Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Role of media

i think everythin has its pros and cons.....

n same is the case with media...yes this is true that ppl r more interested in gathering the news rather than helping the victim. even normal citizens are interested in clickin snaps when some mishap is taking place jus so later they can send it to some news channel and make some amount of money.

but on the other hand we cannot discredit the fact that the accussed in Jessica Lal murder case and Priyadarshini Matoo case were convicted largely because of the way media highlighted these cases and ordinary citizens also joined the fight.
    media is acting this way because we as citizens are demanding of such acts.
    so nobody can be blamed completely and we wud just hav to live with both the sides of the coins
    Good life starts when u stop wanting a better one !!!! :D

Role of Media

Dear all
    though i have been the member of our this site for last two years but today for the first time i am writing on this jat's public platform.
    and it is realy great to see that the website has became very good forum for the discussion and people are contributing their ideas on different social and burning issues which realy need to address.

congrats to all of us......

On the role of Media before you guys reach any discussion i would like to draw your kind attention towards some of the contributions of the media in recent past which are not only the

if we look at the latest case of Jessica lal,Nitish Katara and Priyadarshani Mattoo,we can analyse the role of media in a positive sense.
    Before this if we go two decades back we would found the case of Bofors deal Scandal ,the case was not expose by and investigative agency but it was the role of a jouranlist of "The Indian Express " who brought this case to limelight.What has happend with Natwar Singh......
    can we ignore how the cash for query scam was exposed by the media.and the latest is the case of ASARAM Bapu ashram's case
    these are some of the latest examples and many more are there we should look into before reaching any conclusion.
    But yes media has also shortcomings which are bound to be there because as the media people are also one among us our brother and sisters.and whatever the changes in the ethical and mral values of society is there we can see the reflection of same on the different sectors be it media be it politics be it corporate life be it army.