Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Gotra is the Biggest among Jat

Smile Narender Bhai !

Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb View Post
    Punia most probably is biggest Jat gotr.
    Well. bhai Punia is among one of the biggest gotra but i stick to the point that Godara, Beniwal have more population than Punia or any other Jat Gotra.

Gills are more numerous than Sangwan.
    I said that i didn't included Jatt Sikhs. If we include Jatt Sikhs than Sangwan can't be compared with Gill gotra.

Jatt Sikh have four major over spread gotra's i.e. Sidhu, Mann, Brar and Gill and can overlap any Hindi Jat gotra (in population ) except a few like Godara, Beniwal, Punia, Malik.

Last correction Sindhu and Sidhu are different and both Jat Sikhs and Hindu Jats are Jats.
    Yes Bhai, i know Sindhu and sidhu are totally different ( originally were JAT only ).

I also know that Sidhu gotra is most populated amongst Sikhs and you will wonder that Sidhu gotra have sub gotra too. One of my friend ( Sidhu ) got married to a Sidhu girl ..... surprizingly i asked .... what's the matter ...... and then i come to know the fact that Sidhu's have sub gotra's too. Her bride was Sidhu ( Brar ) and he himself was Sidhu ( Sidhu ). But both were Sidhu.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ashishsehrawat9 (September 23rd, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Well. bhai Punia is among one of the biggest gotra but i stick to the point that Godara, Beniwal have more population than Punia or any other Jat Gotra.

I said that i didn't included Jatt Sikhs. If we include Jatt Sikhs than Sangwan can't be compared with Gill gotra.

Jatt Sikh have four major over spread gotra's i.e. Sidhu, Mann, Brar and Gill and can overlap any Hindi Jat gotra (in population ) except a few like Godara, Beniwal, Punia, Malik.

Yes Bhai, i know Sindhu and sidhu are totally different ( originally were JAT only ).

I also know that Sidhu gotra is most populated amongst Sikhs and you will wonder that Sidhu gotra have sub gotra too. One of my friend ( Sidhu ) got married to a Sidhu girl ..... surprizingly i asked .... what's the matter ...... and then i come to know the fact that Sidhu's have sub gotra's too. Her bride was Sidhu ( Brar ) and he himself was Sidhu ( Sidhu ). But both were Sidhu.
    Well I was narrating what I heard from elders but you may be right as you have first hand information..

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    We do not know definitely which is the biggest Jat gotra. Let us try Google search. It shows following numbers:

Rana - 16,200,000

Malik - 13,000,000

Dhaka - 9,870,000

Char - 231,000

Punia - 77,800

Jakhar - 41,800

Beniwal - 30,000

Deswal - 25,600

Burdak - 22,200

Godara - 35,000

Sihag - 18,800

It may certainly not include only jat gotras. It has all entries about the word on net.
    Burdak Ji,

I don't know what type of serach you did on google but i really doubts these statistics if they are all about Jat population only.

Most of the Rajputs/Muslims use Rana before their name.

I see more Punjabi Maliks rather than Jat Maliks apart from Muslim Maliks.

Where are the decedents of that 700 villeges Godara Empire ( few centuries ago ) .....

as i told earlier that in only Sirsa-Hisar region there exists more than 100 villeges nowdays ( i considered only villeges where more than 50% of Godara Jat population ......... total population of villege around 2000-3000 ) ........ enough material to calculate in suppose ....

And in Rajasthan, the triangle between Barmer, Bharatpur and Sri Ganganagr ( more than 300 square miles ) ....... You can find Godara in any region .........

I think i mentioned about punjab also .... earlier

I wonder if people tell me the name of a single villege in Rajasthan where Maliks have a population more than 100 people .... forget about domination in the population even in that villege itself.

Total population of Jats in Rajasthan is much more than the Jats rersiding in rest of India.
    Last edited by vijay; February 25th, 2008 at 10:29 PM.

IF YOU TALKING ABOUT JAT GOTRA(LEAVE THE RELIGION ASIDE)
    THN
    malik(bulk of muslim and hindu jats use this gotra) is the winner hands down

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fatehsingh View Post
    IF YOU TALKING ABOUT JAT GOTRA(LEAVE THE RELIGION ASIDE)
    THN
    malik(bulk of muslim and hindu jats use this gotra) is the winner hands down
    And what the about hands up realities...... buddy

Any proof of what you saying .... or it's like that you declared the result and people must believe on that ???

I say again ...... tell me any villege in Rajasthan which have Malik Jats ( people say here .... that mailks are wided spread )

Any Malik villege in Punjab ? MP ? Rajasthan ?

I wonder if you know that more than 55% of Jats in India are residing in Rajasthan ONLY.
    Last edited by vijay; February 26th, 2008 at 02:27 AM.

Hi Vijay,

Google search is not reliable. It searches the word and not Jat gotra.
    Regarding Char, they are more commonly Chahar.

There is no way out to find the population by Gotras when we do not have exact population of Jats.

Number of villages in a Khap may be one indicator.

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Gotra or no Gotra

Dear all,

The traces of Jat history can be found well in the prehistoric age. I was told the other day that Turkish scholars have proved to the fact that Lord Shiva was a Jat ( I personally am not of the same school of thought! ) Yet! if someone can go till that extent in tracing our history and origin, why do we find pleasure in searching naive things like quantity of a specific jat Gotra? A Gotra relates directly to the original seven or eight Rishis of the Vedas. In this sense, Lord Rama did not have a Gotra, and in rituals his Gotra would be the Gotra of his Brahmin priest.

Now, do we have to look for our lineage according to the Brahmin priests? If so, I can with plausible certainty say that any Gotra will not have precedence over any other and all will come from the same Rishi of the Vedas! As they identified only 8 of them, and one of them might have been for the Khatriyas. And we being from the same blood, have all the same characteristics, Yet! if it plays a role, it does only in following certain rituals at the time of birth, wedding and death! All else is the same.

If we are planning to look into the might of a particular Gotra probably we are wrong, and if we want to acclaim having the largest traditional lineage in jats via a Gotra, we again are wrong, because today people choose to be independent thinkers and do not really go by the ancient practices at the time of birth or death, law of convenience has taken iots course on the modern day society of jats as well!

The largest Gotra should be the Jat Gotra of Humans.... All else is a baseless fallacy which binds us to our family and not with the community, for the community to be in a condominium, we need to come up with the thought that all are one!

I met a great scholar of history the other day who knew better than me about the western UP lineage of Deswal gotra! Now, how does that matter to me how many villages do Deswals/Deshwals live in.. They live in peace is what is important along with other Gotras of the same MahaGotra!!!

This is a very petite and naive thing to brain storm about is what I feel!

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal.
    But I do nothing upon Myself, and yet I am mine own executioner!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shobhitdeshwal For This Useful Post:

ashishsehrawat9 (September 23rd, 2011)

Nice idea Sobhit. We all are one. All combined are force. Can you further give more details about following statement:

"I was told the other day that Turkish scholars have proved to the fact that Lord Shiva was a Jat "

All mythological and historical facts prove this that Jats descended from Shiva. Turkish study may be valuable for us.

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by shobhitdeshwal View Post
    Dear all,

The traces of Jat history can be found well in the prehistoric age. I was told the other day that Turkish scholars have proved to the fact that Lord Shiva was a Jat ( I personally am not of the same school of thought! ) Yet! if someone can go till that extent in tracing our history and origin, why do we find pleasure in searching naive things like quantity of a specific jat Gotra? A Gotra relates directly to the original seven or eight Rishis of the Vedas. In this sense, Lord Rama did not have a Gotra, and in rituals his Gotra would be the Gotra of his Brahmin priest.

Now, do we have to look for our lineage according to the Brahmin priests? If so, I can with plausible certainty say that any Gotra will not have precedence over any other and all will come from the same Rishi of the Vedas! As they identified only 8 of them, and one of them might have been for the Khatriyas. And we being from the same blood, have all the same characteristics, Yet! if it plays a role, it does only in following certain rituals at the time of birth, wedding and death! All else is the same.

If we are planning to look into the might of a particular Gotra probably we are wrong, and if we want to acclaim having the largest traditional lineage in jats via a Gotra, we again are wrong, because today people choose to be independent thinkers and do not really go by the ancient practices at the time of birth or death, law of convenience has taken iots course on the modern day society of jats as well!

The largest Gotra should be the Jat Gotra of Humans.... All else is a baseless fallacy which binds us to our family and not with the community, for the community to be in a condominium, we need to come up with the thought that all are one!

I met a great scholar of history the other day who knew better than me about the western UP lineage of Deswal gotra! Now, how does that matter to me how many villages do Deswals/Deshwals live in.. They live in peace is what is important along with other Gotras of the same MahaGotra!!!

This is a very petite and naive thing to brain storm about is what I feel!

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal.
    True

Jat clan is a myth .

We have a particular clan as we have tradition of going by father clan where both father and mother contribute equally .

Suppose we have maternal clan lineage than our got would have been totally different than what we identify with today .

So what matters is Jat gene pool .

On a lighter tone, there is a reason to go by father identity...

As Indian maternal DNA is fairly uniform irespective of different groups ,so at the end it is father who makes the real difference .

Now ,Where did you read that all Jat clans came from Eight rishi gotrs?Fact is Indian soils know Jats earlier than Vedas and its rishis

Lastly It is a simple awareness about different clan numbers not might of this or that clan ,what is harm in knowing that ?Take it in postive way .

Smile

Dear all,

Well, i don't know how Turkish scholar proved that Lord Shiva were a jat but i doubt that prersent day's castism theory was in practice in that mythical time period ( and ofcourse only if they proved to exist ).

And if Lord Rama did not had a gotra than certainly Lord Shiva is beyond this scope of gotra 'thing'.

I suppose that here we are talking about the present day statistics ( of course only about quantity/population in an absolute meaning ) which doesn't have any connenction with might or likewise thinking as a whole.

Let me ammend : The largest Gotra should be the Gotra of Humans ( inclusive or exclusive of the Jat word )

I don't think that it matters to anybody that in what quantity their own gotra people ( except for the sake of statistics only ) exist in this World.

I still didn't get it that What you want to convey here except some philosophical preaching attitude only ?

We are just discussing about some statistics about Jat population and its distribution ONLY

[B]

I don't think that it matters to anybody that in what quantity their own gotra people ( except for the sake of statistics only ) exist in this World.
    agar bada gotra hai toh shadi hone me dikkat aati hai.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by arunshamli View Post
    agar bada gotra hai toh shadi hone me dikkat aati hai.
    And hence it's difficult to find a match in western Haryana, North Rajasthan and West Punjab ..... if you have Godara or Beniwal as one of ur parents .... in that 200 square miles .....

Well, let me know that where real Jatland is ?
    Last edited by vijay; February 28th, 2008 at 02:06 AM.

Hey Jit,

There are more than 20 villages of Deshwal/ Deswal Gotra in UP. I can give the name of the villages but wait a week or two and I can provide you the list.

It is believed that origin of Deswal/ Deshwal Gotra is Village Ladhaut, Disst. Rohtak which is coincidently happened to be my village.

Most likely migration route to UP is:Ladhaut > Baliana near Rohtak > Dhulehda near Bahadurgarh > Ghodi near Palwal and from their to some villages near Samli in UP

OR may be from one of small villages near Panipat that have links to a very big Village Gangauli between Panipat and Jind

It is fact that representative from more than 90 villages have met in the past on a number of occasions.

Hey Vijay, if I am not mistaken, manay villages or may be majority of villages of Godara Gotra near in Haryana are Bisnoi. I may be wrong

Cheers!
    Last edited by spdeshwal; February 28th, 2008 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    Hey Vijay, if I am not mistaken, manay villages or may be majority of villages of Godara Gotra are Bisnoi. I may be wrong

Cheers!
    Deshwal Sir,

20% are bishnoi's ( mostly in Jodhpur and Ganga Nagar ) but rest are jats all over.

Hey Jit,

There are more than 20 villages of Deshwal/ Deswal Gotra in UP. I can give the name of the villages but wait a week or two and I can provide you the list.

It is believed that origin of Deswal/ Deshwal Gotra is Village Ladhaut, Disst. Rohtak which is coincidently happened to be my village.

Most likely migration route to UP is:Ladhaut > Baliana near Rohtak > Dhulehda near Bahadurgarh > Ghodi near Palwal and from their to some villages near Samli in UP

OR may be from one of small villages near Panipat that have links to a very big Village Gangauli between Panipat and Jind

It is fact that representative from more than 90 villages have met in the past on a number of occasions.

Well,

I don't think you have to reply someone who even don't have a first hand knowledge about the subject but just want to neutralize someone's post using some alphabets without any knowledge.

I know that there are more than 30 villeges of Deshwal/Deswal in Western UP.
    Last edited by vijay; February 28th, 2008 at 05:23 AM.

[B][COLOR=darkred]
    Well, let me know that where real Jatland is ?
    I didn't get you Vijay.

Quote Originally Posted by arunshamli View Post
    I didn't get you Vijay.
    Here, most of the people says that Inner Haryana ( Rohtak area ) is the real Jatland........... ironically......... which doesn't contain even 5% of Jat population of India.

Smile

Pranam Bhaisaab,

Thanx a lot for useful Information!

PS: I'm not in to History nor I claim to be one self-acclaimed Historian either!:rolleyes:

Rock on
    Jit

Hey Jit,

Hey Vijay, if I am not mistaken, manay villages or may be majority of villages of Godara Gotra near in Haryana are Bisnoi. I may be wrong

Cheers!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Hi Satepal Deshwalji,

Good info about Deshwal Gotra. Will you add this to article on Jatland Wiki?

As regards the views of other members, We here are interacting with various jats here and searching the history of various clans. It is not going to harm any body. It is a science. Take it that way. History of a clan is important and every member should know its true history. Jatland proves to be good platform.

Regards,

Hey Jit,

Cheers!
    Laxman Burdak

Gotra largest

It seems to be Dhillon. They are in the Punjab, Haryana.

Also, I have put up Videos in Punjabi on Hinduism, Sikhism, Christianity and Real Islam.

Hi Brother in Christ Jesus,

I have put up on Youtube over two hundred 10 minutes Videos on the exposition of Parables of New Testament and the Gnostic Gospel of St.Thomas in full. My expositions are original in spirit that is mostly unknown to the people of the West. My challenge may seem very odd to most of you but just listen to them for the curiosity’s sake.

I can explain the Parables in details in Lectures and the whole New Testament, I can explain in a couple of weeks.

Any body interested in producing Documentaries, I can vet the scripts or produce suitable ones for FREE. Search my videos under nijjhar Christianity Sikhism or link is under my signatures.

I shall be producing similar videos in Punjabi, the language in which the Second anointed Christ Nanak Dev Ji preached Sikhism or Real Islam. Remember that a Gurmukh is a Mussallman of the type of Bhagat Kabir Ji, Pir Mian Mir Ji, etc but not these Mohammedans who proclaim themselves Mussallmans. They are mostly Kafirs.

Chaudhry Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
    Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy.

The Second Panth Sikh and the Fourth Panth of Nimallae Sants is the continuation of Christianity.

Third Khalsa Panth was to use sword power to sort out the stubborn sons of Satan.

Gnostics are "seekers" of religious knowledge and we take no one for his word.
    We believe each individual receives "His Word" through "grace of God".

Our Discussions are open minded and friendly.

Meetings are open to all and they are "FREE".

Christ (Saint) Thomas states,
    "Why should I fast, what sin have I committed and
    Why should I pray, what wrong have I done".

For a taste of Gnosticism, visit my web site:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinde...ar/sikhism.htm http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinde...ar/trinnut.JPG http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinde...ar/remarks.JPG
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinde...har/pdbook.pdf
    http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=nijjhar1
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
    First a Hindu (1) then a Sikh (2) Khalsa (3) or Nirmala Sant (4th Panth).
    Antonym of Hindu is a Fanatic Devil.
    Sikhism=Christianity over 8500 Youtube Videos - channel nijjhar1.
    Ch. Chhotu Ram Ohlyan Jatt is our tribal Pillar.
    Jatts are Shiv Sena; DAEH SHIVA VAR MOHAE.