Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Let Us Talk About Agriculture

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadhaka View Post
    There has to be some political support, gaining attention of the masses, making the term ‘agriculture’ elevated in terms of the respect it entails, and of course a dynamic backing of researches and modernization of ways of doing all required activities. .
    Political support is what the agriculture sector is missing miserably. No one is there to give a heed to the problems of a farmer. So called kisan neta never have been pro farmer in true sense. Whatever they do, they just do it to for their selfish reasons.

Many times these political leaders gather these innocent farmers for the sake of their welfare but in actually they just do it to threaten the ruling government and to have an opportunity to bargain with the government for their selfish purpose. Innocent farmers were cheated many times by these political hooligans in past and this may continue in future also because of the lack of awareness.

None of their problem raised and discussed properly neither by these leaders nor by bureaucrats. All policies drawn in past failed to produce the desired results as none of them could get implemented properly.

Public is also never have been sensitive to the problems of farmers. I remember, once farmers from all over the Rajasthan gathered in Jaipur to raise their problems, they were protesting against the government’s policies very democratically but the local public was very unfriendly to them, and because of this farmers had to face lots of problems during their stay in city which lasted for 10 days. I found it very disgusting.
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Analysis of situation apart, How can this site or experienced members here can start a forum like 'Krishi-Jagiriti' which actually would work on field rather than online? Lets DO something for Agriculture.Enough Talks..Isnt it?
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by samarkadian View Post
    Analysis of situation apart, How can this site or experienced members here can start a forum like 'Krishi-Jagiriti' which actually would work on field rather than online? Lets DO something for Agriculture.Enough Talks..Isnt it?
    Samar bhaishab.. Its good to see that you want to do something rather then discussing.. but what i feel is that before we start working on any problem we all discuss it in detail.. Isn’t it ? that’s what we are doing here.

And why do you think that people who are taking interests in this topic doesn’t have any interests to work on ground level?

I am reading this thread just to get a deep analysis of this problem because I have something in mind to work on ground level. Ab yeh koi khet ke charo taraf dholi to lagani nai hai ki utaaya phawada aur chal diya.. kuch sochna bi padata hai

Though I have decided to take my dream project after 5 to 10 years down the line, as it required lots of financial and labour resources, which I don’t have at this point of time. So if you are really very serious to help us then please do let me know. I can start early. I will make you understand each and every point of my project so that you can get convinced about the returns on your investment. Are you interested ?

Lightbulb

Bhai, I wonder if u r planing to start some sorta virtual Krishi here..:rolleyes:

As far I understand JL is online discussion forum and forums are meant for Discussions, right??!!

Am quite heartened to see sucha quality thread after a looooooong time otherwise JL is kinda become just Time Pass sauda!! :rolleyes:

I second Mukesh view point here that carefully thorough planing is required to uplift the Agri scene in our village!! So bhai Samar instead of criticizing in a negative manner give ur valuable positive inputs!!

Well, back to the cruz of thread; I dont think Govt gonna pay attention or help poor Farmers in near future as our Agri Minister is Busy in CRICKET!!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by samarkadian View Post
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

DND ji,Kheti karna kisan ki majboori rahi hei.Khet hein tou ussmein boya kuchh na kuchh jarror jayega chahe ghata ho chahe fayda.Ye tou KUTTE WAALI HADDI HEI...chahe kuchh mile ya na mile uski chabaana hi paddta hei.25-30 saal pehle takk ittane fayde nuksaan nahin soche jate thhe.....Ghar ka anaajj ho gya aur pashuwon ke liye TUDDA ho gaya...aur agar thodda bahuut bach gaya tou mandi mein bech diya aur appne kharche nikaal liye.Ye baddi viddambanna hei ki jyadatar kheti kisan aissi karta hei jo JANTA-JANARDDAN ke rojjmarra jeewan-yappan ke liye nihayat jarruri hei aur issi liye jayada unchche rates Gehuun aur Chawal ke mil nahin sakte[Being basic items aur sarkar bhi rates jarrurat se jyada nahin badhha sakti warna ha-ha kaar mach jayegi] aur issi liye ye hamesha ghatte ka saudda banna raha aur banna rahega.

Growing Cash crop may be an alternative but then that too can be done on a limited land otherwise there will be a huge scaricity of food grains.So it is a catch 22 situation for farmers and thats why this greed to flood the crops with fertilizers and pasticides.This rat race is here to stay and we all have to eat the sub standard food.Gone are the days when DESHI KHAAD was the only power giving substance and the taste of Wheat was very good.Problem is further compounded by the falling water levels and scaracity of water for irrigation.Coupled with it is the problem of shrinking land holdings and rampant use of fertile land for construction purposes.Small land holdings are not a profitable proposition and hence compounding the problem further.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    before going deeper in roots one must understand the "rajniti of mandal and kamandal" both aimed at dividing agriculturists, both aimed at dividing jats...

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    kamandal (religion) divided them in nations and mandal divided them in states like rajasthan versus others.

Jat does not know exactly what divides them, otherwise they are the first clamant of initiators of the mightiest indo-european race of the world.

Exclamation

OFFTOPIC!!!

Dear Sherawat ji...we've seprate section dedicated for Jat History!!
    Kindly use that instead of posting here n there on other threads!!

Thanks!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by plsehrawat View Post
    kamandal (religion) divided them in nations and mandal divided them in states like rajasthan versus others.

Jat does not know exactly what divides them, otherwise they are the first clamant of initiators of the mightiest indo-european race of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by plsehrawat View Post
    before going deeper in roots one must understand the "rajniti of mandal and kamandal" both aimed at dividing agriculturists, both aimed at dividing jats...
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    OFFTOPIC!!!

Dear Sherawat ji...we've seprate section dedicated for Jat History!!
    Kindly use that instead of posting here n there on other threads!!

Thanks!

Rock on
    Jit

चलो, कोई बात नहीं जीत - अब मुझे इजाजत दो एक 'ऑफ-टापिक' किस्सा लिखने की - पर है खेती-बाड़ी के बारे में ही ।

ब्रिटिश टाइम में भी जिस साल बरसात न होती और फसलों को नुकसान होता था, तो थोड़ी-बहुत मदद अंग्रेज हकूमत भी दे दिया करती थी । कई चमार मिलकर जिले के डी.सी. के पास पहुंचे कि शायद मांगने पर कुछ मिल जाये - बोले कि साहब हम फलां-फलां गांव के किसान हैं, कुछ मदद दिलवा दो । चमारों की बदकिस्मती - उनकी शक्ल देखकर गोरे साहब को भी शक हो कि ये जमींदार तो लगते नहीं । उसने बाहर खड़े जाट पुलिसमैन को बुलाया कि इनकी पहचान करो । उस पुलिस वाले ने उन चमारों से पूछा - बताओ एक कीले में सरसों बोने के लिये कितने धड़ी बीज लगेगा ? ('धड़ी' का मतलब है 'पांच सेर')

चमारों ने कुछ देर सोच विचार किया, फिर उनमें से एक ने जवाब दिया - "अळ साहब, चार धड़ी (बीस सेर) बीज लगेगा" ।

सिपाही जोर से हंसने लगा और उसे देखकर गोरे साहब ने भी किल्की लगाई ।

ये चमार भी खूब हैं - "चार छटांक" (एक पाव) की बजाय बेचारे "चार धड़ी" बता रहे थे (एक कीले में तो मुश्किल से एक पाव सरसों का बीज बोया जाता है)
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Smile Nice topic !

Nice topic and gud discussion as well

Work on ground level ?
    Fine.... let us check how many members among us ( here at Jatland ) are/were close to their fields .... worked or administrated out there ... practically ?
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    [B][COLOR=darkred]

Work on ground level ?
    Fine.... let us check how many members among us ( here at Jatland ) are/were close to their fields .... worked or administrated out there ... practically ?
    There are many !!

आज 21 जनवरी को दिल्ली और समस्त उत्तर भारत में भयंकर ठंड पड़ रही है, सुबह तो सफेद पाला पड़ा हुआ था । देहातों की चौपालों में एक ही चर्चा है - ठंड से फसलों को नुकसान और बरसात न होने का असर । सरसों की फसल को इससे बहुत नुकसान हुआ है ।

इस मौसम में होने वाली बरसात को देहातों में "माहवट" कहा जाता है । यह माहवट तो ऐसी मानी जाती है कि एक-एक बूंद सोने के बराबर है । इस बार अभी तक माहवट न होने से सरसों पर कीड़े का प्रकोप भी जारी है । बारिश न होने से ट्यूबवैल आदि से पानी देना पड़ रहा है - मेहनत भी ज्यादा करनी पड़ रही है, किसान का खर्चा भी खूब हो रहा है, साथ ही देश की ऊर्जा (डीजल, बिजली आदि) की भी खपत हो रही है । अगर अभी बरसात न हुई और अगर आगे मार्च के महीने में हो गई तो उस समय की बरसात से एक और नुकसान होता है । उस समय फसलें पक चुकी होती हैं और ओले पड़ने का भी डर होता है ।

कई बार हम उन गांव वालों की बातें सुनकर 'बोर' हो जाते हैं - कि जब देखो ये बूढ़े मौसम का रोना लिये रहते हैं । पर वे करें भी क्या - वे किसी टी.वी. चैनल की चटपटी खबरें या क्रिकेट के छक्कों के बारे में बात करके क्या करेंगे ? वैसे आज यहां जाटलैंड पर "Sports" फोरम खुल गई है - अब वहां खूब 'डिस्कस' करना क्रिकेट की statistics और दूसरे आंकड़े । क्यों नहीं एक "Agro Talk" या ऐसे ही नाम की फोरम के बारे में सोचा जाये ? बहस उसमें भी अच्छी खासी हो सकती है, बेशक इसमें रुचि थोड़ों की ही हो ।

दिल्ली के एक स्कूल में मास्टर जी ने पूछा - बताओ बच्चो, दूध कहां से निकलता है ? एक बच्चे ने जवाब दिया - सर "मदर-डेरी" की मशीन से !
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Smile Appreciable thought

Deswal sir It would be a nice work if we can have a "Agri Talk" section on JL.
    Its really nice thought .

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post
    There are many !!
    Nice to know that :rolleyes:

Smile To continue !

The best fertile area in India .... Sirsa, Fatehabad, Ambala ( Haryana ), Abohar, Fazilka ( Punjab ) and Sri Ganganagar, Hanumangarh ( Rajasthan ) .... but nowdays this area having problems regarding Electricity and Water ...... in past Ghaghar was the best resource of water but nowdays Ghaghar seems to be a bankrupt herself ....... water level in that area was used to be around 20-30 feet in gud times ... now .... don't ask ( Tubewell in my fields was just 15 feet deep )

An Agri based Nation needs some serious attention towards the base rather than inventing the idea of SEZ's. SEZ's are fine but not at the cost of acquiring fertile area. Take example of China, best growing nation in every field, where SEZ's are only limited to some specific area while our Indian/State govts is/are so kind towards Industrialists and farmers are forced to take a back seat these days.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Nice to know that :rolleyes:
    why are you being so sarcastic!! is it going to help us in anyway

Something about Potato, Tomato and Onion

क्या आप जानते हैं कि आलू और टमाटर दोनों ही यूरोपियन फसलें हैं और अंग्रेजों के आने से पहले इनको हमारे यहां कोई नहीं जानता था । आलू कहीं कहीं पहाड़ी इलाकों में जंगली पौधे के रूप में पाया जाता था और टमाटर तो अपने यहां था ही नहीं । अंग्रेजों ने इनकी खेती यहां शुरू करवाई और आज तो इनके बिना गुजारा ही नहीं - ये दोनों हमारे खाने का अभिन्न अंग बन चुके हैं ।

एक आम खयाल यह है कि आलू का स्वभाव (तासीर) गर्म है । पर नहीं, आयुर्वेद के अनुसार यह ठंडी तासीर का पदार्थ है ।

यही बात प्याज पर भी लागू होती है । प्याज की खेती इतने बड़े पैमाने पर नहीं होती थी क्योंकि प्याज एक सात्विक नहीं, बल्कि राजसिक पदार्थ है जिसका प्रयोग आम खाने में नहीं, परन्तु दवाई-बूटियों में किया जाता था । अंग्रेजों ने इसकी खेती को भी बढ़ावा दिलवाया और आज यह रोजमर्रा के खाने का अंग है ।

अंग्रेजों ने एक चीज की खेती जबर्दस्ती बंद भी करवाई थी क्योंकि इसकी वजह से उनके व्यापार को नुकसान हो रहा था । वह थी नील की खेती । नील को इंगलिश में 'Indigo' कहते हैं जिसका मतलब है "वह जो भारत (India) से गया (go) हो" । पुराने समय में नील की खोज हमारे यहां ही हुई थी और इसका निर्यात सारी दुनियां में किया जाता था ।

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post

क्या आप जानते हैं कि आलू और टमाटर दोनों ही यूरोपियन फसलें हैं और अंग्रेजों के आने से पहले इनको हमारे यहां कोई नहीं जानता था । आलू कहीं कहीं पहाड़ी इलाकों में जंगली पौधे के रूप में पाया जाता था और टमाटर तो अपने यहां था ही नहीं । अंग्रेजों ने इनकी खेती यहां शुरू करवाई और आज तो इनके बिना गुजारा ही नहीं - ये दोनों हमारे खाने का अभिन्न अंग बन चुके हैं ।

एक आम खयाल यह है कि आलू का स्वभाव (तासीर) गर्म है । पर नहीं, आयुर्वेद के अनुसार यह ठंडी तासीर का पदार्थ है ।

यही बात प्याज पर भी लागू होती है । प्याज की खेती इतने बड़े पैमाने पर नहीं होती थी क्योंकि प्याज एक सात्विक नहीं, बल्कि राजसिक पदार्थ है जिसका प्रयोग आम खाने में नहीं, परन्तु दवाई-बूटियों में किया जाता था । अंग्रेजों ने इसकी खेती को भी बढ़ावा दिलवाया और आज यह रोजमर्रा के खाने का अंग है ।

अंग्रेजों ने एक चीज की खेती जबर्दस्ती बंद भी करवाई थी क्योंकि इसकी वजह से उनके व्यापार को नुकसान हो रहा था । वह थी नील की खेती । नील को इंगलिश में 'Indigo' कहते हैं जिसका मतलब है "वह जो भारत (India) से गया (go) हो" । पुराने समय में नील की खोज हमारे यहां ही हुई थी और इसका निर्यात सारी दुनियां में किया जाता था ।

बहुत बढ़िया पोस्ट है देसवाल जी
    बहुत सी नई बातें पता लगी... जैसे टमाटर आलू और नील और indigo का किस्सा
    और भी लाते रहिये ऐसी जानकारी अगर हो तोह आपके पास

Availability of ground water

एक बार फिर मीठे पानी या सिंचाई का जिक्र करते हैं । चाहे इस बात का संबन्ध सिर्फ हमारे वास्ते नहीं, पूरी दुनिया के लिये ही है - कई साल पहले 1999 में UNDP की एक रिपोर्ट में पानी की कमी की गंभीरता के बारे में बताया गया था । धरती का दो-तिहाई हिस्सा पानी से घिरा है यानी समुद्र है । लेकिन इसमें से ज़्यादातर हिस्सा इतना खारा है कि उसे काम में नहीं ला सकते । सिर्फ ढाई फ़ीसदी पानी ही मीठा है जो कि हमारे काम का है । और इस ढाई फ़ीसदी मीठे पानी का भी दो-तिहाई हिस्सा बर्फ़ के रूप में पहाड़ों और झीलों में जमा हुआ है । अब जो बाकी बचता है उसका भी 20 फ़ीसदी हिस्सा दूर-दराज़ के इलाक़ों में है । बाकी का मीठा पानी ग़लत वक़्त और गलत जगह पर आता-जाता है जैसे मानसून या बाढ़ से बह कर फिर खारे समुद्र का हिस्सा बन जाता है । सारांश यह है कि दुनिया में जितना पानी है उसका सिर्फ़ 0.08 फ़ीसदी इंसानों के लिए मुहैया है और चिंता की बात यह है कि वह भी प्रदूषण के कारण गंदा होता जा रहा है । इसके बावजूद अंदाज़ा है कि अगले बीस वर्षों में हमारी माँग करीब चालीस फ़ीसदी बढ़ जाएगी ।

हम अपने पास मौजूद पानी का 70 फ़ीसदी खेती-बाड़ी में इस्तेमाल करते हैं । लेकिन विश्व जल परिषद का मानना है कि सन् 2020 तक पूरी दुनिया को खाना खिलाने के लिए हमें अभी मौजूद पानी से 17 फ़ीसदी ज़्यादा पानी चाहिएगा । हम इसी ढर्रे पर चलते रहे तो आने वाले दिनों में आज के मुक़ाबले ऐसे लाखों लोग ज़्यादा होंगे जो हर रात सोते वक्त भूखे-प्यासे होंगे ।

नदियों और झीलों का पानी भूमिगत जल से आता है और यह सूख भी सकता है । ज़मीन के भीतर से निकाले गए मीठे पानी की जगह खारा पानी ले सकता है । और ज़मीन के भीतर से पानी निकालने के बाद जो जगह खाली बच जाती है वह कई बार तबाही पैदा कर सकती है जैसा कि बैंकाक, मेक्सिको सिटी और वेनिस में हो चुका है ।

दिलचस्प बात यह है कि हमारी सरकारें पानी की अपनी समस्याओं को बरसाती पानी और धरती पर मौजूद पानी पर निर्भरता बढ़ाने के बजाए भूमिगत पानी का इस्तेमाल कर सुलझाना चाहती हैं । जमीन के अंदरूनी पानी को अंधाधुंध निकालते जाने का मतलब है कि अपने बैंक खाते में पैसा जमाए कराए बिना लगातार पैसे निकालते जाना !

पर ये सब बातें गहरी हैं और राजस्थान में जो किसान बहुत गहराई पर ट्यूबवैल लगा रहे हैं, उन्हें यह सब समझाना मुश्किल है । सो, जल देखो और जल की धार देखो !!
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/O...ow/2729257.cms

ज़मीन के भीतर से निकाले गए मीठे पानी की जगह खारा पानी ले सकता है । और ज़मीन के भीतर से पानी निकालने के बाद जो जगह खाली बच जाती है वह कई बार तबाही पैदा कर सकती है जैसा कि बैंकाक[/FONT][/COLOR], मेक्सिको सिटी और वेनिस में हो चुका है । [/B][/SIZE] .
    Kya huwa tha uncleji ?

पर ये सब बातें गहरी हैं और राजस्थान में जो किसान बहुत गहराई पर ट्यूबवैल लगा रहे हैं[/FONT][/COLOR], [FONT=Mangal]उन्हें यह सब समझाना मुश्किल है । ]
    Lakin uncleji unke pass koi aur alternate bi to nai hai na !!