Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Which Gotra is the Biggest among Jat

In haryana if the following three gotra are there then they have to search beyond boundries of haryana.Jamuna par jaanaa parega rishtaun key liye.Sangwan is dominating,Sheoran is bigger than Sangwan's.

Bada to karam sey hogaa.Kram karo,sangatheeth raho,siksheet bano.You will rise above all .Try taste and sense the success.
    Now it's the right time to bring the community it's fading glory.Unite all young men with blessings of aged, elders.Rise on the top.Act firmly.

Act firmly think beyond boundaries

In haryana if the following three gotra are there in a family then they have to search beyond boundries of haryana.Jamuna par jaanaa parega rishtaun key liye.Sangwan is dominating,Sheoran is bigger than Sangwan's.But punia has many villages in Rajasthan.More than 380.nafaree badhaney sey kya faydaa jab tak sakaratamak chintan naa hoga tab tak kaum taraqee nahee kar saktee

Bada to karam sey hogaa.Kram karo,sangatheeth raho,siksheet bano.You will rise above all .Try taste and sense the success.
    Now it's the right time to bring the community it's fading glory.Unite all young men with blessings of aged, elders.Rise on the top.Act firmly.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by narendersingh View Post
    In haryana if the following three gotra are there in a family then they have to search beyond boundries of haryana. Jamuna par jaanaa parega rishtaun key liye.
    can i request the benign presence of mr. prashant vaidwan :D to throw sum more light here. i see him off frm JL these days. he seems to be the real representative of "paarwa's"
    can i rqst our historians to throw sum light over here... nd our mods to lock this thread thereafter... or make it sticky... so tht everyone knows wch gotra have the biggest list of mollads.

Last edited by brahmtewatia; September 16th, 2008 at 01:58 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Hi friends,
    Sorry to say but I don't know much about my gotra. As I know there is only one village of taliyans named CHHUR in west u.p meerut dist. I am also from there.

If any body knows more just help me .
    :tamatar:boxing" Live Every Day As If It Was Your Last, And One Day You Will Be Right!"
    .................¤ॐ¤..............
    :p"लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
    बाऩध साफा जब गाबरू तयार होते....
    देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके....
    और कहते ......
    काश हम भी जाट होते........

Quote Originally Posted by vivekgathwala View Post
    bhaiyooo mere khyal te teh malik hi se
    Malik to padvee hai bhaijaan.History has something different to say.Gotra-gothwal and

Nothing is Impossible,
    Impossible takes a little longer than the Usual .

http://narendersinghsangwan.wordpress.com
    http://diabetesmotherofall.wordpress.com
    http://maintainyourheart.wordpress.com
    http://waytopositivethinking.wordpress.com

Gotra

My grand-dad was a Thakur and grand-mum JAT from Aligarh
    Joined this forum to know more about my roots
    What gotra would be from Aligarh?

Baliyan Rocks

It is Baliyan my dear friends. We have around 94 villages in india.
    We come fron Lord Ram family and termed as Raghuvanshi.
    You might have seen as some baliyan people use Raghuvanshi as their sir name. They are the coolest jat as i have seen so far.
    Full of life, very diligent and helping.
    It is proud to be an Indian Baliyan Jat.

Area Wise Information

We should collect area wise information and than consolidate it. Only than we can say about the biggest gotra. One should give atleast three gotras in descending order. In my opinion in the region of District Sirsa & Hisar(Haryana), Ferozpur (Punjab), Hanumangarh, Sri Ganga Nagar, Bikaner, Churu (Raj.) the following Gotras have good number:
    1. Punia
    2. Godara
    3. Beniwal
    Justice is Truth in Action; JAT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dharampalkaswan View Post
    We should collect area wise information and than consolidate it. Only than we can say about the biggest gotra. One should give atleast three gotras in descending order. In my opinion in the region of District Sirsa & Hisar(Haryana), Ferozpur (Punjab), Hanumangarh, Sri Ganga Nagar, Bikaner, Churu (Raj.) the following Gotras have good number:
    1. Punia
    2. Godara
    3. Beniwal
    You are absolutely right Dharampal Ji but i suppose in the order :
    1. Godara
    2. Beniwal
    3. Punia
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

punia

i think punia is biggest gotra
    Er. sudhesh bola
    Keep Believing in Yourself and Your Dreams

My Grandmother gotra is the biggest

I Studied from many article and i found from survey, Sheoraan is the biggest gotra......:D
    JIT SEELI CHALE PURWAI
    JIT CHOGRDE MAUJ SE CHHAI
    JIT DHARTI BHI SONA LAYI
    JIT SUTHRE LOG LUGAI
    WO MERA HARYANA:rock

Never say I cant,:D

Becoz weak people wait for opportunities but brave people create them.

Jai dada samadhya wale

Thumbs up

bhayoooo mere khyal se hameee ye baat kisi JAT historian se puchni chahiyeee ..vohi humee sahi data bateyengee

Think which become obvious in future

i think avesh dabas is right... its sheoran, because his grandmother is also sheoran nd he has studied frm various articles nd surveys. :D
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    i think avesh dabas is right... its sheoran, because his grandmother is also sheoran nd he has studied frm various articles nd surveys. :D
    :D :D :D
    Thanx Tewatia Ji, Your valuable post helped me a lot. Now I came to know how we should determine the things. It's really so simple. :rock

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    when i moved in dabasan long back my nani was worried that beta kaise vapas aaye ga. three jat gots lived in same village but there neither dabas, nor sehrawat dominated, it was only gahlote...that subjugated the whole village..

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeetsparp View Post
    Which Gotra is the biggest among Jats ....... Is it Dahiya, Malik, Maan, Hooda, Pawar
    yaar this is ***Panwar not pawar .ok

Quote Originally Posted by devchodhary View Post
    The Origin of Clan (Gotra)

Opinion 1)
    Khadagrai a writer during emperor Shahjahan reifndescribed that Tomar caste is best
    among Kshatriyas and they belong to Som Kul and are descendants of Pandavas.
    Actually Tomar , Tanwar , Tung ,Tunwar is one and same Gotra among Rajputs
    and Jats

Opinion 2)
    Another poet of 17th Century AD Kayam Khani has described Kshatriya in the
    following lines:
    “ Chaun 1st , Tanwar are the second and Panwar is third and other Kuls are in half .
    Ther is total three and half of Kshatriya.”

Opinion 3)
    According to puranic legend Dabas are the sons of Maharishi Dadhichi the great king
    of Sindh in Vedic period .He has four sons namely Dahiya, Davyas (DABAS) Kundu and Hooda .
    Dadhichi an emperor turned Maharishi died at the age of 100 years while fighting to
    Non-Aryans tribes. In the battle his four sons fought with utmost bravery and anihiliated
    the non-Aryan.
    The epic makers goes on to prove that the families of Dahiya , Dabas , Kundu and Hooda
    lived together upto the times of Mahabharat in the shape of groups like
    Soor, Saini, Birshani and Bhoj. They lived in Ujjain , Avantika, Sambal , Inderprastha,
    Rajasthan and other Northern India parts upto 7th Century AD.
    so i think its still not b clear dat Which Gotra is the Biggest among Jat.
    with regards.
    Dev.
    thank u for providing such an important information

Quote Originally Posted by baliyanvijay View Post
    bhai logo jra haryana se bhar bhi niclo and dekho ki baliyan and tomer both have at least 84 villages each and i come to jnow that baliyan and tomer khap is the biggest among the all khap. if i am wrong, kindly correct me.
    no mr vijay. according to my grandfather who is also a CHOUDHARY of KHAP BATTISA that the biggest khap is in delhi which has 360 villages.

Quote Originally Posted by baliyanvijay View Post
    bhai logo jra haryana se bhar bhi niclo and dekho ki baliyan and tomer both have at least 84 villages each and i come to jnow that baliyan and tomer khap is the biggest among the all khap. if i am wrong, kindly correct me.
    nahi baliyan sahab..................my grandfather is a CHOUDHARY of KHAP BATTISSA [CH.UDAYVIR SINGH] and he told me that the biggest khap is in delhi which has 360 villages.

I think biggest Gotra is Beniwal....Even if it is not the biggest it must be having a standing in the top list........Unless any authentic statistic is available nothing can be precisely concluded....

Distribution of Beniwal's is very vast...
    ....check out the distribution here to have just an idea.....
    http://www.jatland.com/home/Beniwal
    Last edited by pdpbeniwal; November 3rd, 2008 at 06:49 PM.
    All that we are is the result of what we have thought."
    ~ Buddha