Thread: !!! Thoughts that inspire your soul !!!

!!! Thoughts that inspire your soul !!!

I had this wish in my mind to share with people my thoughts of inspiration. I would appreciate all JATlanders to come forward and share your inspirational thoughts as well…
    ...about something that really touched your soul.

Your thoughts can be in form of poems, meaningful short stories, one-liners, jokes, any movie,
    an incident or a leaf out of your life/someone's life that inspired you and touched your soul.

MY TROUBLE TREE

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job, a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start. As I drove him home, he sat in stony silence.

On arriving he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. Upon opening the door he had undergone an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do at the little tree.

“Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied. “I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong to the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come back home.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

hope

One of my experience which often helps me stick to hope...

It was the day of submission of my thesis and so obvoiusly for me it was a time for celebration. So I took a rikasha for market to buy sweets. Meanwhile, I started chatting with riksha guy. He asked me…aap kaya kartee ho madam ji. I told that I study in the department and today I have submitted my thesis and therefore, looking for sweets.

He had his further questions like what does thesis means and how would it help me. I said I will get a degree. Then he said…aap kei padhai mei ek aur degree jode jayegee…..phir aap ko naukari mil jayegi kaya?……For a moment I was a bit confused what to answer him but then I said…haan mil jayegee…..boosting that education never goes waste….but he was silent….simply listening to me. Probably sitting in a comfortable place, I was in a frame to convey the importance of education to him. Then I started talking about him and was surprised to learn that he was a graduate. Beyond that point there were very few questions for me to ask but there was lot for him to share…..a guy from a very poor family with no land ..from bihar…worked real hard to get himself educated and came to the town with a hope to earn well so that he can take care of his younger brother and rest of his family member…..after a while he said…..teen saal barbaad kiyee madam ji….riksha hei chalana tha to baarve (12th) kei baad hei chal letai…kuch ab tak bacha to leya hota. I did not have any word to say beyond that…….Today he is here…running his rented riksha everyday……taking students around in the campus…..with a hope that he could save enough money. Then he said…..chotte bhai ko bola hai engineering kei tyaree kar…….kuch ban jayee wo….uskee leyee paisee jode raha ho....

And I wondered....watsoever the failures he had..he is still a man of courage.......howsoever disappointed he may be....but never let his hopes down. He is still hopefull that education may change the future of his family members....

If a person like him...dare to challange life.....dare to make things better...then how can people like us sitting at comfortable position can think of giving up so easily......
    This incident always reminds me......Never ever lose hope....keep trying....delays are not denials.....things will change as long as you do not give up....

The lines it often reminds me….

Dil naa umed to nahiin,
    Naakaam hi to hai,
    Lambii hai gam kii shaam,
    Magar shaam hii to hai

Ye safar, bahut hai kathin magar
    Na udaas ho mere hamasafar

ye sitam ki raat hai dhalane ko
    hai andheraa gam kaa pighalane ko
    zara der is mein lage agar, na udaas …

nahin rahanevali ye mushkilen
    ye hain agale mod pe manzilen
    meri baat kaa tuu yakiin kar,

kabhii dhund legaa ye karavaan
    vo naye zamein nayaa aasamaan
    jise dhundhati hai teri najar,
    Last edited by shashiverma; May 12th, 2008 at 06:35 PM.

This classy poem by Great Harivansh Rai Bachan, Inspires me a lot whenever I feel low..

नीड का निर्माण फिर फिर,
    नेह का आह्वान फिर फिर!

वह उठी आँधी कि नभ में, छा गया सहसा अंधेरा,
    धूलि धूसर बादलों नें, भूमि को इस भाँति घेरा,
    रात सा दिन हो गया, फिर रात आयी और काली
    लग रहा था अब न होगा इस निशा का फिर सवेरा

रात के उत्पात भय से भीत जन-जन, भीत कण कण,
    किंतु प्राची से उषा की मोहिनी मुस्कान फिर फिर
    नीड का निर्माण फिर फिर,
    नेह का आह्वान फिर फिर!

Rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

A must see...check this out

the words of sir deshwal really inspired me nd touched my soul !!!
    thought i wud put them here as well...wch will go in my archives.
    they were so soft-spoken nd sweet tht it made my soul resonate in unison with the frequency of self-enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    m not too far to narrate an incident like tht...it wont b wise on my part to cut paste the entire incident, cos i dont wanna disgrace myself, time nd agn for tht stupidity of mine.

nd as i write this, i wanted to delete/edit my post but realized tht the abv mentioned thread was closed...while no regrets on my stand on tht particular thread, i take this as a nice opportunity to express my honest nd humble apologies to sir deshwal.

i just got offended on his words when he compared me to a baniya, nd rightly so cos if u call any self esteemed JAT (well all JAT’s have high self esteem) a baniya, he has all the reasons in the world to get offended nd feel insulted. However tht never was the intention of sir deshwal wch he has very well explained in the same thread (post # 130). I do admit tht my outburst was totally uncalled for, but at the same time I had my reasons wch I wud like to elaborate thru a short akbar/birbal story. here it goes...

व्यापारी अपना व्यापार ख़तम कर के जाने ही वाले थे, की अकबर के सिपाहियों ने उन्हें लगान न देने के जुर्म में पकड़ लिया और बीरबल के सामने पेश किया. बीरबल ने पूछा किस की इजाज़त से तुमने इनको पकडा है. इस पर सिपाही बोले जी अकबर ने कहा था.

बीरबल ने पूछा की अकबर ने क्या कहा...इस पर सिपाही बोले, जी...उन्होने कहा...रोको मत जाने दो.

यह सुनकर बीरबल ने व्यापारियों को छोड़ दिया.

बीरबल की इस गुस्ताखी से अकबर बहुत खवा हुआ और बोला...तुम्हारी ये जुर्रत.

इस पर बीरबल मुस्कुराया और बोला. हुज़ूर आपने ही कहा था ---> रोको मत...जाने दो

the difference is only in the interpretation, however akbar said
    ---> रोको...मत जाने दो

applying same analogy to my outburst to tht incidence, i wud say tht different ppl hv different tastes nd different outluk's,
    different ppl also think in different ways...don’t u always take them for wrong...wch i did, only to realize later, after their such a sweet nd humble reply...uff it was so stupid of me to react in such an irresponsible way.

************************************************** ***********************************
    now going a bit away from the topic, i wud like to quote sir deshwal (post # 125):

परन्तु ये भी सच है , अपनी गलती मान भूल सुधार करने वाले वयक्ति साहसी होते हैं , और बहुत थोड़े होते हैं !

here i wud say tht every individual is governed by his/her inner conscience. He can lie to entire community but he cannot lie to his inner conscience. this inner conscience of any individual is so strong tht it can strip u naked...right in front of u... तो देस्वाल साहेब...अर्ज़ ये है की जब conscience ही गवारा नहीं करेगी तो मैं कैसे अपनी गलती मानूंगा...here i wud like to quote my signatures
    ---> Be BOLD in what you stand for...nd i still stand BOLD for my views on tht thread. my conscience called for a public apology to you for my outburst...so here i m...BOLD nd साहसी...to say SIR, PLEASE FORGIVE ME... I AM SORRY FROM THE CORE OF MY HEART.

when i left my office yesterday, their was sum strange sort of uneasiness tht was running thru my spine, i was very much restless. while i kept myself occupied with semifinals of IPL T-20 nd gulped few shots of tequila
    :D:D:D...but still i couldn't find peace within. thoughts मेरे मन मैं कुलबुला रहे थे nd i was very eager to see the dawn of next day nd was wondering as to how i will b able to pen down my feelings...but the inspiration was there...nd i guess i'm able to express my feelings in the best possible way i cud hv dunn it.

सर मैं आपसे उम्र मैं छोटा ही हूँ ...please forgive me as yr younger BRO
    :o
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; May 31st, 2008 at 04:57 PM.

Thumbs up Team Hoyt!!

Team Hoyt -One of the greatest Love Stories of all time.

This man has dedicated his entire life to his paralysed son. My salutes to this father... he makes sure his son enjoys life. Despite being so strong-willed....this father too breaks down sometimes.
    Watch this video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRvsO8m_KI

Dick and Rick Hoyt are a father-and-son team from Massachusetts who together compete just about continuously in marathon races. And if they’re not in a marathon they are in a triathlon — that daunting, almost superhuman, combination of 26.2 miles of running, 112 miles of bicycling, and 2.4 miles of swimming. Together they have climbed mountains, and once trekked 3,735 miles across America. It’s a remarkable record of exertion — all the more so when you consider that Rick can't walk or talk.
    For the past twenty five years or more Dick, who is 65, has pushed and pulled his son across the country and over hundreds of finish lines. When Dick runs, Rick is in a wheelchair that Dick is pushing. When Dick cycles, Rick is in the seat-pod from his wheelchair, attached to the front of the bike. When Dick swims, Rick is in a small but heavy, firmly stabilized boat being pulled by Dick.
    At Rick’s birth in 1962 the umbilical cord coiled around his neck and cut off oxygen to his brain. Dick and his wife, Judy, were told that there would be no hope for their child’s development.
    More...http://www.teamhoyt.com/

Anything for their child/children...that's how parents are. My salutes!!
    Once again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRvsO8m_KI
    Last edited by sumitsehrawat; May 31st, 2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Grammatical...!!