the left-hander was said to be equally (if not more) talented as Sachin, he didn't have the temperament and the unwavered focus of the latter.

Coming to your post, watching Sachin slam three fours down the wicket in a Brett Lee over in the last match against Aus remains my moment of Team India's entire three-month sojourn Down Under. It was sheer delight to watch the Maestro stamp his class against the quickie who's the best in the business at this moment.

I saw Sachin dispatching Akram's best yorker for a six towards mid on in his heydays and Sultan of swing just wondering that what is going on. Watched Sachin taking on Imran, Walsh, McGrath, Warne, Murli, Donald, Pollock, Shoaib, Akram, Waqaar and dominating them so many times ......... such a GREAT player.

But Sachin can't do that at this stage of his career ......... As he is not a Kapil, Richards, Gilchrist, Sehwag, Srikant, Afridi, Gibbs or Yuvraj.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!

Smile Agree !

Quote Originally Posted by kabir View Post
    Sachin may or may not do a 6,6,4,4,2 a la Kambli but the comparision stops there. The li'l man went on to achieve a near-mythical status, lapping up almost every record up for grabs. And Kambli...sadly...is Kambli, who?

While the left-hander was said to be equally (if not more) talented as Sachin, he didn't have the temperament and the unwavered focus of the latter.
    Agree ... there is no comparasion NOW as the Liltle Champion have edited and re-edited records books so many times

Quote Originally Posted by kabir View Post
    Coming to your post, watching Sachin slam three fours down the wicket in a Brett Lee over in the last match against Aus remains my moment of Team India's entire three-month sojourn Down Under. It was sheer delight to watch the Maestro stamp his class against the quickie who's the best in the business at this moment.
    And i remember his famous Six on a Shoab Akhtar delivery during India Pakistan match in World Cup 2003.

Arrow

And the bad news is that Aussie striked back ....... defeated India comprehensively.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    And i remember his famous Six on a Shoab Akhtar delivery during India Pakistan match in World Cup 2003.

and the off caddick off a pull was no less

i loved that one....

The one against Caddick....Oh yes....absolutely ...for me that was the shot of the tournament. Slapping right on face of the bowler's psyche. Awesome...!!

Thanks,
    Sumit

Thumbs up A great day for Indian cricket !

SCG saved it since years for the last visit of the Master i.e. His first one day century on Aussie soil and one of the most memorable knock by the champion. Sachin was at his best today and played a inning of life that will be remembered for years.

A comprehensive victory on World Champs........ but just wait .... there is something more to feel proud of.

Indian Under -19 team won the World Cup 2nd time by defeating South Africa.

Login to view details.
    SCG saved it since years for the last visit of the Master i.e. His first one day century on Aussie soil and one of the most memorable knock by the champion. Sachin was at his best today and played a inning of life that will be remembered for years.

A comprehensive victory on World Champs........ but just wait .... there is something more to feel proud of.

Indian Under -19 team won the World Cup 2nd time by defeating South Africa.
    there are a few positives for indian cricket and also answer to my query of we doing so well in U-19 tournaments but not making it at the big stage !

I still have not seen Rohit Sharma bat , Ishant bowling , PRaveen Kumar bowl ( but i have read they are good ), thats a pity !!!

The young team is doing really well.

But a warning to every follower.

We all see Dhoni experimenting : are not we , today he played chawla for his first match of seriies and praveen opening bowling instead of Ishant ,

mind you both worked but we can imagine the criticism he would have got if that would have backfired.

I still dont find any faults with Greg Chappel experimentations , he was the one to bring us Pathan and dhoni and yuvraj as strong players. ( his idea of pathan as an allrounder , yuvi at no.4 and dhoni up the order as a pinch hitter ) !

I just wish Dhonis experimnent dont end up like Gregs

Kudos to the U-19 guys , they did a good job !

By the way , please anyone update on how u think on Ishant , Rohit Sharma , Praveen KUmar , thier styles and wehtehr they can carry on or not ???
    Thanks

@ sumit : yes Six off caddick was shot of the tournament though it was so close with the cut off shoiab akhtar over point. awweee those two shots occupy my memory always !!!

And i remember a similar ferocious one by Shewag in NZ.

there are a few positives for indian cricket and also answer to my query of we doing so well in U-19 tournaments but not making it at the big stage !
    Yuvraj, Kaif, Dinesh Kartik, Irfaan Pathan are the treasures of the last world cups win ( U -19 ) ......... rest depends on the selecters.

I still have not seen Rohit Sharma bat , Ishant bowling , PRaveen Kumar bowl ( but i have read they are good ), thats a pity !!!
    Ishant bowling at more than 150 KM/h is a plaeasure to watch, Rohit Sharma seems so contented and dominating even in pressure situations, Praveen Kumar ( being a Jat ) sometimes loose temperament but i hope will learn with experience

The young team is doing really well.

But a warning to every follower.

We all see Dhoni experimenting : are not we , today he played chawla for his first match of seriies and praveen opening bowling instead of Ishant ,

mind you both worked but we can imagine the criticism he would have got if that would have backfired.
    Politics will always remain there in Indian Cricket ...... since Pataudi, Gavaskar to Ganguly and Dhoni .......... How Dhoni is trying to avoid Sehwag these days ...... don't expect anything for Dhoni from Sehwag ..... only if time switches sides.

I still dont find any faults with Greg Chappel experimentations , he was the one to bring us Pathan and dhoni and yuvraj as strong players. ( his idea of pathan as an allrounder , yuvi at no.4 and dhoni up the order as a pinch hitter ) !
    Indian cricket is not all about a team as a whole but it is all about A Patoudi, Bedi, Wadekar, Gavaskar, Kapil, Azhar, Sachin and ....... so on

Kudos to the U-19 guys , they did a good job !

And i remember a similar ferocious one by Shewag in NZ.
    And i remember so many demolition type innings by Sehwag ..... poor guy having a bad time

Sharjah Cricket Ground. Semi-final was India Vs Australia. India batting second and 1-2 overs left ( sorry can't remember exactly ) while India needed 22 runs. Shane Warne just got a wicket on first delivery of his fresh over. Next batsman was Vinod kambli. Kambli arrived at crease and took guard. Next five deliveries from Warne to Kambli and the result was 6,6,4,4,2 and match was over. Could Sachin show something like that EVER.

You are right that Kambli was far superior than Sachin but he was thrown out without any reason even when he was performing good. It was 1996 world Cup Semi-final match ( against Sri Lanka ... if i remember correctly ), when crowd became mad Kambli was at crease and playing well. The match was stopped and sri Lankan were declared winners. Kambli was into tears because match was lost without 'playing' it completely. Selectors throwed him out because of weak personality ( read his tears ). Was that weak personality or a regret that Indian fans accepted ( and reacted ) the defeat much before the result. Kambli's love for game ( for India ) was shaken at that time. He tried hard to came out of that. Rest selector played in and out game with him later on and a great player retired predatedly with an ordinary profile.
    as on 31st january RECORDS HELD BY TENDULKAR

1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
    2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 41
    3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
    4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the ODI’s
    5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI’s
    6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI’s
    7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
    8. First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
    9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
    10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
    11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
    12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
    13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
    14. Most number of Fifties in ODI’s 87
    15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI’s 407
    16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
    17. Most number of 100’s in test’s 38
    18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so
    19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest sporting honor
    20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player
    21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
    22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
    23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts
    24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire
    25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
    26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI’s 7 times
    27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI’s most by any batsman
    28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
    29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
    30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) against Australia
    31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the “Greatest Sportsman” of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
    32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
    33. In December 2006, he was named “Sports person of the Year
    34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
    35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
    36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket:79 centuries
    37. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
    38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara
    39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
    40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
    41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
    42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
    43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
    44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
    45. the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and 15,000 run marks IN ODI.
    46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
    47. The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
    48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
    49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
    50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
    51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
    52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
    53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
    54. Tendulkar’s record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
    55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
    56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations.[7] He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
    57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs).[6] Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
    58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
    59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara’s (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
    60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
    61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
    62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
    63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have appeared in more games than Tendulkar
    64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
    65. First to 25,000 international runs
    66. Tendulkar’s 25,016 runs in international cricket include 14,537 runs in ODI’s, 10,469 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
    67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
    68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 15000 runs in ODI
    69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 11000 runs in Tests
    70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket

I saw Sachin dispatching Akram's best yorker for a six towards mid on in his heydays and Sultan of swing just wondering that what is going on. Watched Sachin taking on Imran, Walsh, McGrath, Warne, Murli, Donald, Pollock, Shoaib, Akram, Waqaar and dominating them so many times ......... such a GREAT player.

THIS IS TRUE...THATS WHY HE IS SACHIN TENDULKAR...........OUT OF THE LIST OF PLAYERS YOU MENTIONED AS BATTING WISE ONLY RICHARDS IS THE ONE WHOM YOU CAN COMPARE WITH SACHIN.......afridi in class of sachin??????? are you on cannabies?????:rolleyes:

Login to view details.
    Yuvraj, Kaif, Dinesh Kartik, Irfaan Pathan are the treasures of the last world cups win ( U -19 ) ......... rest depends on the selecters.

Ishant bowling at more than 150 KM/h is a plaeasure to watch, Rohit Sharma seems so contented and dominating even in pressure situations, Praveen Kumar ( being a Jat ) sometimes loose temperament but i hope will learn with experience

Politics will always remain there in Indian Cricket ...... since Pataudi, Gavaskar to Ganguly and Dhoni .......... How Dhoni is trying to avoid Sehwag these days ...... don't expect anything for Dhoni from Sehwag ..... only if time switches sides.

Indian cricket is not all about a team as a whole but it is all about A Patoudi, Bedi, Wadekar, Gavaskar, Kapil, Azhar, Sachin and ....... so on

And i remember so many demolition type innings by Sehwag ..... poor guy having a bad time

Vijay , u seem to be passioante about Sehwag , but dhoni is not doing it deliberately. The point is that Sehwag raised to such a high in a short time , and he really have not done that big enough to be given chances as to someone like Tendulkar.

I dont think dhoni is avoiding Sehwag , its just that Sehwag is not performing when given a chance.

He need to perform !!!

When i was saying that we dont make it to big stage i was talking of team as a whole , we always win U-19 world cups , or reach the finals but have not win the world cup !!!!

hope the situation reverts.

Vijay , u seem to be passioante about Sehwag , but dhoni is not doing it deliberately. The point is that Sehwag raised to such a high in a short time , and he really have not done that big enough to be given chances as to someone like Tendulkar.

I dont think dhoni is avoiding Sehwag , its just that Sehwag is not performing when given a chance.

He need to perform !!!

When i was saying that we dont make it to big stage i was talking of team as a whole , we always win U-19 world cups , or reach the finals but have not win the world cup !!!!

hope the situation reverts.
    What about Uthapa and Yuraj?

What about them?
    I mean what do you mean???[]

Quote Originally Posted by arunshamli View Post
    What about Uthapa and Yuraj?

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    What about them?
    I mean what do you mean???[]
    I was saying their contribution in this series is almost nothing.

Smile India won by 9 runs to night (5/6 March 08)

Indian team has played extremely well this time and won second finals to-night. Parveen Kumar is Man of the Match.
    Last edited by scsheorayan; March 4th, 2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Parveen Kumar is Man of the Match - Good Player

Hurrayyyyyyyyyy !

Good team effort. Sachin scoring in both the finals was a treat to watch. Entire team played splendid. It was so pleasing to see Bhajji doing up his best friends Symonds and Hayden in both the finals.

I think this was the best way this Indian tour to Australia could have ended. Awesome!!

Btw, news is that Symonds won't be charged.
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/s...402461316.html

Thanks,
    Sumit

Arrow

He need to perform !!!
    It's not like that, Anil

Few months back when Sehwag was not selected in Indian Team, i was the first here who posted that he must overcome off his ego problem and let his bat do all the talking.

I suppose time taught him the good lesson about personal behaviour.

If we talk about his performance he did well in test matches and no wonder he could have performed well in ODI series ( if was given chances properly )

No doubt that Sehwag raised himself in such a short span of time and i saw at that time people comparing him with Tendulkar. But the comparasion is totally unfair for both of them. I hope you got my point about comparasion.

Regarding Dhoni ..... i read his statement when people asked him about poor performance of Yuvraj in this Australian tour few days back. Dhoni just concluded "Yuvraj is going to play in every match ?"

No doubt that Yuvraj is another star performer of Indian Team but i don't think he was performing upto his status.

It's good for Dhoni that India won the tournament otherwise it would have become an issue. As you know if we win nobody cares but if we loose there are so many post-mortam stages to happen.

In 80's, Kapil and Gavaskar were used to swich as caption after almost every series.

Hope Dhoni will continue the winning and aggressive attitude which was introduced by Ganguly in Indian Cricket in future.
    Last edited by vijay; March 4th, 2008 at 09:58 PM.

Very nice statement by Ponting "There will be two finals only" .... sach main bas 2 hi final hue yaar ..... per bechaare ne socha kuch or tha ho kuch or gaya.

Better luck next time Mr. Ponting .... its a nice slap you got on your face also your team ... Agli baar phir haarna ho to phir bula lena India ko ....
    Sanjeet Ahlawat
    "Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas." - Marie Curie
    +91 9873485784
    ----
    :p:D