Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: jodha-akbar

jodha-akbar

i feel that rajputs are right. the matter should not be taken so easily. it should be taken to the court. After all true history should come out.

aa bekoof rajpoot, like sanga rana pahle te kisi (babur) ne des invasion ke liye bulaven ssen, aur phir rauven ssen aur sare country nne rulanven ssen. va bhai vah

Question Confused!!!

From the text history of 8th class to the recent time ..... it was heard and taught by teachers that the Wife of Akber was Jodha Bai ...... Abhi use Akber ke ladke ki wife beta rahe hain ..... jis se bhi pooho wo yehi bolta hai Akber ki Wife Jodha bai thee ..... Abhi Movie aayi to sabhi Active ho gaye ki nahi aisa nahi tha .... to School ki puraani text books main kyun likha jo humne pedhi hain ...

Please Seniors can someone clear this that what was written in History actually ..... Please Help us what was there and what was not
    Sanjeet Ahlawat
    "Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas." - Marie Curie
    +91 9873485784
    ----
    :p:D

Smile

aa tte bhai natural process te paida hi koina huai. koi brhama ke kan te, te koi nak te paida hoya,,,

kanhin chittoregarh pe koi 14000 rani kahin nahin jali. there were political diffrences.

aa puskar me o jawahar, apni mata ko snan karwa ke le aaya.

aa to saaala rajput kati duplicate in ke na aaar ka pata na paar ka???????

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeetsparp View Post
    From the text history of 8th class to the recent time ..... it was heard and taught by teachers that the Wife of Akber was Jodha Bai ...... Abhi use Akber ke ladke ki wife beta rahe hain ..... jis se bhi pooho wo yehi bolta hai Akber ki Wife Jodha bai thee ..... Abhi Movie aayi to sabhi Active ho gaye ki nahi aisa nahi tha .... to School ki puraani text books main kyun likha jo humne pedhi hain ...

Please Seniors can someone clear this that what was written in History actually ..... Please Help us what was there and what was not
    bhai ahlawat/erawat the indra ka vahan, aa rajput kati nakli insaann, issaa inssann jib tanyeen aa apni jibh koni khole ukk humm bhi natural sse tub taayeenn us ne maaff nne kariyo bhai. ye hi desh ka sub se bada dushman sse. inhin nne hi des ki lutiya duboi sse.

mhare saale ke do jutt......

How “great” was Akbar – he reportedly had hundreds of wives in his harem ! Read the following interesting article:

http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/modern/akbar_ppg.html

Such articles are not occasional or rare. There is one more appeared just two days back, on the current controversy on the release of this film:

http://www.hindujagruti.org/news/3815.html
    The true history is buried deep into earth. Whatever we are being taught is not history, but a bundle of lies.

We may have some differences with Rajputs, but in my view it is not wise to spread hatred against them at this juncture.
    Last edited by dndeswal; February 19th, 2008 at 10:03 PM.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by amiteshv View Post
    i feel that rajputs are right. the matter should not be taken so easily. it should be taken to the court. After all true history should come out.
    Bhai, do you really think that court can change the History.

Only facts can change the History books ( i mean what should be written there ).

History itself can't be changed as it is History NOW
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeetsparp View Post
    You are right that in NCERT books we read what you said but that History is written/manipulated by the British only. Moughal and British did all the damage to our rich past ( read History ) by every means they were able to do that.

When British came to India, Ashoka were the greatest known King till time ...... so to neutralize Ashoka British thought of popularize a Muslim King ..... ...... famous divide and rule policy and Akbar was their best bet .... rest is History

Don't want to comment on how our communists historians did the same...... later on.

Smile Regarding the Movie !

Commercial movies are made for entertainment and financial benefits only ..... should not be taken as true History by any means ........

These protestors are just making an issue to get popularity ( did they ever raised any voice against NCERT books ?? ... NEVER ) ....... the leading head of protestors in Rajasthan have relaesed a statement that they can stop protesting the movie only if the Director of the Movie come personally to Rajasthan and apologize to them ........ does that make any sense or can change the History ?
    Last edited by vijay; February 19th, 2008 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Bhai, do you really think that court can change the History.

Only facts can change the History books ( i mean what should be written there ).

History itself can't be changed as it is History NOW
    aa jodhpur naresh jo nanhinjan vaishya ke chakkar me dayanand ka murder karaya, shayad rajput hi tha????? kahe ke bahadur ye log?

When British came to India, Ashoka were the greatest known King till time ...... so to neutralize Ashoka British thought of popularize a Muslim King ..... ...... famous divide and rule policy and Akbar was their best bet .... rest is History

Don't want to comment on how our communists historians did the same...... later on.
    ....wat's this.... is History lost somewhere..... so much gaps.....

Asoka was emperor from 273 BC to 232 BC.
    British came after 1600....
    Akbar's life span was from 1542-1605.

In view of these facts.... its hard to understand how were british affected/threatened by ashoka....n how popularizing Akbar wud ve helped them.... Whtever abt the queens n et al... but rst of the facts about the works... cant be modified.... n changed.
    Keep Believing in Yourself and Your Dreams

Let's not ALL become such 'conspiracy theorists' all of a sudden!

History may well be distorted in places and the authenticity of events for the simple reason that in those times it was rare to have kept any written records etc. (and even if they were- not have them be colored by the writer(s) who were usually the bards, poets etc. own viewpoints)

Now having said that; it is important to mention that Akbar's rule on the other hand has been surprisingly well documented (in the famous Akbarnama) but again, and just like I mentioned above- I agree that it may well be tainted and romanticized by the writers!
    BUT is that the POINT here????

Because lastly, but not the least- on this whole Jodha controversy.... who cares what her name was, (and $c&ew those silly, stupid-minded, egostic small groups of Rajputs and others) the fact remains that history books, Akbar's and other records like Akbarnama etc. mention him wedding Rajput princess (es); and to my mind frankly that's all that matters!!!....

Political move or not, it was a wise move by a very wise man who knew that a country cannot be ruled by iron fist alone but an alliance with the powerful chiefs is a must and that's what he did... something of a valid lesson for the PRESENT generation and present world affairs to learn from and emulate!
    (Not that we all Hindus should suddenly start marrying Muslim girls, or wise-versa) but that in these times there are great lessons to be learned about such peaceful co-existence and harmony, tolerance for the other's religion and embracing of common religious viewpoints; a point admirably demonstrated by Akbar!
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by anrtish View Post
    kanhin chittoregarh pe koi 14000 rani kahin nahin jali. there were political diffrences.
    isse koi marusthal me issi koi padmini koni basse thi. mere vichar se musalman west se aye the aur shayad musalman,niyan in rajputan tte bhuri aur lambi thadi ryaya karti hongi???

khilji simply had political differences...

Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post

In view of these facts.... its hard to understand how were british affected/threatened by ashoka....n how popularizing Akbar wud ve helped them.... Whtever abt the queens n et al... but rst of the facts about the works... cant be modified.... n changed.
    I know Ashoka's and Akbar's time period respectively ...... but i will suggest you to read my post again ...... and understand the meaning of divide and rule policy ..... for example like why they appreciated the idea of Pakistan even when they already decided to quit India. 'Sun never sets in British Empire' ... then why they tried to divide India

To divide the huge mass in the name of religion ...... at both times ... and so many other times.

They were not afraid of Ashoka or any other but they just want to create difference between the religious ideology and reputation between two major religion of that time. i.e. Hindu and Muslim.

Did appreciating Zinha and idea of Pakistan didn't helped them to stay some more years in India ???

Good points indeed...
    History is not the domain of a certain few to just come in and distort according to their whims and needs!
    Sure, I mean we as Hindus may take a lot of pride in Hindu kings and their achievements; but that does not negate the successful domination of other greats like the Greeks (Alexander) and Mughals (Babur, Humanyu, Shah-Jahan, Akbar etc.) over these very lands...
    This discussion also sorta follows my other pet peev about trying to distort history (in these very much present times, no less) by some idiotic few and trying to prove that maybe Taj-Mahal was not a Mughal Architectural wonder after all...
    I mean, come on people! :o

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    Because lastly, but not the least- on this whole Jodha controversy.... who cares what her name was, (and $c&ew those silly, stupid-minded, egostic small groups of Rajputs and others) the fact remains that history books, Akbar's and other records like Akbarnama etc. mention him wedding Rajput princess (es); and to my mind frankly that's all that matters!!!....
    Yes, agree with you

Kings ruling Jaipur and Jodhpur had matrimonial relationships ( or say alliances ) with Moughals and were happy to maintain that.

Did you ever heard any comment from Jaipur and/or Jodhpur Royal familes .... so far ?

I don't know why people making an issue instead of treating it as just another entertainment movie.

jats did have some queens, like gargi, tomyris etc. even the one who had the largest empire, the so called tughlaks, had in the root a queen who guided him through, ghazi the mallik, himself a mullick (gathwal) Jat. see my pics on persian wars....about killing of cyrus...etc.

[B][COLOR=darkred]

I don't know why people making an issue instead of treating it as just another entertainment movie.
    Exactly!
    You know, on a personal view point about this Movie Jodha-Akbar (and not partly because I am such a huge movie buff) I whole heartedly welcome and in fact APPRECIATE such massive epics based on the Indian historical setups!...

THERE ARE JUST NOT ENOUGH SUCH movies, modern presentations and graphical representations of our very colorful history GOING AROUND!

I mean forget this present Indian generation alone (especially the ones that can be seen on TV just out of their diapers making a hue and cry about the movie), even this World needs to be hit on the head with the colors that this great land has had to offer!... Who cares about the Troys, Alexanders, Samurais, Benhurs, Romans and their emperors ('Gladiator' etc. etc), those Forbidden city's Chinese rulers, Ghengiz Khans .... and the Hollywood list goes on; the world needs such brave Indian filmakers that have the guts to maybe present characters like Rana Pratap, Ashoka, Shivaji, Rani of Jhansi, Prithviraj Chahuan etc. etc. (just to name a few; cause this here is probably an even longer list that can go on into the next thread) in all THEIR GLORY, colors, ambiance, architectural wonder AND amazing CHARACTER with the best visual technology the present times have to offer!!!

Bravo to the director (Ashutosh) and may there be others that can step forward and make such strong epic movies and similarily package them dubbed in English language to make the neccessary impact on the global audience still ignorant of such heroes/heroines!
    Last edited by shailendra; February 19th, 2008 at 11:49 PM.