Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone or Samsung Instinct ?

Cool iPhone or Samsung Instinct ?

we have been talking on and about phones and mobile technology for a while.....and some of us dont even know about all this when we talk all day.....yet we do a lott of bakar on phone.....personally speaking I dont like to talk on phone/mobile as much as I did a while ago.....this internet and mobile dependency has turned us merely into a crapp.....sittting all day doing nuthing productive, leading to what I call bumm soars....hoooking on to "n" no of social networks.........and chatting..hey did someone send me a scrap on Orkut....ooh i poked that gurl on FBook...did she respond.....suchaa waste...:o

Yet.....I m here to talk about the technology on our fingertips....lately I used my cell phone to connect to internet thru bluetooth.....anywhere anytime...credit goes to Airtel OFFICE....where u get unlimited internet usage by connecting to GPRS @ RS 500/monat...but hey wait...what the heck is GPRS....we are in a age where mobile operators and service providers and turning to EDGE (since 3-4 years) and even 3G now.....one of the players iPhone (AT & T formally cingular) soon will be out using 3G in May/June 2008.....besides Samsung Instinct has been usnig 3G already (which is sleeker than iPhone) has a much larger touchscreen (3.1 inch, 240x432 pixels) cheaper than iPhone, costs around $ 300...though not as kool as OSX operating system of using 2 fingers for zoom in/out.....and of course much less storage....uses sprint with $ 100 subscription......
    but whats the point ?
    ...Is it really necessary to carry a laptop now....where you can get even faster browsing on our fingertips...anytime.....
    Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE) is nuthing much but generally 2.75G...and 3G is third generation of mobile phone standards....we just need to know that these technologies are meant to transfer the data packages wirelessly in a faster and efficient way, In nutshell...allows faster web browsing wirelessly
    In terms of speed, 2.5G can offer Web access at a rate of between 144 and 384 kilobits per second, Verizon Wireless’s 3G, EV-DO Rev offers transmission rates of between 500 kilobits per second and 1.4 megabits per second....so if you want a video conference on phone....we are rite here in the "AGE"...

are we somewhere closer in India ??
    Last edited by keshavdahiya; April 3rd, 2008 at 02:50 AM.
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

There is this famous joke in which a Sardarji digs earth tens of meters deep and happily claims to an American and a German saying...
    "See here we found nothing...so India invented Wireless" []!

Something of that sort...it amuses me still.

s,
    Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya View Post

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya View Post
    No we are not...

We have a base of 300 million mobile users in India, we will surpass American mobile base in april but still we have maximum number of call drop rates....:p
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

3G Trials

Hi
    I my previous assignment in Nokia siemens Networks we carried out the 3G demo for operator "Idea" in New Delhi. The thing is we still do not have many VAS based on 3G and chunk of user traffic is still voice. 3G is common here in APAC region but usage is still very low.

Regards
    Anuj Goliya
    Regional Manager - Asia Pacific
    Harris Stratex Networks
    Direct +632 8185111
    Mob +63 920 917 4879
    Email: anuj.goliya@hstx.com

Nokia Tube 5800...ready to compete iPhone..yet another gadget

New Nokia Tube 5800 soon out this summer..supposedly claimed to be a iPhone killer....not bad....its a Java enabled phone..dont know yet if it has Flash....but here is the link about the details...
    http://www.palluxo.com/2008/04/13/no...iphone-killer/

the only drawback i see here is the internal memo of about 140 MB which can be upgraded with micro/mini cards....but then OSX is unbeatable....
    though its packed with quad-band (850/900/1800/1900Mhz), GSM/EDGE radio with 3G UMTS/HSDPA and TV-Out port for a wide-screen view. The touchscreen phone supports Bluetooth....where we can actually connect the phone to a big monitor...
    lets see who turns up to be more reliable...
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

I'm convinced that my NEXT mobile is gonna be I-phone....and u will bring it.....hope its not some chirpy trick u r paying to divert my mind from it:p well i colleague told the initial launched model had some technical flaws which have said to be taken care of....bt keep ur fingers crossed until u have one and use one
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

A sneak peak into Apple's plan for India:

IPhone is expected to hit Indian markets in Sep, 2008 with an average price of Rs. 26,000(Grey market currently is much cheaper)

Software 1.1.4 was supposed to be better but for Indian customers i guess it works the opposite way, i mean you can not recognise a number by stored name untill you have stored it with a pre-fix of +91 - 98xxxxxxxx, so i ended up storing all my contacts again to use so called upgraded software.

For all those who have an IPhone and want to upgrade to next level software also kindly note that your phone would be locked again after upgradation(contact me for unlocking).

And for those who are wasting thousands of Rs. on unlocking the phone, please contact me as it is absolutely free on net.

dude if you happen to lock the yr iPhone again thats no prob....the reason being Apple has a backup where it prompts you to restore back to factory settings......plus there are more cracks available for unlocked version then what apple offers for free.....

But have you tried unlocking it twice....what if the phone is screwed up on the second attempt....:eek:
    anyway..try hackintosh.com or google out a lott of similar sites....u know what I am talking about....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    A sneak peak into Apple's plan for India:

IPhone is expected to hit Indian markets in Sep, 2008 with an average price of Rs. 26,000(Grey market currently is much cheaper)

Software 1.1.4 was supposed to be better but for Indian customers i guess it works the opposite way, i mean you can not recognise a number by stored name untill you have stored it with a pre-fix of +91 - 98xxxxxxxx, so i ended up storing all my contacts again to use so called upgraded software.

For all those who have an IPhone and want to upgrade to next level software also kindly note that your phone would be locked again after upgradation(contact me for unlocking).

And for those who are wasting thousands of Rs. on unlocking the phone, please contact me as it is absolutely free on net.
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Apple released a new iPhone today which is going to hit the markets on July 11th. They reduced the price to $199 for the 8 GB version and made it much faster and also added GPS support. The plethora of SDK applications are going to make it an instant favorite. I think Apple is now targetting the masses with the halved price and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes ubiquitous now. I can not see any competitor today even though Google's android promises a lot of things. I am definitely going to buy one now. Who else is going to buy it now? Since they are coming out with Bharti telecom in India, I am sure that some of you are going to buy it as well. So who else and what do you think about it?
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to satyeshwar For This Useful Post:

amankadian (December 2nd, 2011)

iPhone or Samsung Instinct ?

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya
    iPhone or Samsung Instinct ?
    Daac saab, koye saa e de dyo jo aapka jee kare
    Raaaak aaaan:rock

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Apple released a new iPhone today which is going to hit the markets on July 11th. They reduced the price to $199 for the 8 GB version and made it much faster and also added GPS support. The plethora of SDK applications are going to make it an instant favorite. I think Apple is now targetting the masses with the halved price and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes ubiquitous now. I can not see any competitor today even though Google's android promises a lot of things. I am definitely going to buy one now. Who else is going to buy it now? Since they are coming out with Bharti telecom in India, I am sure that some of you are going to buy it as well. So who else and what do you think about it?
    I feel so cheated for buying the older version

Bhai, that is always the case. You will never be able to buy the best and see it on top for long.

Such a displeasure is so very common .... especially from the "Apple" consumers. he he he !

Innovation.... Catch 22 !

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post

I feel so cheated for buying the older version

Apple released a new iPhone today which is going to hit the markets on July 11th. They reduced the price to $199 for theit as well. So who else and what do you think about it?
    iPhone 2.0 sounds amazing. Its more look like a business phone, robust features and Apple is shooting down to planes with one missile. They are targeting Nokia and Blackberry. Price is really competitive and supports 3G networks also.

299 USD(Rs. 12000) price for 16 GB models sounds great and I think its a value for money. I am looking ahead to buy this phone in a near future

satte did you forget to mention that the $199 tag is when u sign a 2 years contract with AT&T and then besides that NEW iPhone only has 3G technology for better browsing...nuthing more.......
    I was more concerned about the FLASH if they wud have enabled one...
    one more thing to add to it.....as Sumit Sehrawat said above....Apple is a scam, they entice u to use there tech and by the time u are done buying an inexpensive gadget you realise that you shud have waited for a better one :p ....though I have a personal penchant for MAC and products....but still I wud say "where there is a will there is a WAY"...so try various forums for the cracks...way to go...
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Contract tu sign kar diye Kessu...mannei tei Phone-2 chehiye.........Thheek sei na..?
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

We also have to pay 30 dollars per month with that AT&T contract and that's going to hurt a bit... I think that it's the biggest minus point, but still I am very attracted towards the phone just because I don't see any other phone with the same capabilities in the market.

thodei din mein apne hindustan mein bhi bikaan laag jyagga iPhone....with Bharti/Airtel.....jo yeh free fund ke admi hain.....yeh plz apni sewa khudd karein :D:D :p:p

Quote Originally Posted by vivekpannu View Post

Daac saab, koye saa e de dyo jo aapka jee kare
    Raaaak aaaan:rock

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya View Post
    Contract tu sign kar diye Kessu...mannei tei Phone-2 chehiye.........Thheek sei na..?

after going thru yesterdays' NewsPaper (Union-Tribune;San Diego)....Apple is planning to roll out iPhone is 22 countries and sign with 70 service providers....
    plz follow the link http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontribune
    In US market after buying an iPhone you wont be allowed to get outta an Apple store without signing a contract with AT&T.....now lets see how drastic this marketing strategy mite be.......looking at Apple stocks yesterday already down by 4 points
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

My favorites are:
    1) iPhone
    2) Blackberry
    3) Palm
    4) Nokia

All Korean phones LG, Samsung are totally crap.... infact all their products are crappy. Their displays are horrible.

Motorola is also in the crappy category.

By the end of the day, its just a phone.... not very important.

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    Motorola is also in the crappy category.

Not only because i do Motorola's PR in India but i find their phones to be quite good in quality.

Imagine only a Motorola phone in India can offer you color sceen, FM, 2 GB Memory, Dictio., T9, Hinglish text all at a price below 2000.... and did i forget to mention 10 hrs of talk time?

Their new MOTOROKR E8 which won best phone award at CES Las Vegas is a classic phone and did i forget to mention MOTOMUSIC? (check motomusic ID)

See it yourself - http://musicindia.hellomoto.com/moto/home.aspx - over 350,000 songs