Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Gotra is the Biggest among Jat

in rajasthan..i think....punia gotra is biggest......i heard frm ma grandma...."Jis ghar mein punia, uske chhore yaa chhori ki shadi honi muskil se"...

at least its biggest in the shekhawati area of rajasthan...
    Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

good post really. aanne un nakli jattann ne bhi bata de jo aadde phaltu ke jatt banne phiren ssen. jo got/gatt kuchh na janntte pher bhi jatland ke forum pe ghuss ke nakli salah jattan nne ddenn lagg rhyee. ukk hum ne rsrvn koni chahiye per khud ye resrvnst yahan sub nne moorkh banann lagg rhye. ekk tte nu bole sse aadde nne ukk manne gatt/gatt ka koi bera koni tte phir bhai tu kke apne gott men byah kar lega kke?

o majhi re apna kinara nadiya ki dhara hai....

Wastage of Time

Do you guys think that even if we are able to find out which Gotra is the largest then it is going to serve any purpose. I think it is just wastage of time to discuss such topics. Please do some constructive work.
    Thanks.
    Yoginder Gulia

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    Do you guys think that even if we are able to find out which Gotra is the largest then it is going to serve any purpose. I think it is just wastage of time to discuss such topics. Please do some constructive work.
    Thanks.
    Yoginder Gulia
    Gulia Bhai

Aap to apna time save kar lete or sayad kuch constructive kam kar lete itani der mein.

Sorry community ka kitana nukasan ho gaya .

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by trueblueindian View Post
    bhai iss baat ka tae berra nahi appar ... dahiya, dabas arrr hooda ka bhaichara tou aaj bhi hai ... waise abb byah hovan laag gaey appas mei .. apar pehelam na hoya kartey
    bhai sahab dahiya or hooda ka bhaichara kabhi nahi raha dono khapon
    ki hamesha se ristedari chali aa rahi h

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    I am not sure Vijay, but the figure of 1500 villages looks an exaggeration. Maybe the figure is correct but the population of those villages may be thin.

Unlike Dahiya gotra which is concentrated within a big khap in Sonepat district, Deswals are one of the widespread ones - some villages each in Jind, Panipat, Jhajjar and Rohtak in Haryana and in Bulandshahr/ Meerut/ Muzaffarnagar districts of UP and some villages in distt. Bharatpur (Rajasthan). Still, I do not think it is 'biggest' in number. As I wrote above, Maliks are more widespread and one of the biggest. Deswals also have a tradition of maintaining "Bhaichara" with Dalal, Suhag and Maan gotras.
    dswl ar no lesser. while killing cyurus the great there is confusion in history whether they r dswl or dbs.

but i feel that they r same

Login to view details.
    bhai jyada na mache. history is always written of kings and whats a better way to denigrate brave people like rajputs and jats than to spread rumours about their princess marrying akbar . as far as truth stands even ashutosh gowrikar had accepted that he didn't find substantial proof of jodha marrying akbar. jat bhaiyon for a minute think if mughals were really that powerful of marrrying princesses what would they made of poor peasants womenfolk .

raja Man singh erstwhile ruler of jaipur married 36 afghan prioncesses why is n't there a film about that historical fact.

what would you say of jat rulers who take pride in telling the world that their daughters are married into rajput royalty.
    Last edited by harra; March 24th, 2008 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    raja Man singh erstwhile ruler of jaipur married 36 afghan prioncesses why is n't there a film about that historical fact.
    Raja Maan Singh never had any Afgaan princess as his wife
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

bhayio ram ram
    jyada to pata nahi par UP mein to Tomer aur Baliyan hi sabse jyada hain

Quote Originally Posted by devchodhary View Post
    vijay kumar jii plzz make me clear about ur gotra.....
    Baliyan and Valiyan are the same one or else differ.
    Coz i b'long to Valiyan Gotra, n unfotunately cudn't find this gotra in JL wiki.
    dear devender jii, i also never listen valiyan though i am baliyan not valiyan
    Last edited by baliyanvijay; March 31st, 2008 at 04:53 PM.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Here, most of the people says that Inner Haryana ( Rohtak area ) is the real Jatland........... ironically......... which doesn't contain even 5% of Jat population of India.
    its not the density of the population..its the power with the people in that area which matters most...and the jats of rohtak have something special.......try your best but still you cant change this reality that ROHTAK is the heart of jatland........

oops

ooops

google is showing 97,800 search results for goyats....

Burduk uncle....i've still no clue over goyats out of india...mostly in france..

can u help me out??
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

Login to view details.

which gotra is biggest

don't i think its confirm poonia is the biggest gotra of jat

SIDHU 's of course, by territory/area under control historically and sheer volume of villages..number of "Now Haryana" principalitites..such including Kaithal, Jind..In Punjab..Patiala, Nabha, Bathinda, sangrur ..all were SIDHU JAT states... Please reffer to the link below for
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidhu

That being said...Jat is a Jat is a Jat brrrrruuuuhha
    Last edited by Sidhujat; May 3rd, 2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: correction

Thumbs up

bhaiyooo mere khyal te teh malik hi se

west UP have mojority tomar gotra JAT population...dont have much knowledge abt other states.

few years back, if I remember correctly, in an answer to the similar question asked in Jat Sabha quiz, the answer was Malik followed by Dahiya... but I think they considered only Haryana...

I'm here talking about Jat Sabha Chandigarh..

Punia bhee race mein hai

What about Punia>It is on eof the biggest

I think.... Punia/Poonia and Sangwan
    JaT - 3rd EyE of GoD:rock

i think.................... malik..........ya dahiya
    p0$!t!viTy mI<S lyF gR8..........