Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: ^^ accountability of moderators/editors ^^

Satinder bera na mai rolle dorey pohonch jaya karu akk rolla maere dhorey....but i think at times i'm at right place....In sector-14 there's a property dealer the guy is Dahiya but he chose his shop's name KHANNA PROPERTIES:on the joke was good no doubt. Brahm is bound to be upset as it was his first joke too....mahrey modde "UNIQUE" sain kai tai ghaney samjh jya sain kai katti na samjhein....:Dso bear with them until they work out to be balanced koye na wey bi tai insaan sain....and as it goes>>>>To err is human....but it feels divine(in case of mods)
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]
    apart frm having yr opinion on the deletion of this thread nd whether this is a JAT/non-JAT joke, my concern now is :
    [/B]
    1. wat is the yardstick used to appoint MOD's/Editors nd who is accountable for their actions (if found wrong)
    2. Dont you think tht being a public figure, the profile of the MOD/Editor shud b accessible to all JATlanders.
    3. If they feel they r not obliged to answer any JATlander then where shall we take our concerns/greviances.
    (in my personal opinion, they dont deserve to be MOD/Editors if they cannot spare time or address the issue)
    .................................................. .................................................. ....

I 100 % agree with your above mentioned point,

If they are not reachable to public,(or willing to be reachable) or not giving a reply when being quiestioned, what's the point to make them MOD's...

If they don't wish to solve/clarify the matter, why did they opt for Mod's job...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by sunitahooda; May 28th, 2008 at 08:38 PM.
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    my humble apologies sir, for causing any hurt
    my last post wasnot specifically addressed to you, i was responding to regular bashing and questioning of integrity of moderators/admin.
    but i still stand by what i said, i have used the word 'we', so the criticism i have made according to my little understanding applies to me too.

sir, u questioned the credibility (word used by you) of one moderator who has no personal grudges against you or me. my threads have also been deleted and moved when required.(see that is why i personally have great respect for these moderators. i have lost patience at times but i have never seen them lose patience.)

in my own personal opinion, being a Jat doesnot make me any greater or lesser. i have tremendous respect for other communities and individuals and definitely will try to learn from everyone including yourself.

i always see how well the sikh organisations work, where as most jat organisations fail with differences. i also see how successful they are. i personally dont see any harm in learning from them.

we both have a right to believe in what we believe in
    my apologies again
    (i rest my case)
    thanks
    bhai naveen, pls remove the word apologies frm yr post...aap ye keh kar pls. sharminda na karein.
    ...everyone has its viewpoint nd the freedom to express, nd thts the reason tht brings us here on a common platform. i wud even go to appreciate evry JATlander who is putting his precious time to make JL a lively place worth visiting.
    in fact, my apologies here...as i had no intentions to hurt anyone's feelings. so pls take the issue as a matter of discussion ONLY.

(my thread was earlier deleted by mr. sitaram jhakar, but i never felt bad abt it...in fact i was rightly told by mr. jakhar to be carefull in choosing my words)

Last edited by brahmtewatia; May 28th, 2008 at 09:01 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

i dont think i could ever imagine making a website for jats and then managing it with thousands of trgger happy jats around. the thought makes me panic
    Bhaaisaab ek kahaavat hai na "hansaaye ka naam na hove, ruvaaye ka naam ghana ho hai". koye nyu na dekhta ak site bana di, maadi motti moderation hogi to itna dukh hoya. take it easy Mr.Brahm.

Talking तोड कर दिया बेबे तनै भी जवाब मैं … सागर में गा

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    Satinder bera na mai rolle dorey pohonch jaya karu akk rolla maere dhorey....but i think at times i'm at right place....In sector-14 there's a property dealer the guy is Dahiya but he chose his shop's name KHANNA PROPERTIES:on the joke was good no doubt. Brahm is bound to be upset as it was his first joke too....mahrey modde "UNIQUE" sain kai tai ghaney samjh jya sain kai katti na samjhein....:Dso bear with them until they work out to be balanced koye na wey bi tai insaan sain....and as it goes>>>>To err is human....but it feels divine(in case of mods)
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters:D:D

my humble apologies sir, for causing any hurt
    my last post wasnot specifically addressed to you, i was responding to regular bashing and questioning of integrity of moderators/admin.
    but i still stand by what i said, i have used the word 'we', so the criticism i have made according to my little understanding applies to me too.

sir, u questioned the credibility (word used by you) of one moderator who has no personal grudges against you or me. my threads have also been deleted and moved when required.(see that is why i personally have great respect for these moderators. i have lost patience at times but i have never seen them lose patience.)

in my own personal opinion, being a Jat doesnot make me any greater or lesser. i have tremendous respect for other communities and individuals and definitely will try to learn from everyone including yourself.

i always see how well the sikh organisations work, where as most jat organisations fail with differences. i also see how successful they are. i personally dont see any harm in learning from them.

we both have a right to believe in what we believe in
    my apologies again
    (i rest my case)
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    bhai naveen, pls remove the word apologies frm yr post...aap ye keh kar pls. sharminda na karein.
    ...everyone has its viewpoint nd the freedom to express, nd thts the reason tht brings us here on a common platform.
    in fact, my apologies here...as i had no intentions to hurt anyone's feelings. so pls take the issue as a matter of discussion ONLY.

(my thread was earlier deleted by mr. sitaram jhakar, but i never felt bad abt it...in fact i was rightly told by mr. jakhar to be carefull in choosing my words)

गुड टू सी दा रिपलाइज … थैंक्स बोथ ओफ़ यू टू सैट एन एज़ामपळ ओफ़ गुड रिपलाइज …

Quote Originally Posted by vivekpannu View Post
    Bhaaisaab ek kahaavat hai na "hansaaye ka naam na hove, ruvaaye ka naam ghana ho hai". koye nyu na dekhta ak site bana di, maadi motti moderation hogi to itna dukh hoya. take it easy Mr.Brahm.
    bhai jo fact hain aap pehle unpe gaur famayein jara....
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

she is the one who is doing her job efficiently here.and why do not you speak directly and tell her name.bharti she is the one who always acts on the right time .its very easy to find flaws in others
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    this gives enuff more gud reasons for further introspection into her capacity to work as MOD/Editor of JL
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

oh really i think yesterday alot of people were in bad mood.thats why they were acting ****py.stop this blaming game .
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Well i can only say....

she was in bad mood yesterday..:p

same crap happened with me also:thappad....:rock

Quote Originally Posted by ritu View Post
    she is the one who is doing her job efficiently here.and why do not you speak directly and tell her name.bharti she is the one who always acts on the right time .its very easy to find flaws in others
    Okie maa'm, but did you really studied what all he wanna say...??

speak her directly....????

if that had been possible, he wouldn't have come here...

no ,i did not,because every other day you will see threads like this making a mountain out of a mole hill.[.quote=ssgoyat;170848]Okie maa'm, but did you really studied what all he wanna say...??

speak her directly....????

if that had been possible, he wouldn't have come here...[/quote]

if us all closely follow that thread there has been something added and there after local dictionary was used ..... dose'nt that suffices it all

one of our friend even talked about that (Imaginary word) other one simply said that its banned ... but talks were going on ... can we use some level of insight ... instead of blame game

One thing i have noticed here on JL is that people just follow the last remark and base their opinion on the same instead of consuming time and going to the real cause ...

i have deep respect for MODS of this site whoever he/she maybe and i respect their devotion and time that they put onto a community cause ....

arrrr plz mods every good attracts many bad reviews -- so keep up the gud job as appreciated by navin bhai

i also would like to open one such conspiracy...

just digging deep into to get the proofs and gawaah's...to validate it..

My longest post ever on Jatland.....

Dear fellow members,
    I am sure all must be waiting for my response to this thread. Sorry for the delay.

1. This thread has been posted in wrong forum. This kind of topics are discussed in About Jatland. So this thread needs to be Moved( I shall look into this later.)

2. I owe No explanation to anybody here. Mr Nitin Dahiya had asked me to be a Moderator and he must have had some confidence in my decision-making thus nominating me a Moderator. If any, I owe explanation to Only him. Nobody else.

3. I am trying to make certain things clear here, as the person who has started this thread is very new to Jatland and does not seem to know much about its functioning.

Most of the issues would be solved If new members take some pains to read the Archives of Jatland. Why threads are closed, why people are given warning/infraction, why someone has been Banned,...... most of the Why's would be answered. It would surely help.

4. The said thread has Not been Deleted as has been claimed here. It has been Closed, which means people can still read that thread. Only no further replies can be sent to it.

The Original joke posted was:

आपणी नुक्कड़ आली दुकान पै, एक जाट हलवाई खाली कढाई मैं कड्ची घोटन लाग र्या था...
    लोग बाग़ आते जाते या सब देखन लाग र्येह थे...उनमें कई JATlanders भी थे, त एक inquisitive JATlanders त र्याह कोण्या ग्या...
    ...वा बोल्या...
    ...र.र.र..डाकी के बनान लाग रह्या है...
    जाट हलवाई बोल्या...chuthia

I would like to know HOW MANY MEMBERS HERE ADVOCATE THE USE OF WORDS LIKE ……. HERE ON JATLAND.

This thread was Deleted by one of the Mods because of this word.( I would have sent an Infraction too with at least 3 points for using such word here).

I saw the original post as the Mods have this advantage of being able to see the Deleted posts.

The person posted the same joke again simply replacing that word.

When a thread is Deleted, the person should look into the reasons why that happened.

As a Mod, I read all new posts daily. The Title of the thread was same as earlier and in Devnagari script. Titles in Devnagari script create problem with database. Hence I decided to change the Title. But since I was to close this thread, ( yes I had decided on that), I had to change the Title from Devnagari . Hence I changed the Title to Halwai ( Jat Halwai is another joke by some other member) so as to mark that this was the joke which had been posted earlier and writing R R R Daaki….. didn’t suit in Roman.

It was not because of the Halwai being a Jat or not, made it a Non-Jat joke. Anybody can be in any profession. People misunderstand me when I say :
    "Simply adding Jat with Halwai does not make it a Jat-joke.”

IT IS NOT AN ISSUE OF A JAT BEING A HALWAI. THE WORD CHUTIYA IS THE REAL REASON THE THREAD WAS DELETED FIRST AND WHEN POSTED AGAIN REPLACING THAT WORD WHICH MADE ME CLOSE IT. Why people who claim to be mature and educated individuals have to be told that this is not the kind of words/language you should be using here?

Please go to the Archives and read the numerous jokes posted there which have been Closed as they were considered Non-Jat. You shall know what we mean by a Jat-joke that should be posted here on Jatland.
    Maybe one should go to Wiki where DND ji has put up a good collection of Jat-jokes
    http://www.jatland.com/home/Humorous_Jokes_in_Haryanavi

Anybody wants to Discuss the Accountability of Members???

I have had issues earlier too regarding the use of such words especially with Mr Sid Chhikara.
    I greatly admire his writing skills, his command over the language and knowledge on various subjects. But when I objected to his using some obscene words in his posts, he went to the extent of making a personal comment like – I behave this way since my daughter too visits the site. So I do this moral policing.
    Yes, I was hurt by this comment.
    I wanted to write to him then gave up thinking – maybe when he has kids, he might someday realise… But I have no hard feelings for him.

This is all part of the job I do here. Before agreeing to be a Mod, I was ready for these brickbats too. So many times I just choose to ignore rather than responding.
    BUT my silence should not be mis-understood as some weakness.

My daughter no longer visits this place. She hardly has time for this.
    There was a time she used to learn some Haryanvi thanks to the Humor section. But I do not encourage her to read any jokes here any longer.

5. If members have any problem/ grievance, they need to write to the Admins/ http://www.jatland.com/forums/sendmessage.php
    Then they can use the PM facility as well to contact the Mods.

Besides being a Mod, I too am a member of this site. My scrapbook is Not for anybody and everybody to come and paste anything there. Just like any other member, it is My wish whom I choose to write scraps for me. I cannot allow everybody. Period.

It was I who asked Satyeshwar ji to close the option for Friend request for the Mods as this would lead to people accusing us of being biased towards our Friends. Moreover, it would be annoying to those whose friend request I would reject. Then the Mod would be termed arrogant too.

I did not think it necessary to respond to the PM. People would want to know Why??
    Here is the PM sent to me by the person questioning my accountability:

shame on you

ch ch ch so said...who made u the editor...

cant hv guts to reply me back...even deleted the option of visitor's msg...so tht no one can see wat i posted...shame on you...pathetic.

I thought it better to Ignore.

6. And Jatland does not run on any one members’ personal opinion. Its about taking more than 10,000 people together. Is it not an achievement in itself?

7. Regarding Mr Goyat’s crap
    I did not want to make it public but since that issue has come up, I need to talk.
    What does it mean when you want to talk to a person in PM in Chaupal and the other person does not respond?? Does it not mean that the person is trying to Ignore you?? But Mr Goyat would not understand this. He tried talking to Ritu in PM which she did not like and asked him to talk in Main( this PM issue has been discussed in another thread too). Ritu and some other members present there including myself tried to make him understand this but he would not listen. After arguing with him for quite some time, Ritu left. Then he started commenting on her and when he refused to stop, I had to Kick(yes, this is the command) him out of Chaupal. He was given almost an hour before he was kicked out.
    I don’t need to bring in witnesses here to justify my action.

I think this is the longest post I have ever written on Jatland.
    It should not be seen as emotional outburst of a Female Moderator.
    I am a Jatni from Haryana.

This is all I have to say.

Regards,
    Bharti.

I applaud your patience and how you dealt with an uncomfortable situation with dignity.
    Quote Originally Posted by bharti View Post
    Dear fellow members,
    I am sure all must be waiting for my response to this thread. Sorry for the delay.

1. This thread has been posted in wrong forum. This kind of topics are discussed in About Jatland. So this thread needs to be Moved( I shall look into this later.)

2. I owe No explanation to anybody here. Mr Nitin Dahiya had asked me to be a Moderator and he must have had some confidence in my decision-making thus nominating me a Moderator. If any, I owe explanation to Only him. Nobody else.

3. I am trying to make certain things clear here, as the person who has started this thread is very new to Jatland and does not seem to know much about its functioning.

Most of the issues would be solved If new members take some pains to read the Archives of Jatland. Why threads are closed, why people are given warning/infraction, why someone has been Banned,...... most of the Why's would be answered. It would surely help.

4. The said thread has Not been Deleted as has been claimed here. It has been Closed, which means people can still read that thread. Only no further replies can be sent to it.

लोग बाग़ आते जाते या सब देखन लाग र्येह थे...उनमें कई JATlanders भी थे, त एक inquisitive JATlanders त र्याह कोण्या ग्या...
    ...वा बोल्या...

I would like to know HOW MANY MEMBERS HERE ADVOCATE THE USE OF WORDS LIKE ……. HERE ON JATLAND.

This thread was Deleted by one of the Mods because of this word.( I would have sent an Infraction too with at least 3 points for using such word here).

I saw the original post as the Mods have this advantage of being able to see the Deleted posts.

When a thread is Deleted, the person should look into the reasons why that happened.

As a Mod, I read all new posts daily. The Title of the thread was same as earlier and in Devnagari script. Titles in Devnagari script create problem with database. Hence I decided to change the Title. But since I was to close this thread, ( yes I had decided on that), I had to change the Title from Devnagari . Hence I changed the Title to Halwai ( Jat Halwai is another joke by some other member) so as to mark that this was the joke which had been posted earlier and writing R R R Daaki….. didn’t suit in Roman.

It was not because of the Halwai being a Jat or not, made it a Non-Jat joke. Anybody can be in any profession. People misunderstand me when I say :

IT IS NOT AN ISSUE OF A JAT BEING A HALWAI. THE WORD CHUTIYA IS THE REAL REASON THE THREAD WAS DELETED FIRST AND WHEN POSTED AGAIN REPLACING THAT WORD WHICH MADE ME CLOSE IT. Why people who claim to be mature and educated individuals have to be told that this is not the kind of words/language you should be using here?

I have had issues earlier too regarding the use of such words especially with Mr Sid Chhikara.
    I greatly admire his writing skills, his command over the language and knowledge on various subjects. But when I objected to his using some obscene words in his posts, he went to the extent of making a personal comment like – I behave this way since my daughter too visits the site. So I do this moral policing.
    I wanted to write to him then gave up thinking – maybe when he has kids, he might someday realise… But I have no hard feelings for him.

This is all part of the job I do here. Before agreeing to be a Mod, I was ready for these brickbats too. So many times I just choose to ignore rather than responding.

There was a time she used to learn some Haryanvi thanks to the Humor section. But I do not encourage her to read any jokes here any longer.

Besides being a Mod, I too am a member of this site. My scrapbook is Not for anybody and everybody to come and paste anything there. Just like any other member, it is My wish whom I choose to write scraps for me. I cannot allow everybody. Period.

It was I who asked Satyeshwar ji to close the option for Friend request for the Mods as this would lead to people accusing us of being biased towards our Friends. Moreover, it would be annoying to those whose friend request I would reject. Then the Mod would be termed arrogant too.

I did not think it necessary to respond to the PM. People would want to know Why??

shame on you

cant hv guts to reply me back...even deleted the option of visitor's msg...so tht no one can see wat i posted...shame on you...pathetic.

6. And Jatland does not run on any one members’ personal opinion. Its about taking more than 10,000 people together. Is it not an achievement in itself?

I did not want to make it public but since that issue has come up, I need to talk.
    What does it mean when you want to talk to a person in PM in Chaupal and the other person does not respond?? Does it not mean that the person is trying to Ignore you?? But Mr Goyat would not understand this. He tried talking to Ritu in PM which she did not like and asked him to talk in Main( this PM issue has been discussed in another thread too). Ritu and some other members present there including myself tried to make him understand this but he would not listen. After arguing with him for quite some time, Ritu left. Then he started commenting on her and when he refused to stop, I had to Kick(yes, this is the command) him out of Chaupal. He was given almost an hour before he was kicked out.

Regards,
    Bharti.
    Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. So I am perfect :p

Thumbs up Befitting...

Bharti ji,

May I say you're a cool and brave Jatni of Haryana.
    You're doing a very good job.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    Bharti.

Dear fellow members,

...वा बोल्या...

Please go to the Archives and read the numerous jokes posted there which have been Closed as they were considered Non-Jat. You shall know what we mean by a Jat-joke that should be posted here on Jatland.
    Maybe one should go to Wiki where DND ji has put up a good collection of Jat-jokes
    http://www.jatland.com/home/Humorous_Jokes_in_Haryanavi

5. If members have any problem/ grievance, they need to write to the Admins/ http://www.jatland.com/forums/sendmessage.php
    Then they can use the PM facility as well to contact the Mods.

shame on you

Regards,
    Bharti.
    Now things are clear. This person(BPT) has created lot of confusion and misrepresented the facts. He does not deserve to be a member of this forum. You(MOD) have done a wonderful analysis of facts. We appreciate your efforts and concern for this forum. thanks a lot.
    Last edited by ygulia; May 29th, 2008 at 01:38 AM.
    Yoginder Gulia

Thumbs down good job done by mod

mods we appreciate your job.keep it up...aur bhai tewatia ,,woo kadhai mein kuch banya ,,na ,, banya,,, lekin jo kadhai mein ban-na tha woo tera ban gaya.....bhai itne third grade joke kit tey likhey hai tu ? sick:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Red face

Oho......ya baat thi ke.....

Well, mine observation is:-
    Simply PM'ing a female member, who was leaving the chaupaal to:wait(1st PM), rukko(2nd PM)....ATTITUDE????????(3rd PM) (jab unhone main board pe likha ki me unhe jabardasti PM kar raha hu)......that's it...

i, many a times, stop ppls to Inivite them for DJM'S...specially famale members, whose contibution has always been negligible...to come forward.

why it's always been considered as taboo (i don't know y, maybe it's my wrong perception that i feel comfortable in PM @ chaupaal, because in the main board, the conversation keep rolling up and you have to search for your replies, if u're talkin to so many members at one go)

It's no question that i only talk to female members only,in PM....whenever i find a new member (unknown to me), i immidiately PM, aja bhai pehlam mere gel mukka-laat kar le....:D

arr mera is "No PM please" babbat ek-do aur gel pehlam bhi misunderstanding hoi thi", jo baad me sort out ho gayi thi...ak yo ade ka kanoon sai..

Chalo..anyways...i shall ask from now onwards...whether PM or no PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding that controversy (wo is se bilkul hatke hai).......filhaal to yahi ek kaafi badi baat ban gayi hai.....

wo me aapko PM karke batata hu (all testimonials n proofs, u being a MoD/Editor)...yahan pitara kholna uchit nahi....

its not yet over...pls. b patient until the climax is reached.
    jumping to conclusions is the easiest thing one can do, as shown by so many members out here. hwever a proper introspection can only determine the TRUTH...
    (ms. bharti will get all the answers bck as to how she has manipulated the entire context of the issue to defame
    me)
    (interested JATlanders...pls keep track of the word(s) used...it may b noted tht i've taken screen shots of this entire thread, so as to avoid any further manipulation by those who hv the right nd might to do tht.)
    ppl hv the tendency to get biased when they listen to one side of the story...thts human...but remember there is always a flip side of the coin.
    so, i repeat...pls. b patient...the saga continues !!!
    :D
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; May 29th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jatanomics View Post
    ...aur bhai tewatia ,,woo kadhai mein kuch banya ,,na ,, banya,,, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    bhai raj यो तो मन्ने न बेरा के वा कढाई में कुछ बन्या के ना,
    पर हाँ तू जरूर वो बन ग्या जो वा हलवाई बनान लाग र्या था
    :D:D:rock

(dont jump on conclusions...hv patience)
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!