Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: best footballer

Any football team in the world plays to win or to entertain I am not sure. I think it is wise for any team to play more on their strengths. For Italy that is defence and counter-attack. 2006 was an exception where the Azzurris played very fast 'controlled' football. Maybe Zambrotta and Gattuso were who brought change. They run all over the pitch and all the time.

Zizou is one of my favourites too. He played for the mighty Juventus for 5-6 years. But, I am sorry to say that you had to evaluate Italian football with Matterazzi example. Personally I think he is the weakest link for the Azzurris. And please try to understand provocation happens in all sports even though it is unethical. That is how the world is. We got to live with it. What do you think about the Saudi Arabia player who got a kick on his butt from Zidane in 98 World cup. Zizou was suspended for two matches after that incident. Its been 10 years and I think that Saudi player would still be wondering as to why Zizou had to hit him. And what about his time in Real Madrid and even Juventus when he headbutted, side kicked, butt kicked, etc etc. Zidane was a superhuman footabller... I do not deny that... I admire him a lot ....but got to accept his anger management needed a lot to work upon.

Akshay, you say that Italians had planned that strategy against Zidane ... I am not sure if you watched the match ... try to remember the time he was provoked. The match was almost running for penalties. Anyways... don't you think that in the finals Pirlo overshadowed Zizou in midfield. Actually, he did. Everyone from the Azzurri side got appreciated a lot after the tournament. But if I were to judge the player of the tournament I would have chosen Pirlo over Cannavaro. Every single match Pirlo was almost perfect.

Zizou is one of the top to have ever played. No doubts!! The French side was playing pathetic till second round when Zidane took everything on himself and guided them to the finals. Final match Zizou wasn't that great and midfield was controlled mostly by Pirlo. Italians were lucky to have won against Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by mastjat View Post
    i am pleased to meet a die hard azzurri fan. i donot intend to change ur opinion or anything. i like them a lot , they are a great side today and have been like that in the past......but purely from a footballing perspective they are a shade extra defensive and it is highly likely that the italian football system teaches them to be extra defensive. i agree it is their forte, but that makes the game a bit uninteresting and thrill of the game is injured.....and when too defensive they just donot injure but kill it.......i hope u understand what i am trying to say....but again what matters is results and they have proved their mettle time and again...........but you have to admit one thing about zidane matterazzi incident, that it was unsporty of the italian team and him to provoke zidane. i think it was a planned move by the azzurri thinktank. They knew that though zidane is one man but if this one man goes then french game collapses. i mean turning to something like what matterazzi did is unethical.....and zidane or may be even you , me and others in JL would have reacted the way zidane did....because the blood rushes through a man's emotions(same was the csae with zidane) when he is falsecalled.

Also, it was never a Italian team Vs Zidane. It was always Matterazzi and Zidane affair. And that is all. After the incident there was no Italian player supporting Matterazzi. And, players like Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Del Piero being the ex-Juve mates are more closer to Zidane than to the silly foul-mouthed Inter-Milan defender. Btw, in my opinion Materazzi knows not much defending. I have always seen him pulling jerseys. Irony is that in the finals Matterazzi was the most involved. He conceded a penalty which Zidane converted(how I wish that was saved), then scored himself and then provoked the infamous headbutt !

Thanks,
    Sumit

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    very well said my friend..........well there are quite a few things that i would agree upon and few on which i wont agree.......but i think it is the way one is looking at things...i am not saying that i am right or you are wrong and vice versa .....it is just that we have got a different perception of things .......but still it was wonderfully nice to have your opinion and i must say your reasoning is rational and objective.

good luck my friend.....

Perception!! You are right Akshay[]!

Many thanks[],
    Sumit

very well said my friend..........well there are quite a few things that i would agree upon and few on which i wont agree.......but i think it is the way one is looking at things...i am not saying that i am right or you are wrong and vice versa .....it is just that we have got a different perception of things .......but still it was wonderfully nice to have your opinion and i must say your reasoning is rational and objective.

good luck my friend.....

Stupid Pele barks again...

latest from 'the stupid' Pele.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=667318

Thanks,
    Sumit

Login to view details.
    well yes you are very right about him being a badmouth!!!!!!!
    i know he was but this is extreme......i feel like kicking his balls for what he said

Christinio Ronaldo 4 sure nw days but there are many more ,
    Kaka ,
    Raul,
    Figo,
    Ballack,
    Paul Scoles...........
    list is on n on.......................
    Dream as if You'll Live Forever, Live as if You'll Die Today

Regards :

Vikas Chahar

Login to view details.
    congats to man united for a great season.....courtsey ronaldo

and guys, all of u who love soccer can join the soccer club social group

I hope they also win in Moscow on 21st !

congats to man united for a great season.....courtsey ronaldo

and guys, all of u who love soccer can join the soccer club social group

Quote Originally Posted by vikas18 View Post
    Christinio Ronaldo 4 sure nw days but there are many more ,
    Kaka ,
    Raul,
    Figo,
    Ballack,
    Paul Scoles...........
    list is on n on.......................
    dear add "juan riquelme" also...a great playmaker of Argentina
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Riquelme is good but slow....but then again.... good !
    I guess Tevez and Messi make up for his pace... ball control of Riquelme is awesome. He's awesome. Yup!!

I am sorry abour Raul(he WAS awesome once) and Scholes(only a club player) as mentioned in the above list somewhere. Generally Englishmen are over-hyped but Ballack beats them all. I don't think he is any talent. He was better at Bayern and to make fools of all he declared he's been the mainstay at Stamford Bridge. I don't think Ballack knows someone with the name of Lampard, Terry, Carvalho. Actually, Ballack is the weakest link in Chelsea...all others are much better .

Spain, as always the best team on paper, can do well this time if they off-load Raul. Despite his comeback I think Torres and Villa need to play UP.

My support???.... as always .... FORZA ITALIA!!

Italy, Portugal, Spain and Germany ... to me seem to the top performers in Euro'08.

P.S.: Just my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    dear add "juan riquelme" also...a great playmaker of Argentina