33 62.26%
  • Internet Explorer

20 37.74%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firefox or IE User?

Firefox or IE User?

Are you are firefox or IE user?

Firefox is good but IE is the Best ......... Microsoft still rules the Net
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    well firefox is winning the poll so far :p

Quote Originally Posted by rahulkumar View Post
    well firefox is winning the poll so far :p

Right now it is 2 is to 1 in favour of IE

Best of luck ... buddy

Mozilla Firefox!!

So because I found it's faster(yes), more reliable and of course durable.
    If my lappy hangs and any restart takes place Firefox always prompts me to open the last session. I like that as it helps me not lose track of important but half-explored links.
    I am not happy with IE 7.0 on Vista. If I close one IE window then all the associated windows close on their own displaying "Internet Explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem". That pisses me off. It has actually cost me much time.

Till today the market share of IE is huge and far greater than Firefox's but Firefox's market share is rising at a good pace. During 2004-2006 Firefox had already taken 10% of audience from IE.

Though I have used IE for almost 9 years, 6 months with Firefox have been wonderful and so continuing". It feels better with Mozilla Firefox. I like Firefox's mascot too :-)!

Thanks,
    Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by rahulkumar View Post
    Are you are firefox or IE user?

Cool

bhai mei te Safari use karya karun......

merra vote tei thalli gaya pher....:p
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Firefox 3 Beta 4 is 5x faster than IE7

Vijay,
    You should check out this link:
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=548

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

few reasons why i like firefox -

- ability to turn off javascripts on site with noscript - http://noscript.net/
    - ability to restore sites in case there is a crash
    - ability to go to site directly by simply typing in the words. For example, you can type "jatland forum" in address bar and it will take you directly to forum homepage.
    - automatic clearing of private data, cache every time i close the browser.
    - It's fast and it able to handle multiple site without any problems.

I hate Mozilla Firefox because it does not give full support to Unicode fonts of other languages. To test this, any one of you can see a lengthy Hindi post at Jatland, using Mozilla Firefox browser – you will find many Devnagri words split or clubbed together/ unreadable. IE or Netscape have no such problems.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

i still can't believe firefox lost. very sad

safari is gud too and should be given a spot
    It Ain't a Party If Ya Can't Come Round
    sqlserversolutions.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Vijay,
    You should check out this link:
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=548
    I checked it now Satye

I agree that Firefox have some advantage regarding some factors But IE have more options and still very user friendly and universal ( you know ) .

Can you give some examples on these more options?

Can you give some examples on these more options?
    Even though I like Firefox and I use it for 80% of the time. But when I have to read Hindi web site, I use Internet Explorer. Jatland posts written in Hindi are not readable in FF.

Here are some of the things that IE7 has but I have not found them in Firefox
    1. Content Advisor
    2. you can have 4 different security zone in IE(Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted site and Restricted site) and you can assign different security level for each zone. I am not sure if FF has that kind of security.
    3. Quick tabs
    4. Tab list

I find FF search feature better than IE.

I like them both and this poll has only two options. I wish there were some more options available.
    Last edited by arunshamli; March 22nd, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Bhai Arun,
    In my humble opinion, these features are not very compelling in IE. For the longest time, it was a well known fact that the security hazards in IE were much worse than in Firefox, despite having security zones etc. Also, the other features related to Tabs can easily be added in Firefox through extensions.
    Here is a link that you will find interesting:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/11/m...ie-7-with.html

By the way, I tried Firefox 3 Beta 4 myself. I was really quite amazed by the speed with which it loaded websites, especially those that had Javascript and Flash on them.
    -Satyeshwar

Firefox or IE user

Mozilla Firefox

Bhai Arun,
    In my humble opinion, these features are not very compelling in IE. For the longest time, it was a well known fact that the security hazards in IE were much worse than in Firefox, despite having security zones etc. Also, the other features related to Tabs can easily be added in Firefox through extensions.
    Here is a link that you will find interesting:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/11/m...ie-7-with.html

By the way, I tried Firefox 3 Beta 4 myself. I was really quite amazed by the speed with which it loaded websites, especially those that had Javascript and Flash on them.
    -Satyeshwar

Since I myself is a big fan of FF, and I would definetly want to try the newer version of it.

Is there any new feature in FF3 that did not exit in FF2?

Satyeshwar, I just installed FF3 on my computer and this is what I got when I tried to run it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by arunshamli; March 24th, 2008 at 05:15 PM.

Sorry, but I can't debug your problem from here. Still, you can try rebooting your computer or checking task manager to see if the Firefox is already running?

Sorry, but I can't debug your problem from here. Still, you can try rebooting your computer or checking task manager to see if the Firefox is already running?
    I was just telling that Firefox may be great browser, but it also has problems.

anyway enjoy FF3.