Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HOUNOR KILLINGS IN INDIA AND JATs

HOUNOR KILLINGS IN INDIA AND JATs

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080510/main2.htm

Honour Killing
    Family strangles daughter, lover in Haryana

Balla (Karnal), May 9
    In yet another incident of honour killing in Haryana, a Jat family allegedly strangled its daughter, who was pregnant, and a local youth from the same community to death early this morning.

Later, the girl’s family kept the bodies outside their house as a “befitting lesson” for others.

What was more disturbing was that the family and villagers “supported” the act as “a measure to defeat the act of immorality” committed by Sunita and Jasbir, the lovers who were killed.

When The Tribune team reached the village this morning, located about 40 km from Karnal, an uneasy calm prevailed there. On seeing mediapersons in the village, villagers and family members started cursing the couple for causing “embarrassment” to them.

The police said for the past six months both had taken shelter at the residence of Jasbir’s sister Neelam in Machhroli village near Panipat.

She alleged that yesterday a group of 30-35 persons reached her residence and took the couple in separate vehicles. “The couple promised not to enter the village, but their pleas went unheard,” rued the sobbing sister.

Sources claimed that the girl’s family informed the police about the gory incident and none of them tried to escape from the village.

Sunita (23) had separated from her husband about a couple of years ago and was staying with her lover Jasbir (26), a taxi driver.

A panchayat member said the girl’s family was hurt after they learnt about Sunita’s pregnancy.

The sources said due to her love affair, Sunita’s marital status was “annulled” by village elders. Previously she was sent twice to her relatives’ place, but the couple managed to flee to stay together.

Karnal district police chief A.S. Chawla confirmed that the girl’s family was involved in this heinous crime. “A case of murder and attempt to destroy evidence has been registered against 29 persons and a few have been rounded up for interrogation,” he said.
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Honour killing

This is not the frist or last honour killing.
    This is common now. LOVE GAME
    What is the way out ?
    GAON KI GOAN MAE
    GOTT KI GOTRA MAE
    CHUP KAR LOVE DARMA KA YAHI HAL HOGA.
    HAVE WE LEARN ANY LESSON OR WAY FORWARD ?
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ranjitjat View Post
    http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080510/main2.htm

Honour Killing
    Family strangles daughter, lover in Haryana

Balla (Karnal), May 9
    In yet another incident of honour killing in Haryana, a Jat family allegedly strangled its daughter, who was pregnant, and a local youth from the same community to death early this morning.

Later, the girl’s family kept the bodies outside their house as a “befitting lesson” for others.

What was more disturbing was that the family and villagers “supported” the act as “a measure to defeat the act of immorality” committed by Sunita and Jasbir, the lovers who were killed.

When The Tribune team reached the village this morning, located about 40 km from Karnal, an uneasy calm prevailed there. On seeing mediapersons in the village, villagers and family members started cursing the couple for causing “embarrassment” to them.

The police said for the past six months both had taken shelter at the residence of Jasbir’s sister Neelam in Machhroli village near Panipat.

She alleged that yesterday a group of 30-35 persons reached her residence and took the couple in separate vehicles. “The couple promised not to enter the village, but their pleas went unheard,” rued the sobbing sister.

Sources claimed that the girl’s family informed the police about the gory incident and none of them tried to escape from the village.

Sunita (23) had separated from her husband about a couple of years ago and was staying with her lover Jasbir (26), a taxi driver.

A panchayat member said the girl’s family was hurt after they learnt about Sunita’s pregnancy.

The sources said due to her love affair, Sunita’s marital status was “annulled” by village elders. Previously she was sent twice to her relatives’ place, but the couple managed to flee to stay together.

Karnal district police chief A.S. Chawla confirmed that the girl’s family was involved in this heinous crime. “A case of murder and attempt to destroy evidence has been registered against 29 persons and a few have been rounded up for interrogation,” he said.

well this is a serious problem,but one thing i will say that family honour is primarily above love n all, i don't understand when people know that their family won't allow them to get marry then why they get involved themselves in such kind of relationship. I can't figureout why girls go against their parents wish.
    want to say--------- 'jo apne maa baap ke sage nahi hote vo apas me kya nibhayenge' . love means to sacrifice 4 others........n one more thing we must respect 'rishtey' getting eloped with lover is not a solution it's a poblem ........ u can't runaway from those who has brought u in this world,
    tookcare.....
    love is blind n all is 'bakwas'......
    but killing the so called lovers is also not appreciable, u can't kill someone just becoz they got married against yr wish.......

The acts of boy and girl are not acceptable in the society. The parents, relatives and other associated with them have committed this henious crime and they should be punished under the law. Society has other ways of punishing these people.
    The act of the people who commited this crime is more deplorable than that of the couple.
    Last edited by ygulia; May 11th, 2008 at 07:47 AM.
    Yoginder Gulia

I second ur thoughts Gulia bro...

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    The acts of boy and girl are not acceptable in the society. The parents, relatives and other associated with them have committed this henious crime and they should be punished under thw law. Society has other ways of punishing these people.
    The act of the people who commited this crime is more deplorable than that of the couple.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

two wrongs can not make a right
    I have no signature , Where to put my thumb impression

i pity the parents, wish they had known better.
    the couple were staying where they were getting love. it is very obvious that they wouldnt have got that love from such parents
    parents giving birth is a law of nature but that shouldnot take away from the child a right to lead his own life.
    if parents think that by giving birth they have recieved the right to decide everything for their child from his studies, his sports, his career, his partner and how many kids he should have, then it is pathetic to say the least. they dont love their children, they only love themselves and their own decisions.

killing their own child and displaying her body in the street?????? God!

if the girl had been put forcibly into a rude and abusive marriage, who is the society to not give her a right to live with the only person who really loves her to hell with such a mean society

i used to say bad about taliban but what right do i have to say a word about them, my own 'so called society' did it

if a couple love each other, why dont they have the basic right of nature to live with each other(even animal societies provide that right. just to satisfy the false egoes of the parents and the society?

"jo ma baap apne bachchon ke nahin hue, aur jinhon ne apne janm diye bachche ko maar kar display par rakh diya, wo society ke khaak hoenge"
    Last edited by navingulia; May 11th, 2008 at 03:23 PM.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Lightbulb

no questions regarding wt all hapened has brought our progressive thoughts to dust..the poor couple has been given death for their attempt to live a better life..they were killed for all reasons we know..!!

bt i have smthng more to add on to it..!!

a woman tried to live as per her wish with a person whom she liked n loved aftr her separation frm her husband..the gloom which was surrounding al over her life by tht separation incidence seemed to gt over n a ray f light in her lite came in form f tht taxi driver..bt our society nd even her parents were nt able to see thm hapy nd the society`s talks must hav made it miserable for her parents nd they were forced to act so violently, miserbly, brutlly n wt nt..the dream f a already ignored nd sarcasticaly neglectd woman comes to a tragic end..!!

now the question arises if the same wud hav been done by the son f the same family(livin wth ny woman aftr his broken marriage) wud they hav taken the same step...????

i thnk th obvious ans is No..!! instead they wud hav got his son married even bfore nd the situation wudnt hav arose in frnt f him..how hypocrate wl we be..??

rising India shining India...talking abt presenting n passing the women`s bill in the parliament nd a small wish f a woman is crushed in her own family..!!

how can we justify..!! lotsa minds to b changed lotsa minds to b taught..the issue is much bigger than it seems..nd the struggle, even more..!!
    Rozz Suraj Ki Tarah Ugg Kar Doobna Nai Chaahtaa..!!
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    the couple were staying where they were getting love. it is very obvious that they wouldnt have got that love from such parents
    parents giving birth is a law of nature but that shouldnot take away from the child a right to lead his own life.
    if parents think that by giving birth they have recieved the right to decide everything for their child from his studies, his sports, his career, his partner and how many kids he should have, then it is pathetic to say the least. they dont love their children, they only love themselves and their own decisions.

if the girl had been put forcibly into a rude and abusive marriage, who is the society to not give her a right to live with the only person who really loves her to hell with such a mean society

i used to say bad about taliban but what right do i have to say a word about them, my own 'so called society' did it

if a couple love each other, why dont they have the basic right of nature to live with each other(even animal societies provide that right. just to satisfy the false egoes of the parents and the society?

"jo ma baap apne bachchon ke nahin hue, aur jinhon ne apne janm diye bachche ko maar kar display par rakh diya, wo society ke khaak hoenge"

Very right ... my thoughts word by word

Honour killing, sounds royal(Pardon me). Where honour has been put? Is it just related with marriage or life? Intriguing.We will keep on proving that materialsticaly we have improved but as a side effect have developed acute insensitivity in terms of humanity.Whats the solution of this big confusion?
    or getting back to the cosy world of 'I'. ?

It gave me pain thinking Love is not an universal feeling but surely hatred is(its much easier,always unconditional and proved so often) and its prevailing more and more everywhere.So the whole concept of society is neither moral nor anti moral.Society is merely non-moral. Interestingly, it will degrade more as there are no apt challanges in the society(our own community as well) to move upward rather than load of distractions increasing day by day.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; May 12th, 2008 at 04:22 AM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

little bit different but truth ... its not the problem of one but the whole community

killing by girls parents is the problem of not only that parent but of the whole of our community ... this is my personal opinion ...

i may be harsh here that we ppl r very adamant .... our parents have this attiude of proving that they r right in every sense ...

i think the role of parents come in when before marriage in trying to give suggestion what is right for them .. but even after their suggestion the girl marries then they never support it ... its adamancy of the parents attitude .. they never support their daughter ... this is problem with parents ....
    according to me parents give suggestion .. daughter feels right then she take it .. if she doesnt then parents shd respect her decision and support her and make her life happy with that person ...

so attitude of each and every one shd be changed in that way .. i feel so ....

each person has ability to excel .. what is needed is the love among each other ...

what if parents chosen the guy and the guy is not right ....

so in all when marriage has hapepned then no one shd interfere in it .. make the life happy and not the hell for any one ....
    even if u r parents .. brother .. sister or neighboutr or any ...
    1) The most successful people fail the most.

but

2) Act as if it is impossible to fail.

Smile ladki ne ek kamjor faisla liya

I would say girl took a wrong decision instead of living with the taxi driver she must have given a seriuos thought about her 'identity crisis'. she must have left her parents n husband forever n worked hard to be independent.

vo to ek hell se nikalkar dusre hell me chali gayi............I don't understand the whole concept of getting married, are we girls only for marrige n kids? i mean girls must refuse to except this . she wasn't financially n socially strong that's why she became a victim, if she had been that strong i think her life would have been on otherway.. ..i will strongly say education is important 4 girls not marriage or the so called 'love'.
    one more thing 4 parents............
    aaj bhi ladki tumhare upar bhoj hai, ek dar hai,tumhari taakat nahi kamjori hai........I have seen in my village mere saath ki sari ladkiyon ki haalat.......unhe kahin bhi kuch nahi mila na apne ghar mein na sasural mein........dono jagah unhone sirf gobar utahaya aur bhans ko nilaya........they don't know abt es gaon aur ghar ke bhar bhi ek duniya hai.....aur gaon ke bujurg bhaut proud feel karte hain unpar......crap........
    4 grls............
    hamari pheli priority honi chahiye.......to be financially n socially strong.....rest baad mein. aft all this is ur life hemare har faisle hamari life ko nayi disha dikhate hain........if yr parents refuse to allow u from getting married to yr whatever..........i think it's better don't get married 4 whole life.......

Quote Originally Posted by jatriski99 View Post
    well this is a serious problem,but one thing i will say that family honour is primarily above love n all, i don't understand when people know that their family won't allow them to get marry then why they get involved themselves in such kind of relationship. I can't figureout why girls go against their parents wish.
    want to say--------- 'jo apne maa baap ke sage nahi hote vo apas me kya nibhayenge' . love means to sacrifice 4 others........n one more thing we must respect 'rishtey' getting eloped with lover is not a solution it's a poblem ........ u can't runaway from those who has brought u in this world,
    tookcare.....
    love is blind n all is 'bakwas'......
    but killing the so called lovers is also not appreciable, u can't kill someone just becoz they got married against yr wish.......
    kyounki dil pe kisi ka jor nahi chalta..... madam ji
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post

THEEK KAHI AAPNE
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by ratheetheraist View Post
    no questions regarding wt all hapened has brought our progressive thoughts to dust..the poor couple has been given death for their attempt to live a better life..they were killed for all reasons we know..!!

bt i have smthng more to add on to it..!!

a woman tried to live as per her wish with a person whom she liked n loved aftr her separation frm her husband..the gloom which was surrounding al over her life by tht separation incidence seemed to gt over n a ray f light in her lite came in form f tht taxi driver..bt our society nd even her parents were nt able to see thm hapy nd the society`s talks must hav made it miserable for her parents nd they were forced to act so violently, miserbly, brutlly n wt nt..the dream f a already ignored nd sarcasticaly neglectd woman comes to a tragic end..!!

now the question arises if the same wud hav been done by the son f the same family(livin wth ny woman aftr his broken marriage) wud they hav taken the same step...????

i thnk th obvious ans is No..!! instead they wud hav got his son married even bfore nd the situation wudnt hav arose in frnt f him..how hypocrate wl we be..??

rising India shining India...talking abt presenting n passing the women`s bill in the parliament nd a small wish f a woman is crushed in her own family..!!

how can we justify..!! lotsa minds to b changed lotsa minds to b taught..the issue is much bigger than it seems..nd the struggle, even more..!!
    AAPNE BHI THEEK KAHI

PHP Code:
    I would say girl took a wrong decision instead of living with the taxi driver she must have given a seriuos thought about her 'identity crisis' 
    . she must have left her parents n husband forever n worked hard to be independent.

vo to ek hell se nikalkar dusre hell me chali gayi............I don't understand the whole concept of getting married, are we girls only for marrige n kids? i mean girls must refuse to except this . she wasn't financially n socially strong that's why she became a victim, if she had been that strong i think her life would have been on otherway.. ..i will strongly say education is important 4 girls not marriage or the so called 'love'.
    aaj bhi ladki tumhare upar bhoj hai, ek dar hai,tumhari taakat nahi kamjori hai........I have seen in my village mere saath ki sari ladkiyon ki haalat.......unhe kahin bhi kuch nahi mila na apne ghar mein na sasural mein........dono jagah unhone sirf gobar utahaya aur bhans ko nilaya........they don't know abt es gaon aur ghar ke bhar bhi ek duniya hai.....aur gaon ke bujurg bhaut proud feel karte hain unpar......crap........
    4 grls............
    hamari pheli priority honi chahiye.......to be financially n socially strong.....rest baad mein. aft all this is ur life hemare har faisle hamari life ko nayi disha dikhate hain........if yr parents refuse to allow u from getting married to yr whatever..........i think it's better don't get married 4 whole life.......
    sabhi log aap jaisse "strong" nahi hotte madam ji..."identity" comes after survival......

"To err is human, to forgive is Divine"
    a JAT would interpret it as...
    "To err is human, to forgive is not my policy"

For sure nobody would accept the acts of the boy and girl in our society. At the same time nobody would even accept the heinous crime of their killings. Remember, no one is above the law.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Why we all blamming Parents?

In my thought Parents are not that at fault if compare with that girl.

Agar hamara paida kiya hua bacchcha hamarey hee vishwas ka katal kar raha hai to hum or kya karengay. isay saport karna bhee galat hai keukee yea eak beemari hai jitna suport kiya jaygee utnee he badhege.

Jo bachhey apney ma-baap ko keese anjaan key liyea chhod saktey hai wo kesee ke nahi ho saktey or isseliyea sabsay jayada ladai love couples mein hoti hai.

These all are my thoughts.
    WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE.

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

Post A crime and more crime to cover that crime

I don’t know weather the society is for the people or people are for society. If we see it in terms of Humanitarian angle then to kill the two people who were happy with each other is a heinous crime what there 29 people have done for the sake of pride. I am not saying that the couple was right at all they should have a respect for the laws, rules and rituals of the society, which they have not kept in mind but by killing both of them has sorted out the matter. I my view killing of any person is a heinous crime. They could have barred them entering in to the village, is necessary to kill those or to show the society the false pride. I am not defending their crime, which couple has done, but just tell me how many ladies and gents in a village have illicit relationship in their society in a particular house, in a particular “Panna” or “Thaula” , in a village, right from the school to the elderly people if you will ask somebody in personal or by encouraging they will tell you either their’s or of someone else illicit relation and tell you with a great interest, in the society. They are safe because their crimes are hidden under the cover.
    But in my view the couple had done a serious crime and the society has done more serious crime than the couple. Don’t know weather the society is for the people or people are for the society.
    Sanjeet Ahlawat
    "Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas." - Marie Curie
    +91 9873485784
    ----
    :p:D

I would say girl took a wrong decision instead of living with the taxi driver she must have given a seriuos thought about her 'identity crisis'. she must have left her parents n husband forever n worked hard to be independent.

4 grls............
    paragya ji kaafikuch achi baatein kahi..grls r nt at all 4 marriages n machines to produce children..all ths luv pyar mohabbat crap hai theek hai..bt we cant justify it like tht..if the grl was left over by her husband then do u want her to follow those old rituals f livin in isolation for whole f her life nd accept it as it comes..sab khush rehtey agar woh ghar mey akeli apni khushi ko maar kar rehti..or ussi ladki ney taxi driver k sath kya khushi dhoondh li saarey smaaj ki aankh mey chubh gai..or maar diya gaya usko..good justifications..!!

thn ur last lines dosnt do justice to the topic.. if parents dosnt allow to marry a grl accrding to her wish..thn y shall she stay quiet or acept it like tht only..we shud lite the tourch in th minds f parents nd tell thm tht the grls r nt mere objects bt living citizens with equal rights n they hav the right to choose..although the graph is goin down bt still there is need to enlighten some poor n hypocryte souls..!!

samay tezzii sey badal raha hai...humko bhi ussi tarah badalna hoga...warna kaafi kuch sehna padega..!!
    Rozz Suraj Ki Tarah Ugg Kar Doobna Nai Chaahtaa..!!
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!