Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone or Samsung Instinct ?

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post

Not only because i do Motorola's PR in India but i find their phones to be quite good in quality.

Imagine only a Motorola phone in India can offer you color sceen, FM, 2 GB Memory, Dictio., T9, Hinglish text all at a price below 2000.... and did i forget to mention 10 hrs of talk time?

Their new MOTOROKR E8 which won best phone award at CES Las Vegas is a classic phone and did i forget to mention MOTOMUSIC? (check motomusic ID)

See it yourself - http://musicindia.hellomoto.com/moto/home.aspx - over 350,000 songs
    Man ..I had a Moto Razr .... The phone was slow .... I would sometime hang like windows ..... The display was nothing to talk about. It finally went bad after 12 months.
    I mostly like the smart phones ... iphone and blackberrys. They have excellent displays and tons of features.

What u guys think about windows mobile (Pocket PC or Smartphones)
    दीपक धनखड़
    Journey (Long or short) starts with a single step.

Hi sid, i totally agree wid u bout dis damn motorazr........my fiance'got me one from Dubai & it begin to hang after say bout 3-4 months of usage......recently one of my frends bot the latest motorzr & he had to get d screen replaced.....and he's one guy who hardly uses his mobile.....not only did he had to get into the hassles of taking it to the company authorized showroom but had to also pay for the replacement........i must say dat d phone is not at all recommendble......
    Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    Man ..I had a Moto Razr .... The phone was slow .... I would sometime hang like windows ..... The display was nothing to talk about. It finally went bad after 12 months.
    I mostly like the smart phones ... iphone and blackberrys. They have excellent displays and tons of features.

Motorola phones hangs the least

Ever used N Series? those who have know what am i talking about. Phone hanging depends on usage as well.

By far, I would still say Motorola is best among mass market phones... they provide best phones at entry level which no one can compete

Nokia is all about quantity but not quality... remember battery case? I know most of the India telecom media who do phone reviews and form perceptions and the only reason they are pro-nokia is because of the way Nokia pampers them

Sony Ericsson is far far better than Nokia in many spaces
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

ok here goes Nokia:

• They are user friendly...anyone wants to argue on tht ?
    • Nokia has huge line up of models almost 100
    • $9.5 billion in cash and practically no debt, so of course it can invest far more then the other competitors...
    • Nokia's global market share has climbed to 37% (seimens has market share below 1%)

Nokia makes money at the low end because of its superefficient supply-chain and manufacturing systems. keeps costs and complexity under control, Such practices pushed Nokia to the No. 1 spot this year in Boston consultancy annual survey of top supply-chain operators, ahead of logistics champions such as Toyota and walmart. (Motorola was a respectable No. 12 in the ranking, which was based in part on a poll of supply-chain executives.)

Moto just has a razor....nokia has wide range of N series, and many more to come.....

but wait a min...are we talking about NOKIA< MOTO or the super phones......iPhone...
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya View Post
    ok here goes Nokia:

• They are user friendly...anyone wants to argue on tht ?
    • Nokia has huge line up of models almost 100
    • $9.5 billion in cash and practically no debt, so of course it can invest far more then the other competitors...
    • Nokia's global market share has climbed to 37% (seimens has market share below 1%)
    Nokia makes money at the low end because of its superefficient supply-chain and manufacturing systems. keeps costs and complexity under control, Such practices pushed Nokia to the No. 1 spot this year in Boston consultancy annual survey of top supply-chain operators, ahead of logistics champions such as Toyota and walmart. (Motorola was a respectable No. 12 in the ranking, which was based in part on a poll of supply-chain executives.)

Moto just has a razor....nokia has wide range of N series, and many more to come.....

but wait a min...are we talking about NOKIA< MOTO or the super phones......iPhone...

So wht abt ASUS ?
    “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.”

Best Regards,
    Maniisha

What say Sony Ericsson

i have gone thru the complete thread ...n thats strange...nobody talks abt the sony ericsson....:D
    welll iphone is getting too much publicity...by the way its just the publicity actually the phone was not that good enough to hit the market...may be u can say dont have enough features...which most of the mobile companies is going to hit the market soon ...top secret...

sony ericsson is going to launch a phone with a high mega pixel camera which no one can expect...and along with that much more to come...its just the start....

Regarding the data rates what some talked abt in the threads..that was i suppose u guys are speaking theoriticallly...actually thats not practical...

still not gone thru all the comments...
    I Can, I Will, No Excuse!

I blv Iphone is more about the hype than being a featuristic or furutristic phone.

LG and Samsung both launched their counterparts to Iphone, one i remember is LG Viewty which sucks badly

Sony Ericsson = One of the better phones i have used, easy to use, reliable, good battery and fast interface
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Thumbs up

Ya bro, concur with the words very much ... Sony Ericsson is certainly the better phones as u stated..

I've been using Sony K750i for more then 2 yrs and till nw nt a single issue; am very much satisfied!!

Rock on
    Jit

Sony Ericsson = One of the better phones i have used, easy to use, reliable, good battery and fast interface
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by maniisha View Post
    So wht abt ASUS ?
    what about it...?? we are talking about the mob phones and devices which use a simport/card to call people.....ASUS is a chinese/taiwanese corp which manufactures hardware....and small PCs....

that way Nokia also has a internet tablet .... Nokia 770, N800 and now N810....
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya View Post
    what about it...?? we are talking about the mob phones and devices which use a simport/card to call people.....ASUS is a chinese/taiwanese corp which manufactures hardware....and small PCs....

that way Nokia also has a internet tablet .... Nokia 770, N800 and now N810....
    Yep Keshav ..
    Even Asus Technology has launched advanced mobile phones also ..
    “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.”

Best Regards,
    Maniisha

iphone lovers....wait :)

wait guys......bfore buying an expensive iphone....
    sony ericsson XPERIA is on its way ..and soon its going to hit the market...and to me thats a classic phone with features and good performance....
    just google it...

think think think bfore buying

also in the coming year...can u beleive we can get 8/10 megapixel camera phone..

Well I am sure there are some telecom/electrical engineers here who would tell you that the actual cellphone is in the form of a chip that is the size of your fingertip. Once that chip is embedded into a smart device like a PDA, the device can be double up as a phone and a handheld computer. I have seen instances of people installing phones on their IPOD touch. It is a small chip that is made by QUalcomm technologies (there are others manufacturers too) that has to be sourced from someone in the telecom industry as they do not retail these chips at a consuemr level.

Can I say ... "Don't buy XPERIA also because 'then' again some other better product would be in offering"?? One cannot live like that else one might end up buying nothing and just waiting endlessly for a super-rich-featured phone at a pencil's price. Mobile technology innovation is an example of fast diffusion. I still own a Nokia 2100...but the reason for such a vague attachment is more emotional and not being a laggard in adopting innovation.

Another question ... how do you measure performance? As per you the phone is not yet in market. How was its performance measured then? As far as I remember sometime in Feb 2008 XPERIA X1 was launched in Barcelona.

These electronic jewels, for sure, can make us say "Lene waala bhi roye aur na lene waala bhi roye"

Thanks... !

Quote Originally Posted by sumkum View Post
    wait guys......bfore buying an expensive iphone....
    sony ericsson XPERIA is on its way ..and soon its going to hit the market...and to me thats a classic phone with features and good performance....
    just google it...

think think think bfore buying

also in the coming year...can u beleive we can get 8/10 megapixel camera phone..

hiyaaa sumit....welll i m in ericsson ....that says evrything....

even i know abt most of the phones performance....actually i m into that area (development+testing).....

for example i waanna tell u guys abt NOKIA N95...though it has many features...but it has failed in the basic functionallity of CALL HANDLING...most of the people are not aware of the "call drop" in Nokia N95 but its there....people will never come to know...that someone have called them...most of the people may already faced this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post

Another question ... how do you measure performance? As per you the phone is not yet in market. How was its performance measured then? As far as I remember sometime in Feb 2008 XPERIA X1 was launched in Barcelona.

Thanks... !

Ericsson...well I had already guessed when I saw 'Sweden' as location in your profile... hehehe!
    Knowing this... can I still expect you to share the negatives of XPERIA?

Quote Originally Posted by sumkum View Post
    hiyaaa sumit....welll i m in ericsson ....that says evrything....

negatives of XPERIA ...what i can say is that its lil bit thick..and thats beacuse due to the sliding qwerty keypad....also the colors

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    Ericsson...well I had already guessed when I saw 'Sweden' as location in your profile... hehehe!
    Knowing this... can I still expect you to share the negatives of XPERIA?

right said
    its a hype,,will fade away
    Sony is best
    I blv Iphone is more about the hype than being a featuristic or furutristic phone.

LG and Samsung both launched their counterparts to Iphone, one i remember is LG Viewty which sucks badly

-There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

i think iphone rules as so its apple laptop

i think what ppl are confusing with what they are using and what the phone is capable of ....

some people use pda but dont want to have internet as internet facility is every where home , office etc so why to spent $30 per month extra for that ...

if u have internet facilty on iphone then i think it works really cool with nice screen and easy to use though i dont find blackberry much impressive .. only thing is querty key board....
    ppl delete the internet facility and starts comparing ...

other phones i think so are not comparable also ...

so its laptop think one which costs $1800 around .. once u see and feel then one can tell whats the difference ... beleive me there is and thats worth ....

not everybody can afford apple things as they r on high end whereas all other things can be owned by every and now then person

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    My favorites are:
    1) iPhone
    2) Blackberry
    3) Palm
    4) Nokia

All Korean phones LG, Samsung are totally crap.... infact all their products are crappy. Their displays are horrible.

Motorola is also in the crappy category.

By the end of the day, its just a phone.... not very important.
    Last edited by naveenbazad; August 4th, 2008 at 09:15 PM.
    1) The most successful people fail the most.

but

2) Act as if it is impossible to fail.

I-Phone ROCKS!!!

...well, Use it and you shall see what the talk is all about... (it is like driving a Mercedes for the first time after have wondered why the hype when it's just another car after all!)
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...