Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Euro 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    I can only wish (not expect) Italy win all. hehehe!
    Outside Europe, Europeans don't win. 2010 is (Messi + Aguero)'s World Cup. Argentina jeetegi... !
    Agree sir even i thought ke Argentine jeetaga(Next World cup) Messi he is awesome
    But for now i wish Germany will win.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

In about 5 hours from now Europe is going to get a new soccer champion. I wish that'd be Spain. Reports are that David Villa and Michael Ballack might have to sit on the bench due to injuries. So hopefully Francesc Fabregas might get place in the starting line up. Its a bit disappointing for Villa. But still he might finish as the top scorer of the tournament. Spain and Germany both have been in their top forms in their last matches. So we can expect a thrilling encounter in the finals.
    SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN !!!!!:rock

Quote Originally Posted by vivekpannu View Post
    SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN !!!!!:rock
    See, what I told you:rolleyes: SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN :rock:tamatar:boxing

Thumbs up

Yeah, it was all the way Spain! Spain played like champs!

I really like the way they played with cool heads & with tactics, their passes were very accurate n small and their passing game was incredible!!

I really admire their mental balance & pro approach!

They certainly deserved it!!!!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by vivekpannu View Post
    See, what I told you:rolleyes: SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN :rock:tamatar:boxing
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Thumbs up Spain

Well the underachievers finally won it. Very good football throughout the tournament by most of the European powerhouses.

Barca man Xavi was the player of the tournament even though he played very less (had to accomodate Fabregas). Russia was the find of the tournament. Guus recently declined Chelsea offer just to help Russia become a footballing force in Europe. And well, have they not started? Brilliant football from the Russians. Spain, well deservingly, rule Europe.

As for my fav... The Azzurri... the Juve icon 'Lippi' is back at helm... SA'10, here we come. btw Argentina should win SA'10 !

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    I disagree with the above poster. Italy is only a defensive team. It won the World cup by unsportsman like behaviour. Materrazzi deliberately provoked Zidane. Actually france with its over 30 players was in possession of ball for most of the game. With Zidane out, Italy won on penalty kicks. That is no way to win a game. France would have been the winner if Zidane was not expelled from the game.
    Zidane was the best player of the world cup. He single handedly controlled the game against Brazil and Spain. The single goal he scored in Final against Italy was a beauty.
    Strangely the above poster fails to mention Brazil. The team that plays the game with remarkable skill. That is the country that is known all over the World for the quality and calibre of players it keeps on producing non-stop.
    What about Argentina. They got good players but most of them are little in stature. That showed when they lost to germany in the World cup.

Smile Fair enough...???

1. Italy won the World Cup because they, for a change, were attacking at Germany'06. Period.

2. How many times have you seen Italy losing out on penalties? I have seen many a times. And, you said it is no way to lose/win a game. Btw... provocation happens all the time.... if you ever played any sport.

3. Baichung Bhutia would have single handedly won India world cup had they qualified. Ugh!!

4. Where was Zidane in the group stages...?? Three matches in the group. Zidane is great player ... no doubts but then he was NOT the best player of the tournament. Cannavaro won it ... but had it been for me I would have awarded Pirlo.

5. Zidane scored a penalty. Yes was a beauty but then a penalty is a penalty. And, were you sleeping when this happened? Did you not realize it was never a foul and penalty should never have been given? Materazzi scored a beautiful header. Did you not feel so? I too hate Materazzi but then if you talk about that match he was all around. Zidane is Zidane ... a legend... and I am not a fool to compare him with stupid Materazzi.

6. Strangely, "the above poster i.e. Bankelaal Sumit Sehrawat" wanted more people to come up and share. And, for your kind information he never doubted the 'Samba' football. Maybe he did not write because he hates Brazilians just for the same reason you hate Italy. ...m talking of US'94 where Brazil won against Italy on penalties. hehehe!

7. Argentina is great too. I predict the next world cup is theirs. The so called next-Maradonas (Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero), if fit, will create havoc in opposition's defence area at SA'10.

Quote Originally Posted by amans View Post
    1. Italy is only a defensive team.

2. It won the World cup by unsportsman like behaviour. Materrazzi deliberately provoked Zidane. Actually france with its over 30 players was in possession of ball for most of the game. With Zidane out, Italy won on penalty kicks. That is no way to win a game.

3. France would have been the winner if Zidane was not expelled from the game.

4. Zidane was the best player of the world cup. He single handedly controlled the game against Brazil and Spain.

5. The single goal he scored in Final against Italy was a beauty.

6. Strangely the above poster fails to mention Brazil. The team that plays the game with remarkable skill. That is the country that is known all over the World for the quality and calibre of players it keeps on producing non-stop.

7. What about Argentina. They got good players but most of them are little in stature. That showed when they lost to germany in the World cup.
    Last edited by sumitsehrawat; July 17th, 2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: "hehehe" added...just to fake...

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    1. Italy won the World Cup because they, for a change, were attacking at Germany'06. Period.

2. How many times have you seen Italy losing out on penalties? I have seen many a times. And, you said it is no way to lose/win a game. Btw... provocation happens all the time.... if you ever played any sport.

3. Baichung Bhutia would have single handedly won India world cup had they qualified. Ugh!!

4. Where was Zidane in the group stages...?? Three matches in the group. Zidane is great player ... no doubts but then he was NOT the best player of the tournament. Cannavaro won it ... but had it been for me I would have awarded Pirlo.

5. Zidane scored a penalty. Yes was a beauty but then a penalty is a penalty. And, were you sleeping when this happened? Did you not realize it was never a foul and penalty should never have been given? Materazzi scored a beautiful header. Did you not feel so? I too hate Materazzi but then if you talk about that match he was all around. Zidane is Zidane ... a legend... and I am not a fool to compare him with stupid Materazzi.

6. Strangely, "the above poster i.e. Bankelaal Sumit Sehrawat" wanted more people to come up and share. And, for your kind information he never doubted the 'Samba' football. Maybe he did not write because he hates Brazilians just for the same reason you hate Italy. ...m talking of US'94 where Brazil won against Italy on penalties. hehehe!

7. Argentina is great too. I predict the next world cup is theirs. The so called next-Maradonas (Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero), if fit, will create havoc in opposition's defence area at SA'10.
    1. How many goals Italy scored in world cup? It is just a defensive team. That showed in semifinal against Spain in Euro.

2. Provocations don't systematically target a Teams best player. May be you too provoke to makeup for your lack of skills since you act as if that was normal part of a game and you played quite a number of games and witnessed it all the time. Bad players do it.

3. Bhutia? who the hell is he? No one knows him but the Indian team which ranks at the bottom in the World rankings. He is anndho me kaana raja if you know what I mean.

4. Zidane was awarded the best player of the tournament award in world cup. You don't know what you are talking about. Bahut kood raha hae but doesn't even know the basic fact.

5. Zidane controlled the midfield beautifully. He played the best when it mattered the most. That is why he was awarded the trophy for the best player of the World cup. The penalty goal was one of the best ever. It was rightfully awarded. No one complained.

6. I never said I hate Italy. But they are just a defensive team. That is why it is not easy to score against them.

7. Argentina won't win the next world cup. It has good players but there are better teams then them. Even a second string Brazilian team beat them last year. Brazil has a way of coming back in World cup.
    Last edited by amans; July 18th, 2008 at 01:18 AM.

Who is Bhutia?

3. Bhutia? who the hell is he? No one knows him but the Indian team which ranks at the bottom in the World rankings. He is anndho me kaana raja if you know what I mean.
    Given the standard of Soccer in India his performance has always been above par.
    Till date he is the only Indian footballer who has played in European league. Though he was unsuccessful after trials for Aston Villa and Fulham. Only Indian star who shone in the all star match at Munich 12 Jul 08.
    A humble sportsperson in spite of all these achievements. First sportsperson who turned down the offer to carry the Olympic 08 torch.
    What the hell is he supposed to do if every youth in the country wants to play bloody cricket?
    I apologize for deluding off the topic but have to save Mr. Bhutia from unwanted wrath of the people. You may carry on now.

My comments inline...

1. How many goals Italy scored in world cup? It is just a defensive team. That showed in semifinal against Spain in Euro.
    [Sumit]: Did Italy play in semis at Euro'08?? Anyways... they scored 12 goals in 7 matches. "Just defensive" teams never win. Btw... France scored 9 goals in 7 matches.

2. Provocations don't systematically target a Teams best player. May be you too provoke to makeup for your lack of skills since you act as if that was normal part of a game and you played quite a number of games and witnessed it all the time. Bad players do it.
    [Sumit]: Implied judgement...quite sick.

[Sumit]: Vivek has answered very well.

4. Zidane was awarded the best player of the tournament award in world cup. You don't know what you are talking about. Bahut kood raha hae but doesn't even know the basic fact.
    [Sumit]: Yes, Zidane was the best player of the tournament. Same Zidane was beaten by Cannavaro for World player of the Year award for year 2006. Zidane got the golden ball NOT because of being best at the cup but more because of being the legend that was retiring. He was great in games against Spain and Brazil. Against Italy Pirlo ruled in midfield but Zidane had his chances but Buffon was better than him saving that thunderous header of his.

5. Zidane controlled the midfield beautifully. He played the best when it mattered the most. That is why he was awarded the trophy for the best player of the World cup. The penalty goal was one of the best ever. It was rightfully awarded. No one complained.
    [Sumit]: Only in games against Spain and Brazil. He played his headbutt at the time when it mattered the most. Again,
    Zidane got the golden ball NOT because of being best at the cup but more because of being the legend that was retiring. Penalty that he converted was one of the best ever.... I agree. Only if you had watched that match... penalty wasn't justified.

6. I never said I hate Italy. But they are just a defensive team. That is why it is not easy to score against them.
    [Sumit]: Just a defensive team? "Just"??

7. Argentina won't win the next world cup. It has good players but there are better teams then them. Even a second string Brazilian team beat them last year. Brazil has a way of coming back in World cup.
    [Sumit]: No comments...let's wait till SA'20 happens.

You're right Aman...mujhe khoodna pasand hai...
    Last edited by sumitsehrawat; July 18th, 2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: another comment added...

Closed upon the request of the author as the discussion is going elsewhere.
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!