Thread: !!!!!!!!!!!!!Memory Tricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Memory Tricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are unable to memorize many things and get bogged down. Being a Guinness World Record Holder in Memory, I am sharing my memory tricks only with you Jat Landers.

Rrrr. Can't save! Panic. The disk has an error, its memory space is skipping.

The computer is down. Similarly small things slip out of our memory bank. Error? Lack of storage space? No. They are kept somewhere in the subconscious mind. Only we have not filed them in a systematic manner, claim the experts. With umpteen books and lots more on the net, solutions for memorizing are aplenty, especially during exams.

From childhood we have been associating things. For instance a small child sees his father's face to call him papa. The conclusion: we are able to remember pictorial things more than abstract ones.

Let's start with the brain's two parts:

Left Brain Controls Right Brain Rules

Logical Fantasies
    Thinking Imagination
    Calculation
    Sequencing Color

When both these work in harmony, a genius is born, states Tony Buzan, another memory expert. There's a small memory test you can perform to check your capabilities before you embark on a memorizing spree. Close your eyes and imagine yourself in your bedroom. Now starting from the wall on your right, try to visualize everything in the room. You know exactly where each and everything is placed. Isn't it incredible? You are so familiar with things that you can remember them blindfolded.

I have developed a basic scheme to memorize things in a proper way:
    • Association
    • Thoughts
    • Confidence
    • Pictures
    • Concentration
    • Oddities
    • Color
    • Exaggeration
    • Power of senses

HOW TO DEVELOP THESE QUALITIES

Let's begin with association. Pick any ten words at random. Now you can connect them with a story. And then go back into your memory bank and you'll find them in the order you had kept them.

To learn anything we need to learn a language. Similarly to learn a memory language, you need to learn the memory language alphabets, known as codes. There are 100 basic codes. What exactly is this memory code? These are pictures given to numbers 1 to 100. For instance, 1 is for sun, 2 is shoe.

Then there is the Number Rhyme Method. We can adopt pronunciation-rhyming words. For number two we can take shoe or zoo, to whichever we relate better. To remember better visualize two shirts with the imprint of a shoe.

Then you connect certain numbers with images. For the number one looks like a hockey stick. Then you can connect number with quantity. For instance, number 12 can be associated with dozen. And even connect numbers with important years in your life or history.

If things are still tough, then you can relate numbers to specific alphabets. For instance 61 is A. Immediately you relate A to apple and from there to 61.

Now you are on the road to a better memory. So adopt a technique to systematic learning. Take regular breaks. It's a myth that longer learning sessions enhance memorizing power. Relax after every 50 minutes.

Drink lots of water. Keep a glass of water by your side to keep you alert.

Revise the material after 24 hours and do the second revision after seven days. The third revision could even be after three months.

Try and learn the same thing in the place you first learnt it in. It makes it easier to recall.

Concentrate and learn but don't force yourself.

Since you're fully geared to activate your memory pulse, why don't you start right now.

Trust one who has tried

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravileo View Post
    To learn anything we need to learn a language. Similarly to learn a memory language, you need to learn the memory language alphabets, known as codes. There are 100 basic codes. What exactly is this memory code? These are pictures given to numbers 1 to 100. For instance, 1 is for sun, 2 is shoe.

Then there is the Number Rhyme Method. We can adopt pronunciation-rhyming words. For number two we can take shoe or zoo, to whichever we relate better. To remember better visualize two shirts with the imprint of a shoe.

Then you connect certain numbers with images. For the number one looks like a hockey stick. Then you can connect number with quantity. For instance, number 12 can be associated with dozen. And even connect numbers with important years in your life or history.

If things are still tough, then you can relate numbers to specific alphabets. For instance 61 is A. Immediately you relate A to apple and from there to 61.

Is not this association is an extra mapping. So extra information to store for easy retrieval.
    I am not questioning that whether it would be able to retrienve what was memorized using this way. Offcourse it would. Because it has been designed for the same.

But is not this overhead created at some stage ( temporal , situational ) hurt u ?
    I mean to say that this might be uselful for certain patterns or situations that one trains himself/herself on , but would not it affect the cumulative performance ( where the sum can be on temporal basis , or it may be on all situations and possibilities).
    I think it would affect somewhere else and so on cumulative basis , the net is the same.

We are unable to memorize many things and get bogged down. Being a Guinness World Record Holder in Memory, I am sharing my memory tricks only with you Jat Landers.

Rrrr. Can't save! Panic. The disk has an error, its memory space is skipping.

The computer is down. Similarly small things slip out of our memory bank. Error? Lack of storage space? No. They are kept somewhere in the subconscious mind. Only we have not filed them in a systematic manner, claim the experts. With umpteen books and lots more on the net, solutions for memorizing are aplenty, especially during exams.

From childhood we have been associating things. For instance a small child sees his father's face to call him papa. The conclusion: we are able to remember pictorial things more than abstract ones.

Let's start with the brain's two parts:

Left Brain Controls Right Brain Rules

Logical Fantasies
    Thinking Imagination
    Calculation
    Sequencing Color

When both these work in harmony, a genius is born, states Tony Buzan, another memory expert. There's a small memory test you can perform to check your capabilities before you embark on a memorizing spree. Close your eyes and imagine yourself in your bedroom. Now starting from the wall on your right, try to visualize everything in the room. You know exactly where each and everything is placed. Isn't it incredible? You are so familiar with things that you can remember them blindfolded.

I have developed a basic scheme to memorize things in a proper way:
    • Association
    • Thoughts
    • Confidence
    • Pictures
    • Concentration
    • Oddities
    • Color
    • Exaggeration
    • Power of senses

HOW TO DEVELOP THESE QUALITIES

Let's begin with association. Pick any ten words at random. Now you can connect them with a story. And then go back into your memory bank and you'll find them in the order you had kept them.

Now you are on the road to a better memory. So adopt a technique to systematic learning. Take regular breaks. It's a myth that longer learning sessions enhance memorizing power. Relax after every 50 minutes.

Drink lots of water. Keep a glass of water by your side to keep you alert.

Revise the material after 24 hours and do the second revision after seven days. The third revision could even be after three months.

Try and learn the same thing in the place you first learnt it in. It makes it easier to recall.

Concentrate and learn but don't force yourself.

Since you're fully geared to activate your memory pulse, why don't you start right now.

All the very best for ur book Ravi

Talking

Best of Luck Ravi Bhai .....

Koi ye bhi batao ke dimaag ke liye External Hardisk kehan milti hai or kitne GB ki hoti hai ...... Yaar aaj kel memory ka bura haal hai ...
    Sanjeet Ahlawat
    "Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas." - Marie Curie
    +91 9873485784
    ----
    :p:D

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeetsparp View Post
    Best of Luck Ravi Bhai .....

Koi ye bhi batao ke dimaag ke liye External Hardisk kehan milti hai or kitne GB ki hoti hai ...... Yaar aaj kel memory ka bura haal hai ...
    Vaise, Sanjeet, mein personally mila hoon Ravi se - he is brilliant boy indeed. Iska brain-processor bhi ghanni speed ka sey - boojh le ak kitne Giga-Hertz ka sei? A Jat super-computerkid !
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Is not this association is an extra mapping. So extra information to store for easy retrieval.
    I am not questioning that whether it would be able to retrienve what was memorized using this way. Offcourse it would. Because it has been designed for the same.

But is not this overhead created at some stage ( temporal , situational ) hurt u ?
    I mean to say that this might be uselful for certain patterns or situations that one trains himself/herself on , but would not it affect the cumulative performance ( where the sum can be on temporal basis , or it may be on all situations and possibilities).
    I think it would affect somewhere else and so on cumulative basis , the net is the same.

Still i second my thoughts on this , barring exceptions it more about the neural network framework , the more u train , the better u r !

Thumbs up

Well done ravi...Pls give us a simple example so we can understand it better.
    "Mine is a peaceful religion, I will kill you if you insult it"

!!!!!Association!!!!!

I don’t know why eyes of most people struck there. Let me tell you Anilji what you say ((((Extra Association)))) is not extra association. But it is the one of the way, how to learn association? Some time we associate ourselves with information unknowingly.

But for perfect learning and recalling association is must.

Secondly about ‘’Thoughts’’
    There’s no person in this world who can stop his/her thoughts.

Every time when we eat, study, talk, play etc thoughts keep coming in our brain.

Scientists say that per minute nearly about 20-30 thoughts come in your brain and they are of not same pattern but they are of different events which we experienced in our life or may be going to experience.

Now, before I proceed forward.

Let we have a short discussion on few questions given below so that when I write next time, then we can understand perfectly the procedure:
    How to learn fast?
    How to recollect fast?
    How to forget?
    How to sustain information in our brain for long time?

And we have to discuss on following questions:

What is Memory?

What is the most important thing for learning?

How we are able to concentrate?

How interest is developed?

So readers you have to put up whatever comes in your brain for above 4 questions.

Trust one who has tried

Login to view details.
    !!!!!Association!!!!!

I don’t know why eyes of most people struck there. Let me tell you Anilji what you say ((((Extra Association)))) is not extra association. But it is the one of the way, how to learn association? Some time we associate ourselves with information unknowingly.

But for perfect learning and recalling association is must.

Hey Ravi ,

m not getting stuck on " association " ! Although i never tried it myself but i have seen my friends doing this , making some kind of rhymic sequence or codes !!

I would technically call that a hash table for an easy lookup !

Offcourse as i said previously , it can help u getting the retrieval for that particular thing fast.

but if u think hard enough , is association is the way to go , and it increases your capacity to memorize better , then think of the following procedure.

1. Read a thing.
    2. USe associations of the same.
    3. Retrieve the thing.
    If w e follow the above procedure , and leverage it large enough. ( Leverage is just increasing the amount of the same ) !

this would mean that we can retrieve everything we read ever !

Would make up an arbitrage , which is against the nature. ( One cant defy nature , can one ? )

Hope u appreciate the point.

What i am trying to say , that i believe if u associate , u r creating an overhead , which is ofcourse helping u in this process , but would hurt u somewhere else.
    Ofcourse we use very little of all that we have at a particular moment of time , hence we dont appreciate this fact.

I'm surprised that our in-house resident poet Vijay has not yet contributed to this
    thread with a wonderfully crafted poem...something on the lines
    of...yaad unki staati hai hume...nuskon ki hai zaroorat yakeenan...lekin yaad-dhaast mitane ke liye...

Vijay??? Bhootni nae paanda choda ya na? Ek Kavita ho jaye "memory"
    ke vishye pe?
    :eek: I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them.
    :D There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
    Let's agree to respect each other's view, no matter how wrong yours may be.