Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Open letter to the admins of Jatland

Smile Open letter to the admins of Jatland

The idea of creating a site for Jats all over the Globe was such a nice one and thanks for the imagination what respected Nitin Dahiya dreamed about. People came forward to appreciate and contribute for the noble cause.

Since then Jatland had travelled so many miles on the highway of population and popularity. Now we are a proudy prospect of internet world having more than 10,000 members got registered at Jatland .... so far

Now when we have all the strength to face anything .... it's time to think about what we are upto ? What's Jatland all about. Was it dreamed about to be an hub for some entertainers or was it dreamed about to be a model and/or common stage to help and appreciate the Jat community and to make an impact at Global level ?

Right now .... i don't think that Jatland need any help from anyone else as we are going well both with quality and quantity. Correct me if i am wrong here

I became members of Jatland in 2005 and since then i watching jatland closely. Those nice and healthy discussion on threads are rare. Almost every thread is being dragged off track. Members using such a language in forums which is not acceptable by any means ......... where we are heading to ?

Honest question : Is quantity matters than the quality .......... even now when we seems to be self suffiecient to protect our identity and honour at global level.

The Mods : What's their significance ?

Honestly for what they exists ?

Are they here to control the procedings or they are here to act when things get out of control ?

A person can vomit all the craps in chaupal and mods seems reluctent to act upon. A stupid can even abuse a female mod and later that night another male mod seems confused about imposing ban on that person.

Why you people impose the job to the people who even don't know what is their responsibility when they are assigned to this job.

I tried so many times to make any contact with mods whenever someone was/were talking indecent in chaupal ....... and most of the times mods liked to log out instead of handling the situation. Just like Indian politicians ...

Jatland Admins, Mods, and all other respected members ....... please forgive me if i had typed something wrong or unacceptable here.
    Last edited by vijay; May 16th, 2008 at 01:43 AM.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

only reply is

teacher gives lecture ...there r various students .. from the same class from the same topic one reads and handles big situation whereas another does nothing .. teacher wants every body to perform in the same way .. but can he force .... in other words .. can moderators force ......i dont think no ..

regarding that chaupal thing ...
    there is one line .. my tolerance level is reached .. u misbehaving .. report to moderator .. ban is there ...

ppl dont want to complian but want ban..

regarding tolerance level .. every body can say i am not tolerating this and i think no one can say interfere in their life ...

no one for u r so important that u say stop talking and he or she keeps on
    1) The most successful people fail the most.

but

2) Act as if it is impossible to fail.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Well, Very well and nice observation. I too think the same way as majority of postings are non-serious. It is ok to have freedom of speech as we have all kinds of people around belonging to different school of thoughts. It is a healthy sign that we get all kinds of postings. It is good in a way

But, there should be some level of control in at least some of the threads so that all the threads do not end up in same non-serious conclusion.

I think in my opinion, there should be an editorial thread which should be have controlled expression so that only the constructive views are published. There should be a intellectual group which should read the views, review it and then decide which should be posted on the net. One editorial a day only which should retire after a week and no more posts on that thread. People should send the views about a topic and then it should be reviewed and then posted.

Let other threads be a free flow....

This will improve the quality of postings at least in editorial section

{when we have all the strength to face anything .... it's time to think about what we are upto ? What's Jatland all about. Was it dreamed about to be an hub for some entertainers or was it dreamed about to be a model and/or common stage to help and appreciate the Jat community and [/COLOR][/B]to make an impact at Global level ?
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][COLOR=sienna]Right now .... i don't think that Jatland need any help from anyone else as we are going well both with quality and quantity. Correct me if i am wrong here

Vijay, I challange if you can get this answer, kindly let me know as well, I do not see any possibility of balancing the acts as adding new features were more important than quality posting.

Lets see if any Big Boss issue a white-paper over it.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; May 16th, 2008 at 06:37 AM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Explanation

Hi Vijay,
    You have asked a few unrelated questions and put them in a single thread. I am unsure whether to answer all of them or just address your main grievance against the moderators, so for now I will only address the latter as that seemed salient in your thread.

Moderators are supposed to largely leave the threads alone. Knit-picking every thread is typically not in anyone's interest and even if members feel like a large number of threads have been moderated in the past, you will be surprised that this number is a very small percentage of the total threads that have been posted.

Secondly, the male moderator that you have talked about in your thread is relatively new at being a moderator (doing his duty for the past 3 weeks only). He is learning when to be strict and when to be lenient and as I had posted in my thread introducing him, members need to allow him some time before he understands the nuances of moderatorship. I am sure when you joined your job, there was a certain training period involved, right? The same thing applies here.

Finally, I have said time and time again, Moderators cannot catch every culprit every single time. Believe it or not, we all have other jobs that we have to tend to as well. Members can either be helpful in catching those culprits by saving chat logs, reporting abusive threads etc. to the moderators, or they can blame the moderators for everything that goes wrong here. Also, keep one thing in mind. Just because you want someone banned because you think they said something invalid doesn't automatically mean that person will be banned. They will be given a fair chance to explain their side of the story and the right action will be taken after looking at all the evidence. We are not politicians, but we are not pawns either!
    -Satyeshwar
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Quality to be our first concern

[quote=vijay;169584]The idea of creating a site for Jats all over the Globe was such a nice one and thanks for the imagination what respected Nitin Dahiya dreamed about. People came forward to appreciate and contribute for the noble cause.

Since then Jatland had travelled so many miles on the highway of population and popularity. Now we are a proudy prospect of internet world having more than 10,000 members got registered at Jatland .... so far

Now when we have all the strength to face anything .... it's time to think about what we are upto ? What's Jatland all about. Was it dreamed about to be an hub for some entertainers or was it dreamed about to be a model and/or common stage to help and appreciate the Jat community and to make an impact at Global level ?

Right now .... i don't think that Jatland need any help from anyone else as we are going well both with quality and quantity. Correct me if i am wrong here

I became members of Jatland in 2005 and since then i watching jatland closely. Those nice and healthy discussion on threads are rare. Almost every thread is being dragged off track. Members using such a language in forums which is not acceptable by any means ......... where we are heading to ?

Honest question : Is quantity matters than the quality .......... even now when we seems to be self suffiecient to protect our identity and honour at global level.

The Mods : What's their significance ?

Honestly for what they exists ?

Are they here to control the procedings or they are here to act when things get out of control ?

A person can vomit all the craps in chaupal and mods seems reluctent to act upon. A stupid can even abuse a female mod and later that night another male mod seems confused about imposing ban on that person.

Why you people impose the job to the people who even don't know what is their responsibility when they are assigned to this job.

I tried so many times to make any contact with mods whenever someone was/were talking indecent in chaupal ....... and most of the times mods liked to log out instead of handling the situation. Just like Indian politicians ...

Jatland Admins, Mods, and all other respected members ....... please forgive me if i had typed something wrong or unacceptable here. [/quote

DEAR VIJAY SINGH JI

WE ARE GROWING AND WE PROUD OF IT, BUT WE KNOW THAT ALL PEOPLE ARE NOT SAME. SOME PEOPLE ARE REALLLY COME HERE TO JUST FOR FUN . THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND OF IMPORTANCE OF OUR JATLAND. YOU ARE RIGHT, WE NEED QUALITY FIRST THEN QUANTITY.
    योगेन्द्रसिंह

Treat Life As Sea, Heart as Seashore and Friends like waves.
    It never matters how many waves are there?
    What matters is which one touches the Seashore.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    [B][COLOR=sienna]

]
    Jeha tak maie samjta hoo mods apna kaam kar rehe hai.. Though sometime the need is felt of quick and strict action but that doesn’t mean we should blame to moderators for everything happens wrong here in jatland.

I personally think every member as a individual is enough capable to handle such a nonsense who talk indecent in choupal.. either one can ignore him or could report to moderator for ones rude behavior…

But most of the times I have observed that some members behave very irresponsibly and speak utter nonsense specially while talking with female members but female members too enjoy it instead of ignoring him or reporting to moderator, and it ultimately encourage that person to carry on with his craps in choupal..
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

my views on the subject are not too different. i too agree to mr. mukesh (above post) tht moderators are doing their job to their best. its very difficult to pin-point each and every wrong doing on JL...as such it becomes collective responsibility of all JATlanders to inform the Mod's at most opportune time and with some concrete evidence...like saving the chatlog etc...remember its everybody's responsibility.

abt the role of Mod's (specific to the subject incident)...i 100% agree with satyeshwar

at the same time we must not forget that different ppl think in different ways, taking this viewpoint in retrospective and applying it on myself...i wud say tht i don't read each and every thread. i only go for threads which r of interest to me...guess everyone can do that. although i m new on JL, i feel that we still have old and new threads tht call for healthy and meaningful discussions...its like buying vegetables from the vendor...u'll buy only those that u want.

if we start pin-pointing evry wrong doing on JL then we'll have umpteen threds on...do this...dont do this...do that...dont do that etc etc.
    i personally feel that JL is doin fine nd progressing by leaps nd bounds...no regrets so far...
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; May 16th, 2008 at 03:15 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Exclamation opsssssssssssssssssssss...........

As Usual, Always happens when a new Mod comes in JATLand Team. :tamatar
    Deepak Sejwal
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said Satyeshwar bhai.
    But got one doubt...can't these chat logs be interpolated by the complainant (the Bhola Bhandari) and then reported to the moderators?

Baaki saari baat aapki ekdum theek.

Thanks...!

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Hi Vijay,
    Members can either be helpful in catching those culprits by saving chat logs, reporting abusive threads etc. to the moderators, or they can blame the moderators for everything that goes wrong here. Also, keep one thing in mind. -Satyeshwar

सीधी और सच्ची बात !!!!!

Mr.Vijay ji, concern to your silent quote, let me also clarify the facts, neither the authority given me the responsibility to rule here, nor I want to take any initiation to over-rule.

Before raising any accused finger on others we should know about our behaviour, this is just to remind you whether you forget about your previous (unexpected) reply on a thread (reply no. 131) regarding Mukesh Samota Ji……although I don’t want to give the link (you know better...why...? ) यहां गडे मुर्दे उखाडना उचित न होगा....?

You are taking this matter unnecessarily in diplomatically manner as openly…Who is here businessman, farmer or a politician none of your business and nobody supposed to tell you that what action taken by The Admins/Mod and up to what extend.

We are sincere and hard working people which are the foundation of our progress. The criteria of accepting the Job truly to serve for the betterness of JAT LAND and our Community in healthy and decent manners.

We know better our limitations and domain of our responsibility.

Regards
    मेरी जिन्दगी.....मेरा अन्दाज
    Work as a Labour.....Live as a King.
    कर भला हो भला.....अंत भले का भला
    To do better make changes where necessary and find other avenues.
    ALL POWER IS WITHIN YOU. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. BELIEVE IN THAT.
    अपने तो अपने होते हैं.....बाकी सब सपने होते हैं ।

Thumbs up

Bhaisaab, I always admire your 'सीधी और सच्ची बात' !!

Very well explained! ...

You're doin a great job, keep it up!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by virendernarwal View Post
    Mr.Vijay ji, concern to your silent quote, let me also clarify the facts, neither the authority given me the responsibility to rule here, nor I want to take any initiation to over-rule.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Here, i wud like to ask one thing. How many times have it happened ? Is this ignorance is continued or for the first time ? Vijay ji, did u complaint before also and no action was taken ? If not then i feel this thread is an outcome of ur personal emotions that u made a complaint against someone and that memeber was not banned as per ur expectations. So, i feel ur personal ego might have hurt.

If moderators are not listening at all then u shud start a thread loke this. But on very first mistake(if it is) then u shud wait for sometime and enquire it at backend, silently. Bringing such a small topic to all members is an irresponsible act.

As mentioned by Mukesh and advocated by Mr Tewatia i too feel its members responsibility too. I have noticed a lot of time in chaupal that female members saying NO PM PLEASE. Why do they do that ? Cant they simply ignore them ? When they say even a single word the guy becomes more curious and attracted towards her. The best way is to keep silence and igone him and intimate the mods abouth his filthy and raunchy language, if he uses. Other members also shud not keep silence that time. They shud pressurise him to use decent language and maintain the decorum. But it hardly happens. So, blaming moderators for everything is very incorrect.

Before raising any accused finger on others we should know about our behaviour, this is just to remind you whether you forget about your previous (unexpected) reply on a thread (reply no. 131) regarding Mukesh Samota Ji……although I don’t want to give the link (you know better...why...? ) यहां गडे मुर्दे उखाडना उचित न होगा....?

You are taking this matter unnecessarily in diplomatically manner as openly…Who is here businessman, farmer or a politician none of your business and nobody supposed to tell you that what action taken by The Admins/Mod and up to what extend.

We are sincere and hard working people which are the foundation of our progress. The criteria of accepting the Job truly to serve for the betterness of JAT LAND and our Community in healthy and decent manners.

We know better our limitations and domain of our responsibility.

Regards

You are doing a good Job Narwal Ji. Hope u will continue it with same zest in future too.
    ALL THE BEST

rabbu
    Login to view details.

सीधी और सच्ची बात !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    You are doing a good Job Narwal Ji. Hope u will continue it with same zest in future too.
    ALL THE BEST
    Pirya Pathko ( Dear Readers)

Hello Vijay JI

Today u wrote a letter to Moderator of Jat Land and u wrote in this that mods are not working properly their job and u also wrote that they are doing politics.

Vijay ji ek baat main es pater ke dawara sab logo ko bata dena chahata hun ki jo loh Seese ( miror ) ke gharo main rahteh hain wo dusro ke gharon pe pather nahi feka karte, i mean "Those people who are living under mirror house, they don't throw stone on others house"

Main ek baat or bata dena chahta hun ki mailny hum sabhi jat land ke member Zamidar or dehati gharo se sambhandh rakhten hain to aapne samaj main ek kahawat bahut famous hai or wo es parkar se hain
    "
    "Kaka ke haath main kassi bahut halki lagti hain"

or ye tabhi ahsaas hua tatabb wo kassi kaka ne apne beta ke haath mein di, tabb usko ahsaas hua
    ki haan kisi ko adesh dena or Nirdesh dena bahut aasaan hota hain ot diye hue aadesho ka pallen karna bahut muskil hota hian

So main kuch or jayada sapace na lete hue bus main yahi baat batana chahta thaa ki bhai kisi ke Ungli uthana bahut asaan hota hain lekin kisi ko marg darshan karna or usko ek achcha rasta ( way ) dikhana bahut aasaan hota hain

So i request to the our New Moderator of Jat Land MR. Virender Singh NArwal ki aap en choti moti baaton ke jayada heavy na samjhe , because Narwal Saheb India main ek kami hain ki jo people Zindgi main kuch karke dikhte hian toh ass - padoss ke logo ki dikkat hoti hain ,

Narwal bhai saheb se meri vinnti hain ki aapn aapne path se vichlit na hove or es Jat Land ko or es Jat Land ke Mandh Budhi members ko Andhere se Parkash ki or le jave. Meri aape se yahi pararthana hian.

baaki padhen
    सीधी और सच्ची बात !!!!! ke aagle ank main

Thanx alot

ha ha ha ... bhaiyo tum te sare iss chore ke pache lag liye ... ha ha ....

Kuchek baat Vijay bhai ne theek kahi hein jaise thread ki disha badalna .... using bad words and rude lang .... but I dont agree with Vijay on the mod function on this ..... maine pahele bhi ek thread likha tha mods ke liye ....
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21071

Aur mujhe lagta hai ki jo bhi mods hein wo ek bahut keemti waqt de rahe hein iss site ko .... and we should appreciate that ... perhaps they are not earning of this job .... its voluntary .... why not out of us come forward to accept it if we think that there are some issues. Vijay you can also be one of them. We will welcome you.

Mod banane se sirf aadmi apni person hatred badhata hai iss site pe ... mujhe to yahi lagta hai ... .... Please dont target them ,.... I remember Sumit sehrawat used some discontented words once but then I asked him to try once to check if mods are listening or not ... he tried and now the result is that we are having a separate Sports forum here to discuss for sports.

So bhai Vijay .... dont get dis-heartened ... try try again and am sure that the mods are not deaf here ... i have severally contacted them and they have replied me back ... though sometimes I found their replies not pleasing to me as they are not my expectations ... but when I look at them impartially they might be right from their angle ... will write about one incident in a separate thread.

But I request members too .... not to get personal if Vijay have quoted silently something ... as this will increase the gaps only and not convince the other with strong words. He is most active member and may differ in his thoughts but by our polite replies too he can find the conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by imravipanwar View Post
    Pirya Pathko ( Dear Readers)

baaki padhen [/SIZE][/SIZE]सीधी और सच्ची बात !!!!! ke aagle ank main

Thanx alot

ji apka patar mil gaya :D:D ab mehrbani hogi ki aap iska agla ank na nikale to :D
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Wink

hahahaha!! :D:D:D Bhai tu tension mat na le, iski chithi-patri mein beech mein hi jabt kar loonga! :p:p

Waise bhai Royal Jat Ravi, gud attempt waise Narwal bhaisaab himself is very rational & intellectual person he knows how to tackle negative criticism!!

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post
    ji apka patar mil gaya :D ab mehrbani hogi ki aap iska agla ank na nikale to :D
    Last edited by cooljat; May 16th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Narwal ji .... ya baat aapne theek kahi ... uchit te katiye konya hota gade murde ukhadna ... and it would have been much better if you would not have quoted the mentioned incident even ...

Lyo Sumit dahiya aali Chill-Pill er suno ya ragni ...
    "Dhake Dhakae dhol dhare sein te dhare rahan de re ... kyun pachle paap ughade se ..."

Kisse ka faeda na narwal ji ... haan aapne iss pahele para mein ee sari baat kahe di .....
    "let me also clarify the facts, neither the authority given me the responsibility to rule here, nor I want to take any initiation to over-rule."

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post
    ji apka patar mil gaya :D:D ab mehrbani hogi ki aap iska agla ank na nikale to :D
    Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    hahahaha!! :D:D:D Bhai tu tension mat na le, iski chithi-patri mein beech mein hi jabt kar loonga! :p:p
    ha ha ha ... ke kuhladi mein guf fod rahe so bhaiyo tum ... ke kime fake id ka rolla se ke ... ha ha ... just kidding ...