Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: jodha-akbar

aa rana pratap/bhamahshah te is me dikhya hi koni. aa rav hemu bhi te kiti ne darshaya koni. aa sikh dharam ki neenv dalne wale atyachar karne wale ye mughal hi the. even marathas were made nation by aurangzeb only.

better movies could have been made by depicting Asoka, Kanishka, gupta, harsha etc. what is the fun unnecessarilly depicting the un real love between akbar and jodha? that never existed....even in harem of akbar..
    Last edited by amiteshv; February 20th, 2008 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    Exactly!
    Who cares about the Troys, Alexanders, Samurais, Benhurs, Romans and their emperors ('Gladiator' etc. etc), those Forbidden city's Chinese rulers, Ghengiz Khans .... and the Hollywood list goes on; the world needs such brave Indian filmakers that have the guts to present Rana Pratap, Ashoka, Shivaji, Rani-Jhansi, Prithviraj Chahuan etc. etc. (just to name a few; cause this here is an even longer list here that can go on into the next thread) in all THEIR GLORY, colors, ambiance, architectural wonder AND amazing CHARACTER!!!
    India have much more archeologial sites than rest of the world and every site have a phenomenonal story behind those ruins ..... i wonder if Indian film makers can bring them forward as movies .....

My Grandfather used to tell me the story of Maharani Kishori in my childhood .... ( Only Jat Queen as far as i know ... so far )

My salute to the brave people who made us to feel proud of our country and our ancestors.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by amiteshv View Post
    i feel that rajputs are right. the matter should not be taken so easily. it should be taken to the court. After all true history should come out.
    Vermaji, Kyalein dukhi hon laag rae so???...
    Mka kae rolla ho gaya akhir-kaar? Filmaker nae ya to kahee nahee kae eeb ya movie
    'History Channel' ya 'Discovery' pae Historical fact ki tarah dikha-jaagee!?!...
    To phaer yo Court-caart bhi kae laddoo dega?

ps. Reminds me- on a completely diffrent note; as for those who may not have caught it on History Channel there is a great documentary 'The Mughal warriors' now on DVD and available directly on the History Channel website; that is a very interesting piece on the fighting methods, weaponery, architecture etc. of their reign that is a must see for all history buffs! I have a personal copy myself and believe me it is worth watching.....
    Here is a link to the DVD for your purposes...

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=76045
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

nue tte shailenderji jat kab dukhi howe se. aa tte taimur aur changez ne mongolia me hi Jat, khoja ohjhlan ne taimur ne maza chakha diya tha. aa taimur langda kar diya tha aa chhoturam ke goti bhai ojhalana nne. aa taimur kuchh issa bole tha ukk e tohana ke Jat kuchh isse dikhen jisse me mongolia me chhod ke aya ssun...

Smile

better movies could have been made by depicting Asoka, Kanishka, gupta, harsha etc. what is the fun unnecessarilly depicting the un real love between akbar and jodha? that never existed....even in harem of akbar..
    Bhai,

Every person have his/her personal likes and dislikes and film makers are professionals ..... who not only want to bring forward some story but aspire to gain financial benefits too...

Let them make efforts and we can review their works after watching their creation .... a gud creation never get neglected while a bad interpretation never get any appreciation.

Do you remember that Ashoka was a Super Flop ............. WHY ??? Plz dig out the reason ( Hrithik/Aishwarya and SRK/Kareena are supestars if you want to blame on the star cast only )

If you don't like the subject or movie .... just don't watch it and don't comment ....... otherwise making an issue you are already making it controversial and worth to watch it ( means .... what is controversial in it ?? )

Your choice, buddy

vo maharani kishori hoti thi hodal ki. but herodotus says that persian war of jat was fierestest.
    Last edited by amiteshv; February 20th, 2008 at 01:17 AM.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Chill out people.....the movie would not go into history books.....
    It is just a matter of entertainment......so watch it over a coffee with family...trust me there are hardly any family movies being produced these days....so now we have one to watch with mom and dad......
    Yet if people take it ahead...india is a country of propagandas....yet another one would not make much of a difference......

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Bhai,

.... a gud creation never get neglected while a bad interpretation never get any appreciation.

Do you remember that Ashoka was a Super Flop ............. WHY ???

[/COLOR][/B]
    The most profound words you have spoken all day.... :D

On a serious note: You are so absolutely right about that laughable 'Asoka'... it was all wrong! I mean where to start, the un-authentic costumes? The multiple dancer song sequences with the 'great' Asoka (and whatever Kareena was supposed to have played) writhing like constipated creeps under a waterfall etc???...

Vermaji, Kyalein dukhi hon laag rae so???...
    Mka kae rolla ho gaya akhir-kaar? Filmaker nae ya to kahee nahee kae eeb ya movie
    'History Channel' ya 'Discovery' pae Historical fact ki tarah dikha-jaagee!?!...
    To phaer yo Court-caart bhi kae laddoo dega?

ps. Reminds me- on a completely diffrent note; as for those who may not have caught it on History Channel there is a great documentary 'The Mughal warriors' now on DVD and available directly on the History Channel website; that is a very interesting piece on the fighting methods, weaponery, architecture etc. of their reign that is a must see for all history buffs! I have a personal copy myself and believe me it is worth watching.....
    Here is a link to the DVD for your purposes...

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=76045

Not sure if I saw the same one...but there were some parts on YouTube.
    One of them showed how the Mughal bow was a superior weapon than the
    English longbow. Also showed other armour related things...like
    Elephants decked out in full armour.

Pretty interesting stuff. I researched on it after seeing the
    Jodha-Akbar movie. Got a crash course on Mughal history through Wikipedia,
    Akbarnama, Ain-e-Akbari, and these You-Tube Videos.

Question

Taj-Mahal was not a Mughal Architectural wonder after all...
    I mean, come on people! :o
    Taj Mahal ( whatever its name was earlier ) is not an Moughal creation but yes a modified version of some old building.

Why Indian govt. is so reluctant to open the hidden rooms and the documents ?

Carbon Dating proved that Taj Mahal was standing tall even before the Moughal Emperor Shah Jahan took birth.

What about the documents in Indian Treasury where it shows that Shah Jahan bought that 'building' from Jai Singh ( King of Jaipur ) as that building belonged to Man Singh ( grandfather of Jai Singh ... and defence head of Akbar ) ?

Mumtaz died in 1631 and history says that it took 22 years to complete the Taj .... means 1653.

In 1652, Prince Aurangjeb admitted about Taj Mahal that 'so old' building needs a repair ( mentioned in 'Aadaab-e-alamgiri ', 'Yaadgaarnama' and the ' Muraaqqa-I-Akbarabadi' ........ 'Aadaab-e-alamgiri ' was an official press release from the Alamgir Aurangjeb )

Was Taj Mahal became so ancient even before it was completed ???
    Last edited by vijay; February 20th, 2008 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jatinchhikara View Post
    Chill out people.....the movie would not go into history books.....
    It is just a matter of entertainment......so watch it over a coffee with family...trust me there are hardly any family movies being produced these days....so now we have one to watch with mom and dad......
    Yet if people take it ahead...india is a country of propagandas....yet another one would not make much of a difference......
    but then again haldi-ghati will come. then again 3000 forces will come. hardly n e body among them rajputs? inm rana pratap family.

aisa kya is chetak me tha? jo ki duniyan ke kisi ghode ya kisi kutte me nahin tha?

Quote Originally Posted by raj_rathee View Post
    Not sure if I saw the same one...but there were some parts on YouTube.
    One of them showed how the Mughal bow was a superior weapon than the
    English longbow. Also showed other armour related things...like
    Elephants decked out in full armour

Pretty interesting stuff. I researched on it after seeing the
    Jodha-Akbar movie. Got a crash course on Mughal history through Wikipedia,
    Akbarnama, Ain-e-Akbari, and these You-Tube Videos.
    That's it, right there!!!...

The full Documentary touches on lot's of cool stuff... for example how Tipu Sultan's army had already perfected the 'missile' (sword blades and/or arrows imparted with a longer shooting range thru rocket technology...) before anyone else in the world and had thus made some telling blows on the British armies...
    Or how the first invader Mongol/Mughal chieftean Babur at the battle of Panipat in the 1500's even though had a much smaller army, but just by the virtue of superior battle tactics (squeezed the enemy elephant riding troops between two sections, which created panic and ultimate trampling of their own soldiers) and good use of 'entrenchment' war-fare and critical placement of his archers defeated the much larger army of Ibrahim Lodi!...
    Also one would see how the ultra lite but deadly Mughal bow (Mughal horse riding archers were supposed to be the best in the world; sending out non-stop arrows while in full gallop!) was created from scratch (with just raw materials) and without any use of sophisticated tools and how that same craftmanship is now but completely lost in the mist of times....
    Or the cool Rajput Dagger (you people must have seen it in movies and paintings, tucked into the kamarbund of Kings etc. It is like a mini ladder like thing sticking out over the belt) which is to be used in a thrusting motion and has protection on both sides of the wrist and forearm of the user....etc. etc.

Note: it also shows the full spectrum of how Taj Mahal was built and the architecural technologies used etc. (and debunks the Black Taj-Mahal theory too, by showing how it was a pool built across the river to view the Taj in the moonlight and shimmering over the pool, creating a black mirror image of the Taj from the opposite end)...

khuda ke nek bando, rajputo, mere bachho, tumhara, khud ka origin ek cinemaghar hai...

Note: it also shows the full spectrum of how Taj Mahal was built and the architecural technologies used etc. (and debunks the Black Taj-Mahal theory too, by showing how it was a pool built across the river to view the Taj in the moonlight and shimmering over the pool, creating a black mirror image of the Taj from the opposite end)...
    Did you ever visited Taj ......

Do you know that all the river side windows/gates in Taj Mahal were blocked By Shah Jahan ( and still intact ... till date )..... the pool was just to admire the beauty so that mass doesn't need to visit the actual building ..... as everybody could have guessed the time period of the 'building' ......

Everybody was restricted to visit the 'building' but ( except themselves ) just could adore it across the river only

doob maro sharam se o mere kutte ke pillo, jahan baat aayee daha sanskar ki vahan vo daha sanskar jaton ne hi kiya aakhir akbar ka.

dhuann utha hai to aag bhi kahin hogi? kahin na kahin akbar ki zindagi me jodha zaroor hogi....

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Did you ever visited Taj ......

Do you know that all the river side windows/gates in Taj Mahal were blocked By Shah Jahan ( and still intact ... till date )..... the pool was just to admire the beauty so that mass doesn't need to visit the actual building ..... as everybody could have guessed the time period of the 'building' ......

Everybody was restricted to visit the 'building' but ( except themselves ) just could adore it across the river only
    vijay, i do know that well foundations of taj/tejo mahalya are much older than shahjahan. not only that i've latest technology to prove that.

That's it, right there!!!...

The full Documentary touches on lot's of cool stuff... for example how Tipu Sultan's army had already perfected the 'missile' (sword blades and/or arrows imparted with a longer shooting range thru rocket technology...) before anyone else in the world and had thus made some telling blows on the British armies...
    Or how the first invader Mongol/Mughal chieftean Babur at the battle of Panipat in the 1500's even though had a much smaller army, but just by the virtue of superior battle tactics (squeezed the enemy elephant riding troops between two sections, which created panic and ultimate trampling of their own soldiers) and good use of 'entrenchment' war-fare and critical placement of his archers defeated the much larger army of Ibrahim Lodi!...
    Also one would see how the ultra lite but deadly Mughal bow (Mughal horse riding archers were supposed to be the best in the world; sending out non-stop arrows while in full gallop!) was created from scratch (with just raw materials) and without any use of sophisticated tools and how that same craftmanship is now but completely lost in the mist of times....
    Or the cool Rajput Dagger (you people must have seen it in movies and paintings, tucked into the kamarbund of Kings etc. It is like a mini ladder like thing sticking out over the belt) which is to be used in a thrusting motion and has protection on both sides of the wrist and forearm of the user....etc. etc.

Yuup...these are the same things I saw on You-tube. The way the videos were titled there gave the impression that they were from separate
    sources. Looks like they were all part of the same documentary.

Some good stuff there.

I am still imagining the Battles of Panipat...the fact that all this was
    happening right outside my doorstep only 200 years ago....
    Abdalli's move to come around Bhagpat and back North to encircle the Marathas in the 3rd battle of Panipat...Kya scene rahe honge!

One thing that always amazes me is how these armies could get
    recruits to go to battle with almost certainty of getting chopped.
    Imagine the poor guys at the frontline. Man!

Smile

doob maro sharam se o mere kutte ke pillo, jahan baat aayee daha sanskar ki vahan vo daha sanskar jaton ne hi kiya aakhir akbar ka.

dhuann utha hai to aag bhi kahin hogi? kahin na kahin akbar ki zindagi me jodha zaroor hogi....

क्यों दुखी हो रहे हो, भाई ..... ऐसे अपशब्द नहीं बोला करते

हमने जिन लोगों को कभी लिखने का तरीका सिखाया
    आज वो ही अपनी कलम से हमारा इतिहास लिखते है |
    लोग जो अपने अपने बारे में नहीं लिख पायेंगे कभी भी
    बस वो ही दूसरो के बारे में बातें कुछ खास लिखते है ||