Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ^^ accountability of moderators/editors ^^

Thumbs down ^^ accountability of moderators/editors ^^

^^ accountability of moderators/editors ^^

i'm not sure, whether its appropriate on my behalf to quote individuals in public or not...nd whether to bring this concern of mine publicly, but still i felt right to bring this to the attention of all JATlanders...
    ...just few days back, i posted a joke in the humor section with the title...
    ...र.र.र..डाकी के बनान लाग रह्या है...
    (link : http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24405 )

only to realize day before yesterday tht this joke has been very unceremoniously deleted on JL by editor madam sahiba ms.
    Bharti Malik Sindhu by commenting:

"Simply adding Jat with Halwai does not make it a Jat-joke.
    This thread is being closed."
    unquote

...she even went ahead to change the title of the thread to "Jat Halwai" (...in my view thats not justified)

i immdtly posted a visitor msg on her profile tht: ...m'aam i really pity yr information abt jats, if u think tht jats r not halwai's...nd yr action of deleting the thread was totally unjustified. however,
    instead of replying to my concern she removed the msg frm her visitor buk nd changed the settings so tht no one can NOW post visitor msgs to her. later, in fact i posted a PM to her...still no reply, yet.

the fact, however is tht a lot of jats these days have taken to the profession of halwaigiri. dont know the exact place in eastern UP, where JAT's r very much doing this profession. even personally, i know quite a few jats in villages of delhi, even in rohtak, b'garh, palwal, where jats r in this profession.

apart frm having yr opinion on the deletion of this thread nd whether this is a JAT/non-JAT joke, my concern now is :

1. wat is the yardstick used to appoint MOD's/Editors nd who is accountable for their actions (if found wrong)
    2. Dont you think tht being a public figure, the profile of the MOD/Editor shud b accessible to all JATlanders.
    3. If they feel they r not obliged to answer any JATlander then where shall we take our concerns/greviances.
    (in my personal opinion, they dont deserve to be MOD/Editors if they cannot spare time or address the issue)

P.S.
    1. This joke was previously submitted by me to mr. sitaram jakhar (editor) and was posted later, after his prior approval...(no doubt, as advised by mr. jakhar, i did removed the exact word which is the appropriate synonym of
    बावडी बूंछ/बेवकूफ)
    2. despite of the fact i'm not so fluent in jaatu (haryanvi) i tried my best to give the joke, its perfect touch.
    3. this thread shud b taken as my polite/humble nd sublime submission to my concern, with no intention to hurt feelings of any individual(s)...watsoever.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; May 28th, 2008 at 02:23 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    ^^ accountability of moderators/editors ^^

i'm not sure, whether its appropriate on my behalf to quote individuals in public or not...nd whether to bring this concern of mine publicly, but still i felt right to bring this to the attention of all JATlanders...
    ...just few days back, i posted a joke in the humor section with the title...
    ...र.र.र..डाकी के बनान लाग रह्या है...
    (link : http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24405 )

only to realize day before yesterday tht this joke has been very unceremoniously deleted on JL by editor madam sahiba ms.
    Bharti Malik Sindhu by commenting:

"Simply adding Jat with Halwai does not make it a Jat-joke.
    unquote

...she even went ahead to change the title of the thread to "Jat Halwai" (...in my view thats not justified)

i immdtly posted a visitor msg on her profile tht: ...m'aam i really pity yr information abt jats if u think tht jats r not halwai's...nd yr action of deleting the thread was totally unjustified. however,
    instead of replying to my concern she removed the msg frm her visitor buk nd changed the settings so tht no one can NOW post visitor msgs to her. later, in fact i posted a PM to her...still no reply, yet.

the fact, however is tht a lot of jats these days have taken to the profession of halwaigiri. dont know the exact place in eastern UP, where JAT's r very much doing this profession. even personally, i know quite a few jats in villages of delhi, even in rohtak, b'garh, palwal, where jats r in this profession.

apart frm having yr opinion on the deletion of this thread nd whether this is a JAT/non-JAT joke, my concern now is :

1. wat is the yardstick used to appoint MOD's/Editors nd who is accountable for their actions (if found wrong)
    2. Dont you think tht being a public figure, the profile of the MOD/Editor shud b accessible to all JATlanders.
    3. If they feel they r not obliged to answer any JATlander then where shall we take our concerns/greviances.
    (in my personal opinion, they dont deserve to be MOD/Editors if they cannot spare time or address the issue)

P.S.
    1. This joke was previously submitted by me to mr. sitaram jakhar (editor) and was posted later, after his prior approval...(no doubt, as advised by mr. jakhar, i did removed the exact word which is the appropriate synonym of
    बावडी बूंछ/बेवकूफ)
    2. despite of the fact i'm not so fluent in jaatu (haryanvi) i tried my best to give the joke, its perfect touch.
    3. this thread shud b taken as my polite/humble nd sublime submission to my concern, with no intention to hurt feelings of any individual(s)...watsoever.
    Tewatia g i read that joke and even i was surprised why that joke has been closed by mods , it was a nice joke and looking absolutely fine as like other jat jokes. Dear Mods plz clearify why it has been closed?
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Thumbs down

Well i can only say....

she was in bad mood yesterday..:p

same crap happened with me also:thappad....:rock
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

Smile A word of caution...

C*ap: This word's usage is vulgar if used as an noun or as a verb. When used as an adjective...its fine.

Enjoy...!

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post

Smile ..................

Bhai Tewatiya I am agree with you...I am originally frm western u.p...I am just giving the example of my village ,In my village also there are around 15 jats doing the business of halwai..and they are doin it very well. And now every where as u tell jats are doing the same business.

If mrs. Bharti think that jat can't be a halwai than she is wrong.
    pLS UPDATE UR G.K....
    :tamatar:boxing" Live Every Day As If It Was Your Last, And One Day You Will Be Right!"
    .................¤ॐ¤..............
    :p"लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
    बाऩध साफा जब गाबरू तयार होते....
    देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके....
    और कहते ......
    काश हम भी जाट होते........

Jat galya 'halwai' fit tai nahi bathta ... par isse isse bhi jat sai jo halwai sai ....ar ke bera isse isse bhi ho jo 'jamadaar' ho...koi baddi baat nahi !

par joke tha delete ho gya...koi baat nahi. ke ho gya..koyesa aur post karde iss bai , jat nai 'IAS afsar' bana diye..tera joke bhi delete nahi hoga ar haam jisse jaata nai bhi bhadiya lagega.

bhai hum tai jaata nai badi-badi posta pai dekhna chawe sai chahe joke ho ya asli mai.
    My way or my way ?

Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    Jat galya 'halwai' fit tai nahi bathta ... par isse isse bhi jat sai jo halwai sai ....ar ke bera isse isse bhi ho jo 'jamadaar' ho...koi baddi baat nahi !

par joke tha delete ho gya...koi baat nahi. ke ho gya..koyesa aur post karde iss bai , jat nai 'IAS afsar' bana diye..tera joke bhi delete nahi hoga ar haam jisse jaata nai bhi bhadiya lagega.

bhai hum tai jaata nai badi-badi posta pai dekhna chawe sai chahe joke ho ya asli mai.
    sehi kehi...wesye bhai gagan maine nue lage hai ki the ise thread ka hi wait karte rehte lage jatland ke darwaje par baith ke..kulhadi liye..:D
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Well i can only say....

she was in bad mood yesterday..:p

this gives enuff more gud reasons for further introspection into her capacity to work as MOD/Editor of JL

Well, i m sorry that m not gonna comment on the main part of the thread but one thing i noticed and always disappointed me is that what is the problem with us(Jats). Why do we see a proffession as gud or bad ? What is wrong with being a Halwaii and Jamadar or a businessman or anything else ? This mentality is what which hinders us to proceed towards progress. An obstacle always that Jats are warriors and royal so wont do such small/cheap work. Bad and disappointing too.

Sorry for the digress.
    Last edited by dkumars; May 28th, 2008 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vivektaliyan View Post
    Bhai Tewatiya I am agree with you...I am originally frm western u.p...I am just giving the example of my village ,In my village also there are around 15 jats doing the business of halwai..and they are doin it very well. And now every where as u tell jats are doing the same business.

If mrs. Bharti think that jat can't be a halwai than she is wrong.
    pLS UPDATE UR G.K....

mhaarey gaam mai bhi ek JAT Halwaai ki dukaan sai "ANUPAM SWEETS" mitthaai badhiyaa banaavey sai.. mai tai ussey pai liyaa karroon jaa kai mitthaai..
    राहुल टोकस
    जय किलकी टौल!!!!!!!! :rock

JAI KILLKI TAULL!!!!!!!! :rock

Bhai is Jatland ke Editor jo bhi mene ye dekha hai ki wo ek member ko jawab dena ucchit nahi samjhte...........wo to wahi baat karte hai jo wo chhate hai..... bhai tane aacha lage te tu likhta re mahri(Editors) marji hogi jab chahe lock kar denge or explanation bhi nahi denge..........Tumahre saath jo kiya gaya wo accha nahi hua......istre to ye log ek din is froum ko khatam kar denge.......
    Yoginder Gulia

Smile

i have been a jatland member for 7 yrs maybe. we jats hate authority, we run by basic instinct and fail to see bigger picture.
    this isnt new, new members usually immediately attack moderators, admins and want immediate changes to contents and formats on most pages. they have objections and egos (we all have big ego)

if moderators /admins were to give explainations in public, they would be stripped and thrashed. their not entering discussions/arguments is the wisest decision.

if one joke is deleted dont take it as ego. as it is these days everybody has heard all the jokes thanks to forwarded sms and emails and laughter champions.

in 7 years on this forum, i ve never been stopped from discussing anything creative/productive. my threads were often moved/deleted but that is how decorum and system is followed.

first thing we as jats have to learn to stand behind those who work or work ourselves rather than a basic instinctive urge to pull down and show down others.

i am thankful to moderators/admin for doing this thankless and unpaid job.

we have to learn from punjabi, sikh, bengali and other successful communities how to work as a group.

in a group, every ones directive cannot be followed and everybody's wish cant prevail all the time, the greater common good should be kept in mind

let us work towards common good and not pick individual targets.

if our material isnot accepted, let us come up with better material
    Last edited by navingulia; May 28th, 2008 at 07:14 PM.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

can not we be thankful to moderators/admin for managing the site, spending all their time scrutinising posts and new memberships.
    can not we be thankful to them for not entering every heated discussion.
    cannot we be thankful to them for taking all the blame and still working relentlessly.

i dont think i could ever imagine making a website for jats and then managing it with thousands of trgger happy jats around. the thought makes me panic

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

I agree Gulia Saab. Its a bit of a thankless task being a moderator.. Joke delete ho gaya to aur likh do yaar. The reasoning given was a bit rude but use that as inspiration to write more creatively... Aapka next thread saalon saal chale..

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    i have been a jatland member for 7 yrs maybe. we jats hate authority, we run by basic instinct and fail to see bigger picture.
    this isnt new, new members usually immediately attack moderators, admins and want immediate changes to contents and formats on most pages. they have objections and egos (we all have big ego)

if moderators /admins were to give explainations in public, they would be stripped and thrashed. their not entering discussions/arguments is the wisest decision.

if one joke is deleted dont take it as ego. as it is these days everybody has heard all the jokes thanks to forwarded sms and emails and laughter champions.

in 7 years on this forum, i ve never been stopped from discussing anything creative/productive. my threads were often moved/deleted but that is how decorum and system is followed.

first thing we as jats have to learn to stand behind those who work or work ourselves rather than a basic instinctive urge to pull down and show down others.

i am thankful to moderators/admin for doing this thankless and unpaid job.

we have to learn from punjabi, sikh, bengali and other successful communities how to work as a group.

in a group, every ones directive cannot be followed and everybody's wish cant prevail all the time, the greater common good should be kept in mind

let us work towards common good and not pick individual targets.

if our material isnot accepted, let us come up with better material
    bhai navin...the big Q was...deletion of the thread nd whether this is/was a JAT/non-JAT joke ? it wud hv bn better if u had gone thru the contents nd other members viewpoint b 4 jumping to yr opinion. in fact i even quoted/appreciated mr. sitaram jakhar b 4 pointing out fingers to any one.

...i wonder where this EGO comes into picture...it seems tht u r forcing yr comments just for the sake of it...whether it is concerned to the subject or not.

...in my opinion more than 90% ppl r driven by instinct, leave aside jats, u nd me r no exception here. in fact u gave a perfect example above.

...if there r sms's nd all tht similar stuff available everywhere then wat is the credibility of having HUMOR section on JL ?

...in fact, i've earlier reciprocated my views on yet another thread...tht they (MOD's) r doing appreciable job, but tht doesn't give them any right/might to work at their will. they r a public figure nd at times answerable to genuine concerns. remember, nobody forced them to take this thankless job...

...btw who asked them to giv a public explanation, in fact I directed a visitor post nd later a PM...guess i hv all the reasons in the world to do tht.

...we (jats) dont hv to learn anything frm punjabi's, bengali's or watever...a jat is a class apart, they make nd break their own rules. pls dont compare jats to any other community...nd while doing so dont impose yr wild fantasies publicly, hwever no one stops u to follow watever u feel like...cos u too r a class apart.

...again, new member or old member doesn't define an individual's thought or viewpoint.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; May 28th, 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Ya baat to sahi kahi Tewatia saab, Jat ne bengali te compare kar diya gulia ji ne to.. Kasuta naraaz ho rahe ho bhaisaab aap

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    can not we be thankful to moderators/admin for managing the site, spending all their time scrutinising posts and new memberships.
    can not we be thankful to them for not entering every heated discussion.
    cannot we be thankful to them for taking all the blame and still working relentlessly.

i dont think i could ever imagine making a website for jats and then managing it with thousands of trgger happy jats around. the thought makes me panic
    pls follow the link below, there is a seperate thread to express yr viewpoint. this threads is addressing a different issue, wch u r failing to understand
    here's the link

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24317

Smile

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters:D:D

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=brahmtewatia;170733...dding [U]Jat[/U] with Halwai does not make it a Jat-joke.

i immdtly posted a visitor msg on her profile tht: ...m'aam i really pity yr information abt jats, if u think tht jats r not halwai's...nd yr action of deleting the thread was totally unjustified. however, [/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]instead of replying to my concern she removed the msg frm her visitor buk nd changed the settings so tht no one can NOW post visitor msgs to her. later, in fact i posted a PM to her...still no reply, yet.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]

.................................................. .................................................. ....

I 100 % agree with your above mentioned point,

If they are not reachable to public,(or willing to be reachable) or not giving a reply when being quiestioned, what's the point to make them MOD's...

If they don't wish to solve/clarify the matter, why did they opt for Mod's job...:rolleyes:
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

my humble apologies sir, for causing any hurt
    my last post wasnot specifically addressed to you, i was responding to regular bashing and questioning of integrity of moderators/admin.
    but i still stand by what i said, i have used the word 'we', so the criticism i have made according to my little understanding applies to me too.

sir, u questioned the credibility (word used by you) of one moderator who has no personal grudges against you or me. my threads have also been deleted and moved when required.(see that is why i personally have great respect for these moderators. i have lost patience at times but i have never seen them lose patience.)

in my own personal opinion, being a Jat doesnot make me any greater or lesser. i have tremendous respect for other communities and individuals and definitely will try to learn from everyone including yourself.

i always see how well the sikh organisations work, where as most jat organisations fail with differences. i also see how successful they are. i personally dont see any harm in learning from them.

we both have a right to believe in what we believe in
    my apologies again
    (i rest my case)
    thanks
    Last edited by navingulia; May 28th, 2008 at 08:35 PM.