Thread: Suggestion to avoid fake ids

Suggestion to avoid fake ids

There are too many people around at JL nowdays with fake ids or one person with too many ids. But I was just wondering what attracts one here to create such fake ids and the only attraction which I could think of at JL is chaupal.
    Most of the time people create fake ids so that they can come and vomit out all nonsense in chaupal and the place instead of being a plateform for fruitful discussion/genuine interaction is turning out to be ......*****

I have a suggestion. Instead of making chaupal accessible to everyone who registers, is it not possible to make this feature available based on some criterion.
    For instance guest users can not look into the profile of active users untill unless they register. Similarly, i think it should be possible to make chaupal accessible to eveyone who registers initial for a period of 5 usage (or 5days from the date of registertion) and then they should prove themself qualified. Like they may be obliged to fill a form in which they should mention any 5 user of chaupal (atleast 1 of them should be the one whom mods can genuinely rely or a member of JL for long time) who support their membership and some minimal number of mails they have contributed to threads. It would be very much like verifying e-mail address.
    I do not think it should be diffcult to incorporate such feature. I agree that it may not ensure 100% freedom from unwanted users but I am sure it would certainly reduce the users who are here simply to bother others.

This same sugesstion of referrals of active JL members has been given many a times.

But nothing has been done so far....

MODERATORS...........PLS listen.....it's for ur's convinience as well..

Else you'll always have to keep Banning of fake ppls...
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

Yes, we need to make our Jatland secure. Fake ID bhi hai plus beraana kitne baaniye baahman naayi teli bhi padhe sei mhaari baat Jat surname laga ke. Some suggestions de raha hu….. aasha hai ek baar to padhe jayenge… padh lena kade moongfali ke jukar chilke cheel ke uda do!

Lumber 1: People (whatever number) who have not logged on to Jatland for last one year(for example)…. deactivate (don’t ban) them. They can later join when referenced by fellow Jatlanders.

Lumber 2(a): The already existing behroopiya’s can easily be traced over a period of time with their actions on Jatland. For the time being…let them enjoy. Dhoort log aksar moorakhta kar baith te hai… they’ll be caught sooner or later.

Lumber 2(b): Ok, let’s try this. I am sure Jatland has a database entry for all the passwords. Use it. Figure out the uncommon yet same passwords of different IDs. Ban them immediately. If possible, throw a “jooti” (via an emoticon:D!) at them…. Waise ye theory fail hai….chor ye padhte hi password badal lenge.

Lumber 3: Today, anyone can spy (people actually do that) on anyone at Jatland. Control this by providing an option for the scrapbook to have private settings. As in, “messages visible to friends only”. If not then please remove that feature which prompts us on the reason of deleting a message. I am fed up with that. Also, do not take this as orkutization… it is required so suggested.

Lumber 4: Provide different layers for a new member to join Jatland. After his/her/third-category’s initial registration, ask for references. Such references should be from existing members.

P.S.: If you cannot understand this post then don’t worry even I cannot…. I spent too much time today on Jatland so ‘maybe’ outta my head. Maybe!! Ar manney ghana khopra kha liya ho to manney ban kar dyo ! Bas itni choti si Post Script likhni thi.

Yes .. Your all suggestions are very gud I agree with your all these suggestion especially lumber2(b) and Lumber 4.
    I am also agree with Shashi Most of the time people create fake ids so that they can come and vomit out all nonsense in chaupal .
    Here,I have also one suggestion , new member should not access in chaupal unless untill he/she complete a certain number of threads(like to become a active member).

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    Yes, we need to make our Jatland secure. Fake ID bhi hai plus beraana kitne baaniye baahman naayi teli bhi padhe sei mhaari baat Jat surname laga ke. Some suggestions de raha hu….. aasha hai ek baar to padhe jayenge… padh lena kade moongfali ke jukar chilke cheel ke uda do!

Lumber 1: People (whatever number) who have not logged on to Jatland for last one year(for example)…. deactivate (don’t ban) them. They can later join when referenced by fellow Jatlanders.

Lumber 2(a): The already existing behroopiya’s can easily be traced over a period of time with their actions on Jatland. For the time being…let them enjoy. Dhoort log aksar moorakhta kar baith te hai… they’ll be caught sooner or later.

Lumber 2(b): Ok, let’s try this. I am sure Jatland has a database entry for all the passwords. Use it. Figure out the uncommon yet same passwords of different IDs. Ban them immediately. If possible, throw a “jooti” (via an emoticon:D!) at them…. Waise ye theory fail hai….chor ye padhte hi password badal lenge.

Lumber 3: Today, anyone can spy (people actually do that) on anyone at Jatland. Control this by providing an option for the scrapbook to have private settings. As in, “messages visible to friends only”. If not then please remove that feature which prompts us on the reason of deleting a message. I am fed up with that. Also, do not take this as orkutization… it is required so suggested.

Lumber 4: Provide different layers for a new member to join Jatland. After his/her/third-category’s initial registration, ask for references. Such references should be from existing members.

P.S.: If you cannot understand this post then don’t worry even I cannot…. I spent too much time today on Jatland so ‘maybe’ outta my head. Maybe!! Ar manney ghana khopra kha liya ho to manney ban kar dyo ! Bas itni choti si Post Script likhni thi.

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    cant thro light on other lumbers, but i guess lumber 4 is gud suggestion. we r a small nd well knit community...one can surely find few gud references in existing members of JL to open a new account...dont know how far this can b practically feasible nd implemented
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!