Thread: It Is Destroying Our Nation

It Is Destroying Our Nation

A society or a system should feel alarmed when a potentially deadly virus stares in the face. Unfortunately, when the virus is self-inflicted and nurtured by powerful homegrown nutrients then it destroys the system. That is what our nation is going through. The recent stir and killings of and by Gujjars, the Mumbai ethnic uproar and all the others things including govt. sponsored quota system based on castes will destroy this nation.

Yes, this caste system and ethnic division are unfortunate. The sad part is that Indian politics thrives on dividing and exploiting people in all possible ways. The editor of the Tribune (published and printed in Chandigarh) wrote an article with title something like “Indian Parliament is a Place for Criminals”. Indeed, the politics of getting votes in our democracy has become so blind and nasty that it is hurting the very system it is supposed to build.

These riots and stirs start in hands of indiscriminant and ruthless politicians to grind their own axe. Our general population is so naïve and stupid (if I may say so) that we deserve the spanking on our butt.

The central govt. continuously talks about division and quotas and not about unity and lifting the nation by helping the needy and making a good use of the potent. What a shame! Let us be proud of our system and nation!

I have spent more than two years in India as part of a long term plan to get educated and educate people. I have spent time delivering lectures on mathematics, business and social issues in schools, colleges, institutions and university departments. I come across the same concern - people don’t trust the system and justifiably so. Here is the worst - they don’t have any hope of improvement.

After the attacks in the US on September 11, 2001, India has lost more people in so-called terrorists attacks than any other country in the world. US has seen NO incident on its soil after that fateful day. Elsewhere in Europe there been some disturbances and the culprits have been caught quickly. We are such a passive society that we bury and cremate our dead, lament for a while and then life goes as we wait for another incident. Problem is that we don’t know our enemy. Our nation is divided in groups, and these groups are constantly one-upping each other. This is our POLITICS and that is our ENEMY- folks. It will sink this ship.
    Keep thinking, it always helps !!!!!

Budh Nashier, M.Sc.(Hons.), Ph.D.

Thumbs up Kudos to you Uncle, Salutations!

Respected Uncle ji,

I second and value your thoughts word by word, indeed you explained it really well of the current pathetic condition of our Society, System & goverment ... I hope it'll certainly open the eyes of so called Proud Indians who carry false pride!

I dont think situation is gonna improve in coming days; we need Revolution, complete hauling of this messed up System & kicks to lethargic dead ppl ...

In my opinion, for a speedy improvment there's just one way and that is to Impose Army Rule! otherwise these Dirty Politics & Corruption will eat our Great India and that day is not far away.

There is no other way. period.

Rock on
    Jit
    Quote Originally Posted by bnashier View Post
    A society or a system should feel alarmed when a potentially deadly virus stares in the face. Unfortunately, when the virus is self-inflicted and nurtured by powerful homegrown nutrients then it destroys the system. That is what our nation is going through. The recent stir and killings of and by Gujjars, the Mumbai ethnic uproar and all the others things including govt. sponsored quota system based on castes will destroy this nation.

Yes, this caste system and ethnic division are unfortunate. The sad part is that Indian politics thrives on dividing and exploiting people in all possible ways. The editor of the Tribune (published and printed in Chandigarh) wrote an article with title something like “Indian Parliament is a Place for Criminals”. Indeed, the politics of getting votes in our democracy has become so blind and nasty that it is hurting the very system it is supposed to build.

These riots and stirs start in hands of indiscriminant and ruthless politicians to grind their own axe. Our general population is so naïve and stupid (if I may say so) that we deserve the spanking on our butt.

The central govt. continuously talks about division and quotas and not about unity and lifting the nation by helping the needy and making a good use of the potent. What a shame! Let us be proud of our system and nation!

I have spent more than two years in India as part of a long term plan to get educated and educate people. I have spent time delivering lectures on mathematics, business and social issues in schools, colleges, institutions and university departments. I come across the same concern - people don’t trust the system and justifiably so. Here is the worst - they don’t have any hope of improvement.

After the attacks in the US on September 11, 2001, India has lost more people in so-called terrorists attacks than any other country in the world. US has seen NO incident on its soil after that fateful day. Elsewhere in Europe there been some disturbances and the culprits have been caught quickly. We are such a passive society that we bury and cremate our dead, lament for a while and then life goes as we wait for another incident. Problem is that we don’t know our enemy. Our nation is divided in groups, and these groups are constantly one-upping each other. This is our POLITICS and that is our ENEMY- folks. It will sink this ship.
    Last edited by cooljat; May 30th, 2008 at 05:11 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Question Is it a wave of change?

Is it a wave of change?

Dont know but can it be seen as eye opener for the politicians and some improvements could be expected?

Govt. cant drag these dis-balanced and partial policies in the country. There must be something that can make each and every party think of when they utter something before elections.

After this I dont think anyone would go for big mouth talks before elections as they will have fear of such kind of agitations later which will ruin them. The same happened in in 90s for reservation .... but now I feel that with this act of gujjars everybody is threatened from inside. They will be compelled to come up with some better policies now.

Any society which thrives on manipulations and is lead by insensitive leadership coupled with in education and poverty has to get infected sooner than later.We are trying cut the very branch on which we stand.Unfortunate but true.These are testing times but then every society has to face these skirmishes and turbulences before they come to their own. As jitu said,ultimately things will settle down after long churning......But only stronger will prevail........That will be unfortunate...but that is the way things move on this planet.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"