Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hard Work Hardly Pays Off ??

Hard Work Hardly Pays Off ??

We have been taught that hard work is the key to success. There is a famous saying “Hard work always pays off” and we all believe it in. I too used to believe that without hard work success is a mirage.

But I have seen many brilliant people those end up meeting disasters in their undertaking in spite of putting best of the hard work in it, in comparison to those people who meet success very early in lesser of efforts. And this story keeps repeating with them one by one in their all adventure. No matter how much efforts they have put and how good they have managed their resources, only failure comes on their way.

On other side there have been people who achieved the success very early putting hardly any efforts.

So does it mean we should conclude it like this that “Hard Work hardly pays off “and success is only the matter of time and luck?

Many people argue that it’s not only the hard work that matters, there have been lots of other factors, like attitude, conviction, discipline, which ensure the success. But if a person is deeply involved in his task with all of his resources, how can we question his attitude or conviction. Some say that it’s the smart work, not the hard work; now really don’t know what the hell it is.

So by looking many live examples, I came to believe that though hard work is very much required but there is no assurance that at the end you will be a winner. Circumstances have a big role in the success rather than hard work and all that jazz. If the time and luck is on your side then nothing can stop you in your way.

There are definitely few things where we have lest control and these things play a crucial role in the course of action.

But then yes, if we do our best, it brings satisfaction, toughness and can easily convince our soul that we did our best that’s what only we can do!!
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Mukesh its an ERA of SMART WORK not HARD WORK and even if some have an impression of being hard worker they are hardly working.
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Thumbs up Nice Write up Mukesh

Mukesh you are right if anybody did hardwork then this will be reflected in his attitude and behaviour. One can easily figure out .... I have seen some guys who worked hard for civils but couldnt make it ... now some private companies hired them at good packages. Wo kahya karein ne ek khagad boodha ho gya te ke baldhan te bhi gaya ... a tough and hard working guy will be above any day in qualities.

Acha a bit deviation, What is success?

Hard work does not mean you are working day and night to acheive something. How much efforts one has to put in depends on the intelligence level of the person. God has not made us all equal.
    Besides hard work, you need to be smart enough to strike the opportunity at the right time. If your hard work reaches the level of 'Janoon' then you can acheive any thing.
    Yoginder Gulia

Hard work

First of all, we should take time to ascertain why we should toil, what should that aim and who the winner is in real terms. We breathe on this planet earth, I think that every human being should work for the betterment of earth, maintain the universal harmony to make this place a superior place to live in both for humans and beasts. This is what we can grant to our forthcoming generation. Our aim should not collect loaves and fishes but to sacrifice our part for others.
    Happiness lies with satisfaction and result is oriented with the work.
    Greater satisfaction and happiness are always the fruit of benevolence.
    Our hard work will undeboutedly pay to us and would benefit other too. if our aim typically incluedes the fair contents. If we would work for only ourselves, we cann't be happy. And work done with a aim to serve others and give pleasure to others would keep us beyond all sins and predicaments. Human needs are small but greed brings pessimism to us, giving more grief to our life.
    So friends, success is the state of mind and persistence always pays.
    Last edited by prahladdevenda; April 30th, 2008 at 04:26 PM.
    "तेरा हुस्न दस्त-ए-ईसा, तेरी याद रूह-ए-मरियम"

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post

Meaning of success vary person to person, but in simple way we can say that whatever you have planned or whatever goal you have set for a period of time, and you end up achieving it, by investing all your limited resources and time.

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda
    Mukesh its an ERA of SMART WORK not HARD WORK
    Quote Originally Posted by ygulia
    Hard work does not mean you are working day and night to acheive something. How much efforts one has to put in depends on the intelligence level of the person. God has not made us all equal.
    Hard work itself means organizing your limited resources wisely in a proper way that it meets all the requirements of the task which you have taken in your hand, but during the course of action sometime many things went in such a way that it either changed the scenario drastically or blocked your way fully, and one has least control over it.

have seen many deserving and task oriented person getting washed off infront of a non-deserving just because latter has uper hand when it comes luck.
    Last edited by mukeshkumar007; April 30th, 2008 at 04:41 PM.
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post
    We have been taught that hard work is the key to success. did our best that’s what only we can do!!
    Hi Mukesh,

Most of us are hardcoded that Go to school, score good marks, go to college and work hard and find some good job to achive your goals.. I dont even know a single person who achived his goals by just working hard. We need to know where we are putting our efforts.. I belive most hard working animal is donkey and it is most ill-treated animal also.

People are not able to broaden thier horizon and don't sense the new challenges of this fast changing world. They hate changes and come in blame-game for their situation.

Let me give you an example, We all know that agriculture land is decreasing, but still most of peasants living in villages are blaming Govts, SEZs or other factors. They are not ready to change. I personally feel that they are most hard working people but they just shut the doors hard for any new opportunity.

I agree desitny plays it role however many times we write it for ourselves.

Regards
    Yudhvir Mor

Good Topic Mukesh......

Well i say hard work always pays. u can see the history n check it out... but also DESTINY is big thing with ur hard work...

Hardwork... as an Empolyee... pays in form of.. our own satisfaction... keep our bosses happy... n n most important give encouragement to our colleagues....which help to makes an better work environment.....

Business......... Hardwork in business is RISK ... if someone dare to take risk.. n works hard.. it pays in more than 80% cases......than with all that DESTINY have big role.... and management n way of work... People who brings new ideas/things.. n hard work... pays them lots....

Once i heard Laksmi Steel Mittal was saying in an interview.... that '' i have good planners and many people with good mind... but their are so many people in the world are more intelligent and better planner than me... whenever i bought any business i expect i will get atleast 10% returns... BUT i got 200% from many of my factories... which is not only hard work.. all i say is its 30% DESTINY as well in all thath successfull projects''

Well i m not saying what he said was 100% accurate... but he said something like that...

I do beleive the nearly same....if u do Business... u need big Heart for RISK..........

rest we never know.. and one more thing as Mukesh asks for assurance...... there is no assurance for anything if u talk abt future....BUT hope is... always stays +ve............

* well thats my saying and experieance.. if someone dont like it or not agree.. IGNORE this...

bhai Mukesh, fundamental error, but if u get the answer to this you would ve found all answers.
    if i give you olympic medal today, how much pleasure it would be? very little
    if you work, sweat and bleed to get that medal, it would mean heaven to you.

a farmer is working in the sun for hours and then the glass of water is heavenly
    where as a so called lucky guy, son of a millionaire, is tired of trying all drinks and alcohol and now wants to turn to drugs

pain and hard work will only make you realise the significance of pleasure and success.

"a positive person always considers himself lucky and happy"

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

There is nothing that is a failure. Every second that we live in our lives is a success. Going through tough times is also a success. Success in terms of knowing yourself...your inner being...your behaviour... your reaction to varying circumstances.

Tell me, what is success?? I believe it is nothing but about being happy and feeling of oneself, people around and the circumstances how-so-ever favourable or unfavourable.

Hard work pays... this may be an era of smart workers but that doesn't mean hard work doesn't pay. It is about being persistent and about being happy doing it.

What is happiness?? .... just watch a small new born baby smiling. Don't mistake it to ignorance it is in reality happiness. The baby emanates happiness. The feeling it makes the onlookers go through is nothing but success. That simple, you see.

Take it or leave it. Be happy and make your loved ones happy...and ...your life is a success!! Smile and you are a success[]!

Thanks,
    Sumit
    P.S.: Just my thoughts and beliefs.

We have been taught that hard work is the key to success. There is a famous saying “Hard work always pays off” and we all believe it in. I too used to believe that without hard work success is a mirage.

But I have seen many brilliant people those end up meeting disasters in their undertaking in spite of putting best of the hard work in it, in comparison to those people who meet success very early in lesser of efforts. And this story keeps repeating with them one by one in their all adventure. No matter how much efforts they have put and how good they have managed their resources, only failure comes on their way.

On other side there have been people who achieved the success very early putting hardly any efforts.

So does it mean we should conclude it like this that “Hard Work hardly pays off “and success is only the matter of time and luck?

Many people argue that it’s not only the hard work that matters, there have been lots of other factors, like attitude, conviction, discipline, which ensure the success. But if a person is deeply involved in his task with all of his resources, how can we question his attitude or conviction. Some say that it’s the smart work, not the hard work; now really don’t know what the hell it is.

So by looking many live examples, I came to believe that though hard work is very much required but there is no assurance that at the end you will be a winner. Circumstances have a big role in the success rather than hard work and all that jazz. If the time and luck is on your side then nothing can stop you in your way.

There are definitely few things where we have lest control and these things play a crucial role in the course of action.

But then yes, if we do our best, it brings satisfaction, toughness and can easily convince our soul that we did our best that’s what only we can do!!

Thumbs up

Navin Bhaisaab, More then agreed with u word by word here!!

Like the famous saying in Geeta, 'Karm Pradhan Hai!' ... 'Karam kiye ja Fal ki Ichaa mat kar' just like that one should concentrate only on Work..Cuz I believe Fruit is not in our hands, it kinda prefixed & predestined! :rolleyes:

But Hard Work is in our hand, so we must give our best but still if we dont get successed, then you can say that 'Hard Luck'!!...but I still believe hard work conquers all!..Hard work always pays sooner or later may be not in the form of the success but satisfaction & experience for sure!

I very much agree with you Mukesh that some guys are born lucky they get success sometimes with no efforts & sometimes with less efforts but as explained by Navin Bhaisaab they wont realize the real value of hard earned success! But it always irritates when some happy go lucky types come & preach that u havent worked hard thats why u didnt get it..

I'm firm believer of Destiny but I dont deny the importance of Hard Work either. I think Destiny & Hard Work goes hand in hand, they're more of Complementary of each other! Thats why everyone wishes u with GUDLUCK or BEST OF LUCK when ur goin for some exams or interview, nobody says best of hard work!.. Mind it!!

We're like 'Rangmanch ki katputli' there is nothing in our hand expect Hard Work, so we must give our best in right direction rest depends on our destiny....sometimes a fraction of Sec changes many lives, I call it destiny's devil dance!!...but its all predestined we cant change!!

I can understand the frustration when u give ur best shot but still u dont get successed, but one shudn't loose hope...we should keep trying in life...I know u'll always have hard feelings for God's double std as why he gives all to less deserving, for this u gotta meet him if he's there when u go from this life, then u can take his Class!

Jats always been 'Karam Yogi' they never loose heart on Hard Luck instead they give in more Hard Work to defeat Hard Luck...they're the real Fighters!...thats why Jats dont believe in god or afraid from him!

They say, HARD WORK CONQUERS ALL!!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    bhai Mukesh, fundamental error, but if u get the answer to this you would ve found all answers.

a farmer is working in the sun for hours and then the glass of water is heavenly
    where as a so called lucky guy, son of a millionaire, is tired of trying all drinks and alcohol and now wants to turn to drugs

pain and hard work will only make you realise the significance of pleasure and success.

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

i don't understand why everybody want to be big shot. why everbody is running behind somting to prove somthing. if you die then u just died there is nothing like ur big names fame after death. who cares kisne kitne paisa kamaya kisne kya kiya jindgi me. if ur happy and "shant" then thats it. or kya chahiye or kyu chahiye. bahut jayda paisa kamane se se yaa bahut bada aadmi ban jane ke baad kya hogga ???? 1 din bhudde ho jaoge yaa uss se bhi pehle mar jaoge. jit or naveen bhai saab ki baat 1 dum sahi jis kaam me khusi mile karro verna rehne do. or hamesha khud ko lucky samjo

*upar likhi lines me kissi ko gyan baatne ki kosis nahi ki gayi hai ye mere apne vichar hain

*upar likhi lines me kissi ko gyan baatne ki kosis nahi ki gayi hai ye mere apne vichar hain [/quote]

Hahaha thanx for clarification .
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    Mukesh you are right if anybody did hardwork then this will be reflected in his attitude and behaviour. One can easily figure out .... I have seen some guys who worked hard for civils but couldnt make it ... now some private companies hired them at good packages. Wo kahya karein ne ek khagad boodha ho gya te ke baldhan te bhi gaya ... a tough and hard working guy will be above any day in qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    Hi Mukesh,

Most of us are hardcoded that Go to school, score good marks, go to college and work hard and find some good job to achive your goals.. I dont even know a single person who achived his goals by just working hard. We need to know where we are putting our efforts.. I belive most hard working animal is donkey and it is most ill-treated animal also.

People are not able to broaden thier horizon and don't sense the new challenges of this fast changing world. They hate changes and come in blame-game for their situation.

Let me give you an example, We all know that agriculture land is decreasing, but still most of peasants living in villages are blaming Govts, SEZs or other factors. They are not ready to change. I personally feel that they are most hard working people but they just shut the doors hard for any new opportunity.

Regards
    Yudhvir Mor

Good explanation. Fully Agreed

Few Questions first :

1-Visualize a day when you set a target and worked on it toiling hard and in the end you were able to accomplish more than you expected. How would you feel ? What kind of sleep you think you will have that day?

2-Can a ‘donkey’ and a ‘monkey’ work alike over a given situation ? Aren’t all we human beings different in our skill sets, aptitude, approach, mental capacities etc?

3-Will we be comfortable if we decide to sit quietly instead of keep trying hard seeing the lucky ones prospering under their umbrella of luck ?

Now, what I opine :

1-Why to correlate hard work with the end result all the time? I mean its not the end result that is the decisive factor of ‘paying off’! Actually the real pleasure lies in toiling hard and cherishing the fruit which a sense of pride provides us when we work hard and feel ourselves more near to our goal. End result is of utmost importance but these small steps towards it can’t also be ignored when it comes to ‘paying off’ measurement. One must learn to enjoy working hard !

2-We all are poles apart in many a reverence and this factor is quite noteworthy. We cant presume that every kind of work can go well with everyone. Perfect result will definitely come if we single out the task based on our own skill set, and believe me that’s a very tough job to accomplish & truth is that we often fail to take up the best suited job for a reason or the other. So, the results will definitely be good if a person was able to take up a work matching his capabilities etc.

3-Luck is very dicey term ! You cant measure it precisely associating it directly with a person. How can you measure what were the efforts put as compared to the result achieved? Even if we are confirmed that the other person has been lucky all the times, then is it enough reason for you to just sit down complaining?

In a nutshell, if hard work is not paying off then don’t get intensely disappointed. Just take out your analyzing kit and dig out the reasons why this is so, where are we lacking etc as regards to “Controllable Factors”.

For the “Non-controllable Factors” just try believing in the time tested principles like “Karm kare ja aur phal ki chinta mat kar” & “Waqt se pehle aur kismat se jyada kisi ko kuch nahi milta”

Mukki ! when u work hard for yourself it always pays off , all u need to know is if u r on right track to reach where u want to reach.

My way or my way ?

Quote Originally Posted by prahladdevenda View Post
    Our hard work will undeboutedly pay to us and would benefit other too. if our aim typically incluedes the fair contents. If we would work for only ourselves, we cann't be happy. And work done with a aim to serve others and give pleasure to others would keep us beyond all sins and predicaments. Human needs are small but greed brings pessimism to us, giving more grief to our life.
    So friends, success is the state of mind and persistence always pays.
    Good Prahlad!

Keep on going!!

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    Hi Mukesh,

Regards
    Yudhvir Mor
    Agreed Yudhvir dear! And, it's a fact!!

Hard (or 'smart' as Sunita said!) work = 80%
    Time = 10%
    Luck = 10%

Rest depends on your personal decisions!

Don't worry Mukesh dear, your 'work' will always pay you! I am sure about that!!

That's it Navin bhai! Great!! Keep on doing your goodself!!

I love you!