Thread: Genuine or Fraud ???

Genuine or Fraud ???

Hi,

One of my friends got a job offer from US. He got a mail giving some information and asking if interested then revert back. He replied to that mail and showed his interest.
    Then after a few days the company called him and asked his Bio-data.details(qualifications, work ex) and he was told that he is not fit for that position as he is not having sufficient experience(Hez having 7 months of Work Ex but gud in JAVA and have certifications also). Then somehow he convinced them to perform well in the interview and asked them to give a final shot. After that they conducted a telephonic interview and he did well there in JAVA and related things. He told me that the interview was screwing but finally he got an offer from that company. Now, he has that offer letter and one more form to apply for VISA. The company is asking him to deposit 1 Lakh INR fro security purpose and forwarding him to some Chennai based agency for deposit and further correspondence. So here the query is whether the company is genuine or fraud ? If u, ur friends, relatives know or having some clues about the company then please reply. He has got a duration of a week to do all the formalities and deposit 1 Lakh INR. The offer letter and the other form are attached with this post.

Thanks,
    Devender Kumar

Please reply to this thread and tell me ur opinion on this ...

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    Please reply to this thread and tell me ur opinion on this ...
    dont have much idea about this..... but according to my little knowledge.. no genuine company ask such thing... he sudnt deposit dat amount.
    I have no signature , Where to put my thumb impression

and after going through those two attached files... it seems totally fraud.
    I have no signature , Where to put my thumb impression

Quote Originally Posted by misguidedyouth View Post
    dont have much idea about this..... but according to my little knowledge.. no genuine company ask such thing... he sudnt deposit dat amount.
    and after going through those two attached files... it seems totally fraud.

Thanks for ur suggesions bhia

M looking for some more replies who have some clues abt such things.

It is not clear from your message that your friend applied for the Job or he just got the offer out of the blue. Jobs visas are normally captured by big companies in US, Dhillon from Hissar is right, such people are not trust worthy. Good companies rather give you money in advance. Company talks about two pay days a month. As per my knowledge and experience, salary is paid either weekly or Bi-Weekly(in most cases). Secondly companies never ask for payment of health insurance premium which is paid by companies. Thirdly pay day is defined as the day of the week i.e. MOn/Tue/Wed etc. not a date of the month. Rest is upto you sir.This is purely my personal view.

Yoginder Gulia
    Last edited by ygulia; February 14th, 2008 at 06:29 AM.

Hi

Hi Devender,
    Pl check your PM.

Dev

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    It is not clear from your message that your friend applied for the Job or he just got the offer out of the blue. Jobs visas are normally captured by big companies in US, Dhillon from Hissar is right, such people are not trust worthy. Good companies rather give you money in advance. Company talks about two pay days a month. As per my knowledge and experience, salary is paid either weekly or Bi-Weekly(in most cases). Secondly companies never ask for payment of health insurance premium which is paid by companies. Thirdly pay day is defined as the day of the week i.e. MOn/Tue/Wed etc. not a date of the month. Rest is upto you sir.This is purely my personal view.

Yoginder Gulia
    Well, actually...none of your assertions are necessarily true.
    2 pay days a month is same as bi-weekly
    Most of us do pay a part of the health care premium
    Pay day is quite often defined as the 15th and 30th of the month (i.e bi-weekly)...
    Last edited by raj_rathee; February 14th, 2008 at 12:11 PM.

Vaise peese bhej kae dekh le aape na bera paat jaaga. :D

Just kidding.

Based on this it is hard to tell for sure. Some companies use this as
    a way to make money while still getting the candidate a job...Though such
    practices would not be the norm for a decent company.

Personally I'd recommend showing them the finger....

But then again there are plenty of people willing to pay a lot more
    to somehow get through immigration...like a lot more...say 20-40Lakhs!

What is the total experience of your friend if it is less then 3 years then he won't be geeting visa. All consultants take deposit and you can negotiate on that part otherwise drop it.

You can contact me @9810253992 I can explain you how it works.

Thanks
    Virender M.
    -Virender M.

Thumbs down

hi, this is totally fraud, because no company which is genuine enough will outsource any other link for visa etc rather they will send their work permite ti expedite the whole process.

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post

Yoginder Gulia
    Quote Originally Posted by devdagar View Post
    Hi Devender,
    Pl check your PM.

Dev
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_rathee View Post
    Pay day is quite often defined as the 15th and 30th of the month (i.e bi-weekly)...
    Vaise peese bhej kae dekh le aape na bera paat jaaga. :D

Just kidding.

Based on this it is hard to tell for sure. Some companies use this as
    a way to make money while still getting the candidate a job...Though such
    practices would not be the norm for a decent company.

Personally I'd recommend showing them the finger....

But then again there are plenty of people willing to pay a lot more
    to somehow get through immigration...like a lot more...say 20-40Lakhs!
    Quote Originally Posted by mann123 View Post
    What is the total experience of your friend if it is less then 3 years then he won't be geeting visa. All consultants take deposit and you can negotiate on that part otherwise drop it.

You can contact me @9810253992 I can explain you how it works.

Thanks
    Virender M.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunitachaudhary View Post
    hi, this is totally fraud, because no company which is genuine enough will outsource any other link for visa etc rather they will send their work permite ti expedite the whole process.

I am glad to see ur responses.
    Thanks a lot for the information and ur valuable suggestions.
    All are requested to post some information about the same, if u get any.
    Thanks again

Hi Devender,

Tell you friend not to fall for this. US market is going through a recession in IT (at least for the moment). Last thing he'd want is to struggle in US by living on his own with no job.

Thanks,
    Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    Hi Devender,

Tell you friend not to fall for this. US market is going through a recession in IT (at least for the moment). Last thing he'd want is to struggle in US by living on his own with no job.

Thanks,
    Sumit
    Thanks Sumit for ur suggestion.
    Bhai peechle aur iss naye foto mein bilkul alag alag lag rahe ho
    Last edited by dkumars; February 15th, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

agreed on this !!!!
    i get salary twice a month :D !
    i pay health premium !! 48 % tax hai total sab mila ke , health insaurance is 15 % !

Login to view details.
    but seeing the contract and the doc , my opinion would be not to fall for this !
    seems fraud to me !!!!! one small page for H-1 :eek: thats got to be fraud !!!!

100 percent fraud hai ...this is all i can say

Login to view details.
    Dear

how it is possible to send papers for visa without having H1 approved? Generally these types of companies ask for payments for H1 processing and arrange for tickets also after H1 approval and they start looking for jobs after candidate arrives here in US.

regards

lolz!! many of u been writing no company asks for pre-deposition of such dough. rite?

but recently satyam asking d newcomers to deposit 2 lakh.

shocked? but thts true..

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    Hi Devender,

Thanks,
    Sumit
    recession is a global phenomena.......every economy of the world is related to usa economy directly or indirectly it does not matter. i know top six IT companies(SWITCH= satyam, wipro,infosys,tcs and hcl of india are growing at a rate of 45% but there share in world IT revenues is mere 2%..where only IBM of USA has share of 29%...so going to States is always a golden offer even in case of recession they are far better thn the home companies at least for another one decade........INDIA IS A WORLD POWER IN BPO but overall in IT we are no where near the states